• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Ai3zG.jpg

Cool stuff.

arstal said:
If these changes take hold that don't seem to be too popular, I wonder if it's possible people would just declare Super the tourney standard, and not AE if people end up not liking it.

With a lot of the "balance" changes revealed so far I wouldn't be surprised if people just stuck with super if it isn't DLC.

Axis

stabicron7 said:
With a lot of the "balance" changes revealed so far I wouldn't be surprised if people just stuck with super if it isn't DLC.

on the flipside, a lot of people will want to abide by the japanese standard so i can definitely see a disc-based GOTY type deal selling fairly well to people who like to play it for the competition. but we have to remember these were location tests...nothing is final and i have faith in them making a balanced game(ssf4 is well balanced IMO)

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Gyrian said:
Caught this on Reddit.
Less of a mind blow by posting it in this thread specifically, but very neat all the same. Dat design work.

2zwgd.jpg

That's pretty awesome right there, brilliantly done.

As well as the one that SnowWolf posted, they all just click naturally.

God's Beard said:

It came true for the most part. Offense is good in sf4, turtling isn't very common in upper level play, and you don't have parries dumbing the game down! Focus attacks didn't really become as universally applicable as Ono hoped though, as some characters have much better FA's (and better dashes, which help) than others.

Axis

i may be alone on this but i really like the focus attack system...if someone wants to full screen fireball you all day...absorbing them really cuts down on their turtling tactics

Axis said:
i may be alone on this but i really like the focus attack system...if someone wants to full screen fireball you all day...absorbing them really cuts down on their turtling tactics

They will still chuck dat plasma. Plus one mishap on your part takes you down to low health after absorbing the fireballs.

I usually just absorb 2 fireballs, then nuetral jump most of the others...mixed in with a little taunting.

Axis

black_vegeta said:
They will still chuck dat plasma. Plus one mishap takes you down to low health after absorbing the fireballs.

I usually just absorb 2 fireballs, then nuetral jump most of the others...mixed in with a little taunting.

i'll FA 2 or say and then hazanshu over the predicted 3rd one...then back up...and repeat the cycle unless they move towards me...vegeta i want that rog practice man...i just wish your connection wasn't so unstable

Axis said:
i'll FA 2 or say and then hazanshu over the predicted 3rd one...then back up...and repeat the cycle unless they move towards me...vegeta i want that rog practice man...i just wish your connection wasn't so unstable

Yeah, our connection was ass-a-rific last time played. We'll get some matches in soon.

Axis

black_vegeta said:
Yeah, our connection was ass-a-rific last time played. We'll get some matches in soon.

yeah def, i think that's the first time i've beaten you in a 2 of 3...you used to rape the shit out of me :-/

black_vegeta said:
They will still chuck dat plasma. Plus one mishap on your part takes you down to low health after absorbing the fireballs.

Kara taunt the fireballs. I did that to a local guy i don't particularly get along with.

El Sloth

Banned
Axis said:

Yeah, but the parry system did this better in my opinion.

Axis

El Sloth said:
Yeah, but the parry system did this better in my opinion.

parry system shut down fireballs completely...which completely negates some characters zoning tools...you can't do that and expect the game to be as balanced as they're trying to make it be...parrying worked in sf3(i love sf3) but it wouldn't work in sf4...i think they've found a good balance between the systems

Threi

notag
I'll take Focus over parries any day of the week.

frankly that applies to the whole system. Only superior thing in SF3 was ultra selection choices, and SSF4 acquired that.

I like the saving system more than parry. Parries make SF into a guessing game. The focus attack can be used defensive or offensively but not indefinitely. My only gripe is using FAs still build the same amount of revenge meter, so someone who has 75 percent of his life can theoretically have an ultra.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Those who prefer FA over parries never managed to fully parry Chun SA2.

Fact.

Threi

notag
El Sloth said:
Welp, I guess opinions can be wrong. :lol
possibly, and possibly the next version will ape 3s considering how rabid the fanbase is for that game.

For the meantime though I will move on from that old-ass dead game and enjoy SSF4 for what it is.

Yoshichan said:
Those who prefer FA over parries never managed to fully parry Chun SA2.

Fact.
bubu daigo made it look so cool it MUST be better!

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Threi said:
:lol calling me a Daigo fan? Clearly you have no idea what you're talking about. As usual, that is.

N4Us

Degen said:
What was wrong with MvC2 on the PS2? I heard the Xbox version was the garbage one.

I heard that the XBox version actually isn't that bad compared to the PS2 one, but it plays like a garbled mess on BC 360.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Threi said:
possibly, and possibly the next version will ape 3s considering how rabid the fanbase is for that game.

For the meantime though I will move on from that old-ass dead game and enjoy SSF4 for what it is.

3s has a hardcore following that is very vocal, the game bombed when it was released back then, I doubt the fanbase is really that big. In my opinion sales will be low for the online version of sf3, really doubt we'll see anything even close to sf4 numbers...

Spiderjericho said:
I like the saving system more than parry. Parries make SF into a guessing game. The focus attack can be used defensive or offensively but not indefinitely. My only gripe is using FAs still build the same amount of revenge meter, so someone who has 75 percent of his life can theoretically have an ultra.
theoretically you can win with an ultra and a perfect

Threi said:
frankly that applies to the whole system. Only superior thing in SF3 was ultra selection choices, and SSF4 acquired that.

I kind of hate the revenge meter. LOL at getting such a colossal reward for taking damage. You already get some super meter for getting your ass kicked for fuck's sake. Also, fuck 4's juggle system. Way lamer than 3S'. I liked how stun made juggling easier in that game instead of letting the opponent fall safely. Also, lol scaling.

Yoshichan

My bad Threi...

ArjanN

Spiderjericho said:
My only gripe is using FAs still build the same amount of revenge meter, so someone who has 75 percent of his life can theoretically have an ultra.

I like that, because it means that if someone is fireball spamming, he's just giving you a free ultra.

_dementia said:
theoretically you can win with an ultra and a perfect

I kind of hate the revenge meter. LOL at getting such a colossal reward for taking damage. You already get some super meter for getting your ass kicked for fuck's sake. Also, fuck 4's juggle system. Way lamer than 3S'. I liked how stun made juggling easier in that game instead of letting the opponent fall safely. Also, lol scaling.

True, but I was just giving an example. That shouldn't happen even if the other person is an idiot. It should work like KOF/Fatal Fury/AOF death moves, when your life is low. You should only get one hail mary pass.

Seeing Rose do her floating orbs twice in a round is ridiculous.

Also, SFIV has some weird scaling some times. I don't mind the juggle system in IV. It's probably my favorite juggle implementation after ST. A3 and TS were a little ridiculous.

I like the cancel aspect of FAs, and I guess the whole baiting thing is fine, but I don't like the revenge meter or the focus attacks. I understand that it's more flexible than parries, though.

I don't really want either. Just give me a Super bar with 6 EX stocks and 3 stocks to super, 6 to EX Super(ultra). 1 stock for EX, 2 stocks to cancel a move with no dashing crap.

ElFly

DarkoMaledictus said:
3s has a hardcore following that is very vocal, the game bombed when it was released back then, I doubt the fanbase is really that big. In my opinion sales will be low for the online version of sf3, really doubt we'll see anything even close to sf4 numbers...

Comparing it with SF4 retail is unfair.

The real question is if it will outsell SSF2THDRDGDFE$REBFF

I am guessing no.

Yoshichan

ElFly said:
Comparing it with SF4 retail is unfair.

The real question is if it will outsell SSF2THDRDGDFE$REBFF

I am guessing no.
Super Street Fighter Two Turbo High Definition Remix sold well because it was pre-SFIV-hype.

Yoshichan

ElFly said:
Really? I thought that it lost a lot of its appeal once SF4 was announced.
By the time SFHD got released, the only footage we saw from SFIV was the terrible looking 1up videos... I'm sure some people even said SFHD would beat the crap out of SFIV :lol

HDR Remix did pretty well on PSN on Live in its first month. I remember reading it sold more than a quarter of a mil.

Who knows how well it sold after that. Supposedly, the original hyper fighting is one of the best selling titles on Live.

ElFly

Yoshichan said:
By the time SFHD got released, the only footage we saw from SFIV was the terrible looking 1up videos... I'm sure some people even said SFHD would beat the crap out of SFIV :lol

I am sure those people existed (and SFIV's artstyle took a lot of "getting used to") but I bet more people moved their hype from the remake of an old game to a completely new game.

Anyway, it's hard to say either way, but the point was that SSF2THDR is the game to beat for SF3:3SSDR.

El Sloth

Banned
Threi said:

Just to make sure we're on the same page, I'm talking about my opinion. I read what you guys wrote, thought about it for a bit, and I agreed. You guys convinced me.

Yoshichan

ElFly said:
Anyway, it's hard to say either way, but the point was that SSF2THDR is the game to beat for SF3:3SSDR.
It will definitely beat SF3:3SOEDR in terms of sales but I for one will play the living shit out of it!

"By the time SFHD got released, the only footage we saw from SFIV was the terrible looking 1up videos..."

Not at all. There was quite a bit of direct feed arcade footage out by then for anyone who actually bothered to pay attention to the game before the hype hit.

Yoshichan said:
No. STHD was released after SFIV was in arcades.

edit: beaten by tek

Yoshichan

Teknopathetic said:
Not at all. There was quite a bit of direct feed arcade footage out by then for anyone who actually bothered to pay attention to the game before the hype hit.
Hmm weird. And the arcade edition back then looked as good as Vanilla SFIV right now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom