• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
MarkMan said:
I'm tired of your mumbo jumbo.

Who's going to Season's Beatings Redemption?

I'll be there and hope to see you guys (whoever goes)! Stop by the Mad Catz booth.

Geez you guys have a booth at SB5? Momo2 is small enough as it is. Hopefully you won't have to set up in one of the karaoke rooms :lol

I'll come by your booth and say hi. I don't have my Daigo-autographed SNSD stick with me, otherwise I would get your sig on it too :D

SnowWolf said:
Geez you guys have a booth at SB5? Momo2 is small enough as it is. Hopefully you won't have to set up in one of the karaoke rooms :lol

I'll come by your booth and say hi. I don't have my Daigo-autographed SNSD stick with me, otherwise I would get your sig on it too :D

A8pO9.gif

I love your avatar.

hitsugi

_dementia said:
dude really seems to be the recluse type, seemingly only participating in online tourneys and such these days

lives in the boonies, no arcades near him, works a lot.

used to occasionally play SF4 in arcades, had something like a 93% win ratio and held the record for win streak with C.Viper (197 wins?)

I think the beating he got from Jiro at SBO 3s sat him at home :x

vissione

Banned
SSF4 AE DLC wasn't approved, new project in the works

So what happened with the Arcade Edition DLC characters proposal Ono-san?

Ono: I couldn't got approval from [upper level staff], but I'll continue [the] proposal!!

Good luck on getting your bosses to approve DLC.

Ono: Thanks. So, I got approval from my boss, Keiji Inafune, but I can't [get] it from [upper level staff]. ;(

My hype died! I give up on wishing for Arcade Edition DLC for SSF4 since you didn't got approval! =(

Ono: I'm not giving up yet. ;D

http://www.eventhubs.com/news/2010/oct/10/ono-ssf4-ae-dlc-wasnt-approved-new-project-works/

trollface.jpg

11_12_9---Compact-Disc_web.jpg
=
08-01-17_money8.jpg

Oichi said:
He played during arcade SF4 but not as much as others because he lives way out in the countryside now. Last time I checked he was at around 97% win rate with about 1000 matches...

I forgot that he played Viper. I remember seeing his data. And I've seen match videos of his Viper (and Akuma and Cammy).

Hopefully, he'll come out more after the arcade release. But I don't think they'd let the program out of the lab, for fear it might usurp civilization and enslave it.

Vissione, looks like Ono is trolling again. There's no way people will pay a third time for a disc. It'll be best if they take the same approach they did with Resident Evil 5 (release a greatest hits disc and DLC).

Zapages

what was the competition Sako played against during his vanilla arcade games? Seems since he's out of the competitive area, he wouldn't get much competition like Daigo, Mago, Tokido, Ojisan, etc... That's probably why his win pct was so great.

EDIT: Ono within a Blanka, within a Blanka. The amount of troll power in that picture alone can cause a portal to another dimension like that amusement park in off topic.

XenoRaven

Arcade version gets Yun and Yang.

New hypothetical disc version gets them +4 characters not in the arcade version.

In the ciiiiiiiircllllllleeeee....

DR2K

Banned
XenoRaven said:
Arcade version gets Yun and Yang.

New hypothetical disc version gets them +4 characters not in the arcade version.

In the ciiiiiiiircllllllleeeee....

I believe there are more characters for the AE.

There's no way. I can't believe Capcom, who got flack for not releasing Super as DLC would repeat the same action. I pray to god, there's a new background or two plus characters. New (good) music would be nice. I'd like a Third Strike approach but expect Ono the least to satisfy expectations.

And thanks for the odd DLC release schedule and high costume prices.

biosnake20 said:
cant wait for sb5

Last year's was ridiculous. It was debut of Wolfkrone aka Pad Viper. The return of Puerto Rico Balrog. Daigo vs. Fei Wong. Sanford putting Daigo on blast. Highlighting Floe's skill. I think that NC Gen was there too. Definitely entertaining.

This year we have Gamer Bee, VVVscrub, Starnab, J.Wong, Momochi and Daigo. Hopefully, Empire, EG and some west coast delegates attend.

Plus the MVC2 match.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
If these changes take hold that don't seem to be too popular, I wonder if it's possible people would just declare Super the tourney standard, and not AE if people end up not liking it.

Despite their efforts to crap on the community, it will continue to support new Capcom titles. The only way it wouldn't is if it were a train wreck like Dreamcast TS, PS2 MVC2 or ST on the Capcom Collection.

Spiderjericho said:
Last year's was ridiculous. It was debut of Wolfkrone aka Pad Viper. The return of Puerto Rico Balrog. Daigo vs. Fei Wong. Sanford putting Daigo on blast. Highlighting Floe's skill. I think that NC Gen was there too. Definitely entertaining.

This year we have Gamer Bee, VVVscrub, Starnab, J.Wong, Momochi and Daigo. Hopefully, Empire, EG and some west coast delegates attend.

Plus the MVC2 match.

are there vidoes of sanford vs daigo and sb4 in general?

biosnake20 said:
are there vidoes of sanford vs daigo and sb4 in general?

Should be on the tube. It was in the team tournament. Daigo got the short end of the stick and got teamed up with two jobbers. He was the anchor, but there's only so much one person can do.

But he still managed to win the singles tournament, despite jet lag, despite not having a deep knowledge of the console, etc.

My only gripe with SB5 is I don't want to see Rufus/Ryu in the finals nor Wong/Daigo again.

god's beard said:
You guys don't get it. He can't admit that DLC is coming until after the arcade machines have hit the ground.

True. He can't shoot the arcade release in the foot. The operators are paying an extravagant amount for the kit. The arcade release is probably going to be exclusive for awhile. Probably the weird April release date.

def sim

Nose Master said:
I wouldn't be surprised at all by a retail disc release.

No reason why it couldn't be both.

I'm sure the DLC will happen anyway. Ono is just making shit up to keep hype and to make the arcade release seem less pointless.

rance said:
Ono is just making shit up to keep hype and to make the arcade release seem less pointless.

He keeps trolling us. He trolls the arcade operators by charging $20,000 for an "upgrade" with four new backgrounds, balance tweaks and 12+ new characters.

I wish Fubar was around to shed light on the pricing of say KOF XIII, VF5, etc.

While we get trolled with lame costumes, Capcom knows us retards will buy.

_Xenon_

Banned
yun & yang + new balance table + new stages / themes / trials + new unlockable artworks + all costumes + online champion mode = $39.99, Q2 2011, right before EVO11. Call it right here.

gutabo

Degen said:
What was wrong with MvC2 on the PS2? I heard the Xbox version was the garbage one.
IIRC they tried to fix some glitches and failed, lots of slowdown, "alpha counters" had no invincibility(so most were rendered pointless) and some more stuff I don't remember.

_Xenon_ said:
yun & yang + new balance table + new stages / themes / trials + new unlockable artworks + all costumes + online champion mode = $39.99, Q2 2011, right before EVO11. Call it right here.

I would sadly bend over and buy it.

fml

Hunahan

Banned
Honestly, I don't even give a shit.

My return on investment for the two Street Fighter games are so ridiculous that I don't even care.

I've paid like a nickel a match or something by this point. I'm sure I'd get my money's worth out of another disk release as well. Particularly if they expand the character roster by another 6 fighters or whatever.

Why people get so up tight about this is beyond me.

And besides, it's almost a tradition at this point.

Three Alpha's
Three III's
Three 4's

I'd be fine.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
cHaotix8 said:
AE will be DLC. You're kidding yourselves if you think it won't be.

Yeah; I don't see another version of Super selling very well in this day and age -BUT doing both a DLC pack and a GOTY Edition with all the DLC I could see (just like RE5 Gold)- so we're either not getting it or we'll see an announcement after the arcade version hits.

Although the other issue is that this kind of DLC could potentially split the online player base.

SmokeMaxX

Lyte Edge said:
Yeah; I don't see another version of Super selling very well in this day and age -BUT doing both a DLC pack and a GOTY Edition with all the DLC I could see (just like RE5 Gold)- so we're either not getting it or we'll see an announcement after the arcade version hits.

Although the other issue is that this kind of DLC could potentially split the online player base.
Nah, they'll probably do forced update of balance changes then introduce Yun/Yang as DLC to play AS but not against.

_Xenon_ said:
Interestingly enough SSF4 recently dropped down to $19.99 at Target. :lol

Gyrian

Caught this on Reddit.
Less of a mind blow by posting it in this thread specifically, but very neat all the same. Dat design work.

2zwgd.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom