• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
FindMyFarms said:
You beat vega df + rh the same way you beat any normal, space properly and make it whiff, then punish. It's a really easy whiff punish too. If vega's in range focus bait that shit depending on whether he has charge or not.

If they DO get you with the df + rh on block, it's -1 but keep in mind it has 5 active frames, so it's not unusual for them to be at advantage. Teching is dandy and all, but if you're predictable you will eat either jump back FP (non OS tech) or cr. jab counterhit (os tech) into pain. Typically I'll just backdash, as it's a pretty safe option.

Actually the one time I played him I think he P'd on me :lol :lol So yeah this is pretty true.

It's safe but again against vegas that know better (hate you greg), they know that any backdash is 100% punishable with juggle ex-walldive. It really is guess fighter 4 at this point for both you and greg :<

jam86 said:
It's safe but again against vegas that know better (hate you greg), they know that any backdash is 100% punishable with juggle ex-walldive. It really is guess fighter 4 at this point for both you and greg :<

Well yeah, there's no "win" button, but i'll take the backdash since the counter to it takes both a charge commitment and bar to punish. If the vega doesn't have bar and thinks you're going to backdash, then hard countering it then becomes a risky commitment as you can jab him out of whatever he wants to do.

GamerSoul

Alright, after Evo I jumped into Super (had to!!). I played a bit of the original 4 but I'm pretty much starting at square one all over again. Right now I'm keeping my main Sakura(love her 2nd Ultra) and Im trying out Ibuki because I always wanted to and never had a chance to. It's probably gona be tough with those two but Im sticking to them and hopefully soon I'll have them decent enough to challenge Gaf :lol

TurtleSnatcher said:
Dallas GAF is just free.
Fixed for accuracy.
Find's Cammy scares me.

I'm really feeling more confident in my Sakura nowadays. I'm getting those crazy tight links down for the most part, and finding a lot of new ways to do resets (I'm pretty sure I made a corner reset nobody's really explored as of yet).
Hopefully, she'll reach the level of my Bison in a few months.

Also, I'm starting to teach myself a new character. I may bust the character out during a GAF session.

AZ Greg

No sharing strategies to beat Vega! :lol

GGs to Joekage, Chaotix, and Soulfist.

Soul, the only thing I'd suggest is a little less focusing. And sorry about bailing after just a few matches. Had to go grab a bite to eat. Was gonna see if you wanted to play some more but you were gone when I got back on.

And thanks for the kind words guys. <3 GAF

Protip: Just pick Rufus. I'm free for him. :(

SoulFist

AZ Greg said:
Soul, the only thing I'd suggest is a little less focusing. And sorry about bailing after just a few matches. Had to go grab a bite to eat. Was gonna see if you wanted to play some more but you were gone when I got back on.

Oh no problem man. Just shoot me an invite whenever you want to play some games. I'm usually on pretty frequently.:)

AZ Greg said:
No sharing strategies to beat Vega! :lol

GGs to Joekage, Chaotix, and Soulfist.

And thanks for the kind words guys. <3 GAF

Protip: Just pick Rufus. I'm free for him. :(

k ill start learning rufus.

Guess Rufus is a counter pick to your counter pick to Honda as well :p

AZ Greg

GGs haunts.

Your Sagat still gives me trouble. Back of the bus, pfft!

Edit: Thanks for the link jlai. Gonna grab one tomorrow if they're still in stock. :D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Daigo's friends are all jealous of him in Japan. So I'm sending them a bunch of Team Mad Catz shirts/sticks. :)

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
MarkMan said:
Daigo's friends are all jealous of him in Japan. So I'm sending them a bunch of Team Mad Catz shirts/sticks. :)

hey, I'm jealous too. WHERE'S MY FUCKING PARADE?!

Pepto

Banned
This will hit the shops next week: D Double E - Street Fighter Riddim

sogood.gif

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
re: fukiage

I land that shit all the time as aa these days. Jumping in on Makoto at 12 or 11 o'clock unless you have her knocked down and can safe jump fukiage is a bad habit to get into. You're pretty much taking your own life in your hands because she can aa juggle you for a ton of damage and stun (or reset you into a 50/50 ultra setup after the first fukiage with f.lk or j.hp) and there's a decent chance that you'll end up knocked down in the corner, and if you guess wrong once after that point, she's gonna stun you.

Makoto's defense once she's knocked down is pretty shit, but her aa game is really, really good. She's sorta like Dhalsim in that she has a ton of situational aa's, depending on the distance and angle you're jumping in at. But what makes her aa's really good is that, most of the time, they leave her in a position to dash in with frame advantage and force you to make a split second guess about what she's gonna do next and which side she's gonna do it from.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Kimosabae said:
Thanks. I'd greatly appreciate it if you could give a recommendation :)

I have 40 gig. I want at least twice that.
I replaced my 60 gig with a Seagate Momentus (500gb, 5400 RPM) and it works great. In general, any 5400 RPM, 2.5" SATA drive would be the best option (people were saying that 7200RPM has little benefits for the PS3 and therefore isn't worth the increased heat)... just pick a brand you trust.

A lot of people recommended the Western Digital Scorpio Blue as well when I asked around about this.

EDIT: Sanford and Art commentary on Sim vs Ryu = perfect. I'm glad class got cancelled so I can watch the stream, lol.

Threi

notag
lttp but gotta add to the AZ Greg props

learning his patterns and shenanigans is half the battle, the other half is trying to figure out wtf to do about it.

Fighting him so many times has developed what I call the "AZ Greg effect". After fighting him I find 99% of Vegas online easy to beat. But yeah he is GAF's best example of what you can accomplish if you actually LEARN YOUR FUCKING CHARACTER.

Sblargh

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
re: fukiage

I land that shit all the time as aa these days. Jumping in on Makoto at 12 or 11 o'clock unless you have her knocked down and can safe jump fukiage is a bad habit to get into. You're pretty much taking your own life in your hands because she can aa juggle you for a ton of damage and stun (or reset you into a 50/50 ultra setup after the first fukiage with f.lk or j.hp) and there's a decent chance that you'll end up knocked down in the corner, and if you guess wrong once after that point, she's gonna stun you.

Makoto's defense once she's knocked down is pretty shit, but her aa game is really, really good. She's sorta like Dhalsim in that she has a ton of situational aa's, depending on the distance and angle you're jumping in at. But what makes her aa's really good is that, most of the time, they leave her in a position to dash in with frame advantage and force you to make a split second guess about what she's gonna do next and which side she's gonna do it from.

Thanks! She has nice tools, I'll try to take learn better how to react with the right buttons.
I don't really have a problem with people just jumping in, sometimes I s.mp when I should be c.mk and I'm probably missing some Fukiage opportunities.

As her knockdown, yeah, I'll just have to learn that when that happens, my best option is to block and get out.

V_Arnold

Solid_Rain said:
How is Daigo getting away with those focus attacks.

It is a 50/50 choice:
-You try to jump away, it catches him in mid-air (as Dhalshim)
-You try to teleport, he guesses right, he dashes, punishes.

Imho, that is the reason why he is in trouble in that situation.

V_Arnold said:
It is a 50/50 choice:
-You try to jump away, it catches him in mid-air (as Dhalshim)
-You try to teleport, he guesses right, he dashes, punishes.

Imho, that is the reason why he is in trouble in that situation.

Even so Daigo has been using it all the time when he has him the corner almost as if he doesn't care if he misses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom