• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vexvegaz

any tips on how to slow the game down a bit? i find myself getting too excited during the match and pressing buttons sooner than i should be.

i envy those who are able to keep cool and relaxed during battles, i wish i had your patience. :(

USD

Great match. Daigo went from hella free to Beast mode halfway through. If that wasn't a double KO...

Tomorrow, same Bat time, same Bat channel(s): Sako VS Makoto.

Alucrid

Banned
Nostalgic Nightmare said:
Wow, I really have to pick this game up. I just wish I could find the TE stick for 360 for $100.

I think someone is the B/S/T thread had one up for $80 shipped. Could have got one from the Madcatz promo for Evo too.

Edit: Whoooooooa, beaten by three minutes.

Wait, what did I just miss with Daigo?

Nostalgic Nightmare said:
Wow, I really have to pick this game up. I just wish I could find the TE stick for 360 for $100.

you could have last weekend, there was a sale. Always check the FG news blogs for when big events and tournaments go down, because Madcatz often have sales then.

btw, the Juri movie is floating around if you know where to look

Thanks guys, I PMed the guy in the B/S/T thread. I know I literally missed the sale by one day, and even sent them an email at the madcatz store to see if I could still redeem the code. No reply. :( ah well maybe sometime soon I'll get lucky.

Hugbot

viewtiful_dru said:
btw, the Juri movie is floating around if you know where to look
What Juri video now?

Oh that anime~ thing. The one with SF4 was horrible, is this one supposed to be better?

hitsugi

I honestly didn't even think it was going to end up that close between Daigo and Mochi after the first 5-6 games.. but yeah, a bit more than halfway through he really went nuts.

Not the outcome I wanted at all though. There are a couple of vids of Sako fighting Daigo's Ken and Guile, but come on. Not one of Ryu vs Cammy and a FT10 would have been nuts.

Oh well D: I guess it's a match that will never happen.

Threi

notag
was taking a look at the frame data of different chars, I am actually surprised at how much of deejay's normals are unsafe on block (a couple are unsafe on HIT). I need to test in training mode because I don't believe some of this stuff.

Gyrian

11uyhqq.jpg

So, what’s this?
Over the past week, endless battles haven a backseat at PSN GAF.
We’ve been having a blast with SSFIV’s tournament mode, which provides a flow that better accommodates more than 4 players.

With more people than we could fit in a session, some of us started to wonder if we could gather up at a pre-set time, run something slightly bigger, and hell, maybe even come up with a little prize to have a tangible reward.

Format
Let’s try something small and simple first, see how it flows.
It will be a 16 player tourney, run as two standard SSFIV tournament modes where the winners of each will face off for a final game.
The player distribution in these pools will likely be randomized (ha, who are we kidding, I'll be fighting floyd in my qualifiers).

Rules
Again, nothing too complex. GAF SSFIV norms apply as usual.
No trolling, please. Staying with one character through the tourney would be best, I feel, but I’m open to your thoughts on this.
Show up late, and you will likely be disqualified. Another GAFer may take your place if we have the numbers. Get up for a bathroom break during your turn, and your round(s) will be forfeited in the form of your opponent destroying you for free.

Fights will be 3 round, 99 sec.
We may want to switch to 5 round since we blast through tourneys pretty quickly, and it will give players a chance to better react to their opponents.

What's at stake?
We’ve got a few ideas for the Grand Prize.
gibration has kindly offered to purchase a $20 PSN card for it.
I’ve got a couple of little things to add as well; I will post an update once it’s settled.

Second prize is salt. Lots of it.

Where and when?
This coming Sunday, the 18th, at 7PM CST.
The usual suspects already hang out at the chat, but for anyone else that isn’t there yet and would like to, let us know and we’ll throw an invite your way.

Help Wanted
One thing that I can’t provide myself which would be great to have is footage of the matches.
If anyone would like to volunteer their capture card and process / post them, it would be fantastic.
I’ll worry about saving the replay theater files of the tourney as it plays out.

Signing Up
Easy, post here, or let me know via PM / PSN PM.

Depending on the response this generates, I’ll either be playing or simply hosting.
Everyone on GAF chat when I was in last night gets a reservation by default, just let me know if that can make it.

Final roster will be posted here once we have it.

Please do not sign up for this unless you’re sure confident you will make the time to be there.
Claiming a spot just to get first dibs is unfair to other players who would otherwise turn up, but not without having a seat.

Hopefully, we can turn this into a bi-monthly (or weekly even?) event. :]

Your feedback on any of this is more than welcome, help me make this the best that we can while keeping it simple, quick, and fun.

Massive thank yous to gibration, floyd, panda, saini, seph, edge, PSN GAF, and everyone else that’s given ideas, support, and consistently great online fights.
I <3 you, and you continue to make this game insanely fun to play.

micrometaru.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom