• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

AkumaHokoru said:
Anime Juri is broken. capcom nerfed juri based off the anime.

her standing mk stopped a missile. she took chun out of action for the whole anime with a standing hk put guile down with a standing mk and beat cammy with a standing mp also fse made her much much faster.
I thought they said they were going to bring this stateside. Still waiting on that. Has someone just gone and subbed it yet?

Papercuts

fired zero bullets in the orphanage.
On a lighter note, on the topic of:

Pandaman said:
360P: free oil with jab and medium, free mixup with fierce, has strong ex unoiled range and stronger oiled normal and ex range that can setup some unique mixup opportunities. it tends to whiff on crouched opponents when unoiled and always whiffs on stunned dudley. SERIOUSLY?!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cjcYjNIeoHE

Fuck you, Capcom. D:

Corky said:
hey thats awesome, I always wanted to pick dudley but refrained since I heard he is an executionheavy character :(

One day....one day...
He's actually got easy execution since most of his combos are the same thing with different openers/endings. He's just a deficient character matchup-wise.

Pandaman said:
good stuff gods beard, 32 to go!

???

explodet

Papercuts said:
HAHAHA oh man I can relate.

After maining Hakan, landing Zangief's and T. Hawk's 360s were a total breeze. Honda's still gives me a little trouble but I usually stick with headbutts and smashes anyway.

After so much time with the other characters I've lost a bit of my oil groove. I whiffed a U2 only to have a Ken perform his U1 on me... and he still got oiled up. That made my night even after a ton of losses.

Leunam

Ah, finally figured out what happened with Juicebox.

Pretty fucked up on his part and I've lost quite a bit of respect for him. That's two Abel players I don't care for much now. :lol

ShinNL

MarkMan said:
Just drop the Juicebox snitch discussion.

It doesn't need more discussion on the net. And no, I'm not telling anyone about it.
I respect you not spreading it yourself but telling it to drop isn't really fair to the rest who only get to read half of the info. I'm not against more (closing) information. We can all make judgments for ourselves.

Edit: To avoid a bump I'm editing my own post before I get lynched by certain groups.
Juicebox accuses someone of leaking a build of SSF4 early and breaking NDA, AZ community gets mad. Combo videos were made, risking the job of some guy named Dr. Dogg. AZ community then acts childish towards Juicebox. Clearly someone in the AZ community leaked stuff (and maybe Juicebox is right). Seems like most of the angry folks at AZ had leaked builds. Most conclusions taken from this thread (not sure how long that will last). Apparently the hitbox data torrent is part of this story. Don't quote me and bring this to a new page!!!!! I hope you appreciate this extra info.

XenoRaven

Soneet said:
I respect you not spreading it yourself but telling it to drop isn't really fair to the rest who only get to read half of the info. I'm not against more (closing) information. We can all make judgments for ourselves.
It's not magically your business just because you know half the story now.

Leunam

Soneet said:

I'd be willing to bet we'd all make the same judgment.

Threi said:
DeeJay/Dudley 2.5-7.5 in DeeJay's favor?

I know DeeJay can kinda zone but wow :lol

Most characters with a good zoning game seem to shut down Dudley since his game revolves around spacing and punishment. Controlling space well pretty much kills any game he might have.

XenoRaven

hitsugi said:
there's also no point in saying I know what's up but omg don't ask me I'm not telling.
There is when one of your friends is being mocked and laughed at by an entire community because they think he was mad over an "Ultra dance".

No one has a "right" to this information. If someone decides to put it out there, great. If no one does, let it go. I'm pretty sure if all you wanted to do was just play fighting games for money, you wouldn't want your dirty laundry aired over the entire internet. Maybe try giving the people involved the same courtesy.

Leunam

Kadey, if you've got my name down for the random select PSN tournament, count me out. September is going to be a busy month for me and I likely won't have much time to participate.

Threi said:
DeeJay/Dudley 2.5-7.5 in DeeJay's favor?

I know DeeJay can kinda zone but wow :lol
Well that's just my average of the characters I put up. Deejay's a little easier to handle than Guile, but not by much.

Pandaman said:
i did something similair with sakura and hakan, so gaf just needs to get the other 32 characters in and we'd have our own damn strategy guide. :D

I guess I could do one for Fei or Dhalsim, My Ibuki's got too many holes.

XenoRaven said:
There is when one of your friends is being mocked and laughed at by an entire community because they think he was mad over an "Ultra dance".

No one has a "right" to this information. If someone decides to put it out there, great. If no one does, let it go. I'm pretty sure if all you wanted to do was just play fighting games for money, you wouldn't want your dirty laundry aired over the entire internet. Maybe try giving the people involved the same courtesy.

after the whole scumbag stuff on the stream, I saw the topic on srk where people asked "what did he say to juicebox?" juicebox was willing to play the victim and act like nothing happened prior to the whole incident.

I think that's all you really need to know. Ironically, your first sentence is probably the best criticism of Juicebox, outside of him being a snitch or not. I'm with Leunam on this one. I don't really care for him anymore.

hitsugi

XenoRaven said:

I'm pretty sure anyone can go to SRK and find out real quick that it had nothing to do with the "ultra dance".

you missed my point, and that's ok. no need to continue talking about the scenario or who has what details because that's the kind of shit that just keeps it alive.

Threi

notag
this topic is going on too long but my two cents is if they don't want to talk about what juicebox said or did behind the scenes then they shouldn't expect people not to give him the benefit of the doubt.

If you get mad that people like him then either say why people shouldn't like him (which is a douchebaggy thing to do tbh) or shut up about the incident (and i don't mean "oh hes a snitch but i wont say why", I mean not bringing it up period). Why should people dislike him from bits and pieces of secondhand information?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Art paved the way on how to beat Daigo. :D I can always beat Daigo too. My Ryu > his.

Looks like Sako is taking this. The Japanese haven't really adapted to Cammy I supposed. Even Sanford would make most of them look free. Sako looks to be the favorite for EVO Japan too if he decides to go.

Imm0rt4l

this whole snitch thing probably shouldn't have even made it to srk.

I don't understand why adon was looked as being a crappy character prior to gamerbee taking the fgc by storm. I've always though Adon was pretty damn good. Wasn't Daigo supposed to have a tutorial of adon along with some other top players with the new characters? Was that in the footage that was stolen a few months back? Was that footage even recovered?

Can I respectfully request that anyone who wants to discuss the juicebox crap take it out of this topic and go to PMs or some chat/Instant Messaging so we don't muck this thread up with nonsense? Please?

That out of the way, a "GAF Strategizes Super" sounds like an awesome idea. A lot of the places that DO have character info and strats are either sparse or update slower than a snail with "slow" cast on it wading through molasses against a wind turbine. I also wouldn't mind filling out some Guy, Ibuki or Dan info, myself. :D

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Leunam said:
Kadey, if you've got my name down for the random select PSN tournament, count me out. September is going to be a busy month for me and I likely won't have much time to participate.

It's alright. I'm not taking any names until I get everything finalized and all prizes are with me.

Would GAF be interested in some kind of bi-weekly tournament thing with points and such, top three at the end of the year gets something?

USD

Screwing around in training mode for the first time in months. Wish I had known about Tsurugi > U1 a long time ago, such a piss-easy hit-confirmable Ultra setup.

TriniTrin

war of titties grampa
Kadey said:
It's alright. I'm not taking any names until I get everything finalized and all prizes are with me.

Would GAF be interested in some kind of bi-weekly tournament thing with points and such, top three at the end of the year gets something?

top twenty so i have a shot! :lol

I would enter every tourney possible, I Must Get BETTAR!

Kadey said:

Year... maybe every month with a weekly? End of year just seems so far off, lol.

Imm0rt4l said:
I don't understand why adon was looked as being a crappy character prior to gamerbee taking the fgc by storm. I've always though Adon was pretty damn good. Wasn't Daigo supposed to have a tutorial of adon along with some other top players with the new characters? Was that in the footage that was stolen a few months back? Was that footage even recovered?

The stolen footage was something separate.

I think Daigo using Adon was a part of a tutorial/exhibition video with other Japanese players. Momochi was also using Makoto, so interpret that however you wish when it comes to character viability.

MiniBossBattle said:
Did Timedog predict EVO? I just remember him saying that Marn and Justin were not going to win it.

His rant about J.wong not training is appropriate looking back at it all.

hitsugi

Kadey said:
Looks like Sako is taking this. The Japanese haven't really adapted to Cammy I supposed. Even Sanford would make most of them look free. Sako looks to be the favorite for EVO Japan too if he decides to go.

Unfortunately, Sako hasn't entered a tournament (in person) in about 6 years now.. given that he's turned down invites to attend Gods Garden, I don't know what the chances are of him showing up for EVO Japan.

If he does take out Makoto and Mochi, he may feel more inspired to go. But basically -

1. Sako lives in the middle of nowhere
2. He also works a lot

As for how the Japanese are adapting to Cammy, etc.. it's not like he's taking people out for free. Being a better player is being a better player, and Sako is fucking good.

His Viper, Akuma, Seth, Ibuki, and Chun are all crazy; but I think he quit the first three after vanilla.. and just plays Chun for c.fierce -> lightning leg chains.

schennmu said:
Something for my fellow Dudley players. This guy "Onehandedterror" is pretty good with Dudley and has a nice online series with good commentary. Probably been posted before, but I just found this and good Duds material is kind of rare:

http://www.youtube.com/user/OneHandedTerror#p/c/4D751B4E64DDBD1A/0/iQNcXmebxQI

OHT ditched Chun for Duds......release the hounds XenoRaven!! :D

hitsugi said:
As for how the Japanese are adapting to Cammy, etc.. it's not like he's taking people out for free. Being a better player is being a better player, and Sako is fucking good.

the only time I saw Sako lose was when he lost to a GAFer's Blanka :lol

Procarbine

Forever Platinum
Kadey said:

Getting my ass handed to me in a public forum sounds like the perfect way to improve, count me in.

Kadey said:

This would be awesome, and to the extent I can help in any way, please let me know!

:)

eissan

Kadey said:

OMG if you do that I'd be even willing to pay a entry fee! that would be sooo awesome~!!!

Rocwell

Kadey said:

GAFBATS™ sound like fun to me :D
BotoxAgent said:
Nah he used chun at EVO and went like 3-2.

hitsugi

BotoxAgent said:

the only time I saw Sako lose was when he lost to a GAFer's Blanka :lol

well... what do you expect? a GAF blanka player is a pretty legendary thing to behold.

Hugbot

I'd love to see a weekly GAF smackdown with monthly/yearly winners. Hell, I'd even participate once I get set up for PS3 (and get blown the fuck up).

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Kadey, GAF Ranbats is a great idea. I really wish I could participate; I think I'm the only one in this thread that hasn't played a minute of Super yet :lol (combo of school + not having my consoles in my apartment)

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Imm0rt4l said:
I would record some matches of floydnova beating my ass, but I don't have my capture device on hand x_x.
fricken floyd, he's too good.

i hakan'd his dudley once last night but sadly didnt get to save it. ;_;
then came saltbel.

cHaotix8

Dudley has a lot of 4-6 matchups. The only 7-3 ones I would say are Honda, Chun, Rog, Bison, Dhalsim and Guile. Zangief really isn't as bad as most think it is. I'd say 4.5.5.5 in Giefs favor and 4-6 at the worst.

I feel that a lot of Dudley's most damaging combos are pretty difficult execution wise because of shortcuts. If this was the 3rd strike engine it would be easier but it's hard to go from standing jab to standing roundhouse xx jet upper without getting lame shortcut mgb.

Dudley is a very powerful character up close but I feel that I have to work so much harder to get my wins. I've been perfected one round, perfected the guy in another, and barely pulled off a victory in the final one. He's just really hard to do well with consistently without having God level footsie skills.

XenoRaven

@Botox: He still uses Chun. I have no problem if he wants to have a little Dudley on the side. >_>

@Kadey: black_vegeta sent me this message over Live to give to you. "If you could tell Kadey that I'm in for GAF ranbat please. Lurker status blows."

I'd be interested in it too, for the record.

Imm0rt4l

Pandaman said:
fricken floyd, he's too good.

i hakan'd his dudley once last night but sadly didnt get to save it. ;_;
then came saltbel.
who did he lose to that made him bring out saltbel? I wish I could have joined but kept getting errors.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom