• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I figured Mago would beat Sako. Right now Mago is undefeated and Mochi is winless but the funny thing is that Mochi's easiest match ups might be Mago's toughest opponents(Momochi and Daigo). But man Mago is really on another level compared to the last GGO tournament. I think his Fei is finally on par with his vanilla Sagat(minus the brokeness of the character itself). The damage he gets from st. MP, chicken wing, st. HP, DP, FADC, Chicken wing is just ridiculous. How much damage does that do anyways? I tried it but I just can't link the st. HP after MK Chicken wing. The timing is a pain in the ass.

Rice-Eater said:
I figured Mago would beat Sako. Right now Mago is undefeated and Mochi is winless but the funny thing is that Mochi's easiest match ups might be Mago's toughest opponents(Momochi and Daigo). But man Mago is really on another level compared to the last GGO tournament. I think his Fei is finally on par with his vanilla Sagat(minus the brokeness of the character itself). The damage he gets from st. MP, chicken wing, st. HP, DP, FADC, Chicken wing is just ridiculous. How much damage does that do anyways? I tried it but I just can't link the st. HP after MK Chicken wing. The timing is a pain in the ass.

Yeah, Mago just further solidified that he's one of Japan's best. In vanilla, people would knock his skills just cuz he mained Sagat. His Fei is crazy good. Once AE releases and the arcade scene flourishes again.....man, Japan is just gonna be beast.

In terms of matchups, it does really feel like rock paper scissors sometimes....and the matchup ratios really play out pretty accurately in Japan.

USD

Rice-Eater said:
It's HK CW that he uses. st.MP xx HK CW is character-specific (I know it doesn't work on Ryu, probably all shotos). The combo does 472, 436 if the last hit of the second CW whiffs (which it does on Cammy).

hitsugi

Rice-Eater said:
How much damage does that do anyways? I tried it but I just can't link the st. HP after MK Chicken wing. The timing is a pain in the ass.
It's HK chicken wing and im pretty sure its also character specific to link s.MP into HK chicken

..damn, beaten.

h3ro

Grifter said:
Does SF4 do any surround sound effects? Setting up my home theatre and prioritizing games. :lol

Focus attacks do this cool swooping surround effect when launched.

Vanilla played Indestructible through the fronts and rears... :(

A lot of Art's matches were close. Gamerbee/Art matches were intense! But he did a great job pulling through to place 4th.

Mike Ross/Momochi fight was exciting as well.

Ross reaaaaally needs to learn to lame it out. That fight was his.

I really didn't think Gamerbee would pull through all the way, but he did.

I can't wait to see how the Sako performs in the West Coast Tourney.
They have a lot of strong players that didn't show up for this tourney.

I really wish Mago was coming as well.
Does WC have a strong Feilong?

I think Daigo's going to pick up someone new...everyone just knows too much about Ryu.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
h3ro said:

Indestructible certainly gave me something in the fronts and rears.

Grifter

h3ro said:

That will make me use focus even more. Would be cool if hurricane moves like Cody's and tatsus created the swoop, and moves like Dudley U1 alternated double left/double right.

Grifter said:
That will make me use focus even more. Would be cool if hurricane moves like Cody's and tatsus created the swoop, and moves like Dudley U1 alternated double left/double right.
Well the game is probably developed with stereo arcade systems in mind but it would be so awesome if they thought more about surround setups.

As far as gaming recommendations for your home theater goes, GET DEAD SPACE.

Grifter

_dementia said:
Well the game is probably developed with stereo arcade systems in mind but it would be so awesome if they thought more about surround setups.

As far as gaming recommendations for your home theater goes, GET DEAD SPACE.
With the age-range and budget of most gamers, I wouldn't invest in proper surround either. Dead Space sounds cool, should I just wait for the sequel? Anything else good in surround that isn't an FPS?

h3ro

Grifter said:
With the age-range and budget of most gamers, I wouldn't invest in proper surround either. Dead Space sounds cool, should I just wait for the sequel? Anything else good in surround that isn't an FPS?

Dead Space on PS3 in DTS is gdlk. Uncharted I/II and FFXIII sounded damn good too (also all DTS compatible).

Grifter

Only have a 360 but Uncharted sounds like a trip. I'm headed down the home theatre slippery slope so a blu-ray player is due up. GAF chat is tempting. :lol

I'll go back into Modern Warfare 2 and GTA4 to see how they perform.

SSFIV uses all surround speakers, but not it's not a true separated surround mix. It's still stereo mix.

You should hear God of War 3 in surround sound glory....so fuckin epic!!

I'm convinced Bison has a serious advantage against Viper and Fuerte.

Just took my horrible bison online and beat a godlike Fuerte and Viper, 18K and 20k pp, after taking a month + off the game. Rusty as hell mang.

And I lost to the computer :lol

the_log_ride said:
What's Bison got that has this matchup in his favor over C.Viper?
I seriously kept mashing s.HK/j.HP/j.HK or s.MK and stuffed every move of hers. And when she tried focus backdashing I just so happened to start up the lk.lk.lk.lk scissor pressure

Lost one round to fuerte because of the RSF 8x and belly flop crossup guessing game on knockdown, but next round I'd just slide into scissors or PC, caught him most of the time. And teleport on knockdown. Beat him handily after that.

and I'm HORRIBLE

LakeEarth

Ever try to teach a lesson online? I faced off against a 200 point guy, obvious Ryu newbie and I wasn't going to actually try against him. He began with the standard XBL opening of jump back, fireball fireball fireball fireball, etc. I just kept absorbing it until half my bar was white and I had ultra, and then immediately ultra'd (soulless) through it. Later on that very same round, I ultra'd through his fireballs again. I'm screaming at the TV screen "LEARN!!!". The second around he random ultra fireball'd, and I just shook my head and did it a third time.

Hopefully he clued in on the concept of fireball invincibility, rather than the more likely event of saying "FUCK THIS GAME" and giving up.

LakeEarth said:
Ever try to teach a lesson online? I faced off against a 200 point guy, obvious Ryu newbie and I wasn't going to actually try against him. He began with the standard XBL opening of jump back, fireball fireball fireball fireball, etc. I just kept absorbing it until half my bar was white and I had ultra, and then immediately ultra'd (soulless) through it. Later on that very same round, I ultra'd through his fireballs again. I'm screaming at the TV screen "LEARN!!!". The second around he random ultra fireball'd, and I just shook my head and did it a third time.

Hopefully he clued in on the concept of fireball invincibility, rather than the more likely event of saying "FUCK THIS GAME" and giving up.
hey man you may have just ruined some six year old's day

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
LakeEarth said:
rather than the more likely event of saying "FUCK THIS GAME" and giving up.

I say that everytime I play the game online. But that's probably because I play Cody.

TheSeks said:
I say that everytime I play the game online. But that's probably because I play Cody.
I wonder what would happen if you played Makoto.

marathonfool said:
I once played a little kid that started crying over the mic and told me to stop.

I made sure it was quick.
As bad as this post sounds, it's even worse out of context. D:

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
the_log_ride said:
What's Bison got that has this matchup in his favor over C.Viper?

Godlike normals and his pressure is hard for her to escape from, basically. Game's pretty much over once he gets her in the corner. He can just throw things out with relatively low risk.

Joekage

TheSeks said:

I feel your pain. :( Nah, it's cool to play Cody online. You have to try so much harder on the defensive side that it helps your game alot, by allowing you to learn how to block and tech correctly which IMO is one of the most important parts of this game. I still have a long way to go in that regard but I've gotten tons better in that aspect. Also, since online is reversal happy, be lenient with your frame traps against players who like to throw it out a bunch. Gets me blown up quite a few times..

Also chaotix is mad cause he's FRRRRRAAAYYY to my Cody ^_^. <3

Also thanks Solune, preciate the props. <3

cHaotix8

I think I want to money match Mike too. I'll do 30 bucks first to 3.

Actually, you too Joe, same rules. Maxx I'll take your money too if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom