• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Cute.

2i79yk4.jpg

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
LakeEarth said:
Ever try to teach a lesson online? I faced off against a 200 point guy, obvious Ryu newbie and I wasn't going to actually try against him. He began with the standard XBL opening of jump back, fireball fireball fireball fireball, etc. I just kept absorbing it until half my bar was white and I had ultra, and then immediately ultra'd (soulless) through it. Later on that very same round, I ultra'd through his fireballs again. I'm screaming at the TV screen "LEARN!!!". The second around he random ultra fireball'd, and I just shook my head and did it a third time.

Hopefully he clued in on the concept of fireball invincibility, rather than the more likely event of saying "FUCK THIS GAME" and giving up.

Some people just don't get it and don't care about learning how to properly play.

I was using T. Hawk in a random Endless Battle match. The other player was Akuma. He did the same thing you described above, but throw in lots of air fireballs too. I would just walk under them or crouch to avoid the air spam and then grab him. Over and over again. He then switched to a run-away attack and tried teleporting to the other side of the screen, then resuming his endless fireball attacks. It didn't matter and I would just keep getting in close and grabbing him. He then sent me a hate mail along the lines of "u f*g u scrub t hawk is a f*g scrub character." :lol

Last night I was playing Tekken 6 for a bit using Asuka, and a guy I played did nothing but punches. I countered him every single time, for all three rounds. Came across him again and he did the same "strategy" again. MASH MASH MASH MASH.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_dementia said:
Yeah. Some people out there say with a simple tweak or two she'd be omega god tier, but as it stands now SHE ESS.

Cody wouldn't be too bad if the game wasn't projectile spam orientated (see: J Wong or whatever his name with HADOKEN! HADOKEN! HADOKEN! Evo matches) and had a means to get in. Sure, he has Bingo/sliding/blah blah blah, but that's all timing and all the opponent has to do is punish/get you back out of range and go back to spamming.

It's so damn annoying. Getting in is generally the issue. After that Cody is pretty good.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
LakeEarth said:
Ever try to teach a lesson online? I faced off against a 200 point guy, obvious Ryu newbie and I wasn't going to actually try against him. He began with the standard XBL opening of jump back, fireball fireball fireball fireball, etc. I just kept absorbing it until half my bar was white and I had ultra, and then immediately ultra'd (soulless) through it. Later on that very same round, I ultra'd through his fireballs again. I'm screaming at the TV screen "LEARN!!!". The second around he random ultra fireball'd, and I just shook my head and did it a third time.

Hopefully he clued in on the concept of fireball invincibility, rather than the more likely event of saying "FUCK THIS GAME" and giving up.
I felt like I was teaching that particular trick to a bunch of people just tonight! Or they were just clumsily letting me get away with it. One guy beat me after and messaged saying "Flowchart YAWN! Lame ass ultra only works once!"

It doesn't matter though, that first Soulless hit (ding!) is so satisfying. When you're almost fullscreen it never looks like it should hit... but it does.

Joekage

cHaotix8 said:
I think I want to money match Mike too. I'll do 30 bucks first to 3.

Actually, you too Joe, same rules. Maxx I'll take your money too if you want.
Consider it done! Look forward to it.

:lol :lol :lol

Fucking Panda, i just watched that video you posted about Floyd.

the ending to the last fight made me lol hard......i bet Floyd's controller went through the wall at that moment......:lol

chriskun

LakeEarth said:

These people definitely need to get their lives in order, hes probably even had sex!

MIMIC

Banned
I have a new found appreciation for people who can beat you over and over and over (but don't throw you a million times =P) I played this one Bison that was pretty good. His name was Doctor Brooklyn (iirc) and had exactly 10K BP (which I thought was kinda funny). After not being able to beat him the first 5 or 6 times, I realized that I had to up my level (and basically do things that I wouldn't ordinarily do). The games went like this:

Overall (me-him): 8-13
Fuerte-Bison: 4-12
Fuerte-Guile: 3-1
Blanka-Bison: 1-0 :lol (my Blanka is so average)

Too lazy to upload any of the videos though -_-

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah I used to love doing that with Makoto's U2, back when I actually used it. Got quite a few hatemails for that.

Nowadays I troll shotos by getting the life lead and letting them throw fireballs from the other side of the screen until they realize they're running out of time, then AA U1 when they jump at me.

Axis

Joekage said:
I feel your pain. :( Nah, it's cool to play Cody online. You have to try so much harder on the defensive side that it helps your game alot, by allowing you to learn how to block and tech correctly which IMO is one of the most important parts of this game. I still have a long way to go in that regard but I've gotten tons better in that aspect. Also, since online is reversal happy, be lenient with your frame traps against players who like to throw it out a bunch. Gets me blown up quite a few times..

Also chaotix is mad cause he's FRRRRRAAAYYY to my Cody ^_^. <3

Also thanks Solune, preciate the props. <3

get blow up joe

SmokeMaxX

I'll let Mike know Joe.
cHaotix8 said:
I think I want to money match Mike too. I'll do 30 bucks first to 3.

Actually, you too Joe, same rules. Maxx I'll take your money too if you want.
Yo, you don't want to mess with me. But I'll consider it. I can pick whoever I want right?

I really like Adon. If they fixed his wakeup time, I'd feel much less of an asshole for picking him. As it stands though, he's the character I mesh with the best.

USD

Since people keep missing the GGO#2 matches (live), I'll post the match information early and re-post a few times throughout the week to remind everyone.

This week's matches (subject to change):

Saturday
5 AM EDT - Mago VS Momochi
8 AM EDT - Umehara VS Uryo

Sunday
6:30 AM EDT - YHC Mochi VS Momochi
9:30 AM EDT - Sako VS Momochi

CURRENT RANKS:

Code:
Mago:	3-0
Sako:	2-1
Daigo: 	1-1
Momochi:1-1
Uryo:	1-2
Mochi:	0-3

Mago VS Momochi will be a key match. If Mago takes it, he puts himself in a good position to take the whole thing. However, Momochi beat Mago 3-1 in the qualifiers, so it will be interesting how it goes down in a FT10.

MIMIC said:
I have a new found appreciation for people who can beat you over and over and over (but don't throw you a million times =P) I played this one Bison that was pretty good. His name was Doctor Brooklyn (iirc) and had exactly 10K BP (which I thought was kinda funny). After not being able to beat him the first 5 or 6 times, I realized that I had to up my level (and basically do things that I wouldn't ordinarily do). The games went like this:

Overall (me-him): 8-13
Fuerte-Bison: 4-12
Fuerte-Guile: 3-1
Blanka-Bison: 1-0 :lol (my Blanka is so average)

Too lazy to upload any of the videos though -_-

I fought Doctor Brooklyn before. He had a good bison. He did a nice job of hiding his charge so I remember dealing with a lot of unsuspected scissor kicks and pc's, kept me on my toes. But I forgot what the score was.

hitsugi

USD said:
Mago VS Momochi will be a key match. If Mago takes it, he puts himself in a good position to take the whole thing. However, Momochi beat Mago 3-1 in the qualifiers, so it will be interesting how it goes down in a FT10.

Gives Mago a lot more time to adapt to wake up tricks.

Axis

man, shout outs to art for placing 4th at sb:r...real good shit there. sucks about the super at the end vs gamerbee tho. =/

was that c.fp->super in the 5v5 as deflating as it seemed? that would ruin my fucking day lol

Maybe this has been happening for a while and I just happened to notice now, but man did I ever run into a ton of Gouken's looking to do back throw into Ultra last night. They just about outnumbered the continual fierce DP Kens. I don't find Gouken that scary usually, but the continual threat of a super easy way to knock off 30% of my health keeps me on my toes.

On the plus side learning Vega has been fun. I've never used a charge character before, so my combos are pretty trash. Which I think has actually helped me, without having any BnB combos down I just rely on Vega's really good normals, I think half the matches that I've won I've done 50% of my damage just poking with cr. MP. Still really struggling with AA though, even with AZ Greg's really helpful post on dealing with jump-ins / cross-ups.

GatorBait said:
Random question:

Did anyone here trade-in their copy of SF4 to Gamestop when they purchased SSF4? If so, how much credit did you get?
I don't know. Amazon will give you $6.00 for Vanilla though, and that's bound to be better.

MrMephistoX

Cloudius12 said:
IIRC when reading post from when SSFIV was released, people were getting only $3-$5 for trade-ins at GS. I decided to keep my copy.

Yeah might as well keep it for potential collector's value later on down the road at that rate.

Cloudius12 said:
IIRC when reading post from when SSFIV was released, people were getting only $3-$5 for trade-ins at GS. I decided to keep my copy.
This is further proof of gamestop's bullshit. there was a capcom mandated order for a trade in special where if you brought in a copy of 4 super was only 20 (seth himself announced the deal) gamestop did it for exactly 1 day and only some stores did it...fucking gamestop.

(I keep forgetting gaf is more PC than other places I associate with)

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
Any good Chun tutorials out there?

chun li srk board is actually pretty good...if they'd condense everything into one thread :(

otherwise, what do you need help with? i might not be able to play very well but i know all of her matchups and combos and all that jazz

First Neogaf post here. I'm a Vega/Abel/Ibuki player who is somewhere in between a scrub and someone who's got the fundamentals figured out. It's that awkward area where I don't wake up reversal every time, but I manage to over think and lose to wake up reversal every time. Would appreciate some matches with some of the fine PSN crew out there if you'll have me.

Do you accept me, fighting-gaf?

PSN: BlewHedgehog if you'd like to add me. Thanks!

BlewHedgehog said:
First Neogaf post here. I'm a Vega/Abel/Ibuki player who is somewhere in between a scrub and someone who's got the fundamentals figured out. It's that awkward area where I don't wake up reversal every time, but I manage to over think and lose to wake up reversal every time. Would appreciate some matches with some of the fine PSN crew out there if you'll have me.

Hi, where are you located? East/west coast? Most PSN GAF members are range from West and there is alot more on the Central-East coast with the exception of a few members, but i think it tend to be tolerable. I should someone can send you an invite to PSN GAF chat sometime this week since I wont be able to atm.

GatorBait

BlewHedgehog said:

I think I am probably a comparable skill level as you. I'll add you next time I am online. I'm on the east coast and available to play most nights from around 5pm to whenever. Where are you located?

I think I am probably a comparable skill level as you. I'll add you next time I am online. I'm on the east coast and available to play most nights from around 5pm to whenever. Where are you located?

Hi, where are you located? East/west coast? Most PSN GAF members are range from West and there is alot more on the Central-East coast with the exception of a few members, but i think it tend to be tolerable. I should someone can send you an invite to PSN GAF chat sometime this week since I wont be able to atm.

Thanks for the replies. I'm in AZ, so west coast would definitely be preferable. Hopefully we can still get some decent matches in, GatorBait

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom