• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

Solid_Rain said:
Come on was this really necessary to post. In whatever context Daigo was called a bitch and this kind of reaction was definitely expected, it's a bit naive to think it wasn't. At the end of the day a top player who is idolised by many has been seen to be openly disrespected and of course people aren't going to like it and I would expect exactly the same reaction by US fans if the situation was reversed.
You really expect something like this to happen if Justin Wong was in this situation? Get real. These guys need to get thicker skins.

That 3rd Strike video created tons of annoying Daigo fans who won't shut up anytime their idol is besmirched. It's so annoying. Daigo is a big boy, I'm sure he can defend himself.

Solid_Rain said:
Come on was this really necessary to post. In whatever context Daigo was called a bitch and this kind of reaction was definitely expected, it's a bit naive to think it wasn't. At the end of the day a top player who is idolised by many has been seen to be openly disrespected and of course people aren't going to like it and I would expect exactly the same reaction by US fans if the situation was reversed.

I felt like trolling and have it translated in google Earth, babelfish or whatever they're using to make sense of our English back and forth.

And last year, I was a little upset about how Daigo was "treated" @ Evo 2K9 but have come to realize emotions run high in the American fighting game community, and it DOES mean a lot to win a series or match against a Japanese player, since their fighting-game community is considered superior to ours in skill (because of the nature of how they play games). Emotions run high in the moment. I am not excusing any unprofessional ism. And I personally think Marn is pretty unprofessional. And it's obvious when you hear Justin Wong on a stream say, the thoughts and opinions of Martin Phan in no way reflect the beliefs and opinions of EG Games.

I'm sure none mean anything by their celebration and excitement. Nor do they hate the Japanese. Or think Daigo is a female dog.

It was unprofessional of whoever to grab the mic and direct the comment at Daigo (especially since they weren't the ones who beat him, which makes them live-event monsters).

But the comments Art is posting are endemic to nameless message-boards. The Internet already gives people a certain bravado and demeanor since whomever they're responding to is faceless and not directly in front of them.

Also, if you followed Art's trip to Japan in 09, he discussed all of the Japanese trolling on 2ch. He was called the Gorilla Zaco Niga Rapist (and they had a ludicrous illustration). Like seriously!! I'm black, so some racist jerk is sharing his close-minded, racist opinions instead of welcoming a stranger from a foreign land who wants to partake in their culture and interact with their fighting-game community.

So the things Art is posting isn't anything new and is not a result of what happened with Daigo. These "trolling" feelings were there before (if you want proof, go seek out his thread on SRK). You look on this forum/SRK and there is nothing but respect and reverence for Japan's fighting-game community and players. So much so, that we pay to fly them here, ask them for their autographs, view their streams and youtube videos.

So run and tell that, Homeboy.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Yeah. So I was like, I wasn't going to play the game but then Art came on here and I started laughing at all the typical Art hate. I had to capture a match for some people so I was waiting and doing some training with Bison and Viper.
Four Wude wanted to play me. Fubar's buddy down in Texas (yeah the same Texas owning the Yanks :lol). So I played a couple of matches with him to pass time and he was basically just beating up on me because instead of being patience, I kept trying to attack him during blockstrings and ended up wiffing a ton of stuff and getting punished badly. I underestimated how fast he does his ultra so I kept getting hit by that now and then. He had to leave. Probably went to tell his buddies that he played me and then I'm a scrub. Guys these days.
Then a few other people invited me to a team thing and one crybaby left because everybody was being cheap by excessively doing combos on him that he called "unblockable." So we played a bunch more matches and I was still basically waiting to capture some matches. I wanted to go running too but at this point I got too lazy and was like nah. Every now and then I kept getting a call asking whether I should do lunch tomorrow and do some Friday night event thing. I said yes. It's going to be awesome. :D
Seks came out of nowhere and I had to ditch the other people. I used Bison first since I was in a mood to use him today. I beat him twice and then got bored and started using half of the cast and stuff. Seks was using Cody the whole time and was basically godlike. I kept getting hit by 10 hit combos and ultras from every angle and he even stabbed me a bunch of times. So like during all this, I ended up using Bruce Lee and went for Ultra 2. I didn't remember how to do it so I asked Kuma and he was not home. When he did tell me it was all late and I used it half a dozen times and didn't land one single one. :lol Kuma was like I wasn't home. Anyway, it was over 20 matches or so. Sorry Joe but Seks > Saber or is it Sabre? Same thing right?
Phillies are winning. Yay!
Art, we need to talk. Dun dun dun. Don't tell your girlfriend. She might like take it the wrong way. Not trying to get into a fight.
Forget all that drama yo. Community! About to go Queen Latifah all up in this bitch. U N I T Y.

Wait. When did I say anything about playing Proto in BB? Fuck that game. :lol It's all about Super. I only play Super.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
Solid_Rain said:

the difference is, in america when we say something at least we back itup with our identities whereas japanese post anonymously and say anything behind a pc; im not scared to stand by what i said, whereas in japan they wont say anything to your face and post it online anonymously afterwards lol. Anerican equivalent of this would be eventhubs.com lol. Yeah, I called Daigo a bitch but I explained why I felt he was like that and attached my name to my words. Even if Im right or wrong in what I said, you cant say the same thing about a lot of Japanese community (nameless posters)

That being said, I like Japan and their fighting game community, its really strong obviously...but the posts make me lol. Theyre good at ganging up on ppl like 100 to one if anything. I dont truly take offense to it but I realize that its just in their nature if anything.

Either way, Evo Japan and Gamerbee beating Momochi made things quite...interesting to say the least. I cant wait until 2011! but the japanese will have advantage in ssf4 im afraid with arcade release.

Kadey, aww, you are hella drunk. Like god damn. lol. Also btw you dont have to tell people to lay off me. Before the days of streams Ive been taunted, dissed 1000x worse than you could possibly imagine. Im vocal but I have a pretty tough skin.

Ill probably post something on here and then paste it on my twitter later tonight in a drunk stupor after Valle/Gamerbee lol. For some reason I cant post on 2ch from here but they follow my twitter.

Satyamdas said:
This thread the last few pages (courtesy of Art's 2ch link):

/i /{/'⌒'}  }}Y/ / ,r-、ヽ,  /
 ノ、|、ヾ_,,ノ  ノ ノ{ ヾ {^')) }フ/ /          _/
   \ヽ、    彡'`、、  'ー' ノ //",,゙ """ /    ヽ
 ヽ-、ミ‐-、、 、,r=‐'¬ー=、、,-‐'_ ヽ、    /ノ     / 『味』 ウ・  こ
 ミ/   ~          ̄ノ /\   /彡 ""  |/   だ  ソ・  の
  /   ,'    u ∪   ! ヽ  | i、゙ー''"彡     /|   ぜ   を・  味
  、、∪ / ノ /  _,,,...-‐‐ニ=,ノ,,/ ヽ、,,_ \   ,イ / |    :  つ・  は
  ニ、=!, l_. レr=-ニ二、,,,.-'"    ー、==-ヽ'"/ / ヽ   :  い・
  、(・,)>ノ⌒  ∠,(・,)_く  ゙`   ヽ゚ノ`ー=、_ /// ∠   :  て・
    ̄/""゙   ヽ ̄ ̄  \ヽ      ̄ ̄ //   ノ     る・
  u 〈  、     u   (ヽ          //     ̄ノ
    ヽ -'   lj     >、       //  /    ̄ヽ、
    /ヽー‐ 、      /'"´ 'i     //  /       ∨ヽ/
    ^゙"⌒ヾ、     ,i|  ,"__}    //  /  /
    ー-  -      ヽ_人`'′ //  /  /
               / i'゙' /-─‐‐''/_/_
   、         _/-‐ヽ、___,,,, -‐‐  ̄
   ー-、、,,__,-‐'//ノゝノ ノ  ヽ\
Jojo's Bizarre Adventure?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
nycfurby said:
Ill probably post something on here and then paste it on my twitter later tonight in a drunk stupor after Valle/Gamerbee lol. For some reason I cant post on 2ch from here but they follow my twitter.

They ban foreign IPs IIRC. You could probably post there if you find a JP proxy or something.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
zlatko said:
Cocaine is a helluva drug. :lol

Now you know how much I suck. An adderall Kadey can beat my ass. :lol

Kadey said:
So like during all this, I ended up using Bruce Lee and went for Ultra 2.

I was wondering why you were using Ultra 2. I think you were hoping to catch me with it. But as soon as I saw the spin I'm like "Yeah, nope." (Sit there until you return to "ready")

72472_442034288726_370637133726_5306380_768479_n.jpg

He knew all along...

nycfurby said:
"Again Sabin shows he can't speak English, he thinks using the term "rice eater" is supposed to offend us lolll" <- the guy doesn't realize you were replying to a post by RiceEater.

:lol

Hey Japan, if you're reading this he was responding to me. That's my username, I'm Asian and I eat a lot of rice just like you guys.

Threi

notag
god i hate stream chats so much.

stream monster 1: stream is laggy
stream monster 2: stream is laggy fix your fucking computer you f*gs
stream monster 3-50: LAGGGGGGGGGGGGG
stream monster 51: it's fine for me get a new computer lawlz

*edit*

It has come to my attention that there was a bet going on over the outcome of a baseball game.

Just thought I would want to bring that up, no particular reason.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Threi said:
god i hate stream chats so much.

stream monster 1: stream is laggy
stream monster 2: stream is laggy fix your fucking computer you f*gs
stream monster 3-50: LAGGGGGGGGGGGGG
stream monster 51: it's fine for me get a new computer lawlz

That's why if you're running the stream, mute the chatroom.

USD

Threi said:
ok where is this idea that justin.tv doesn't allow non-us viewers come from?
After 1000 viewers, international viewers get kicked (so I've heard), which is why you never see any of the major streams on justin.tv.

DR2K

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
i still LOL at the people who said Adon was low tier b4 the game came out

I lol at the people saying Makoto was low tier before it came out as well.

Why the fuck were they right!?:lol

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
DR2K said:
I lol at the people saying Makoto was low tier before it came out as well.

Why the fuck were they right!?:lol
No Adon was super obviously good, All safe specials except for RJ, Useful Ultras for all situations, great damage output... i had no doubt he'd come out fine out of the new chars.

anyways, from my minor experience, I think Ryu's Ultra2 is good vs JagKicks on reaction.

kitzkozan

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i still LOL at the people who said Adon was low tier b4 the game came out

Gamerbee is the best Adon I have ever seen... :lol He's freaking godlike and quite frankly,he could be on the level of Daigo,Sako or Mago if he lived in Japan.His capacity to adapt is more or less on par with Daigo and the overall skillset is up there.It's amazing that he's been playing for 20 years without been known.I can just imagine if high speed internet came along 10 years earlier.The guy became this good just by mostly playing online against japanese player...

That being said,Adon suffered from the same curse as Fei Long for a long time: career low tier character. :p Fei long started as a mediocre character in vanilla and It's quite normal that many expected Adon to end up low tier as well if not bottom of the barrel.

cHaotix8 said:
No, it messes up a lot of other characters setups and is blatantly unfair.
Isn't a lot of other things along this same line though? I mean, ryu has a ton of options that outweigh the advantages Adon has doesn't it? I'm speaking just from observation of pros, as I'm terrible at the game myself. It just seems like gamerbee is besting him and playing a smarter, more patient match.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom