• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
abstract alien said:
Isn't a lot of other things along this same line though? I mean, ryu has a ton of options that outweigh the advantages Adon has doesn't it? I'm speaking just from observation of pros, as I'm terrible at the game myself. It just seems like gamerbee is besting him and playing a smarter, more patient match.

Adon blows up Shoto's. This match up is in his favor. But Gamerbee is also very beastly, which is why he won the FT10 so easily.

kitzkozan

Rice-Eater said:
Adon blows up Shoto's. This match up is in his favor. But Gamerbee is also very beastly, which is why he won the FT10 so easily.

Gamerbee made him look like a random scrub.

Valle can't beat Wong,so he can't hang with Gamerbee. :lol

The bad thing that will come out if this: look at all those stream monsters hopping on the Bee train. :p All of a sudden he's the best in the world. :lol Although I will expect to see the guy at every major tournament. :p

Crazy rumor: Gamerbee is supposed to be 33 years old.

LakeEarth said:
Come on, almost every round in those 12 games, Valle screwed up his safe jump. Kept giving Gamerbee free anti-airs.
Shouldn't he have just, you know, did something else then instead of repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome? :lol

Rice-Eater said:
He does seem like a nice anti shoto character if you play him correctly. It just seemed like Valle kept repeating things that weren't working such as the hurricane escape and fireballs at certain distances. It looked like he made it worse than what it could be...but Gamerbee seems to get better each time I've seen him since Evo. The dude is evolving, and fast.

kitzkozan said:
Damn, and I thought I was doing ok since I turn 30 this friday and people think I'm 24-25. He has me beat by a country mile :lol

LakeEarth

abstract alien said:
Shouldn't he have just, you know, did something else then instead of repeating the same thing and expecting a different outcome? :lol
He was clearly trying to adjust, there were some instances where Valle adjusted and got some meaties. Still, Adon's early wakeup is a huge advantage at the high levels.

jman2050

LakeEarth said:
Perfecting safe jump timing is really hard, I'm sure shaking off 2 years of timing on the spot is not easy to do.

Like I said, if the safe jumps weren't working, then try something else. If Ryu doesn't have anything else when just chalk it up to a bad matchup and do the best with the techniques that work.

kitzkozan said:

Gamerbee is 31

abstract alien said:
He does seem like a nice anti shoto character if you play him correctly. It just seemed like Valle kept repeating things that weren't working such as the hurricane escape and fireballs at certain distances. It looked like he made it worse than what it could be...but Gamerbee seems to get better each time I've seen him since Evo. The dude is evolving, and fast.

Adon can practically jaguar kick for free against Ryu. He doesn't have any kind of human torpedo type move to keep Adon honest outside of footsie range. All he can do is fireball, which Adon players can react to. Even the very best Ryu player(Daigo) can hardly DP those things. Which gives you a idea about how frustrating this match can be for Ryu.

Adon seems to have plenty of tools for somebody who was once considered low tier. Frame traps, safe specials, quick wake up, DP, FADC, Ultra, Ultra that shuts down fireballs. But what I hate most about the guy is you can't focus him at all. Two specials armor break, and st. HK does 2 hits and pretty good damage.

Gamerbee is definitely a beast, but at the same time I don't think his potential was realized till he picked up Adon. The guy has been playing since vanilla, he started with Akuma. I don't think he would be where he is today if he stuck with Akuma.

Rice-Eater said:
Adon can practically jaguar kick for free against Ryu. He doesn't have any kind of human torpedo type move to keep Adon honest outside of footsie range. All he can do is fireball, which Adon players can react to. Even the very best Ryu player(Daigo) can hardly DP those things. Which gives you a idea about how frustrating this match can be for Ryu.

Adon seems to have plenty of tools for somebody who was once considered low tier. Frame traps, safe specials, quick wake up, DP, FADC, Ultra, Ultra that shuts down fireballs. But what I hate most about the guy is you can't focus him at all. Two specials armor break, and st. HK does 2 hits and pretty good damage.

Gamerbee is definitely a beast, but at the same time I don't think his potential was realized till he picked up Adon. The guy has been playing since vanilla, he started with Akuma. I don't think he would be where he is today if he stuck with Akuma.
With all the respect in the world for Gamerbee, Akuma seems like a high risk/high reward character. His offensive options are pretty crazy from my perspective, but I'll be damned if you aren't completely screwed once you are hit with a tourny level combo. Every time I see an akuma player go, its all great until they take the first hit...then its just like a downward spiral for the rest of the round. I remember seeing Daigo play akuma and gouken a few rounds and being completely baffled at the shit he did, but I'm not even sure who he was playing against. Is he just not worth it due to his damage and dizzy stun? At that level, one mistake is already a sin, so having someone with low health and stamina is like a deadly double.

kitzkozan

Rice-Eater said:
Gamerbee is 31

Perhaps,but there's a difference between vanilla and super...

The possibility to play some of the top players from Japan which wasn't there in vanilla.After december,I don't expect to see Mago,Daigo or any other top player online so Gamerbee will have to fly over in Japan to keep leveling up (Sako will possibly be the only monster left,but even he's starting to come in the US).

It's going to be very hard for Gamerbee to keep leveling up ( he's so much better than he was at EVO ),so I expect to see Japan level up like crazy and crush both him and US players at EVO Japan.

Although the US is leveling up,it's simply retarding the inevitable.Japan will once again dominate with the release of the arcade edition.

_Xenon_

Banned
Adon is plain broken, simple as that. I'm not saying Gamerbee is not good but the reason why he's bodying everybody all over the world is mainly because he's using Adon instead of he's outplaying the others.

I'm not sure why people act like faster wake-up is no big deal but for most characters especially shotos safe jump-in is mostly the only way to get their mix-up game on, and Rufus is pretty much screwed.

entrement said:
He's Asian.

:lol

I don't understand it, but I get the same reactions. I told my new co-workers I was 27 and all 5 of them were stunned. I was hearing numbers from 18-20. To me I think I look my age, but like I said, I get a lot of people saying I look much younger then that.

Solune

Rice-Eater said:

I don't understand it, but I get the same reactions. I told my new co-workers I was 27 and all 5 of them were stunned. I was hearing numbers from 18-20. To me I think I look my age, but like I said, I get a lot of people saying I look much younger then that.

The inverse is funny as well with those 2ch posters thinking Arturo is 35 :lol

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah the wakeup thing is dumb, and jag kick is probably a little too good. Otherwise, Adon doesn't seem like an exceptionally powerful character.

There are other characters that wakeup faster than usual too, btw. Just not as fast as Adon. Sagat and Blanka to name a few.

_Xenon_ said:
Adon is plain broken, simple as that. I'm not saying Gamerbee is not good but the reason why he's bodying everybody all over the world is mainly because he's using Adon instead of he's outplaying the others.

I'm not sure why people act like faster wake-up is no big deal but for most characters especially shotos safe jump-in is mostly the only way to get their mix-up game on, and Rufus is pretty much screwed.
I don't think anyone is saying it isn't a big deal, but more like its something that just needs to be taken into consideration when dealing with adon. I mean, there are all sorts of match ups where you need to adjust and certain moves and tactics aren't generally viable. Again, just speaking from a spectator viewpoint, although I do understand how the littlest things make a huge difference on a tourny level field.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Rice-Eater said:

Asians age the best when we're younger. Seems like after we hit 50 or so, it's a rapid downhill. Gamerbee looks super young until you see him right up close, then 31 isn't unbelievable. He does look very good for 31 though.

This Asian age thing was a minor problem for me. A few patients when I first started med school thought I looked like a high schooler. I've become more grizzled since then with all the pressure though :lol

hitsugi

Rice-Eater said:

last I saw, Daigo more or less demolished Gamerbee.. neutral jumps.

hitsugi said:
last I saw, Daigo more or less demolished Gamerbee.. neutral jumps.

Yeah, I tried that shit to, it didn't work out for me. Either Daigo has monstrous reactions or he was able to read Gamerbee. Regardless of which one it is, that's just something the rest of us(including Valle from the looks of it) can't do. So we sit there and eat chip damage all day till we get too frustrated and then do stupid things and lose.

It's not unwinnable by any means, it's just hard for Ryu/Shoto's. I'd say only Dhalsim is harder for Shoto's.

_Xenon_

Banned
And Jag kick needs some nerf as well. At the moment it's -3/-1/-1 on block, which means the only way to punish it is 360/720/Akuma super/Chun mk super ... and it can be done in mid-air. They should have made it as punishable as fei long's lp rekka (-4) or as punishable as Juri's dive kick (in my dream, I know).

Acid08

Banned
No one says shit about Adon until someone actually starts winning with him and now all of a sudden he's totally broken and needs nerfs. GG internet.

_Xenon_

Banned
Acid08 said:
No one says shit about Adon until someone actually starts winning with him and now all of a sudden he's totally broken and needs nerfs. GG internet.
According to the loketest result he IS nerfed. That should mean something right?

Satyamdas

Banned
_Xenon_ said:

Fucking LOL. Thanks for providing me with the biggest laugh of my day. That you are able to watch Gamerbee's matches and conclude that he IS NOT OUTPLAYING others is a feat of cognitive dissonance so impressive all I can do is :bow to it's greatness. Good job.

And boooo fucking hoooo for poor Rufus.

kitzkozan

Acid08 said:

It's always the same thing. :D

Right now,lot of people probably don't believe that Honda,Bison,Guile,Chun,Balrog are the best characters in the game.It's very arguable as well,but the AE will give us a good indication.

My guess is that the top tier are weak and thus numerous mid characters can win tournaments.Even so,a couple of tournament win from charge characters and you will hear plenty of complaints (charge characters crazy broken,charge characters need to be destroyed for the survival of the game,etc).

Same thing happened when people saw Sagat dominate in Japan (I remember some scrubs asking for Sagat to be banned). :lol

_Xenon_ said:

Ryu is plain broken, simple as that. I'm not saying Diago is not good, but the reason he constantly wins is because he's using RYU instead of outplaying others......

If you want to play a game based on skill and not match-up base, don't play SF, play Virtua fighter instead. SSFIV is fine, unlike that broken mess know as BlazBlue.

I don't know what you guys were watching. All I saw was Valle getting anti-air'd every round trying to get a free (non-safe) jump in on Adon. Even the commentators talked about how Valle was testing Gamerbee in the early matches and promptly continued to jump into rising jaguars the rest of the set.

Daigo plays Gamerbee differently than Valle. I think it was just Gamerbee play much better than Valle.

Lmao, watching this again and damn, why the hell does Valle keep jumping? :lol :lol :lol

If there are three things Ive learned about this match up its:

*Do not jump randomly against a lingering Adon.

*Do not Hurricane Escape, especially when adon has a loaded ultra.

*Do not try to bum rush him once he is knocked down unless you are completely confident in what will happen.

_Xenon_ said:

:lol You truly do live up to your tag considering Valle himself gave credit to the player rather than the character after their match.

ShinobiFist said:
Ryu is plain broken, simple as that. I'm not saying Diago is not good, but the reason he constantly wins is because he's using RYU instead of outplaying others......

This isn't much of a parody because Xenon complains about fireball spamming Ryu as well.

kitzkozan

ShinobiFist said:

If you want to play a game based on skill and not match-up base, don't play SF, play Virtua fighter instead. SSFIV is fine, unlike that broken mess know as BlazBlue.

I don't follow BB or it's scene at all,but I was under the impression that CS rebalanced the game for the better? How can BB still be broken?

Then again,Arc system created that insane Hokuto no Ken game. :lol One of the craziest and broken FG ever made,perfectly illustrated by this match. :lol :lol

Joekage

Since Kadey says it, I have to believe it. Seks is better than Sabre, I'll be coming for you then ^_^.

Also, lol at gamerbee blowing valle up. FRRRAAAYY

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom