• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
_Xenon_ said:
Adon is plain broken, simple as that. I'm not saying Gamerbee is not good but the reason why he's bodying everybody all over the world is mainly because he's using Adon instead of he's outplaying the others.

I'm not sure why people act like faster wake-up is no big deal but for most characters especially shotos safe jump-in is mostly the only way to get their mix-up game on, and Rufus is pretty much screwed.
Lol, I wholeheartedly disagree. Gamerbee worked hard to take full advantage of adon's tools.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_Xenon_ said:
And Jag kick needs some nerf as well. At the moment it's -3/-1/-1 on block, which means the only way to punish it is 360/720/Akuma super/Chun mk super ... and it can be done in mid-air. They should have made it as punishable as fei long's lp rekka (-4) or as punishable as Juri's dive kick (in my dream, I know).

You do that you get shitty A2 Adon. Adon's fine.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
USD said:
There's a Third Strike Kuroda exhibition running right now, Kuroda on 2P with a 24-game win streak right now:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/versus-live2
I dunno if any of you guys were watching that, but Kuroda got to 44 wins before being beaten by a Makoto (thought to be Boss)?
Some guy was yelling "43 WINS I CALL IT! YANG IS GOING TO LOSE NOW!" :lol Unlucky.

Was getting pretty sick of Yang by the end of it, but it was cool. Not so much looking forward to him in AE, but makes me want 3S Online even more.

Kimosabae

Banned
ShinobiFist said:
Ryu is plain broken, simple as that. I'm not saying Diago is not good, but the reason he constantly wins is because he's using RYU instead of outplaying others......

If you want to play a game based on skill and not match-up base, don't play SF, play Virtua fighter instead. SSFIV is fine, unlike that broken mess know as BlazBlue.

Yeah, unfortunately, you don't know half as much about fighting games as you do about hip hop.

People are still saying Ryu is broken?? I truly hope this is sarcasm.

USD

USD said:
Fell asleep during the levelup stream, so watching what I missed. Gamerbee free to Viper?
OK, watched the second LainySky/Gamerbee match. When Viper gets her offense going, she can absolutely crush Adon. Nice that stand roundhouse totally stuffs Jaguar Tooth. Lainy got blown up though, Gamerbee made some adjustments from the first match and Lainy got screwed over by some execution errors.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I also fell asleep right before the GamerBee-Valle FT10, and I've been watching it right now for the last 22 minutes, and honestly I'm not surprised with the way it's been going, GamerBee is a rush-down monster with Adon, my kind of play style that I can't get enough of. Love it.

Sad to just read that Adon got toned down in the AE location tests as I play him myself - come on man, that was unnecessary - he's got the frame-traps, safe specials, anti-fireball status but come on - just bring everyone else UP like they said they would before Super.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
_Xenon_ said:
According to the loketest result he IS nerfed. That should mean something right?
WTF??

Capcom nerfed a BUNCh of characters for no good reason, means nothing.

Adon is not broken, Gamerbee winning does'nt mean anything is broken, He did'nt win SB for free he put put in losers and almost got eliminated a couple of times. Adon does'nt win for free, he's not even Vanilla Sagat status.

PhatSaqs

Banned
I think people need to stop looking at Adons quicker wake up as part of his toolset. That shit is broken. Many people didnt even realize he had it until Evo. I was telling people during the JWong match that it was different and they thought I was crazy.

I think they should maybe reverse the focus properties of Jag Kick as well. As it is, only Air JK is focusable and he's a focus break monster as it is. Characters without DPs are kinda screwed in dealing with it on the ground and even those with it have to have damn good reaction to it. Increasing the recovery frames on block is somethong im not a fan.

Kimosabae said:
Yeah, unfortunately, you don't know half as much about fighting games as you do about hip hop.

lol I used to think that too before I started to realise the players who used him weren't very good oh and not jumping always helps. And because he is so common online, when you face a decent one you know exactly what to expect and can adjust better than most of the other match ups.

Axis

Joekage said:
Since Kadey says it, I have to believe it. Seks is better than Sabre, I'll be coming for you then ^_^.

Also, lol at gamerbee blowing valle up. FRRRAAAYY

good ft20 last night fucker :p

PhatSaqs said:
I think people need to stop looking at Adons quicker wake up as part of his toolset. That shit is broken. Many people didnt even realize he had it until Evo. I was telling people during the JWong match that it was different and they thought I was crazy.

I think they should maybe reverse the focus properties of Jag Kick as well. As it is, only Air JK is focusable and he's a focus break monster as it is. Characters without DPs are kinda screwed in dealing with it on the ground and even those with it have to have damn good reaction to it. Increasing the recovery frames on block is somethong im not a fan.

i don't know if it works for everyone with an IOH or a quick, good priority air move...but i've found that IOH j.rh with chun works really well for dealing with jag kick pressure, even when well spaced...not sure if guy or rose have something like that but it's possible to deal with it that way if they do

PhatSaqs said:

At a charity tournament I remember Adon's fast wakeup surprising my opponent, allowing me to get a free grab. I was totally rocking the troll face.

I ended up losing the match, lol

~Devil Trigger~

PhatSaqs said:

god i disagree, outside of RH the guy barely has any footsies, focusable Jagkick would kill the agressive nature of the character completely. Hell i think Capcom should've approach Makoto the same way and give Axekick armor break= property the same as Jagkick.

Its not fun eating a random focus get crumpled and lose half your life, specially low Health characters like them.

cHaotix8

~Devil Trigger~ said:
WTF??

Capcom nerfed a BUNCh of characters for no good reason, means nothing.

Adon is not broken, Gamerbee winning does'nt mean anything is broken, He did'nt win SB for free he put put in losers and almost got eliminated a couple of times. Adon does'nt win for free, he's not even Vanilla Sagat status.

Adon already falls faster than everyone else in the cast (All of his juggles except for one with dudley are 1 framers). Couple that with a faster wakeup and a DP and he pretty much can get up for free.

hitsugi

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Its not fun eating a random focus get crumpled and lose half your life, specially low Health characters like them.

and people would eat them all fucking day long as Adon if you could just spam focus against jag kicks.

sorry saqs but that'd be kind of a brain-dead way of handling the match.

USD

~Devil Trigger~ said:
god i disagree, outside of RH the guy barely has any footsies, focusable Jagkick would kill the agressive nature of the character completely. Hell i think Capcom should've approach Makoto the same way and give Axekick armor break= property the same as Jagkick.

Yeah, Tsurugi in my opinion should definitely be armor break. Either that or always an overhead (god mode = it's both :lol). I think Capcom has this thing about air specials being either though. If an air special is overhead, it's usually only on EX. And the only air armor breakers I can readily think of are Condor Dive and Juri's dive kick.

well look at honda, he's at the top of that tier list, but look at his bad matchups -

Chun, Ryu, Guile, Sagat, Seth, Dhalsim

Those some top tier motherfuckers, and popular to boot.

Honda players don't win tournaments for free, they just have a fairer shot against most of the cast than other characters.

I just hope he doesn't lose his damage, he does a ton but people should know jab/EX hb is godlike anti air and not to let him get in close. Cause what can he do at range? nothing.

Random headbutts, lol.

Brobzoid said:
oh jeez, I get one pro Adon player and now he's cheap. ;_;

he is frustrating to fight because so many of his moves are so safe on block. If you don't have a 2 frame jab or a 3 frame punish you don't get to do much on block against him.

Once he gets you in that rushdown it's very hard to get out. Fortunately honda has some good answers for his stuff :)

LakeEarth

SonOfABeep said:
well look at honda, he's at the top of that tier list, but look at his bad matchups -

Chun, Ryu, Guile, Sagat, Seth, Dhalsim

Those some top tier motherfuckers, and popular to boot.
There are some 5/5's in that tier list that are so not in Honda's favour, like Fei Long.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
SonOfABeep said:
he is frustrating to fight because so many of his moves are so safe on block. If you don't have a 2 frame jab or a 3 frame punish you don't get to do much on block against him.

Once he gets you in that rushdown it's very hard to get out. Fortunately honda has some good answers for his stuff :)
It's hard to get in though! Don't take my tools away ;(

Kimosabae

Banned
So much complaining. I wish people had the maturity to just wait and see how people deal with Adon. So what if his wakeup throws off your mix up game? Find other places to mix him up, maybe?

This is game is still so new its not even funny.

PhatSaqs

Banned
hitsugi said:
and people would eat them all fucking day long as Adon if you could just spam focus against jag kicks.

sorry saqs but that'd be kind of a brain-dead way of handling the match.
Adon players would just have to mix in more Air JKs *shrug*. Making it crazy punishable on block is certainly not an answer IMO.

_Xenon_

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
god i disagree, outside of RH the guy barely has any footsies, focusable Jagkick would kill the agressive nature of the character completely.
WOW. If feilong / cammy / bison can live with it why can't Adon? His Jagkick is already safer and faster than rekkas / cammy arrow so how is it killing his nature by making it focusable? Seriously people today just want a safe move that can be spammed over and over instead of putting more efforts on footsies and spacing.
DryEyeRelief said:
This isn't much of a parody because Xenon complains about fireball spamming Ryu as well.
o_O did I say that? One of my main is blanka so why should I worry about fireball spamming scrubs?

USD

_Xenon_ said:
WOW. If feilong / cammy / bison can live with it why can't Adon? His Jagkick is already safer and faster than rekkas / cammy arrow so how is it killing his nature by making it focusable? Seriously people today just want a safe move that can be spammed over and over instead of putting more efforts on footsies and spacing.
Comparing apples and oranges here. Rekkas and Spiral Arrow are much faster than Jaguar Kick. Rekkas are focus punishable with a good read and proper timing, but when in range, crouch jab cancelled into Rekka counters that. Cammy has cr.MK > Arrow. Assuming you're talking about Bison's scissor kick, it's two hits and a natural focus break unless poorly spaced.

cHaotix8

SonOfABeep said:
I just hope he doesn't lose his damage, he does a ton but people should know jab/EX hb is godlike anti air and not to let him get in close. Cause what can he do at range? nothing.

That's part of the problem. Honda also has a lot of REALLY good jump ins that not all of the cast can anti air. Then again, I don't think Honda is TOO bad, just needs a slight damage nerf.

Kimosabae said:
So much complaining. I wish people had the maturity to just wait and see how people deal with Adon. So what if his wakeup throws off your mix up game? Find other places to mix him up, maybe?

Dudley's mixup game is on wakeup. Hell, the majority of the casts mixup starts with a knockdown.

Axis

cHaotix8 said:
That's part of the problem. Honda also has a lot of REALLY good jump ins that not all of the cast can anti air. Then again, I don't think Honda is TOO bad, just needs a slight damage nerf.

Dudley's mixup game is on wakeup. Hell, the majority of the casts mixup starts with a knockdown.

no, hondas damage output is retarded...eating jab->hands->jab->hands all day is NOT fun when playing a beastly honda and he does stupid fucking chip even if you block it...it's absolutely ridiculous. also, j.mp beats everything....EVERYTHING

i won't even get into jab->hands->jab->hands->super doing 60-70% of my 900 health :(

i don't have too much to complain about other than his damage output...maybe a slight nerf to ex headbutt as it's probably the best AA in the game, period...just my 2 cents tho

Kimosabae said:

:lol Son, did you read who i quoted? I guess not. Homeboy stated the only reason Gamerbee wins is because of the character he use's, not because he "outplays" others. And thats why I mention the Ryu/Diago statement. And apparently you didn't read my finishing statement homie. And trust me, I've been part of this fighting game scene longer than most of you TE sticks virgins homie. Been competing in VF and GG for years fam, kill that noise. And once again, no one is saying Ryu is broken, next time I'll use "Bold" font for my comments so you could see them easier.

~Devil Trigger~

_Xenon_ said:

Bison's technically has 2 armor breaking specials, Scissor kicks are 2 hits(right spacing), safe on block, and knock down, what does he have to live with again???... Fei got insane footies normals and Rekkas are far faster and leads to knock down. i dont think i need say anything about Cammy.

Jagkick is not an impossible move to deal with, you act like there's NO answers for it

_Xenon_

Banned
USD said:
Comparing apples and oranges here. Rekkas and Spiral Arrow are much faster than Jaguar Kick. Rekkas are focus punishable with a good read and proper timing, but when in range, crouch jab cancelled into Rekka counters that. Cammy has cr.MK > Arrow. Assuming you're talking about Bison's scissor kick, it's two hits and a natural focus break unless poorly spaced.
Rekka and SA are faster only if they are close, and they are dead punishable if blocked close enough. Besides being fast, jagkick can be airborne, which makes it even tricker to deal with. And who would dumb enough to do focus if it's in the jab range? Everybody's jab x 2 or jab cancel into whatever breaks armor.

At the moment the problem of Adon's offensive game is he can push enemy into corner with MUCH less effort. All he does is:
1. get in
2. cr.jab x2, cr.strong
3. Blocked? jagkick. Hit? jag knee
4. repeat step 2

He may have a problem at the first step (get in) but it's highly arguable (fast jump, fast walk speed, st.rh). Plus his buggy wake up he's pretty much broken in this game.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
um lol at people saying gamerbee needs to go to japan to each daigo or mago or sako level. last i checked gamerbee won while daigo got 25th place. even if I didnt choke, its still gamerbee 4th to daigo 25th place.:lol:

This is part of the reason why I'm happy Japan didnt win. Theyre a mecca of fighting games of course, but other people can play too!

Also..adon is not broken in any way shape or form. Gamerbee is broken, thats pretty much it. The character has quite a few weaknesses which Gamerbee still works around.

Like:

Jaguar Kick is -2 on block from a distance. Which means if he doesnt DP, you can simply use your 3f normal to bully him post JK. If he does it meaty...its -3. Which means you can SPD/command grab him.

Adon gets raped by charge characters. 95% of the ppl that play charge characters dont know the Adon matchup. That's not gamerbees fault, at all. Walking back owns this fool, its not Gamerbees fault they dont wanna block on wakeup real talk.

For example, Adon cant even DP fadc safely on Balrog without eating his 3f jabs after fadc (which forces him to DP.) Rog can even interrupt dp fadc dp with EX rush punch...it will absorb the followup completely. You should try it. it doesnt help that gamerbee has a good boxer to play against...but at the same time ppl keep rush punching into his neutral jumps

besides charge characters ibuki gives adon hell as well. she can evade/avoid/flat out beat a lot of adons setups. but only nerdjosh knows the matchup lol. Cammy gives Adon real problems too

Adon DP also has some weaknesses in the fact that you can walk back on it and it will whiff if hes trying to force the issue.

I still dont think Adon is anywhere above mid. Gamerbee is just that good. People still refuse to learn the matchup. Mike Ross at least can counterpick this fool. Maybe next time I get to play Gamerbee I wont drop combos..yeah right.

Axis

_Xenon_ said:
Rekka and SA are faster only if they are close, and they are dead punishable if blocked close enough. Besides being fast, jagkick can be airborne, which makes it even tricker to deal with. And who would dumb enough to do focus if it's in the jab range? Everybody's jab x 2 or jab cancel into whatever breaks armor.

At the moment the problem of Adon's offensive game is he can push enemy into corner with MUCH less effort. All he does is:
1. get in
2. cr.jab x2, cr.strong
4. repeat step 2

He may have a problem at the first step (get in) but it's highly arguable (fast jump, fast walk speed, st.rh). Plus his buggy wake up he's pretty much broken in this game.

...what the fuck are you going on about? adon is NOT broken...everything he has can be countered. the fact he wakes up 3 frames faster is the only fucked up thing he has. wanna stop him from getting in? learn to play footsies and learn to counter jaguar kick with whatever char you use and punish him when he whiffs jaguar kicks as most adons can't space them out for shit...you want to punish someone who actually spent a lot of time learning the character? you can pressure adon...he's not some defensive wall you need to stay away from...he's not zangief...get over yourself

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Bison's technically has 2 armor breaking specials, Scissor kicks are 2 hits(right spacing), safe on block, and knock down, what does he have to live with again???... Fei got insane footies normals and Rekkas are far faster and leads to knock down. i dont think i need say anything about Cammy.

Jagkick is not an impossible move to deal with, you act like there's NO answers for it

You forgot to mention Bison's cross up PC, but yeah, you nailed it.

nycfurby

One more thing I forgot to mention.
Adons wakeup while annoying, can be worked around.
Its extremely weak to certain crossup setups (for example with shoto, try to throw Adon, then safejump crossup tatsu. 9 out of 10 times the DP will not autocorrect and Adon gets tagged.
Gief can also use this as well after green glove in a lot of situations.
Viper can use low BK on Adon wakeup to make his DP whiff as well..but she has other problems in the matchup.

People shouldnt complain that Adon is broken when they dont know the matchup. Ty to play him and youll see his weaknesses.

_Xenon_

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:

1. People still use well spaced focus to deal with scissor kick in tournement.
2. All of those 3 moves don't do much damage while Jagkick does 130 at the moment (163 on CH).
3. Being able to land a techable knock down isn't much of an advantage.

I'm not saying there's NO answer to it. But most of the 'answers' aren't that efficient.

Axis

nycfurby said:
One more thing I forgot to mention.
Adons wakeup while annoying, can be worked around.
Its extremely weak to certain crossup setups (for example with shoto, try to throw Adon, then safejump crossup tatsu. 9 out of 10 times the DP will not autocorrect and Adon gets tagged.
Gief can also use this as well after green glove in a lot of situations.
Viper can use low BK on Adon wakeup to make his DP whiff as well..but she has other problems in the matchup.

People shouldnt complain that Adon is broken when they dont know the matchup. Ty to play him and youll see his weaknesses.

the plus is he's also grabbable out of the startup frames of his DP if you read it correctly...so that should help a little as well

USD

_Xenon_ said:

1. get in
2. cr.jab x2, cr.strong
4. repeat step 2

Rekka is always faster (the slowest is 10 frames). Any smart Fei is spacing out Rekkas properly so that they're either unpunishable or very hard-to-punish, and if the opponent mistimes the FA, you get a free counter hit. Fei's crouch jab also has a significantly longer range than most jabs, so jab-cancel into Rekka is viable.

At cr.MK, Cammy's Arrow is certainly faster. Beyond that, you're going for safe arrows anyway.
_Xenon_ said:
1. People still use well spaced focus to deal with scissor kick in tournement.
2. All of those 3 moves don't do much damage while Jagkick does 130 at the moment (163 on CH).
3. Being able to land a techable knock down isn't much of an advantage.

I'm not saying there's NO answer to it. But most of the 'answers' aren't that efficient.
1. Then that's the Bison's fault.
2. Full Rekka does more damage. If you're Bison, you're using LK Scissors anyway, which is safe on block. For its range, Spiral Arrow (except HK) shouldn't be doing more damage.

nycfurby

Axis said:
the plus is he's also grabbable out of the startup frames of his DP if you read it correctly...so that should help a little as well

only out of lk dp. you cant grab the rh one afaik

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom