• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
interesting stuff on the honda/dudley and general honda stuff.

He probably does need a damage nerf but he also needs better options against Ryu, Chun, Sagat, and most importantly dhalsim.

None of his anti airs can trade or connect with dhalsim. A dhalsim that throws yoga fire has so many options to stop him from getting in as it approaches.

Hey art is that 1frame invincibility against fireballs on headbutts practical? I never see honda players using it because the timing is so situational and strict. It seems like a neutral jump fierce nudge or just blocking it (cause seriously what's some fireball chip to honda with his HP) is a better option.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
I finally uploaded my Season's Beatings photos if anybody's interested. http://www.protocolsnow.com/2010/10/21/seasons-beatings-v-photo-gallery/

I tried to post only highlight photos, which means I trashed a ton of those ordinary photos that had just 2 guys with arcade sticks sitting next to each other with blank expressions on their faces.

This might be my personal favorite:
auqPG.jpg

cHaotix8

gutabo said:
- I've been counter poked out of my s.HK cleanly with a punch(I'm guessing it's f+MP or MK) many times. I'll give you c.LP xx hands but I remember it trading with one of dudley's attacks, I don't know which one(and I couldn't see which one because of the trade).

That's pretty much all he has. At the range where I counter hit you (outside of cr. jab), I'm too far away to even link a jab so the damage ends there until you mess up or I spam mgb's.

gutabo said:
- This is the part that irks me. You say that honda can jump "at pretty low risk". That's why I'm writing this post. This is not true. If you have enough time to react to do an ultra 2(according to your own post) why can't you jump at him with an attack? Why can't you jump backwards? Why can 't you dash backwards? Focus? It's not claw, adon or blanka, it's honda jumping forward! Oh and I forgot about dudley's other anti air, I think it's s.MK? It has a better hitbox!

Dudley's Ultra II is his ultimate anti air. I don't have to react to what normal you use, just what angle and the fact that you're in the air. Once you jump I can pretty much just throw it out. But when I don't have that ultra I have many more things to consider. Jump arc, what normal I'm countering, "do I have room to backdash and should I be putting myself in the corner?". You make it sound simple, like there's one answer but there really isn't. Dudley's standing medium kick does a mediocre job of beating honda's jump strong. Once I'm in the corner I need 3 bars to get out.

- Facts is facts... yeah right, go tell Mike Ross that honda is top tier and he'll give you a speech about all the mistakes that matchup/tier list has. But it's on a web site, it must be true! Or(from other point of view) tell gamerbee that adon is mid tier and that he shouldn't be winning that much.

I'm not talking about a tier list. Honda dominates pretty much all the new characters, a handful of old ones, and goes even with half the charge characters. Fireballs and Dhalsim give him trouble. The only reason why he's not top tier is because he really doesn't beat any of the other top tier characters. Doesn't change the fact that he does well against a good chunk of the cast. A small damage nerf won't hurt him much (look at balrog).

- Most honda combos are meter/character/position/crouching dependant, that's why you see most hondas go for hands into s.HK or hands into hands xx super. Fancy hands into c.lp xx hands besides being character/position dependant can be punished if the last hands don't fully connect, and fancy FADC oicho can be OS jumped very easily. Dudley can get to the 500 club with full meter too you know.

Yeah, but big damage is all Dudley has. Even then, it is usually off either a big risk or as a punish. He has below average defense, no footsies, and his pressure becomes very unsafe after the 3rd string guaranteed. He doesn't have the ability to stick to you like Sakura and Cody do.

I listed options that dudley can do, and you only answered to one of them saying that he does not do safe jumps. Well, there's no risk involved in safe jumping and it leaves dudley right next to the opponent, so why not consider it an option? I've been safe jump OS by a dudley while doing the godly EX headbutt just because I wasn't expecting it because he "does not do it".

Maybe it's just me but I can usually tell when I'm being safe jumped. It's getting baited that I usually have trouble with. On a high level, I feel baiting is much more effective psychologically. Also, people can't FADC when you bait them. Maybe we can agree to disagree on this one though.

God's Beard said:
Does Dudley's sMK beat butt splashes like Dan's down taunt?
I really doubt it. Jump back roundhouse does a pretty good job of baiting and punishing it though.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
SnowWolf said:
I finally uploaded my Season's Beatings photos if anybody's interested. http://www.protocolsnow.com/2010/10/21/seasons-beatings-v-photo-gallery/

I tried to post only highlight photos, which means I trashed a ton of those ordinary photos that had just 2 guys with arcade sticks sitting next to each other with blank expressions on their faces.

auqPG.jpg

OOOOOOOh Daigo said "Americanz R soooooo FREE, Free Money iz Boring!!!!!"

gutabo

SonOfABeep said:
interesting stuff on the honda/dudley and general honda stuff.

He probably does need a damage nerf but he also needs better options against Ryu, Chun, Sagat, and most importantly dhalsim.

None of his anti airs can trade or connect with dhalsim. A dhalsim that throws yoga fire has so many options to stop him from getting in as it approaches.

Hey art is that 1frame invincibility against fireballs on headbutts practical? I never see honda players using it because the timing is so situational and strict. It seems like a neutral jump fierce nudge or just blocking it (cause seriously what's some fireball chip to honda with his HP) is a better option.
His HP headbutt can go through yoga fires if he predicts them, is full screen away(or close), has not blocked another one and completes the motion before dhalsim says "yoga..."(usually almost at the same time sim did the fire). If badly timed(but around that time) it will be a trade but Honda will hit sim first and it will be a trade heavily in honda's favor(something like 200 damage vs 60 or so iirc).

His EX headbutt goes through yoga fires if he's 3/4 to full screen away, and he has to complete the motion around the time after sim finishes saying "...fire". Sim can block it if done from full screen.

It is practical and you should be trying to do it(ask AZ greg). I claim to have been the first to post about it extensively(at least the EX thing) on SRK.com. Yay me and my small ego!

cHaotix8: I don't think we really disagree, I just think I didn't like the way you worded some stuff, it's ok bro, sorry for the walls of text.

USD

PhatSaqs said:
lmao. The Sanford ones are fuckin classic :lol

I feel bad for my man but those are funny as hell.
Sanford's expression looks so similar in both shots that I thought it was a repeated image. :lol

gutabo said:
His HP headbutt can go through yoga fires if he predicts them, is full screen away(or close), has not blocked another one and completes the motion before dhalsim says "yoga..."(usually almost at the same time sim did the fire). If badly timed(but around that time) it will be a trade but Honda will hit sim first and it will be a trade heavily in honda's favor(something like 200 damage vs 60 or so iirc).

His EX headbutt goes through yoga fires if he's 3/4 to full screen away, and he has to complete the motion around the time after sim finishes saying "...fire". Sim can block it if done from full screen.

It is practical and you should be trying to do it(ask AZ greg). I claim to have been the first to post about it extensively(at least the EX thing) on SRK.com. Yay me and my small ego!

cHaotix8: I don't think we really disagree, I just think I didn't like the way you worded some stuff, it's ok bro, sorry for the walls of text.

Thanks, I need to spend some time on this.

Seems less useful for high speed recovery characters like chun and ryu, right?

Solune

SnowWolf said:

So much gold in those pictures SnowWolf, thanks for the pics like from the last SB!

XenoRaven

Gamerbee has the best win expressions of any Street Fighter player. It's like he knows he's sweet but is trying to be humble. And he just comes off looking like a smug dick. Amazing.

_Xenon_

Banned
arstal said:
Ok, how does Juri have a bad matchup against Adon period.

If Juri can charge a RH fireball, Adon can't jaguar kick, tooth or jump. Juri's knockdown game also works on Adon to boot.
The release move of RH fireball is slow and the fireball itself doesn't do much damage. Besides, you don't have a stored fireball at the beginning of the round. That fireball is only for mind games and the most reliable AA for Juri is still cr.HP cr.mp. Oh and ex JK goes through fireball and it's a 2hit overhead.

I think you are simplifying the problem. You can't say my move A beats your move B so that's a good matchup. If so then there's no bad match for Dan because he can DP everything on reaction (if the player's brain is on par with CPU).

Here's the video of Neo vs Gamerbee in EVO10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBLPW6O8kYw

Again, I'm not trolling Gamerbee or something, but look at how many JK he threw at Neo during the game. Sure you can j.mp juggle it by guessing or ex pinwheel it on reaction but the reward simply doesn't worth the risk. Jaguar kick is an overpowered 130 damage safe poke, plain and simple.

AkumaHokoru said:
If he does netural jump normal to JK-air you can dash under the jk. if he does cali-jk you can risk s.mking it or focus because its still air. you have to listen to know if its ground or air. random grunt = air.
You sure this works? o_O If listening to the sound FX is the only way to predict a move I don't think it's reliable at all.

entremet

Spiderjericho said:
Ha, ha @ the Sanford and Sabin pictures. Good job on the pictures on Snow.

Can't believe they still lug around those big TVs around to tournaments.
What about the full arcade cabs? That's a pretty cool setup they have there at Season's Beatings. Hasn't EVO gone all console only these days?

Conceited

mechaniphiliac
SnowWolf said:
http://imgur.com/auqPG.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

Seems pretty common for him

[IMG]http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs507.ash1/29984_103562206359851_100001182163647_30785_7411349_n.jpg

entrement said:
What about the full arcade cabs? That's a pretty cool setup they have there at Season's Beatings. Hasn't EVO gone all console only these days?

Yeah, Evo went all console a years ago. It works for America. Doesn't work for Japan and I hope Evo Japan is an arcade tournament, since that arcade scene is still relevant.

Arcade SSFIVAE, KOF2002 Tougeki Edition, ST, TS, Tekken6BR, etc.

Nose Master

finals28.jpg

Weird. The guy next to bee was at a random tournament at an anime convention in Madison, and said he translated for Gamerbee at EVO. I guess he wasn't full of shit. :lol

Edgeward

Rice-Eater said:
What, I had no idea this was even going on, bah. Oh well, good luck to the participants. I need to be more aware of these things so I don't get left out next time. I don't know who would have partnered up with me though.

It was random pairings.

Axis

Rice-Eater said:
What, I had no idea this was even going on, bah. Oh well, good luck to the participants. I need to be more aware of these things so I don't get left out next time. I don't know who would have partnered up with me though.

yeah, it was random pairings. for xbl i just did the best 8 then drew the rest out of a hat 1 at a time for who teamed with them...seemed fair enough. will let you know when the next one comes around!

USD

_dementia said:
Do you know if the Blaz finals will be posted? For some reason they decided to stream losers final and winners final, but not grand finals.
I'm not sure, but doubtful. Unless someone else recorded grand finals, you probably won't see the match.

USD said:
I'm not sure, but doubtful. Unless someone else recorded grand finals, you probably won't see the match.
That sucks. A player using my mid-tier main ended up winning SF4, and a dude using my mid-tier main in BBCS did the same.

USD

_dementia said:
That sucks. A player using my mid-tier main ended up winning SF4, and a dude using my mid-tier main in BBCS did the same.
From what I've heard from Sp00ky in the stream, Zidane (AKA The Wolfman Gerber Baby) has the top-ranked Hazama on PSN and is considered the best Hazama in the world right now (even in Japan). From what I've watched of him play before, he is pretty damn beast.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_Xenon_ said:
The release move of RH fireball is slow and the fireball itself doesn't do much damage. Besides, you don't have a stored fireball at the beginning of the round. That fireball is only for mind games and the most reliable AA for Juri is still cr.HP cr.mp. Oh and ex JK goes through fireball and it's a 2hit overhead.

I think you are simplifying the problem. You can't say my move A beats your move B so that's a good matchup. If so then there's no bad match for Dan because he can DP everything on reaction (if the player's brain is on par with CPU).

Here's the video of Neo vs Gamerbee in EVO10:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBLPW6O8kYw

This isn't expert analysis here, I'm only average with Juri.

Not trolling Neo, but he looks a little out of sorts there. As for RH fireball, you hear Jaguar, you hit it, it will hit any Jaguar kick or RH Jaguar tooth. EX JK is a weapon though, one that can be seen coming- unless you're fighting a really good Adon. It's easily reactable, unlike the Dan DP scenario. If you need to mindgame it, save a forward fireball, and do it if the Adon stops jaguaring and starts advancing when you store a fireball. It's a mindgame matchup in Juri's favor. I also think with Adon's mediocre wakeup, FSE if you can use it right might be better here also.

Vs jump-ins, the best counter is to jump away from it, and dive kick if you can land it. Problem is you'll corner yourself eventually.

YakiSOBA

I just watched the vid where Marn beat Daigo in losers bracket... I don't get something, I thought all these people had absolute respect for someone liek Daigo even if he's from another country... Instead it's like (from what I imagine Daigo's perspective to be) everyone jeering at him, chanting his opponents name, and then when he loses they all laugh at his face...

The announcer guy was even like "GTFO DAIGO" lol... Weird.

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
YakiSOBA said:
I just watched the vid where Marn beat Daigo in losers bracket... I don't get something, I thought all these people had absolute respect for someone liek Daigo even if he's from another country... Instead it's like (from what I imagine Daigo's perspective to be) everyone jeering at him, chanting his opponents name, and then when he loses they all laugh at his face...

The announcer guy was even like "GTFO DAIGO" lol... Weird.

:lol I literally just watched the same video about 2 seconds ago. I thought the exact same thing. What's the deal with all the... hate? I know he's the Champ and you always root against the Champ - but Daigo isn't exactly this "villain" character who taunts his opponents and acts like a total prick when he wins.

I lose respect for people in that room, and Marn, and gain even more for Daigo for going to play at Tournaments like Season Beatings, when he really has nothing to prove to anyone in America... he's done that the past two years! He's such a respectful guy - it makes no sense for everyone to be so disrespectful to him.

It's okay to be excited, but it's better to show class.

Okay jeesh, this is even worse than Marn: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=di52SYOcf7k

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom