• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Steaks

Nose Master said:
Weird. The guy next to bee was at a random tournament at an anime convention in Madison, and said he translated for Gamerbee at EVO. I guess he wasn't full of shit. :lol
If you're talking about the guy in the blue shirt with glasses that's my friend who lived in Taiwan for a while, so yes he's legit :lol
marathonfool said:

This is creepy as hell.

hitsugi

Adam Prime said:
:lol I literally just watched the same video about 2 seconds ago. I thought the exact same thing. What's the deal with all the... hate? I know he's the Champ and you always root against the Champ

Actually, a lot of people used to root for Daigo / other JP players over their US rivals until SSF4. I guess "hype" has changed a bit here

Busaiku

Everyone just loves underdogs.
Daigo's the known top, so when someone can actually beat him, there's lots of hype.

See Gamerbee as well.
Back at Evo, he got all the hype, but not so much now, since people know he's a top player.

USD

Busaiku said:
Everyone just loves underdogs.
Daigo's the known top, so when someone can actually beat him, there's lots of hype.

See Gamerbee as well.
Back at Evo, he got all the hype, but not so much now, since people know he's a top player.
That's pretty much how it is. People might be rooting for the other guy, but they still give Daigo respect (other than some random pot monster grabbing the mic :lol).

Everyone gets hyped when an American beats a Japanese player. It's a big deal because of the disparity in skill in the communities (not saying there aren't skilled players here but the small size of Japan and arcade scene has developed a good competitive scene, which allows them to get better exponentionally.)

It's the same attitude to when a team beats the American Basketball team (aka Dream Team). China, Russia, Yugaslavia, Puerto Rico, Cuba or whoever beating USA and being hype. It doesn't happen often, so when it does, it's great.

I will say Daigo is pretty professional besides his Diva stuff behind the scenes. He never yells in the persons face, makes comments or whatever. But I think it's a result of his culture.

USD

Edgeward said:
I think anything that wasn't streamed won't be up. So that and others like Super Turbo won't be uploaded.
Spooky didn't record them, but you can find some ST and CvS2 matches on YouTube.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Oh hey, Snow got a pic of the TvC corner.

venue5.jpg

Kurasa on the mic, Keits on the floor in front of him, Snadmonkey (local friend) sitting to Keits' left, Beverage (other local friend) on the far right of the couch, me to the left of Beverage, and Flexo 2nd from the left on the couch. Can't recall the names of the other two.

The rest of these pics are great too. Momochi's Homer Simpson t-shirt still cracks me up. :lol

Edgeward said:
I think anything that wasn't streamed won't be up. So that and others like Super Turbo won't be uploaded.
Ghaleon is uploading footage of anything he can get his hands on, streamed or not. I remember him specifically asking us if we had any TvC footage to share.

Rocwell

Just caught the Gamerbee vs Justin Wong runback at Season's Beatings, man was that an epic match. It was pretty cool to see gamerbee get a taste of his own medicine. Justin's Makoto is so sick, I wish he'd just drop Rufus altogether.

A lot of great matches came out of SB especially the infamous Daigo vs Marn match. I'm starting to feel bad for Sanford he seems to be in a slump lately, not doing well in Marvel, not doing so well in Super and he always looks so sad when he loses. I just want to give him a pat on the back and tell him to keep his chin up. :lol

:edit: just caught the second half of the Gamerbee J Wong runback in losers finals :lol

Rocwell said:
Just caught the Gamerbee vs Justin Wong runback at Season's Beatings, man was that an epic match. It was pretty cool to see gamerbee get a taste of his own medicine. Justin's Makoto is so sick, I wish he'd just drop Rufus altogether.

A lot of great matches came out of SB especially the infamous Daigo vs Marn match. I'm starting to feel bad for Sanford he seems to be in a slump lately, not doing well in Marvel, not doing so well in Super and he always looks so sad when he loses. I just want to give him a pat on the back and tell him to keep his chin up. :lol

yeah, I wish Wong would use Makoto more. I am kinda getting tired of Rufus. And I think he should also keep sticking with Cammy. He was already the best US cammy player during the brief time he used her in vanilla.....his cammy would have been so beast by now.

Kimosabae

Banned
_dementia said:
How long until fan backlash against gamerbee?

It won't happen. Gamerbee is more extroverted, so he won't be seen as abstractly as Daigo. There's simply more to work with there.

People just interpret Daigo however they see fit for themselves.

USD

Rocwell said:

He lost to Gamerbee and Momochi though, so it's not like he was doing terrible. He probably should have used Viper from the get-go against Gamerbee.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
yea, Sanford does well specially when you see the competition he has to face. And He's a Viper/Sagat player for the most part so he runs into these shitty match-ups sometimes.

Rocwell

~Devil Trigger~ said:
yea, Sanford does well specially when you see the competition he has to face. And He's a Viper/Sagat player for the most part so he runs into these shitty match-ups sometimes.
Yeah that's true, I guess it's not so surprising Sanford became less dominant when Sagat got toned down from vanilla to super.

USD

Rocwell said:
Yeah that's true, I guess it's not so surprising Sanford became less dominant when Sagat got toned down from vanilla to super.
Sanford was still using a pretty large variety of characters in Vanilla though, it wasn't until late in the life of Vanilla that he mostly settled with Sagat and Viper.

GatorBait said:
Recommendations for best type of custom in-game music to listen to when you are tired of listening to the game's soundtrack?

If you still want Street Fighter music and don't have HD Remix the guys at OCRemix that did all the music for HDR provide the soundtrack for free online.

http://ocremix.org/album/12/oc-remix-super-street-fighter-ii-turbo-hd-remix-official-soundtrack

I put in on my Xbox and like to toss it on when I need to mix up the music a bit. Non-game music always just sounds odd to me when gaming.

USD

Updating GODSGARDEN Online #2 information:

This week's matches:

Saturday
5 AM EDT - Sako VS Momochi
8 AM EDT - Umehara VS Uryo

Sunday
6:30 AM EDT - YHC Mochi VS Momochi
9:30 AM EDT - Mago VS Momochi

NOTE: The bolded time slots are switched from the original posting. I wanted watch that Mago action first, but Sako will do. :lol

CURRENT RANKS:

Code:
Mago:	3-0
Sako:	2-1
Daigo: 	1-1
Momochi:1-1
Uryo:	1-2
Mochi:	0-3

Satyamdas

Banned
Sp00ky said:
http://www.youtube.com/view_play_lis...402F4BE37E2E0D 5 v 5 Playlist from sbr.

http://www.youtube.com/user/SeasonsBeatingsGDLK Lots more stuff including most of singles, marvel singles, some umk3 uploading, ggac, etc.
First link is blown up, Spooky. http://www.youtube.com/user/SeasonsBeatingsGDLK#p/c/E5402F4BE37E2E0D This should work.

Just wanted to say thanks for the all the streaming work since day one. TRULY fucking GDLK. I was there when it was still vanilla SF4 and it was just Art blowing everybody up with Seth on 39 game win streaks and I will keep stream monstering it up with Team Spooky as long as you guys keep it going. Much respect man.

USD

Everyone saw crouching fierce into Super and Ultra through fireball, but other cool shit than that happened. Some of my favorite SSFIV moments from SBR, in no particular order (check each line for a video):

- Dieminion pulls off a ridiculous punish.

- "Oh my god... I think Inthul's mind fucked really bad right now."

- Chen jinxs Art, and 30 seconds later,
Art gets blown up.

- Cody Ultra 2 > Fei Long.

- Pungza should have taken Mike Ross's advice and backdashed to Vanilla,
because he gets caught not once,
but twice by Combofiend (also Chris Hu is psychic).

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Hah, speaking of Cody's U2. I went through E_Coil's Guile Sonic Boom to end the match. I'm so proud of that. :lol

Won about 3-4 matches while dying over and over tonight. My execution is weird and lag spikes for those inputs don't help at all. :/

SixFortyFive said:
>>Pictures<<

Weird, you look just like a Pokenerd. :lol

MIMIC

Banned
Satyamdas said:
First link is blown up, Spooky. http://www.youtube.com/user/SeasonsBeatingsGDLK#p/c/E5402F4BE37E2E0D This should work.

Just wanted to say thanks for the all the streaming work since day one. TRULY fucking GDLK. I was there when it was still vanilla SF4 and it was just Art blowing everybody up with Seth on 39 game win streaks and I will keep stream monstering it up with Team Spooky as long as you guys keep it going. Much respect man.

Seeing Daigo get grabbed 4 times in a row (in the 1st vid) makes be feel better about sucking at teching =p

Shuusui

~Devil Trigger~ said:
nice!

Dash forward Fugaki on Seth was :lol , i learned something. I usually Jump MP on them on start.

cr. MK is a good AA whenever you read a jump-in late, pretty much the only thing i can say here
Really good videos, you adapt really well. That akuma was intense, though!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom