• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Spiderjericho said:
It seems like the players who went to Japan come back to jet lag and more losing.
I totally expected Sako to beat Momochi. Also, Uryo was the only one to beat Daigo in the qualifiers, not surprised that he repeated in the main tourney.
abstract alien said:
Damn, he did a wake up ultra on Daigo. Welcome to America, from Japan.
Raw Uryoltra (that's what the stream monsters were calling it :lol) FTW.

The last IPW podcast was great. Art and Haunts were on point.

Man, Art has been in the scene for a minute.

And USD, in the qualifiers, it was a coin toss with the Daigo/Sako and Daigo/Mago. I expect Mago to beat Daigo, especially with the zombie state he's in. He's a pretty patient player but those random fireballs and some of the Umeshoryus are causing him to lose some matches.

I see Mago winning GGO2. But now, I'm more looking forward to the next God's Garden after SSFIVAE releases because that's when ALL of the killers come out.

hitsugi

Spiderjericho said:
I'm more looking forward to the next God's Garden after SSFIVAE releases because that's when ALL of the killers come out.
This. There are so many solid players that have been seemingly out of the game since vanilla... I'm sure they'll catch up quickly

Crisis

Banned
PSN GAF, I need your help desperately. I am out of practice, but every time I play someone onlline fucking lag is killing me. Not kidding. Every match I've played has been tainted by lag. I am beyond fucking tired of this game online. I really am. Can some of you hop online and maybe play in endless battle?

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Crisis said:
PSN GAF, I need your help desperately. I am out of practice, but every time I play someone onlline fucking lag is killing me. Not kidding. Every match I've played has been tainted by lag. I am beyond fucking tired of this game online. I really am. Can some of you hop online and maybe play in endless battle?

You're not in PS3 chat. :/

I'm on right now.

hitsugi

Crisis said:

no matter who you play, lag may or may not factor in.

Crisis

Banned
Apparently PSN GAF won't invite me. :lol Now I am getting these fucking lamers that are lagging AND picking keep-away characters and picking one rounds. Fucking great.

NeoUltima

Crisis said:
Apparently PSN GAF won't invite me. :lol Now I am getting these fucking lamers that are lagging AND picking keep-away characters and picking one rounds. Fucking great.
If you're not in yet, I'll invite you to chat, send a me a friend request on PSN. I'll be on /w in an hour.

USD

What the fuck, Sakura has a 3-frame close fierce? Ridiculous. Was playing around in training mode and wondering why the LK Shunpu > HP link was so easy.

TheSeks

LMAO x 10 at Razor's Balrog jumping in, about to punch me.

Cody: "LOL NOPE!" *SAND!, ULTRA COMBO TO FINISH!*

Razor-kun: Subject of PSN message: ...

:lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

And I finally beat his Dee Jay, TWICE! YAY! :D

TheSeks

Man, how do you send replay files to other people? I need someone here to make a .gif of that E. Honda Ultra failing to grab me to 3HP him to win the round and Razor's Balrog jump in eating my Ultra 2.

Those are for the record books, man. :lol

Crisis

Banned
Thanks for the matches PSN GAF. You came through for me. Though I didn't win any matches against you guys, when I went out into the world and played randoms, I didn't lose a single match after playing you guys. :lol

MightyKAC

Crisis said:
Thanks for the matches PSN GAF. You came through for me. Though I didn't win any matches against you guys, when I went out into the world and played randoms, I didn't lose a single match after playing you guys. :lol
Is this still going on? If so I'd love to get in on it.

Edit: PSN: MightKAC

Degen

*trolls NeoUltima :p*

hey neoultima

4537623831_d394c54aa6_o.jpg

this reminds me of something.

how about you?

does it remind you of something?

NeoUltima

Degen said:
*trolls NeoUltima :p*

hey neoultima

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2734/4537623831_d394c54aa6_o.jpg

this reminds me of something.

how about you?

does it remind you of something?[/QUOTE]
:(
Profound sadness I am.
But next time it will be different.

Marvelous

How come just about every time I face off against a Blanka the game will start lagging? Every other match is basically lag free... then here comes Blanka with the lag.

Edit: And yes, I try to make sure to only go against players with a green connection. :)
Edit 2: Speaking of Blanka, anyone got any good tips on how to beat him with Vega and/or Honda?

SmokeMaxX

Marvelous said:
How come just about every time I face off against a Blanka the game will start lagging? Every other match is basically lag free... then here comes Blanka with the lag.

Edit: And yes, I try to make sure to only go against players with a green connection. :)
Edit 2: Speaking of Blanka, anyone got any good tips on how to beat him with Vega and/or Honda?
You can't beat him with Honda? Just turtle the shit out of him. One EX-Headbutt and he's on the ground crying. Just keep doing that. Go full screen and whiff Ochio throws. There's not much he can do except try to approach. Any Blanka Ball gets beaten (or trades heavily in your favor) by your headbutts. Abuse this often. Blanka will try to abuse the crossup game because Honda is weak to crossups, but just roll with it until you can hit him with another headbutt. It's hard for Blanka to break good turtles. Most Blankas suck and if you just late tech all day, they can't do a lot about it. Don't get hit by random Ultra.

Marvelous

SmokeMaxX said:
You can't beat him with Honda? Just turtle the shit out of him. One EX-Headbutt and he's on the ground crying. Just keep doing that. Go full screen and whiff Ochio throws. There's not much he can do except try to approach. Any Blanka Ball gets beaten (or trades heavily in your favor) by your headbutts. Abuse this often. Blanka will try to abuse the crossup game because Honda is weak to crossups, but just roll with it until you can hit him with another headbutt. It's hard for Blanka to break good turtles. Most Blankas suck and if you just late tech all day, they can't do a lot about it. Don't get hit by random Ultra.

That sounds easy enough. I guess my problem is playing too aggressive against Blanka. Oh well, I'll learn and get better. Thanks for the advice!

SmokeMaxX

Marvelous said:
That sounds easy enough. I guess my problem is playing too aggressive against Blanka. Oh well, I'll learn and get better. Thanks for the advice!
Np. Note that you'll have to change your gameplan a little bit against higher level Blankas, but this advice should serve you well against most of the people that you'll play against.

Crouch tech blows up most of Blanka's shenanigans besides random Ultra (cr. short, cr. short, Ultra 1). It beats hop, it beats empty ball into throw, etc. You can punish most of his blanka balls that you block with you own headbutts. I don't know the specifics of this, but it'll make Blanka stop throwing random Blanka Balls. You can focus rainbow roll or vertical upball (not on reversal). Blanka has trouble getting in on Honda. Low attacks beat electricity.

hitsugi

Marvelous said:

aggressive honda? huge mistake.

DryEyeRelief said:
Gamerbee/AndyOCR/Some dude named Alex Valle(?)

Ouch. Dictator, Rie-U and A-dawn.

Sounds pretty fierce. OCR is probably the weak link.

Justin's team sounds boss too. If I were the organizers, I'd probably try to limit the team stacking, so it can be a little fair for the teams.

For a major tourney, sure but a small ranbat...eh.

hitsugi

Solune said:
Not if you're Mike Ross.

:lol

That's very situational. He has a good Honda for a reason which is that he knows when to hold back for entire games or when he's good to go ahead and c.jab -> hands people to death. It's Honda.

Axis said:
and ocr is one of the better CA players so that's saying something lol...crazy pimpson

@ the same level as Gamerbee and Valle, who have both won majors? I'm not discrediting him. He's obviously good and definitely one of the newcomers on the come up.

And Dictator is indeed a pimp.

Axis

Spiderjericho said:
@ the same level as Gamerbee and Valle, who have both won majors? I'm not discrediting him. He's obviously good and definitely one of the newcomers on the come up.

And Dictator is indeed a pimp.

naw, i'm saying that the fact that he's the weakest link says something about that team lol...he's not on their level yet but he's been performing better than valle lately

Axis said:
naw, i'm saying that the fact that he's the weakest link says something about that team lol...he's not on their level yet but he's been performing better than valle lately

Oh, I'm not disagreeing on the caliber of the team. I said in my initial post that it is a stacked team (as well as the Ross/Wong/??? team). For these events, they should definitely set some rules so OGs and what not don't completely dominate in something like a team tournament. By spread loading versus stacking, it gives everyone a chance to win the prize.

What chance would Spiderjericho, Axis and random GAFer have of winning the teams if we had to go against Valle (LA Riots, #2 @ Norcal Regionals 2009, etc), Gamerbee (top 8 Evo and SB5 champ) and Andy?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
I'll be at the box arena event soon.

Shoutouts to neogaf.

Watch the stream!

I got some shit to giveaway!

Facebook giveaway this time!

cHaotix8

Spiderjericho said:
What chance would Spiderjericho, Axis and random GAFer have of winning the teams if we had to go against Valle (LA Riots, #2 @ Norcal Regionals 2009, etc), Gamerbee (top 8 Evo and SB5 champ) and Andy?

None if you go in with the mentality that you've lost before the match even starts. They're human just like you are.

Axis

MarkMan said:
I'll be at the box arena event soon.

Shoutouts to neogaf.

Watch the stream!

I got some shit to giveaway!

Facebook giveaway this time!

yo, what page will i need to friend on facebook? just trying to get started in advance cuz i really want me a freaking chun li TE stick lol...so sexy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom