• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

Kadey said:
That must mean Xeno and I are the ugliest people in this chat. -=starts drinking=-

I don't get what you guys are talking about, with the EX Tatsu. I get that a lot whenever I'm doing combos involving it. Something to do with the range.
I think it works the opposite way for girls.

As for Vegeta, something went down in OT. Don't know all the details.

zon

XenoRaven said:
I think it works the opposite way for girls.

As for Vegeta, something went down in OT. Don't know all the details.

Must've been pretty bad if he managed to get banned in OT.

Ploid 3.0

Morro! said:
Hakan counters me.

I just hate that guy and I don't know what the hell should I do against him, I get salty when I get hugged out of my blockstrings :lol

freehugs.jpg

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
_dementia said:
Valle, Combofiend, and Sabin too

hey what happened to Combofiend? Was he at evo?

dont include my name cause i was not playing in sbo last year just spectating. i tried to team with ameriken but he was on black ppl time and he really thought i was just press and not a actual player...

although it is true, combofiend and valle did get raped by mizoteru (amazing blanka.) however you guys would not know that since it was nto a featured match on the big screen. only on the side. wasnt even on the dvd, i saw it.

justin and marn lost. they didnt get raped. justin beat cygnus pretty convincingly. marn was doing good vs naiki (Nike) until he taunted when naiki was dizzy (lit a fire under his ass the next two rounds and blew up marn.) justin vs naiki was raelly close going down to the last round too.

sbo quality of comp is so good that anyone can lose first round and it doesnt mean that they suck or got raped by japan. the one time i played in sbo, i lost to the guy that won SBO first round..by a pixel..then he raped everyone i played after that.

american ppl love to hate on their own. lol

Aside from that, how did you guys enjoy Daigo/YHCMochi? I enjoyed it thoroughly even though I'm on blast. I learned something.

AZ Greg

Pulled the trigger on the ASUS monitor from last year's EVO. I have a couple of A/V questions I'm hoping someone here can help me with.

1.) Are all HDMI cables really the same? I remember reading that they were when everyone was buying the cheap Monoprice cables. Only reason I ask is because all the HDMI cables I see in stores, cheap and expensive, have a bunch of different specs. I'm currently just using the HDMI cable that came with my 360 Elite when they launched and was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade.

2.) Being that the monitor is 1920x1080 I'm not sure what the optimal configuration is in terms of the 360's display settings (My current TV is 13XXx7XX). With SSF4 in mind of course. And are the settings something that should be switched on a game by game basis?

Thanks!

Also, gonna be starting an XBL lobby if anyone wants in!

nycfurby said:
dont include my name cause i was not playing in sbo last year just spectating. i tried to team with ameriken but he was on black ppl time and he really thought i was just press and not a actual player...

although it is true, combofiend and valle did get raped by mizoteru (amazing blanka.) however you guys would not know that since it was nto a featured match on the big screen. only on the side. wasnt even on the dvd, i saw it.

justin and marn lost. they didnt get raped. justin beat cygnus pretty convincingly. marn was doing good vs naiki (Nike) until he taunted when naiki was dizzy (lit a fire under his ass the next two rounds and blew up marn.) justin vs naiki was raelly close going down to the last round too.

sbo quality of comp is so good that anyone can lose first round and it doesnt mean that they suck or got raped by japan. the one time i played in sbo, i lost to the guy that won SBO first round..by a pixel..then he raped everyone i played after that.

Aside from that, how did you guys enjoy Daigo/YHCMochi? I enjoyed it thoroughly even though I'm on blast. I learned something.

Would have loved it to go to a final game, but it was good stuff. I think regardless of what happens people would like to see Daigo play Sako after the tourney.

AZ Greg said:
Pulled the trigger on the ASUS monitor from last year's EVO. I have a couple of A/V questions I'm hoping someone here can help me with.

1.) Are all HDMI cables really the same? I remember reading that they were when everyone was buying the cheap Monoprice cables. Only reason I ask is because all the HDMI cables I see in stores, cheap and expensive, have a bunch of different specs. I'm currently just using the HDMI cable that came with my 360 Elite when they launched and was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade.

2.) Being that the monitor is 1920x1080 I'm not sure what the optimal configuration is in terms of the 360's display settings (My current TV is 13XXx7XX). With SSF4 in mind of course. And are the settings something that should be switched on a game by game basis?

Thanks!

Also, gonna be starting an XBL lobby if anyone wants in!

Well last I knew HDMI cables work to a standard, the more expensive cables are just using gold connectors usually which makes them more expensive. Generally this has no effect on it and as long as the cable works one is as good as another.

The second question I dunno, I have yet to try and hook my pc monitor to my 360.

Morro! said:
Hakan counters me.

I just hate that guy and I don't know what the hell should I do against him, I get salty when I get hugged out of my blockstrings :lol

Who are you playing as? Playing Hakan like Zangief and T. Hawk by keeping a safe distance, applying fireball pressure, and using pokes works out pretty well imo.

zon

nycfurby said:

Hey mang I heard on srk you money matched juicebox after all at Evo. Is that true?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
riceandbeans said:
Who are you playing as? Playing Hakan like Zangief and T. Hawk by keeping a safe distance, applying fireball pressure, and using pokes works out pretty well imo.
fireball pressure on hakan?

oh i'd hug you. >_>

"1.) Are all HDMI cables really the same? I remember reading that they were when everyone was buying the cheap Monoprice cables. Only reason I ask is because all the HDMI cables I see in stores, cheap and expensive, have a bunch of different specs. I'm currently just using the HDMI cable that came with my 360 Elite when they launched and was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade."

Yes. It's a digital signal, it either works or it doesn't. Don't buy into "Speed-rated" marketing junk.

I love the spooky commentary. You guys should commentate other people's matches more--maybe, even go back and commentate on past matches.

Az -- for ur needs, any hdmi will do. Those higher bandwidth hdmis are more relevant when it comes to home theater av nerds.

Can u link me to where u got ur monitor, I want to get one.

nycfurby said:

if you go to evo japan, you should definitely run it back with daigo, like the exhibition match you were talking about.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
riceandbeans said:
Sure, with the right distance unless there's a reason I'm missing. Hakan oiling up is a free hit even for Chun Li's slow fireball.
so your experience with hakan is... walkup oil shower?

hmm.

2h6ar0g.jpg

Hey MarkMan, can you set up an XBLA fight between me and Daigo? I've perfected an anti-Ryu strategy with Dudley that's guaranteed to work, catered towards Daigo's playstyle. 9-1, guaranteed.

I want to play exactly one match with him on Endless Battle, then I'll never accept a rematch in order to ensure my invincibility.

I really wanted to see Daigo vs Sako. Thought it would be a better final than say, Sako vs Mochi. It's the reason Mochi vetoed the match in the first place.

As far as the match goes, I think Daigo was playing too reckless in the beginning. You could tell that towards the end, he rushed more, but at the same time, played more cautiously and didn't give Mochi free hits. Daigo played really great towards the end, but it was too late. The Valle walk up ex tatsu worked wonders for Daigo. He also used his throws and ex shoryus during Mochi's ultras which showed great composure and a lot of ryus don't do it as often or don't react quite as fast.

What can I say about Mochi? His zoning was great, and his defense (aside from his level 3 focus blunders) was really good. That defense in the beginning is what ultimately won him this ft10 against Daigo. Daigo's usual overhead which worked great at evo didn't do squat in the beginning of the game.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
AZ Greg said:
Just set the 360's video output to 1920x1080 and it'll be fine for all games. The hardware scaler works well (better than having most displays scale the image, certainly) regardless of the source game's native resolution.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
zon said:
Hey mang I heard on srk you money matched juicebox after all at Evo. Is that true?

yeah and i got lit up 5-4 (rose) 5-1 (seth) then i was down 100. i mmed him a 3rd time with rose and won 5-4 then daigo was waiting for me. i would have played him again in a 4th but again, umehara was waiting.

hes good though i was wrong about him. next time ill be sure to sleep properly before i go on crazy mm binges hah

Also, about Daigo vs Mochi, the fact that Daigo won sooo many games off lvl 3 focus was just retarded. You can escape that with jump cancel iat everytime or just ground teleport even (more risky). I think he got so many of those because again, its netplay. Moshi finally diid wakeup ultra in the last game to counter that bs lol

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
riceandbeans said:
No, part of my experience is staying far away so I don't get bodied by that annoying slide of his.
but since he can fullscreen slide your fireballs...
uh, yea. whats the plan?

seriously, chun has every advantage in the world over hakan, but if you're running and fireballing you will get bodied. flat out. >_> its like playing runaway gief vs a dhalsim.

JKTrix

Should I get this game for PS3 if I want to play with people from Scrub GAF? It seems like there are more people. I've had this game for 360 since launch but never had much chance to dig into it until now.

And people online are way too good.

Pandaman said:
but since he can fullscreen slide your fireballs...
uh, yea. whats the plan?

seriously, chun has every advantage in the world over hakan, but if you're running and fireballing you will get bodied. flat out. >_> its like playing runaway gief vs a dhalsim.

Ehhh... I probably should have mentioned I do that mostly with Chun Li. Maybe other fireball characters will get bodied with fireball pressure. With Chun, I can usually throw out a slow fireball, bait his slide, and just cr. fierce it. My time against Hakan will come eventually, but playing runaway has worked out pretty well at least for me and haven't lost yet to either to new or skilled Hakan's.

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
nycfurby said:
yeah and i got lit up 5-4 (rose) 5-1 (seth) then i was down 100. i mmed him a 3rd time with rose and won 5-4 then daigo was waiting for me. i would have played him again in a 4th but again, umehara was waiting.

hes good though i was wrong about him. next time ill be sure to sleep properly before i go on crazy mm binges hah

Also, about Daigo vs Mochi, the fact that Daigo won sooo many games off lvl 3 focus was just retarded. You can escape that with jump cancel iat everytime or just ground teleport even (more risky). I think he got so many of those because again, its netplay. Moshi finally diid wakeup ultra in the last game to counter that bs lol

What did you think about Mochi's choice of ultra 1? Usually I take U2 against shotos but nowadays advanced shotos give me few opportunitiess to use U2 so I just stick with U1.

At the very least he could have punished daigo's lv3 focuses with a wakeup shangrila.

I also liked how mochi attempted short slide xx super to try to counter daigo's okizemi focus, although it didn't work, and iirc daigo succeeded in baiting one out, but short slide recovered to quick for daigo to puunish.

Did you listen to the japanese commentary? They were talking about your dhalsim.

explodet

I've actually had fireballs pass through EX Oil Shower (meant to do his 360+K). Surprised the hell out of me. My input problems with Hakan continue, but not nearly as badly when i first started.

Almost finished shining C with Dan. Man what fun he was, compared to Makoto who I did before.

Man, Rufus' theme is so awesome, it's a shame I don't hear it so much because I run into so few of them.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lujr6vtRmwE

XenoRaven

Good games guys. Sorry for the Vega round Greg. I was legitimately mad at Cosmic Heel, and needed to vent my frustration. Felt better after that. I had some strategies I wanted to try, but never really got even that far. I think I'm starting to understand how you use that move and what to do about it now. All in all I felt like I learned some stuff tonight.

I still have no idea how to fight Juri really. I just try abuse the fact that she has short stubby limbs compared to Chun.

explodet said:
Man, Rufus' theme is so awesome, it's a shame I don't hear it so much because I run into so few of them.

It's true. It's like every 3rd guy is using him in tournament play, but I never run into him online. Same thing for Viper.

sonicmj1

I've been somewhat inspired by Mike Ross's performance at Evo this year, and so I've started playing Honda again. I used to use him in HDR when I was first starting out in Street Fighter, because I could mash punch and end lives. I dropped him when I started SF4, but I'm returning to him in Super, and I'm liking how he plays. He's got a lot of power, and his command throw is neat.

There's a lot I still have to learn about playing him, though. When people get in my face and start trying to mix me up, I have a lot of trouble escaping pressure. Reversal EX Headbutt only works sometimes, and so does jump-back fierce. Trying to block everything leaves me really vulnerable to throws.

Also, when people are turtling well enough, I can't deal damage or force openings.

I was watching some of the Evo matches again, and between those and the final Honda trials, it seems to me that I need to figure out how to consistently land crouching light punch into Heavy Hundred Hands, but even when I'm grinding it out in training mode (even when I cheat with the turbo option on my stick!), I can't get the punch inputs to come out fast enough to cancel the light punch into Hands. That combo would give me a great way to pressure opponents who are blocking, while pushing me into a safer range.

What tricks do the Honda players on GAF have to land that cancel consistently?

XenoRaven said:
Good games guys. Sorry for the Vega round Greg. I was legitimately mad at Cosmic Heel, and needed to vent my frustration. Felt better after that. I had some strategies I wanted to try, but never really got even that far. I think I'm starting to understand how you use that move and what to do about it now. All in all I felt like I learned some stuff tonight.

I still have no idea how to fight Juri really. I just try abuse the fact that she has short stubby limbs compared to Chun.

GG's I was wondering why you switched to vega all of a sudden.

Greg you're a bastard, caught on to my dash kara throw after you do your rolling attack. :D Stop downloading me, it's supposed to be the other way around :<

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
gg's the log ride.

the_log_ride (dhalsim) vs Pandaman (sakura) set 1:
5 - 0.

styled on me in a series of 5 seconds left on the clock matches, some were sooo close, some were so rage enducing but none were 2 wins out of three. ;_; gg's, sak goes into workout mode, thankfully a couple gaffers have offered to help. like ploid who put up with me for 23 matches. o_O thanks man.

The_log_Ride (dhalsim) Vs Pandaman (Hakan) set 2:
3 - 5.

immediately after the sakura matches, hakan just up and dosed the two of us in oil. two wins out of the gate and business had officially picked up. awesome matches here and i think i exploited every hakan getincloseandhugem gimmick i know of in these matches, safe slides into grabs were the real money maker as i tried to get log into thinking he could grab slides at certain ranges, when the time came safe slide into ultra 1 won me the last two games. so hype.

GG's man, looking forward to future sets! tho the set count is tied, i see it as 8 - 5 and a win for you, cant have that now can we. guess we'll just have to do a few more sometime, eh? :D

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
sonicmj1 said:
I've been somewhat inspired by Mike Ross's performance at Evo this year, and so I've started playing Honda again. I used to use him in HDR when I was first starting out in Street Fighter, because I could mash punch and end lives. I dropped him when I started SF4, but I'm returning to him in Super, and I'm liking how he plays. He's got a lot of power, and his command throw is neat.

There's a lot I still have to learn about playing him, though. When people get in my face and start trying to mix me up, I have a lot of trouble escaping pressure. Reversal EX Headbutt only works sometimes, and so does jump-back fierce. Trying to block everything leaves me really vulnerable to throws.

Also, when people are turtling well enough, I can't deal damage or force openings.

I was watching some of the Evo matches again, and between those and the final Honda trials, it seems to me that I need to figure out how to consistently land crouching light punch into Heavy Hundred Hands, but even when I'm grinding it out in training mode (even when I cheat with the turbo option on my stick!), I can't get the punch inputs to come out fast enough to cancel the light punch into Hands. That combo would give me a great way to pressure opponents who are blocking, while pushing me into a safer range.

What tricks do the Honda players on GAF have to land that cancel consistently?

I can't do it. You HAVE to piano it. (or use autofire like a lot of online folks do)

I miss HDR hands.

As for the turtling, I use jump jab into oichio, stand jab/short into oichio. crouch jab into oichio doesn't work as well since oichio is 4f and low jab is +0 on block.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom