• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

cHaotix8

USD said:
On a separate note, fuck Ken. I block crossup, it's a jump fierce. I block in front, it's a jump forward.

It's really hard to block them on reaction online. It's really not so bad offline unless it's hella ambiguous, but play him enough and you know when it'll cross up.

hitsugi

DR2K said:
I wonder what sick shit he'll come up with in the arcade edition, with all the normal buffs she's getting.
I was wondering the same thing.. If some links are easier, will there be new 1 framers for us?

Axis

hitsugi said:
I was wondering the same thing.. If some links are easier, will there be new 1 framers for us?

yeah, along with making existing 1 framers easier...like stand close fp->c.lk would be 2frames...along with c.fp->fs.mp and cs.mp->c.fp...apparently far standing HP is now cancellable as well...can't wait!

USD

What's the best place to go for frame data? I like the SRK wiki listing, but some of the numbers are wrong and the special properties (invincibility frames, etc.) for attacks for many characters aren't listed. I've been using sfframedata.com to double-check numbers, but it has less info overall (no damage numbers, etc.). I need my Super Theory Fighter IV.

MrMephistoX

schennmu said:
Wow, stupid. I will wait if this gets fixed. What good are the costumes for if you can't show off a bit?

Eh I could kinda care less as long as I can see the costumes I don't really care about impressing strangers.

USD said:
That would be cool. I ran into DBJ randomly (first I ran into Liquid SRK, it actually wasn't as bad, though I still lost every match :lol), would be cool to play some more GAFers. I probably won't be on again today, I've got some stream monstering to do. :lol

Gamertag: Self Deception

On a separate note, fuck Ken. I block crossup, it's a jump fierce. I block in front, it's a jump forward.
Was I playing Chun? >_>

But yeah, just head over to the IRC every once in a while. Pretty much all of the higher level gaffers are in there.

USD

dragonballjoseph said:
Was I playing Chun? >_>

But yeah, just head over to the IRC every once in a while. Pretty much all of the higher level gaffers are in there.
You were playing Fei, I was playing Guile, and doing a horrible job of keeping you out. :lol I haven't played online in like 2 months (training mode warrior :lol), doesn't help that I suck and I still haven't replaced my FightPad (fuck yeah, 360 controller).
_dementia said:
I bet he doesn't plink.
I've seen some of his ranked matches with input display on, he definitely plinks.

USD said:
You were playing Fei, I was playing Guile, and doing a horrible job of keeping you out. :lol I haven't played online in like 2 months (training mode warrior :lol), doesn't help that I suck and I still haven't replaced my FightPad (fuck yeah, 360 controller).
Oh... that was you...
>_>;

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AkumaHokoru said:
It isn't that it passes through them. The hitbox on the ultra only goes up to her legs...yes...her actual feet have no hitbox on them. you have to hit with atleast ankle. Also...no hitbox behind her...at all...fucking stupid. thanks capcom. eat my dick. >.>

I'd love to see this

- normal counters get the counter frames of the EX counter
- EX counter works like Kowloon's Prediction from Hon-Fu (auto-combo) in RB2.
- fireball change that was listed

- bigger hitbox on U2

- EX dive kick homes and has less startup

hitsugi

_dementia said:
so you do care

I bet he doesn't plink.
He usually does, but sometimes he doesn't.. Then again, this is the guy that did that ridiculous infinite loaded with 1 framers back in vampire savior: where plinking didn't exist

hitsugi

If the title of #1 Sako fanboy didn't belong to B-izm on SRK, I'd definitely be calling it.

Looking forward to seeing how he handles the unpredictable US playstyles at SCR

Gr1mLock

Passing metallic gas
hitsugi said:
If the title of #1 Sako fanboy didn't belong to B-izm on SRK, I'd definitely be calling it.

Bizm plays a crazy good guy too..

Steaks

hitsugi said:
He usually does, but sometimes he doesn't.. Then again, this is the guy that did that ridiculous infinite loaded with 1 framers back in vampire savior: where plinking didn't exist
Sako is one of the five gods for a reason :D
hitsugi said:

Is that a nice way of saying "sloppy?" I doubt anyone but a select few people will put up a fight, no offense. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though.

kensk said:
Is that a nice way of saying "sloppy?" I doubt anyone but a select few people will put up a fight, no offense. I'll be glad to be proven wrong though.
WAKEUP ULTRA! WELCOME TO AMERICA!

AZ Greg

Re: Vega equipment loss/toss:

Vega without claw loses range (which can hurt combos) and damage. Vega without mask gets a 10% damage buff, but a 20%-25% defensive nerf.

There are 2 reasons to toss off your claw. 1.) Reset its knockoff counter. That is, when you suspect your claw is close to being knocked off, if you get breathing room, you can throw it off and pick it back up to reset that counter so you don't have it knocked off at a bad time. 2.) Taunt. There are 2 reasons to toss off your mask. 1.) You're losing a round by a lot and need a huge comeback. In that situation the defensive nerf won't really hurt you as you're near death anyway and looking for a miracle. 2.) Taunt.

Pro
Troll
tip: The vexcombo: J.HP/HK > St.HP xx Mask Toss/Claw Toss > Walk up throw.

USD

kensk said:
2D god > five gods.

And just as a reminder, this week's GGO#2 matches, the final week:

Saturday
6:30 AM EDT - Umehara VS YHC Mochi
8:30 AM EDT - Sako VS Uryo

Sunday
9:00 AM EDT - Umehara VS Mago

CURRENT RANKS:

Code:
Mago:	4-0
Sako:	3-1
Uryo:	2-2
Daigo: 	1-2
Mochi:	1-3
Momochi:1-4
If Mago wins or Sako loses, Mago takes it and the $6000 first prize. If Mago loses and Sako wins, there will be a playoff FT10 at a later date.

USD

AZ Greg said:

Vega without claw loses range (which can hurt combos) and damage. Vega without mask gets a 10% damage buff, but a 20%-25% defensive nerf.
It was 10%/25% in Vanilla, but in Super it's 10%/10%, so it's an even split. If you're a good Vega, you can just throw the mask off at the start (when you have the meter for it) and be fine.

Axis

AZ Greg said:

There are 2 reasons to toss off your claw. 1.) Reset its knockoff counter. That is, when you suspect your claw is close to being knocked off, if you get breathing room, you can throw it off and pick it back up to reset that counter so you don't have it knocked off at a bad time. 2.) Taunt. There are 2 reasons to toss off your mask. 1.) You're losing a round by a lot and need a huge comeback. In that situation the defensive nerf won't really hurt you as you're near death anyway and looking for a miracle. 2.) Taunt.

Pro
Troll

i love you, too

AZ Greg said:

Pro
Troll

Thanks for the info. What is the knockoff counter by the way? First hit after X number of blocks and the claw falls off?

SmokeMaxX

Kaako said:
Has there been any talks of Dan buffs lol? Gotta give my boi something at least.
Actually yeah- his Jump Taunt goes higher.

I'm still waiting for them to allow him to Super Jump Taunt Cancel his moves like Viper.
St. mk SJTC Super xx Ultra.

AZ Greg said:
2.) Taunt. There are 2 reasons to toss off your mask. 1.) You're losing a round by a lot and need a huge comeback. In that situation the defensive nerf won't really hurt you as you're near death anyway and looking for a miracle. 2.) Taunt.

3) Your opponent just messed up so badly, you got enough time to remove the mask before you punish. :lol

Kapwan

Neo Member
SnowWolf said:
Any guesses for that big SRK or EVO announcement tonight? I'm thinking a major sponsor is involved, maybe even something to do with MLG.

http://shoryuken.com/content/wakeup-shoryuken-live-tomorrow-10-27-7pm-pst-10pm-est-2221/

I'm pretty sure they are going to announce the details for Evo Japan. They haven't talked about it since they announced they were pushing the date back to Spring 2011. MLG is highly unlikely to be involved given how the SF community feels about them.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
SnowWolf said:
Any guesses for that big SRK or EVO announcement tonight? I'm thinking a major sponsor is involved, maybe even something to do with MLG.

http://shoryuken.com/content/wakeup-shoryuken-live-tomorrow-10-27-7pm-pst-10pm-est-2221/

Nope... and....

Kapwan said:
I'm pretty sure they are going to announce the details for Evo Japan. They haven't talked about it since they announced they were pushing the date back to Spring 2011. MLG is highly unlikely to be involved given how the SF community feels about them.

Nope.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom