• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokeMaxX

Satyamdas said:
LOL snafoo is the truth, son! You just don't know. I'm sure Art will gladly cosign on snafoo's skills. Between this and your protip for Mochi vs. Daigo, I'd say your opinions on Sim are kinda ehhhhhhhhhhh.
Lol... It's obvious that Daigo was pushing Mochi into the corner and it's obvious that Mochi was trying his butt off to stay out. The problem is that it wasn't good enough for what? 8 out of the matches. A 7-3 matchup is still a 7-3 matchup and it shouldn't have been as close as it was. Sure Daigo's good, but Mochi's godlike as well.

Anyway, Snafoo seems alright. I didn't say he was bad. He's just not as good as alot of the other Dhalsim's I've seen. His spacing and use of normals isn't there yet. Could he beat my ass? Sure, but that doesn't mean he could beat top players in various other countries. I'm sure he's a great player. He just doesn't impress me spacing wise like Arturo or Mochi.

Satyamdas

Banned
SmokeMaxX said:
Lol... It's obvious that Daigo was pushing Mochi into the corner and it's obvious that Mochi was trying his butt off to stay out. The problem is that it wasn't good enough for what? 8 out of the matches. A 7-3 matchup is still a 7-3 matchup and it shouldn't have been as close as it was. Sure Daigo's good, but Mochi's godlike as well.

Anyway, Snafoo seems alright. I didn't say he was bad. He's just not as good as alot of the other Dhalsim's I've seen. His spacing and use of normals isn't there yet. Could he beat my ass? Sure, but that doesn't mean he could beat top players in various other countries. I'm sure he's a great player. He just doesn't impress me spacing wise like Arturo or Mochi.
You think Sim/Ryu is 7-3? You wrote it twice so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a typo. I guess I shouldn't expect you to see the excellent spacing and use of normals by snafoo if you honestly think Sim has that much of an advantage over any character, much less Ryu. Sim does not have even one 7-3 match in the game, and Ryu/Sim is not even 6-4. I'd say 5.5-4.5 in Sim's favor at best.

And I'm not trying to clown or start shit, just happened to see you comment on Sim shit twice in a row and disagreed completely with you. My bad if I came off like a douche.

N4Us

haunts said:
holy shit, the end of this video is so funny.. daigo vs bonchan

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4RUY21SSCAo

:lol

Kinda reminds me of what happened today: Was playing against a friend's Makoto and he was about to hit me with U1, tried to get out of it but fucked up my motion, and so in between the startup animation and Makoto punching me, I pull a Tiger Scar.

Staying in my replay slot forever.

SmokeMaxX

Satyamdas said:
You think Sim/Ryu is 7-3? You wrote it twice so I'm pretty sure it wasn't a typo. I guess I shouldn't expect you to see the excellent spacing and use of normals by snafoo if you honestly think Sim has that much of an advantage over any character, much less Ryu. Sim does not have even one 7-3 match in the game, and Ryu/Sim is not even 6-4. I'd say 5.5-4.5 in Sim's favor at best.

And I'm not trying to clown or start shit, just happened to see you comment on Sim shit twice in a row and disagreed completely with you. My bad if I came off like a douche.
Whoops, I was thinking about Dhalsim-Guile (which is 7-3 according to the EventHubs tier list). Either way, Dhalsim-Ryu is pretty bad too (6-4 in Eventhubs AND Iplaywinner tier lists) with AfroCole feeling the matchup was 7-3 for Sim in Vanilla when Ryu was better and Sim was worse.

And since you're dissing me by saying that I can't see spacing because I think Sim has a really big advantage over another character (this argument doesn'te ven make sense), Guile has to come in on Dhalsim. Dhalsim can yoga fire all booms and can trade (in his favor) limbs for boom. Guile has to get in on Sim which isn't his game and Sim can run away better than Guile can get in.

Anyway, Arturo has great spacing. Mochi has great spacing. The times I watched Snafoo, he didn't have great spacing. His spacing was enough to win (good spacing), but I don't think it was "best in the world" class or anything which is what I'm comparing him against (Mochi/Art).

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Show em why you're the best baby!

♥
2j60izb.gif
♥

zlatko

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
it was in response to what bangmydong(zlatko) was posting in the chatroom.
:lol I was trolling with anti Canada stuff yeah. Saying they drink syrup, ride sled dogs to and fro places, were toothless hockey nuts, and that they were America's backyard. I believe I also said something like Canada was formed entirely from Native American feces.

I told them though I was trolling just for lulz and they seemed alright with it. :lol Although they did say Art was free, but that RB wasn't. (Forgot what the full name of RB is, but some Canadian player beat him at Evo salty suite)

Anyways it'll be interesting to see how Canadians top players mix things up in the coming tournaments if they show up more to represent.

USD

Wow, I forgot how lop-sided the Mago matches were. Only Sako managed to take more than 3 games against him, taking 7. 2D god.

SmokeMaxX

Hitokage said:
No, because close standing MK is listed as +5 and Ken's U2 starts up in 7.
Close Medium Kick HL 70 100 40 Sp*Su 8 3 12 -1 +7 Forces stand

Ultra 2 HL 75 * 17x9 * 23 * 225 0 0/0 - 1+6 2(5)93 8+42 -40 D 1~7f invincible

Satyamdas

Banned
SmokeMaxX said:
Whoops, I was thinking about Dhalsim-Guile (which is 7-3 according to the EventHubs tier list). Either way, Dhalsim-Ryu is pretty bad too (6-4 in Eventhubs AND Iplaywinner tier lists) with AfroCole feeling the matchup was 7-3 for Sim in Vanilla when Ryu was better and Sim was worse.

And since you're dissing me by saying that I can't see spacing because I think Sim has a really big advantage over another character (this argument doesn'te ven make sense), Guile has to come in on Dhalsim. Dhalsim can yoga fire all booms and can trade (in his favor) limbs for boom. Guile has to get in on Sim which isn't his game and Sim can run away better than Guile can get in.

Anyway, Arturo has great spacing. Mochi has great spacing. The times I watched Snafoo, he didn't have great spacing. His spacing was enough to win (good spacing), but I don't think it was "best in the world" class or anything which is what I'm comparing him against (Mochi/Art).
Obviously snafoo is not "top of the world" class. I'm just saying the dude just played mad solid vs. KarambaJulien, JS Master, Art, and others. And since it was just your opinion that he wasn't impressive, I shouldn't have worded my post like I did as if I decide whether someone should be impressed or not.

But pulling out Eventhubs and iplaywinner tier lists? Really dude? Sim/Guile being 7-3 for Sim? That shit is ludicrous bruh. Your analysis of the match is a bit off as Guile is actually one of the worst characters for Sim to get into a fireball war with. Guile can throw booms just as fast as Sim throws Yoga Fires, and he also recovers almost twice as fast so he can advance a lot easier than you think. Sim does not run away easily in that matchup at all. If Guile can push Sim to a corner and stay just inside half screen distance from you, he has a pretty good means of preventing your escape and he can put good pressure on. By the same token Sim can trap Guile pretty easily if he gets him into a corner. That match is probably one of the closest to a pure 5-5 as I think Sim has in the game, and is nowhere near a 7-3, I don't care who came up with that tier list.

SmokeMaxX

Satyamdas said:
Obviously snafoo is not "top of the world" class. I'm just saying the dude just played mad solid vs. KarambaJulien, JS Master, Art, and others. And since it was just your opinion that he wasn't impressive, I shouldn't have worded my post like I did as if I decide whether someone should be impressed or not.

But pulling out Eventhubs and iplaywinner tier lists? Really dude? Sim/Guile being 7-3 for Sim? That shit is ludicrous bruh. Your analysis of the match is a bit off as Guile is actually one of the worst characters for Sim to get into a fireball war with. Guile can throw booms just as fast as Sim throws Yoga Fires, and he also recovers almost twice as fast so he can advance a lot easier than you think. Sim does not run away easily in that matchup at all. If Guile can push Sim to a corner and stay just inside half screen distance from you, he has a pretty good means of preventing your escape and he can put good pressure on. By the same token Sim can trap Guile pretty easily if he gets him into a corner. That match is probably one of the closest to a pure 5-5 as I think Sim has in the game, and is nowhere near a 7-3, I don't care who came up with that tier list.
I never said he was bad. He's supposedly the best Dhalsim in Canada and I can believe it. I'm just saying, I'm judging him alongside the best in the world and that's where he pales in comparison.

As for the Eventhubs/Iplaywinner tier lists- That's all we got to go on for now and the Iplaywinner one is made by FilipinoChamp (second best USA Dhalsim) while Eventhubs one is supposedly from Japan I believe.

And for Guile-Sim, all I can go on is what I've read. From what I've seen, Guile does NOT have an easy time with this matchup since Dhalsim can either avoid sonic booms (jump into drill/yoga tower), match booms (yoga fire), or trade in his favor with limbs. Can Guile advance? Maybe. I don't know how fast Yoga Tower recovers, but I see it used a lot at high levels so I assume it's pretty much safe if you use it to avoid a boom. For running away- I assume if Dhalsim gets cornered, he can yoga fire and then teleport while Guile is in blockstun so he doesn't get punished. This is just a guess though.

Anyway, I would say you know the Guile-Dhalsim matchup better than me for sure. However, I wouldn't be too quick to discount the tier lists either. I think they know the matchup far better than both you and me.

KajunW

Mago has figured Daigo out. He seems to maximize all opportunities to punish little mistakes.

Daigo has no way to do decent damage -- fireballs/low forward->fireball are rendered nearly useless by Mago.

Yeah, don't see Daigo winning this now.

I have no idea what Daigo can do to beat Mago's Fei. Up close, Fei has a great focus attack. He has ways around the fireball game and can close the gap really fast. His mix up game is really strong in the corner as well.

SmokeMaxX

:lol Mago's showing those who said that he was only strong in Vanilla because of his character.

On the flipside... now there will be people saying "nerf Fei" and Capcom will give his Rekkas -10 on hit.

KajunW

Both Mago and Sako have won 7 a in row against Daigo. Ye-ouch.

Daigo finally stopped that streak, but....he's still getting his by rekkas over and over again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom