• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
Guile, Deejay, Chun-li, Seth, Zangief

Specifics:

* Their shit beats your shit

Strategy:

* You're basically fucked.

Overall:

2.5-7.5

I guess you havent seen floyd' Dudley... his block strings makes guile look like a training dummy, once he is in forget it and he will get in easy believe me! I play dudley also and guile is an easy match up, a good chun migh be a bit harder but still not difficult its all about ducking into madness... look at floyds technique he can blockstring like I never seen!

vg260

DarkoMaledictus said:
I guess you havent seen floyd' Dudley... his block strings makes guile look like a training dummy, once he is in forget it and he will get in easy believe me! I play dudley also and guile is an easy match up, a good chun migh be a bit harder but still not difficult its all about ducking into madness... look at floyds technique he can blockstring like I never seen!

Hm, any videos online? More Guile tips?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Ploid 3.0 said:
When you pick Dudley he is thereby called The Rock. His People's Elbow is just too hard to stop. Also your walk up throw/tick throw is too deadly. You seemed to beat us into submission. Good stuff.

His air is good, but I was dumbfounded at some gaf ryu player, I could not jump at all... all my attempts got me DP into FADC ultra. Had to play ground game only and even that was a nightmare... had some Daigo style reaction times. Hard hard battles!!! Ended up going like 3-20 or something. At high level ryu is a nightmare! Lol what I thought was a safe jump at some distances really didn't work :(

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
2&2 said:

We usually play floyd on latenight psn gaf so we see it all the time :). He usues duck, fadc, blockstrings to no end. When I go guile against him keeping him out it almost impossible, and once he gets in its back up and try to place a hit into his blockstrings... very very difficult. Nightmare matchup for my guile. Against other dudleys np I guess but he knows the door to guiles death lol

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Gyrian said:
11uyhqq.jpg

Original post with Tourney information

Update

I'd like to gather some feedback on the following, so get thinking. :]

5kktcp.jpg

Potential Prizes

I've scrounged up a few items that could stand in for the Grand Prize.

opt1.jpg

Tira, Kos-mos, or Lily Kane Gashapon figurines.

opt2.jpg

Classic PSO Gashapon figurines.

opt3.jpg

Dracula Best 2 Album, has the complete soundtrack to Castlevania IV and the first two Gameboy entries. Our only Capcom® prize?

optfloyd.jpg

If favorite pretty boy Floyd wins the Tourney.

optpanda.jpg

If favorite oily moe Panda wins the Tourney.

Format

I'm leaning to 5 round games, for fairness and to add more meat to the event.

Participants

Please make sure to confirm your entry. I still have a few players with an implied understanding that they will be there.
If you can't make it, we can use the space for someone else wanting the spot.

Commentator

We might have this via PSN mic, if you guys would like to see this.
The only guarantee there is that I won't be out there to out-do Sessler, haha.

Remember to kill the music in the audio settings before you hop in the Tourney.
If your setup is anything like mine, it's virtually impossible to hear a mic speaker through the usual in-game sound.

Post Game

It doesn't look like we have anyone with a capture card that can record the matches.
We'll have to make do with off-camera for the time being.

Looking forward to tomorrow night, get hype! :]

Cool tourney Gyrian, I'll see if I can make it. Working in the day and not sure if I have to attend a dinner with friends, but if I can make it I ll be there!

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Sako with that comeback. That was the definition of downloaded. People were calling him "Sucko" at the beginning. :lol

Next up is going to be like Farms vs Art all over again. Sorry Art. :lol

Imm0rt4l

DarkoMaledictus said:
really? I'm pretty sure that matchup is in guiles favor, Floyds Dudley is just that nice. space booms well, throw a jab after to stuff ducking, reversal during openings and if you feel your gonna be baited fadc out of it. Don't abuse throw, air throw may be good but I'm not entirely sure. You might be trying to throw/tech him during his ducking because he mixes up throw and dashing upper, should only be done on reaction, but you have a good reversal so it shouldn't be a problem.

2&2 said:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oE-k3uQI_ug#t=5m25s

this is what floyds pressure looks like, when he bodies me. I had more matches I promised him I'd upload but I don't have my capture device on hand.

Kadey said:
Sako with that comeback. That was the definition of downloaded. People were calling him "Sucko" at the beginning. :lol
It was really interesting to watch. Sako showed a couple new tools as well, esp after he went up a set or 2.

Imm0rt4l

Kadey said:

yea those last 5 or 6 games, sako pretty much said "fuck your shenanigans, and your couch"

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Imm0rt4l said:
really? I'm pretty sure that matchup is in guiles favor, Floyds Dudley is just that nice. space booms well, throw a jab after to stuff ducking, reversal during openings and if you feel your gonna be baited fadc out of it. Don't abuse throw, air throw may be good but I'm not entirely sure. You might be trying to throw/tech him during his ducking because he mixes up throw and dashing upper, should only be done on reaction, but you have a good reversal so it shouldn't be a problem.

this is what floyds pressure looks like, when he bodies me. I had more matches I promised him I'd upload but I don't have my capture device on hand.

That is just it, he doesn t just mix ducking into upper or throws he fadc ducking into combos, ducks into block strings, safe jumps and mad mixup on makeup. Once he gets in its light out. Flash kick wont save you in this match up. And booms will have to be space out extremely well. My duds had problems with guile in the beginning, its been a long long time since I had problems with them...

DarkoMaledictus said:
His air is good, but I was dumbfounded at some gaf ryu player, I could not jump at all... all my attempts got me DP into FADC ultra. Had to play ground game only and even that was a nightmare... had some Daigo style reaction times. Hard hard battles!!! Ended up going like 3-20 or something. At high level ryu is a nightmare! Lol what I thought was a safe jump at some distances really didn't work :(

that's the problem right there, you can't safe jump Ryu. (with Dudley and a lot of characters)
respect the 3 frame reversal.

if you expect the uppercut you CAN just overhead his ass though, it'll trade with the uppercut in your favor (you get a knockdown)

basically Dudley's bad matchups fall into two groups:
Group A: charge characters
Groud B: Dhalsims

most of the other matchups are very winnable, and out of the charge chars, I think DeeJay or Claw might be the nicest to you.

Guile in no way is an easy matchup, you must be playing shitty online Guiles. If they lame and wait you can't really do shit, and his standing Fierce beats duck attempts all day.

By the way, is there a way to OS backdashes with Dudley? Cause I'm tired of fighting people that backdash and I have to guess to punish it

Imm0rt4l

viewtiful_dru said:
that's the problem right there, you can't safe jump Ryu. (with Dudley and a lot of characters)

if you expect the uppercut you CAN just overhead his ass though, it'll trade with the uppercut in your favor (you get a knockdown)

most of the other matchups are very winnable, and out of the charge chars, I think DeeJay or Claw might be the nicest to you.

Guile in no way is an easy matchup, you must be playing shitty online Guiles. If they lame and wait you can't really do shit, and his standing Fierce beats duck attempts all day.

By the way, is there a way to OS backdashes with Dudley? Cause I'm tired of fighting people that backdash and I have to guess to punish it
floyd would probably know, but I'm pretty sure there is an option select involving cr. rh into ducking straight on backdash after a combo or target combo on hit, and sweep on backdash.

and I agree Guile is not easy for dudley at all, you gotta work to get in, Guile can LTSO as my man Eraldo Coil would so eloquently put it.

viewtiful_dru said:
Kidney punch OS Sweep/either Ultra

Kidney punch has a lot of stun so the options won't come out if you connect.

If block ->block string
If hit ->roundhouse xx money
in backdash -> sweep/ultra

Imm0rt4l said:

I see, but Gouken is a really easy matchup.

vg260

DarkoMaledictus said:
We usually play floyd on latenight psn gaf so we see it all the time :). He usues duck, fadc, blockstrings to no end. When I go guile against him keeping him out it almost impossible, and once he gets in its back up and try to place a hit into his blockstrings... very very difficult. Nightmare matchup for my guile. Against other dudleys np I guess but he knows the door to guiles death lol

Is this a regular meetup? Probably couldn't hang paying, but I'd love to show up and spectate.

Imm0rt4l

God's Beard said:
Kidney punch OS Sweep/either Ultra

Kidney punch has a lot of stun so the options won't come out if you connect.

If block ->block string
If hit ->roundhouse xx money
in backdash -> sweep/ultra

I see, but Gouken is a really easy matchup

I know :( , Gouken is free for dudley and most rushdown characters and charge characters, so that wasn't really the best indicator of his skill.

2&2 said:
Is this a regular meetup? Probably couldn't hang paying, but I'd love to show up and spectate.

if you're on psn then yea it's pretty regular, always at late night. To get an invite to psn gafchat request me as a friend so I may invite. GODHAND04

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
viewtiful_dru said:

Worst hands down it probably dhalsim and Honda. That's my toughest matchups by far with duds. Dictator also gets an honorable mention for being a total dick against Dudley ;).

Also the overhead will work on upper, but its really hard timing... most of the time you will just get flat out hit out of it. Pulled it a few times, but its hard to time perfectly.

hitsugi

Why is sako so good? still really wish he'd be going up against Daigo's Ryu in the finals D: but sako vs mochi should be interesting

Imm0rt4l

hitsugi said:
Why is sako so good? still really wish he'd be going up against Daigo's Ryu in the finals D: but sako vs mochi should be interesting

I hear daigo still wants to play some exhibition matches, so maybe we'll finally see the two play.

hitsugi

Imm0rt4l said:
I hear daigo still wants to play some exhibition matches, so maybe we'll finally see the two play.

yeah but then if Sako wins it'll just be oh it was just exhibition doesn't matter it was Daigo's friend

someone really needs to go drag that guy out to the arcades

@Gyrian

7CST is good time that or 10PST either I think are good times, that's usually when everyone is there.

I'm fine with either though....

Kadey said:

Is there video of this? I have never heard of this.

And watching the Sako vs. Makoto match right now.

The Daigo vs. Mochi was definitely one-sided at the beginning. Daigo started to rally but it seemed like he wasn't well versed in the matchup, which is probably why he almost lost to Sabin at Evo. Right now, matchups seem to be Daigo's weakness. His execution and footsies are still amazing.

Imm0rt4l

hitsugi said:
yeah but then if Sako wins it'll just be oh it was just exhibition doesn't matter it was Daigo's friend

someone really needs to go drag that guy out to the arcades

something something japanese honor

I suppose an exhibition ft10 wouldn't mean as much, but I'm sure neither would sandbag with their names on the line. I'm sure they'd respect each other that much. Hopefully sako makes it to EVO Japan, not that they're paths would undoubtedly meet as I don't think Daigo will win EVO Japan.

Spiderjericho said:
Is there video of this? I have never heard of this.

And watching the Sako vs. Makoto match right now.

The Daigo vs. Mochi was definitely one-sided at the beginning. Daigo started to rally but it seemed like he wasn't well versed in the matchup, which is probably why he almost lost to Sabin at Evo. Right now, matchups seem to be Daigo's weakness. His execution and footsies are still amazing.
He apparently spent some time practicing with Dhalsims after he lost to Art at EVO 2009. Matchup knowledge is no excuse in this case.

hitsugi

Imm0rt4l said:
something something japanese honor

I suppose an exhibition ft10 wouldn't mean as much, but I'm sure neither would sandbag with their names on the line. I'm sure they'd respect each other that much. Hopefully sako makes it to EVO Japan, not that they're paths would undoubtedly meet as I don't think Daigo will win EVO Japan.

This is true.. No point in sandbagging for either of them even if it were just an exhibition. Especially Sako with all of the hype surrounding him

the_log_ride said:
What's this? What's going on?
DSP announced that he would be attending the battlegrounds tournament we are attending and linked the stream I have been battling youtube monsters (who are worse than stream monsters) all morning.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
viewtiful_dru said:

I think Rose can do good vs Dudley also, though Rose has to play lame.

What I don't get is why Ryus do well vs Roses. That matchup deserves to be 7-3 Rose (she's the anti-shoto in design) but ends up 4-6.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Evo Japan? Interesting, any foreigners going there?

Sounds like Art is trying to get money together to go. I'd be surprised if Marn and Justin don't try to put money together for it.

bigmit3737 said:
Who is DSP?

darksydephil AKA the guy who plays SF on youtube and bitches a lot. You can google his youtube channel. I'm not linking it.

prodystopian said:
Sounds like Art is trying to get money together to go. I'd be surprised if Marn and Justin don't try to put money together for it.

darksydephil AKA the guy who plays SF on youtube and bitches a lot. You can google his youtube channel. I'm not linking it.

That's it?

EDIT:

Just saw his videos...he has over 7000 youtube videos.

Pretty good match between Makoto and Sako. Sako adjusted to the matchup after about 10 games and it became elementary after that in utilizing his character's strength in the matchup and his stellar execution.

The finals should be interesting. Mochi's keep away and control versus Sako's blitzing and punishers.

And I think EG should send Marn, Justin and Ricky to Evo Japan. I don't think they'll place high (maybe Justin). Japan is crazy. And it's not like the U.S. players no all the hungry wolves in Japan. A relatively unknown Chun took out Daigo at NSB. And most had no idea who Mochi was before GG. We all regarded Iyo as Japan's top Dhalsim player.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
as far as im aware, godhand, seph and floyd are in this tourney. im totally not favoured to win.

i can probably take godhand just because i dont think he's even seen my hakan before and sak footsies have generally leveled up to the expense of execution, but it takes pixy magic to pull games from seph and floyd and it'd take a whole boatload to beat both of em in a row. :(

but that moe~ figure... i'll be damned if i dont try!

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Panda, I think you can take Hakan to glory. Unfamiliarity coupled with you being good with him makes me a believer. And don't forget to switch up Ultras every now and then--soo many times I've done U2 point blank on purpose cuz peeps were so conditioned/terrified of U1 they try to jump straight up to avoid it not remembering or noticing I've switched. :lol

Also, you may have mentioned it, but used sparingly, f+HK works well for reset shenanigans off jumping MP. And cr.LP combos into slide on counter hit iirc...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom