• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ploid 3.0

Pandaman said:
gg's the log ride.

the_log_ride (dhalsim) vs Pandaman (sakura) set 1:
5 - 0.

styled on me in a series of 5 seconds left on the clock matches, some were sooo close, some were so rage enducing but none were 2 wins out of three. ;_; gg's, sak goes into workout mode, thankfully a couple gaffers have offered to help. like ploid who put up with me for 23 matches. o_O thanks man.

The_log_Ride (dhalsim) Vs Pandaman (Hakan) set 2:
3 - 5.

immediately after the sakura matches, hakan just up and dosed the two of us in oil. two wins out of the gate and business had officially picked up. awesome matches here and i think i exploited every hakan getincloseandhugem gimmick i know of in these matches, safe slides into grabs were the real money maker as i tried to get log into thinking he could grab slides at certain ranges, when the time came safe slide into ultra 1 won me the last two games. so hype.

GG's man, looking forward to future sets! tho the set count is tied, i see it as 8 - 5 and a win for you, cant have that now can we. guess we'll just have to do a few more sometime, eh? :D

I'm used to it. Used to play Kobunkun from 12am to 3-5am here and there. But with blanka :(

Anyway, I was also trying to learn. Still can't do divekick lk fp into galaxy tornado with ruf. Darn lk to fp is hard to hit.

Axis

anyone wanna play a few? GT: vexco

Ploid 3.0 said:
Anyway, I was also trying to learn. Still can't do divekick lk fp into galaxy tornado with ruf. Darn lk to fp is hard to hit.

plink FP~MP after the lk and it'll make it easier

All the GafChat guys know this already, but i have coined a new term.

Everyone knows RTSD

And thats good if you like rushdown

But i have coined "LTSO" for Lame that shit out.

Due to my lame style of playing, unparralled ability to kill the timer and never ending patience. i felt we "lamers" needed a term for us.

LTSO Baby!!!!!! Fuck yo rushdown! :lol

apologize if acronym has been in use already....haha

Also.....ggs to the usual late night crew, sorry i had to leave early tonight.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Ploid 3.0 said:
sakura has the same link, but with cr.lk. fricken annoying. luckily cr.lk can cancel into pretty much everything but fireball and still combo, so you can ignore the damage for functionality.

also that blanka had me raging since it was 19-3 and i really wanted that 20th win. :lol luckily you were feeling the sudden switch in styles and i got the win anyway.

EraldoCoil said:
All the GafChat guys know this already, but i have coined a new term.

Everyone knows RTSD

And thats good if you like rushdown

But i have coined "LTSO" for Lame that shit out.

Due to my lame style of playing, unparralled ability to kill the timier and never ending patience. i felt we "lamers" needed a term for us.

LTSO Baby!!!!!! Fuck yo rushdown! :lol

apologize if acronym has been in use already....haha

Also.....ggs to the usual late night crew, sorry i had to leave early tonight.
i'll use your acronym if you agree that 'FANCy combo'[focus attack normal cancel... y] > srk's 'crisco combo' for hakans oiled focus attack - dash - normal cancel combos.

I've decided i'm going to start rocking out the deejay in the future. Hes just bison with a projectile and no teleport, cant go wrong. My only question for the users here is this:

I've seen quite a few combo videos with DJ, but how many of these combos see use in a normal match? Using the S.Lk seems like a good way to add a bit of range to some normal links, but its pretty easy to gauge when the crouching medium punch wont hit, so you can just go jab jab jab into air slasher. His wake up game isnt bad from what ive seen, low air kicks and low dreads seem fairly safe, obviously his ex air legs are gat lyke if someone is jumping in on you, hit them for free.

Any general tips?

Nose Master

Good lord, I hate the tourney player drama. It's why I avoid SRK like the plague. Please leave that shit there.

In other news, finally getting decent at FADCing on stick. I hate relearning everthing :(

Tashi

343i Lead Esports Producer
stabicron7 said:
lol yeah though I don't post all that much. Usually too much going on and I am too lazy to wade through 5 pages a day :p
Lol yea i usually stick to SRK for my SSFIV chat but I occasionally pop in here. I'm looking forward to my next lesson in how to get my ass kicked by Bison hahaha

Morris

Disco Devil
GGs GafChat

Today was a good day for my Dudley, didn't dropped a lot of links and my rushdown was on fire, I also just hit the 10k bp mark :D

Can't wait for the mini tourney!

AZ Greg said:
Pulled the trigger on the ASUS monitor from last year's EVO. I have a couple of A/V questions I'm hoping someone here can help me with.

1.) Are all HDMI cables really the same? I remember reading that they were when everyone was buying the cheap Monoprice cables. Only reason I ask is because all the HDMI cables I see in stores, cheap and expensive, have a bunch of different specs. I'm currently just using the HDMI cable that came with my 360 Elite when they launched and was wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade.

2.) Being that the monitor is 1920x1080 I'm not sure what the optimal configuration is in terms of the 360's display settings (My current TV is 13XXx7XX). With SSF4 in mind of course. And are the settings something that should be switched on a game by game basis?

Thanks!

Also, gonna be starting an XBL lobby if anyone wants in!

Just set your xb360 to 1080p in the system settings and you should be fine.

toypop

Rentahamster said:
Did you listen to the japanese commentary? They were talking about your dhalsim.

Yeah it was around 1:53:30 to 2:02:00 on http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/8310199
Rough translations of that interesting tidbit below.

(Commentator) A listener asks you if you learned something from Sabin vs Daigo MM

(YHC-Mochi) Well, hmm.. in short conclusion Sabin is much better than me. You know he is really good at "dealing" (to opponent's attacks), his reaction speed is far superior than me.
Yeah he's really good, but... what can I say, I'm not saying that I'm better at other areas or he's worse than me overall. But he had lost to Daigo.
This is really hard to explain.. but the point might be how-what-when make which moves or such. As you could see in this match I made a lots of mistakes like anti-air or drills, yeah I admit that I did bad moves so many times. But I think I managed to do some moves with "meanings" in some key points successfully.
Hmm we(me and Sabin) are different types so it's not simple "Who is better".
My thought is.. this game is "How to reduce opponent's health" game, not "How to manage opponent's move in several scenes" game. so this is the one.
If I add more I always make attempt to execute my moves not relying on reflex speed. So, this might be my point if I can say.

(C) My thought is, when I watched you two's match for a comparison, I thought Sabin is really good in some scenes in some sets in some games, delivers best answers.
If you compare these key moves/scenes as a dots and these dots will make a line in final match, you'll win. Sabin made many of good dots but his dots didn't make a line at the end of whole match.
These dots and lines thingy is what Daigo always says and Mochi wants to practice to do.

(M) We're not talking that Sabin is bad, he really is excellent and his "dealing" ability is top-class, no matter in Japan or in USA. I was really impressed by that MM movie.
But since I know I can't do the same dealing like him, so I can't win the game by similar "tactics", so I have to put my effort on making my own "strategy". When I was in Mago match, I was trying to see the whole match from a bigger perspective, so as this time.
I believe there are something that you'll notice while keep using Dhalsim only.
For example, when you failed anti-air, and you have to guard their attack, which normally other Sims can deal with it, this in other view, you successfully made your opponents have "This jump attack works to this Sim" mind.
If I could successfully make him think that and I remember, I can handle really important scenes like when the opponent believes his making come back and pick his jump attacks to win.
Sometimes it's intentionally, sometimes not, but I always keep these kind of things in my mind.

(C) When you re-watched this match, Daigo changed his style after Mochi had large advantage in first five games,
It took Mochi two games to address the issues properly, the great thing was Daigo kept trying to make these games not let Mochi adjust it instantly.
That was really interesting, this shows he sure knows how to manage whole "match", I'm really enjoying this ftw 10 match rules to watch these mind games as well.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
God's Beard said:
Hey MarkMan, can you set up an XBLA fight between me and Daigo? I've perfected an anti-Ryu strategy with Dudley that's guaranteed to work, catered towards Daigo's playstyle. 9-1, guaranteed.

I want to play exactly one match with him on Endless Battle, then I'll never accept a rematch in order to ensure my invincibility.

lol

CcrooK said:
I want a Team Spooky and Mad Catz shirt. :( :(

I want a TS one too! Sp00ky why didn't you hook me up at EVO!

We have some sizes left of the Mad Catz shirt:

http://store.gameshark.com/listCategoriesAndProducts.asp?idCategory=332

Kadey said:
If he does I'll punch him in the face.

I'll be waiting for you in the morning fields.

Just put on that thing I like. We can do morning fields.

Ploid 3.0

DarkoMaledictus said:
Another solid night psn gaf, thanks for all the games! Best games in town ;)!

When you pick Dudley he is thereby called The Rock. His People's Elbow is just too hard to stop. Also your walk up throw/tick throw is too deadly. You seemed to beat us into submission. Good stuff.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Man, I had no idea that the Daigo-Mochi match went down yesterday, was out all day and night yesterday.

Already know the winner because of reading around, but I'm gonna check the video out now, it's gotta be good...

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Makoto is wielding Vega ridiculously.

I would hope to have execution half as good as one of these players seriously.

Art sleepy as hell and he is blazed up on top of that. Hype is impaired

MThanded

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
Kadey said:
Strap on? o.0

Makoto currrently beating on Sako. Like wow.
:lol :lol

Evo japan is going to be the tournament of death. Eff the bracket of death.

That chick from the triforce vid is in the stream. They are putting Triforce on blast in the chat.

Leunam

GGs to the gentlemen I played last night. Panda, Ploid, and the guy using Dee Jay. I don't know what the hell I'm doing against him.

V_Arnold

Damn, I ran out of gold, and stores are not open in weekend. No credit card made compatible with internet payment.... : (

Anyone has some 48 hour code?

MarkMan said:
Ok, ok, I'll compromise. You can make it a normal match and we'll see how fast he adjusts. First to 3, standard issue. If I absolutely have to, I'll go down to his favorite first to 10 system, as stressful as that sounds.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Oh what the hell.

I watched the Daigo-Mochi fight (so damn good by the way - and I don't know how people can hate Blanka when Dhalsim can do the things he does) and now I see that I just missed Sako vs. Makoto...

Damnit, now I gotta wait AGAIN, and missed out on the live chat...

Skilotonn said:
(so damn good by the way - and I don't know how people can hate Blanka when Dhalsim can do the things he does)

Because Blanka gets damage through gimmicks and Dhalsim gets damage through proper zoning over a period of time. If anything deserves hate for being legitimately good, it's Super Guile. It might be just because I play Dudley and Fei Long, but that shit sucks.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
never bothered learning Super Gen match-up so...

is his new Ultra(dive kick) an overhead?

that thing always hits me, on the rare occasions i meet a Gen .

ViktVaughn said:
do we have a list of xbl gamertags for ssfiv or do i just need to sift through the two threads? :lol

We do. There are at least 2 threads in the Online / Matchup section of GAF (There's also a specific one for Europe, but hardly any posts in there):

Super Street Fighter 4 SCRUB Thread of Fresh Meaty Goodness

• The Official Super Street Fighter 4 Matchmaking Thread •

You'll probably find more to add in the 2nd thread.

Pandaman said:
gg's the log ride.

the_log_ride (dhalsim) vs Pandaman (sakura) set 1:
5 - 0.

styled on me in a series of 5 seconds left on the clock matches, some were sooo close, some were so rage enducing but none were 2 wins out of three. ;_; gg's, sak goes into workout mode, thankfully a couple gaffers have offered to help. like ploid who put up with me for 23 matches. o_O thanks man.

The_log_Ride (dhalsim) Vs Pandaman (Hakan) set 2:
3 - 5.

immediately after the sakura matches, hakan just up and dosed the two of us in oil. two wins out of the gate and business had officially picked up. awesome matches here and i think i exploited every hakan getincloseandhugem gimmick i know of in these matches, safe slides into grabs were the real money maker as i tried to get log into thinking he could grab slides at certain ranges, when the time came safe slide into ultra 1 won me the last two games. so hype.

GG's man, looking forward to future sets! tho the set count is tied, i see it as 8 - 5 and a win for you, cant have that now can we. guess we'll just have to do a few more sometime, eh? :D

edit: haha I fell asleep last night reviewing match videos... Always an exciting Friday night for me! -_-;

GGs indeed, Panda. Thanks for the sets, and I'm sure you were burned out previously. I don't think I could've kept it together had I played almost 30 matches previous to these.

Set 1 (Sim v. Sak): So many rounds came down to the wire, this set could have easily gone to the max possible amount of games.

Set 2 (Sim v. Hak): Man, you really had me trained with those slides. You knew when to let me punish, then when you were ready, set up the Ultras. Some close rounds, too. I had the most success when I was able to stuff your slides. You made me pay for the sloppy yoga fires, too. Very fun set of matches!

I'm sure we'll have plenty more matches to come, and I hope I can bring up a 2ndary to play with, too. I know people can get bored playing against 'Sim at times.

Gyrian

11uyhqq.jpg

Original post with Tourney information

Update

I'd like to gather some feedback on the following, so get thinking. :]

5kktcp.jpg

Potential Prizes

I've scrounged up a few items that could stand in for the Grand Prize.

opt1.jpg

Tira, Kos-mos, or Lily Kane Gashapon figurines.

opt2.jpg

Classic PSO Gashapon figurines.

opt3.jpg

Dracula Best 2 Album, has the complete soundtrack to Castlevania IV and the first two Gameboy entries. Our only Capcom® prize?

optfloyd.jpg

If favorite pretty boy Floyd wins the Tourney.

optpanda.jpg

If favorite oily moe Panda wins the Tourney.

Format

I'm leaning to 5 round games, for fairness and to add more meat to the event.

Participants

Please make sure to confirm your entry. I still have a few players with an implied understanding that they will be there.
If you can't make it, we can use the space for someone else wanting the spot.

Commentator

We might have this via PSN mic, if you guys would like to see this.
The only guarantee there is that I won't be out there to out-do Sessler, haha.

Remember to kill the music in the audio settings before you hop in the Tourney.
If your setup is anything like mine, it's virtually impossible to hear a mic speaker through the usual in-game sound.

Post Game

It doesn't look like we have anyone with a capture card that can record the matches.
We'll have to make do with off-camera for the time being.

Looking forward to tomorrow night, get hype! :]

Gyrian

kiryogi said:
7pm cst? Gah too early!

This is something I'm wanting feedback on as well.
I picked this time because it felt like we could gather enough people for a slow Sunday afternoon / evening.
Not easy to get everyone online all at once, even for late night GAF.

For reference, what would've worked best for you?

gibration said:
Hey, I'm in! I got myself an extra sanwa button so it's all good now. :)

That's excellent! Welcome back to the road to Victory. :]

micrometaru.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom