• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

XenoRaven

Spiderjericho said:
Pretty good match between Makoto and Sako. Sako adjusted to the matchup after about 10 games and it became elementary after that in utilizing his character's strength in the matchup and his stellar execution.

The finals should be interesting. Mochi's keep away and control versus Sako's blitzing and punishers.

And I think EG should send Marn, Justin and Ricky to Evo Japan. I don't think they'll place high (maybe Justin). Japan is crazy. And it's not like the U.S. players no all the hungry wolves in Japan. A relatively unknown Chun took out Daigo at NSB. And most had no idea who Mochi was before GG. We all regarded Iyo as Japan's top Dhalsim player.
I don't consider Y24 "unknown". But I watch a lot of SF videos so maybe I'm familiar with some players other people aren't.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
bob_arctor said:
Panda, I think you can take Hakan to glory. Unfamiliarity coupled with you being good with him makes me a believer. And don't forget to switch up Ultras every now and then--soo many times I've done U2 point blank on purpose cuz peeps were so conditioned/terrified of U1 they try to jump straight up to avoid it not remembering or noticing I've switched. :lol

Also, you may have mentioned it, but used sparingly, f+HK works well for reset shenanigans off jumping MP. And cr.LP combos into slide on counter hit iirc...
ill try to represent the oil king well.

and i did not mention it, infact i saw it for the first time yesterday in ranked, hakans stuff is so crazy even i kept falling for some of them. :lol

its just that, gaf has such a hardon for chun and i hate fighting chun with hakan. srsly, why couldn't rose be the gaf bicycle. :\

bob_arctor said:
What makes Hakan scary is that nobody is scared of him. Next thing ya know you're oily as fuck and being shot out his ass.
Truth.
2u8crpz.jpg

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
AFAIK the only real Rose users here are Arturo, Saqs, and somewhat myself.

One of these is not like the other...

Ploid 3.0

One time while playing Panda's Hakan in a tournament, I kept falling for his air counter s.fp. Don't know why I kept thinking it was a lucky hit but he took off so much of my health because I kept trying to dive kick him. s.fp look so slow that I was surprised it worked for him. Also Hakan look like he wouldn't harm a fly. Hakan is a better comedian than Dan.

cHaotix8

DarkoMaledictus said:
I guess you havent seen floyd' Dudley... his block strings makes guile look like a training dummy, once he is in forget it and he will get in easy believe me! I play dudley also and guile is an easy match up, a good chun migh be a bit harder but still not difficult its all about ducking into madness... look at floyds technique he can blockstring like I never seen!

I just played a local Guile who went 8-2 at Evo and won twice out of like 12 matches. No way in hell is that an easy matchup.

KajunW

Imm0rt4l said:
something something japanese honor

I suppose an exhibition ft10 wouldn't mean as much, but I'm sure neither would sandbag with their names on the line. I'm sure they'd respect each other that much. Hopefully sako makes it to EVO Japan, not that they're paths would undoubtedly meet as I don't think Daigo will win EVO Japan.

Who would win then? Mago, Momochi? Daigo surely is still one of favourites to win it.

Though I wonder how much the Evo double game / double elimination format will still bring out the best. Luck still plays a big part in street fighter (more than say, tennis), and given the small differences between the top players, Evo Japan might still have a surprise winners. As good as Daigo (or insert other top player here) is, he doesn't dominate his field much like Federer did in tennis (to keep up the analogy). It's the nature of the game.

God's Beard said:
He apparently spent some time practicing with Dhalsims after he lost to Art at EVO 2009. Matchup knowledge is no excuse in this case.

He probably has plenty of knowledge. It just seems to me that Sim is a tough matchup for him in general, whether it be ST (Cole, Gian, KKY etc), A3, or SF4 (Iyo, Sabin, Mochi). Sabin said it was even 5.5:4.5 in Sim's favour, I believe. If Ryu can't get in, he's toast. And to get in, he more or less has to play a guessing game.

cHaotix8

viewtiful_dru said:
that's the problem right there, you can't safe jump Ryu. (with Dudley and a lot of characters)
respect the 3 frame reversal.

if you expect the uppercut you CAN just overhead his ass though, it'll trade with the uppercut in your favor (you get a knockdown)

basically Dudley's bad matchups fall into two groups:
Group A: charge characters
Groud B: Dhalsims

most of the other matchups are very winnable, and out of the charge chars, I think DeeJay or Claw might be the nicest to you.

Guile in no way is an easy matchup, you must be playing shitty online Guiles. If they lame and wait you can't really do shit, and his standing Fierce beats duck attempts all day.

By the way, is there a way to OS backdashes with Dudley? Cause I'm tired of fighting people that backdash and I have to guess to punish it

A good Ryu will use mp DP so when it trades you'll get knocked in the air and it will reset the situation, which means ryu's favor. I think Shoto>Dudley Matchups are 4.5-5.5 in Shoto favor except for Akuma simply because how good crouching forward is.

You can punish backdash with a meaty step straight which can link into all kinds of crazy nonsense.

hitsugi

XenoRaven said:
I don't consider Y24 "unknown". But I watch a lot of SF videos so maybe I'm familiar with some players other people aren't.

gamerbee was considered pretty unknown before this year's EVO but yeah, if you watch random youtube channels you're more likely to know of these people

Hey guys i just got this in the mail, after all the evo hype i just had to buy it. Any scrub battles going on tonight in XBL id love to hop in! GT: KafkaRock ill be on in about an hourish for a good long while having a blast so far.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
arstal said:

And Texas Duckie.

Guile/Dudley is definitely in favor of Guile. Sonic boom, standing fierce and forward are your primaries.

kafka rock opera said:
Hey guys i just got this in the mail, after all the evo hype i just had to buy it. Any scrub battles going on tonight in XBL id love to hop in! GT: KafkaRock ill be on in about an hourish for a good long while having a blast so far.

head over to the online section of GAF. There's a thread with everyone's Gamertags... (you can probably find a link to it a page or two back in this thread, as well)

AZ Greg

GGs to jam, alc, and sti taker.

Sorry I didn't play more taker, but our connection just isn't very good. Anytime I went for a df.HK -> throw it was a free combo for you and anytime I tried to do wake-up mix-up shenanigans that started with something meaty it was a free throw for you. :\

And jam, you really need to get over your throw obsession. :lol You're the only person I've ever seen play Juri like she's Zangief. Knockdown -> repeated obvious cross-ups until opponent wakes -> throw. You're just leaving way too much damage on the table. So many times you'll hit with a jump in then a crouching light attack and then just throw. I end up getting hit by a lot of them since it's just something you don't expect, but as you can see, it isn't enough to consistently win matches, just enough to squeak out a win or two here and there. I also think you're playing a bit too reactionary. Everything you're doing seems to be a counter to me as opposed to an offense you want to apply on me. There was a round when you started using that one kick that would stuff all my moves, but it was only working because you were counting on me relentlessly rushing in. And I stupidly was which is why it hit so much the first round you used it. But then you kept using it and it was easy to whiff punish. But that move and the way you were using it is what I mean by playing too reactionary as opposed to dictating your own offense. That style is also why there were times I could walk up and throw you a bunch of times in a row. :lol

Anyone else on XBL want some matches? Tag is AZ Greg

Pepto said:
My T.Hawk is getting better. Already over 1000 pp. :D

Only if I could learn how to do the ultra consistently...

You don't have to do it fast, and you don't have to do a full 720, just go a bit past the 360. It's actually really easy if you think about what you're doing and get beyond the butter churn stage. Just spin the stick then hit the button at the right spot.

the_log_ride said:
Props to Panda's Hakan. I'm a believer.
Yeah, Panda stepped his game up hard with Hakan. Glad he never gave up on him. I'm more afraid of his Hakan than that scruby reset princess Sakura. Shit, the Tournament we had a few days ago was very classic. Floyd's U2 with Akuma miss Panda's Hakan while he was dizzy, and Panda U1 his ass FTW. Paid's of being oily.....

AZ Greg

Relix said:
Well damn that was worse than the usual lag. Fuck :lol

At least you can back dash to escape everything. I'm the one getting hit by what should be unsafe jump-ins and millions of unblocable hazanshus. :lol Oh, and that cr.lk x2/3 -> ex legs -> ultra that cost me a round was BS, it shouldn't have come out between my df.HK -> throw. :p

Finally decided to sink some hard practice into the Fightpad I got a while back. Night and day difference from the 360 controller.

For the first time, I consistently pulled off Chun's U1 on both sides and when I didn't, it was because I hit the wrong button. I feel like He-Man right now...

Killa Sasa said:
Is Sako-Makoto worth watching? I need some anti-Vega tech but apparently these weren't his best games?
he starts weak, adapts, then just styles all over Makoto. I found it really intersting to watch as a (low-quality) cammy player.

arstal said:

jlai is also a really good Rose player.
Which reminds me that I need to play him a lot more, because the winner of the last ATL Revivals was a Rose player, and I need all the experience I can get.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Forgot Spooky was streaming.

Playing Super while doing other things, I wasn't paying too much attention and next thing you know my pp is down by over 1000. :lol

explodet

As a peanut gallery Hakan user on GAF, I like where this thread is going. I've almost never used his U1 because frankly I have more fun with the second one, seeing how many attacks try and fail to beat it keeps me playing the guy.

I have seen *one* thing beat his U2 that I thought would... Bison's U1. I'll run some more tests on it but the Psycho Crusher at the end nailed me when I thought it'd oil him up but good.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
explodet said:
As a peanut gallery Hakan user on GAF, I like where this thread is going. I've almost never used his U1 because frankly I have more fun with the second one, seeing how many attacks try and fail to beat it keeps me playing the guy.

I have seen *one* thing beat his U2 that I thought would... Bison's U1. I'll run some more tests on it but the Psycho Crusher at the end nailed me when I thought it'd oil him up but good.
if he was far enough for the double scissors to whiff and you immediately ultrad, you might have just ran out of time.

ShinobiFist said:
Yeah, Panda stepped his game up hard with Hakan. Glad he never gave up on him. I'm more afraid of his Hakan than that scruby reset princess Sakura. Shit, the Tournament we had a few days ago was very classic. Floyd's U2 with Akuma miss Panda's Hakan while he was dizzy, and Panda U1 his ass FTW. Paid's of being oily.....
dont you talk about sakura like that! if it wasnt for her there'd be no hakan! if it wasnt for her standing by me in sf4, i would never have believed in the oil king!

she's always there for me when i need her. ;_;

explodet

Pandaman said:
if he was far enough for the double scissors to whiff and you immediately ultrad, you might have just ran out of time.
That's what I think happened too. I'll run a test in training. I'd hate to give up the phrase "oil beats everything". :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom