• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
God's Beard said:
Normals-only Fei Long Instant Replay of the Day: You Must Be Like Water

dscf3076nutl.gif
crossup from the future :O

Threi

notag
I won't lie it's rather hard to stay positive with deejay.

Only thing that i can find solace in is that the majority of problems are my fault, not the chars, and i am not good enough for his weaknesses to become apparent yet.

But damn I would kill for someone in NA to use him and surprise people like how every other char does :(

LowParry

Bison fo'life. The change though with this U2 is gonna be interesting however. Suppose I better prep now by using U1. But...the anti-shoto killer move............ :(

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Morro! said:
Nope, the first time you play someone with a new alt, a box pops up and straight up just tells you to go buy the costumes if you wanna see them.

That was a dumb move by capcom... game should of been updated with all the costumes. If you can't see other players use them you wont buy them either. DLC should be only for using the costumes not for seeing them on the opponents... Oh capcom how much you have to learn!

Same goes for dlc chars, don't segment the users, just update all versions to arcade and limit access to these new chars to the dlc owners only ... simple and will give free publicity.

No bigger incentive than getting owned by a characters you can't select, until you buy into the dlc...

DarkoMaledictus said:
That was a dumb move by capcom... game should of been updated with all the costumes. If you can't see other players use them you wont buy them either. DLC should be only for using the costumes not for seeing them on the opponents... Oh capcom how much you have to learn!
It is like that on Xbox (where you can see the outfits without buying them), isn't it?

Threi

notag
don't they tell you to dl the free catalog on xbox, not buy the costume pack?

Anyways i believe they made it optional because unlike the previous DLC, this one isn't on the disk. I don't think people want to wait around to dl a 150mb update when they start up the game, so they made it optional and give that message when someone else has it and the data just isn't there. What I don't get is why they don't just make the catalog for all the alts instead of the first 3 sets.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Threi said:
don't they tell you to dl the free catalog on xbox, not buy the costume pack?

Anyways i believe they made it optional because unlike the previous DLC, this one isn't on the disk. I don't think people want to wait around to dl a 150mb update when they start up the game, so they made it optional and give that message when someone else has it and the data just isn't there. What I don't get is why they don't just make the catalog for all the alts instead of the first 3 sets.

Is there even a catalog on ps3?

TimeKillr said:
Yeah JS Master has a beastly Rog.

I can second that. He's also arguably within the top 2 players in Canada right now (it's basically a tie between him and Chi-Rithy).

What about Air? He just came back from Japan.

Natural

BotoxAgent said:
Guy is hard to get used to. Even though I play him a lot, I still lose to scrubs i know I am better than just cuz of Guy's shortcomings.

This!! I've been maining Guy since Super came out and it's the most frustrating thing ever losing to shit people. Still though, it's fun using him, only just realised recently too that his cr. mp beats all of Blanka's horizontal balls (haven't tried on EX ball), which makes Blanka matches slightly less annoying! :D

vulva

Threi said:
<3 <3 <3 <3 sfex2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SrTkhgPmRGQ
get pullum in this game capcom

and speaking of top canadian players, got destroyed by rebelo's guile and deejay. Airthrown out of knee shots :lol

*edit*

this EX2 Guile combo fuuuuuuuuuuu

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZaP5qjQOXA&t=7m20s
Rebelo's hilarious. Dude just loves gambling on sf. at t11 the whole time he would bet on anyone/anything.

Also, he was pretty proud of his Deejay "How good of a sub is that for someone who mains Guile!?"

simtmb

Had plans to buy another copy for 360, PAL version this time around (online community seems kinda dead on PSN here in AUS, but PS3 version would always be the version I'd play the most due to friends).

Originally bought PAL SFIV CE (PS3), got shared the complete alternative pack. When Super came out, bought the JP CE (PS3), so couldn't use my PAL DLC.

After seeing the new costume release dates, thought over it, and it seems buying the game again, but PAL PS3 version (and buy the DLC afterwards) would basically save me money then trying to get the DLC from JP PSN :lol

Dunno what to do, as i actually like these alternate costumes xD.

TimeKillr

KS Seven X said:
What about Air? He just came back from Japan.

I don't know Air much. Apparently he's the west coast's top SF player - I've never seen him play and sort of know him only by reputation. There's a ton of drama going on with the Canada Cup over on the Montreal thread on SRK with a lot of TO and MTL players saying that Canada Cup being in Calgary is shit because the best players in Canada (most of whom are all in Montreal and Toronto) can't go. More expensive than going to US east coast tourneys and all...

If Air is that good, then it's probably a shuffle between Chi-Rithy, JS Master and Air for top 3 in Canada. Montreal has a ton of other crazy good players too - FreddyL0C0, prez, snafoo, Rameo... I know a few Ontario players too, like BuddahForce, are pretty beastly too.

MightyKAC

Since my Vega's getting hit hard with the nerf bat I've been trying to level up my Ibuki. I'm loving the speed and options and the overall metric fuck-ton of custom combos she can do. Now I'm just working what to once I get the opponent knocked down.

Anyone know any decent Ibuki strats?

MightyKAC said:
Since my Vega's getting hit hard with the nerf bat I've been trying to level up my Ibuki. I'm loving the speed and options and the overall metric fuck-ton of custom combos she can do. Now I'm just working what to once I get the opponent knocked down.

Anyone know any decent Ibuki strats?

Raida fucking everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom