• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

~Devil Trigger~ said:
wait...i did'nt get the Guile, Fei Blank alt 2 pack, but i see them online?! wassup with that
All of the Alt 1s and 2s are on the disc, so you can see them, purchase or not. The newest costumes, however, can only be seen if you either buy the costume packs or (on 360) download the costume catalog.

Domstercool

~Devil Trigger~ said:
wait...i did'nt get the Guile, Fei Blank alt 2 pack, but i see them online?! wassup with that

If it's anything like the 360 version. The first DLC contains all 35 Alts. The other packs you buy are unlock keys for the first Ultra DLC.

USD

I just noticed that the necklace on Ryu's Alt 3 has a different (Japanese) number for each color, based on the color number (most likely).

Threi

notag
for people who upload HD vids on youtube: how big are they usually and how long does it take? Even with my SD easycap i feel like I am uploading too much and it's not worth the time it takes (my uploads are usually between 150-200mb in size per match). So you are looking at about 2-3 mins to capture a match, 10-15 mins to resize in virtualdub, and another 20 mins to upload to YT. I need to shorten up the time.

But then again I only have 0.5mbps upload :(

"for people who upload HD vids on youtube: how big are they usually and how long does it take? Even with my SD easycap i feel like I am uploading too much and it's not worth the time it takes (my uploads are usually between 150-200mb in size per match). So you are looking at about 2-3 mins to capture a match, 10-15 mins to resize in virtualdub, and another 20 mins to upload to YT. I need to shorten up the time."

Depends, youtube's upload is kinda finnicky and slow for me some times. My vids are about 150-200mb per match.

SephirothRK said:
seriously awesome. VRyu's Makoto.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MCfF8w7dHUY

cross up U2 :lol

Wow, boss. He's definitely a Makoto expert. Can't think of another Mak at his level. He's got a good grasp of the footsies, mixups, combos, frame traps, etc.

Wait...I hope that isn't riding...

So about four hours until SoCal regionals. I'm hoping NerdJosh wins it all.

And it looks like the costume release schedule has been changed thanks to fan feedback.

CO_Andy

Spiderjericho said:
Wow, boss. He's definitely a Makoto expert. Can't think of another Mak at his level. He's got a good grasp of the footsies, mixups, combos, frame traps, etc.
There was that one japanese player... what was his name?

marathonfool said:
Is there SoCal Regional tonight? Anyone have a schedule?

I hope they archive it, I probably won't be able to catch most of it.

a stream will be up for level up at 6 pm pst

CO_Andy said:
There was that one japanese player... what was his name?

BIGDANMUL is from south korea.

DryEyeRelief said:
a stream will be up for level up at 6 pm pst

Will, Nerdjosh be at a station crushing the West Coast? Team Spooky for the FTW.

Screw Attack had a top 10 online console games. They listed SSFIV as #9, but I know the Blazblue folks would dispute this (and the HDR guys too).

zon

Protocol Snow said:
Team USA vs. the World redux will be held this weekend, though this time it's a 4v4. Sako, Daigo, Tokido, Gamerbee vs. unannounced Cali team

So it's basically Team US vs Team Japan? :p

But it's not really a world or U.S.

More like Japan/Taiwan vs. California.

Hmm...this is going to be a lot closer than SB5 now that Choco isn't around. Wish they had a Uryo, Mago, etc on their squad.

Cali is probably going to be Valle, Ross, Wong and Marn or Ricky.

USD

I had no idea that Makoto could even cross-up with UC2 before that video.
Spiderjericho said:

Hmm...this is going to be a lot closer than SB5 now that Choco isn't around. Wish they had a Uryo, Mago, etc on their squad.

Wong and Ricky are a must in my opinion. Ross I would keep for how well he did in the last exhibition. If anything, it's Valle and Marn scrapping for the last spot, if I was picking the members.

zon

Spiderjericho said:

Hence the word "basically". :)

Hopefully Marn is in the group with his dudders, it's fun to see not as popular characters being played.

zon said:
Hence the word "basically". :)

I hear you. But no Dieminion, Yipes, Evil Rasaan, the Goat (NerdJosh), Min, Inthul, FlashMetroid, Sanford, Chris Who (Hu), Arturo Sanchez. No Texas since they're busy with they're thing.

But definitely some killers with choices like Shizza, Valle, AndyOCR, Mike Ross, Wong, Marn, Ortiz, Vangief, Filipinochamp, etc.

USD

Yeah, at least Season's Beatings had a bit of the West Coast. Pretty much no one from the East Coast is going to SCR.

USD said:
Yeah, at least Season's Beatings had a bit of the West Coast. Pretty much no one from the East Coast is going to SCR.

Hype levels comparable to Bar Fights with the East vs. West could've been renewed with the top five East players going (Flash, Sanford, Art, Marlin Pie/Ryder/Andre/Dieminion).

One of the things missing from Evo 2K10 was the 5V5 matches from 2K9.

USD

~Devil Trigger~ said:
i thought Andre and Sanford were gonna make it...
I hope they go. I heard Yipes wanted to go as well (not sure if he actually is though). Need somebody to rep Beast Coast.

Axis

Spiderjericho said:
Hype levels comparable to Bar Fights with the East vs. West could've been renewed with the top five East players going (Flash, Sanford, Art, Marlin Pie/Ryder/Andre/Dieminion).

One of the things missing from Evo 2K10 was the 5V5 matches from 2K9.

why is flash considered top 5 on the east coast? i really don't think he is...i'd take marlin/ryder/andre/dieminion over him all day

Axis said:
why is flash considered top 5 on the east coast? i really don't think he is...i'd take marlin/ryder/andre/dieminion over him all day

If you're going by OG and SSFIV, then Flash has consistently placed high in tournaments. Marlin just started getting shine. Andre has been consistent since IV but again not a high finisher like Peter. Die has really been doing well as of late with his Guile.

But if we're going as who's the hottest player coming up right now then it's probably either Marlin or Dieminion.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom