• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Threi said:
wtf @ hakan's grabs randomly whiffing at point blank range
UAVOg.jpg

Threi

notag
Pandaman said:
what do you mean randomly?
well it's happened to me but I was talking about that DSP vs chun match, DSP did an EX oil grab right next to chun (I don't mean near chun, i mean right next to her) and it just completely whiffed.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Imm0rt4l said:
panda, it seems that you're a prophet. My ps3 YLOD'd just a moment ago.
:(

sometimes you can get some extra life out of it by booting up with the disc eject button. i dont know why, but it worked when my first ps3 YLODed.

well it's happened to me but I was talking about that DSP vs chun match, DSP did an EX oil grab right next to chun (I don't mean near chun, i mean right next to her) and it just completely whiffed.
i dont think it was an EX, i didnt see the flash anyway.
but yea, the rule is unoiled grab almost always whiffs on crouched opponents.

hitsugi

Imm0rt4l said:
panda, it seems that you're a prophet. My ps3 YLOD'd just a moment ago.

never even heard of this.. however, my ps3 slim does make popping sounds now and then so who knows wtf I'm in store for

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
It seems like such a pain to get that first oil with Hakan. What if they made it so that Hakan starts oiled up from the start of the match?

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
Rentahamster said:
It seems like such a pain to get that first oil with Hakan. What if they made it so that Hakan starts oiled up from the start of the match?
dont always fish for oil, haks normals are not so terrible unoiled that you should look for it at the expense of spacing or damage.

i rarely if ever oil outside of a setup or a jab360.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Rentahamster said:
Its odd cuz on ranked so many people retreat when the first round starts that a lot of times I get a free oil. otherwise, like panda said, don't fish for it and use restraint--you don't always have to be oiled to pull off a win.

GriffD17

Out of all the characters I tried giving a go with so far, Sakura definitely gives me the biggest trouble. 1000 BP achievement? Hrm. Do I give up? She always looked so fun too.

Sp00ky, please don't spend your hard-earned fight money taking Strife out on a date to a fine establishment such as McDonalds. You need that food for yourself so you can win the next Melty tournament :-(

GriffD17 said:
Out of all the characters I tried giving a go with so far, Sakura definitely gives me the biggest trouble. 1000 BP achievement? Hrm. Do I give up? She always looked so fun too.
She's a bag of one-frame links.
And on another note, realized first hand why Cody has an advantage over Vega. Jumping off the walls at all is a bad idea agaisnt BINGO!

And GGs Greg and Jlai, would play more but interwebs said no.

Kimosabae

Banned
WHAT THE FUCK IS UP WITH LIVE. I can't be the only person having problems these passed few nights. Timing is off on the most simple of links.

man, i am not feeling this Box Arena stream.....

soooo many Blankas, Blanka balling and random ultraing everywhere.

this is straight up free for Marn and Mike Ross.

AZ Greg

GGs jlai. Yeah, I took off cause the lag, a storm is about to hit so I'm assuming that's what's causing it. As annoying as Rufus is to fight with Vega, I really need that match-up experience. You'll have to whip him out some more when we play again. It's extra hard for me to fight him cause I want to be aggressive, but that's just asking for trouble. When I played back and used standing MK and standing HK I had some good success.

And GGs earlier DBJ. Holy shit, you're secondaries get in my head like a flowchart Ken. I keep going deer in the headlights when you would throw out those focuses. I kept thinking no way he'll keep doing it, especially after I ultra punished a few, but you kept doing it and I kept getting tagged. :(

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
How did DSP do in this tourny?

Edit: What's this about him commentating? Any links?

Ledsen

hitsugi said:
gamerbee was considered pretty unknown before this year's EVO but yeah, if you watch random youtube channels you're more likely to know of these people

Y24 regularly attends japanese tournaments and is well known in Japan at least, but I guess you're right in that he's relatively unknown compared to the likes of Daigo and Mago.

AZ Greg said:
DBJ. Holy shit, you're secondaries get in my head like a flowchart Ken. I keep going deer in the headlights when you would throw out those focuses. I kept thinking no way he'll keep doing it, especially after I ultra punished a few, but you kept doing it and I kept getting tagged. :(
I taught Daigo.

Pandaman said:
she is not. >_>

bag of links yes, but all of her one framers can be replaced with an easier normal. >_>
Let me re-phrase this, if you want to be beast with her, you need to know those links.
And speaking of Sakura, I came up with a combo for her that would work for the Maj challenge on Seth.

j.fierce > st.fierce xx EX Shouken > FADC> st.forward xx lk tatsu > st.fierce xx lk tatsu > cr.fierce xx EX tatsu > Sakura Otoshi x3
Now Seth is Dizzy and you gained back a bar of meter, so now you do:
j.fierce > st.forward xx lk tatsu > st.fierce xx lk tatsu > cr.fierce xx EX tatsu > Ultra 2

Since I don't really have a capture device, I can't do it. :(
I've for some reason been able to hit Sakura's one-framers as of two days ago consistantly. ^_^

And for some reason, Seth's cr.jab > cr.strong link never wants to work for me online. =/

ultim8p00

Banned
It's amazing how many times I've been close to loosing, only to randomly taunt and then buffer an ultra only to win. No matter how many times I loose, anytime I pull that shit it makes my day. I wish I had a capture card.

cHaotix8

Dammit Greg. Just when I think I've found some glimmer of hope, you take it away. Good games as always.

And I could of sworn I was teching all those grabs at the end.

nycfurby

Dhalsim's Max CPM Emporium
thanksk for the translated mochi interview
is there any way to search on these forums besides crappy google search?

AZ Greg

cHaotix8 said:
Dammit Greg. Just when I think I've found some glimmer of hope, you take it away. Good games as always.

And I could of sworn I was teching all those grabs at the end.

GGs.

I liked the "Fuck it, I ain't gonna put up with mix-ups!" mentality. :lol I think you woke up with a headbutt/uppercut in 90% of those situations.

I was getting careless in the end. I really need to stop chasing people when I'm winning. Also, that crouching normal of Dudley's that stuffs izuna drops/2 hit claw slashs is a pain in the ass. :(

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
dragonballjoseph said:
Let me re-phrase this, if you want to be beast with her, you need to know those links.
i 90% disagree.

And speaking of Sakura, I came up with a combo for her that would work for the Maj challenge on Seth.
this maj stuff is one of the good examples i use for people who claim sakura got buffed, she used to stun seth for free in sf4, now her old and easy meaty fireball stun combo requires a counterhit or a double fadc when out of the corner [higher initial investment, but you build a stock and change back before stun sets]

j.fierce > st.fierce xx EX Shouken > FADC> st.forward xx lk tatsu > st.fierce xx lk tatsu > cr.fierce xx EX tatsu > Sakura Otoshi x3
200x1.0
120x1.0
140x.0.8=112
100x0.7=70
100x0.6=60
120x0.5=60
100x0.4=40
120x0.3=36
140x0.2=28
70x0.1=7
70x0.1=7
70x0.1=7

her old stun combo still does more for less meter:
fadc
150x1.0
200x1.0
120x0.8=96
100x0.7=70
120x0.6=72
ex 140x0.5=70
200x0.4=80

her new combo being:
fadc
120x0.8=96
100x0.7=70
120x0.6=72
110x0.5=55
fadc
120x0.4=48
100x0.3=30
120x0.2=24
200x0.1=20

even a counterhit couldnt fix your combo, so am i missing something here? did you count the full 200 off of ex srk? remember you cant include airborne hits that are unfadcable, you only get 30 extra stun from a fadc'd ex than a fadc'd fierce srk.

Now Seth is Dizzy and you gained back a bar of meter, so now you do:
j.fierce > st.forward xx lk tatsu > st.fierce xx lk tatsu > cr.fierce xx EX tatsu > Ultra 2

Since I don't really have a capture device, I can't do it. :(
if you are aiming for damage, might aswell ult 1. :p

but yeah, i crunched the numbers shortly before super came out and its almost always not worth it to extend combos with st.mk. srk fadc should also be reserved more for getting in imo.

remember those extra attacks not only have to make up the lost stun on a hp, but also the extra percentage lost on all moves to follow. more is not better.

I've for some reason been able to hit Sakura's one-framers as of two days ago consistantly. ^_^
as far as 1framers go, they're surprisingly autopilotable, there's a nice pause thanks to the animation of the shunpakyu there was a match yesterday where i swear my eyes actually unfocused and i still got a perfect and hit my links. :lol

And for some reason, Seth's cr.jab > cr.strong link never wants to work for me online. =/
ugh. and the damn body splash [neutral jumping mk]. i swear attack buttons outprioritze directional buttons online. :lol

I actually did the combo and stunned Seth. Don't remember what the stun. I initially finished it with a j.RH, but Seth was twenty-something points away from dizzy if I remember correctly, so I remedied it with the Otoshi, and that barely stunned him. And I used U2 because it wasn't in vanilla. But the way you put it, since Seth would have already been dizzy earlier in my combo, ultra 1 should be acceptable.

And you have to use the one-framers to be beast with Sakura because it's much more hype. ^_^
Although I still can't do: st.mk xx lk tatsu > st.mk xx lk tatsu consistently for the life of me.

ALC

Neo Member
AZ Greg said:
GGs to jam, alc, and sti taker.

GGs AZ Greg. Always impressed by how you make use of Vega's deceptive range. I know you directed this advice to Jam but playing too reactionary is definitely something I need to get over as well. I was eating a lot of counterhits because its easy to get baited when relying on reaction too much. My gameplan was to try to mixup jump ins with j.FP, j.FPx2, Hasan-Shu, and empty jumps but in our matches I felt my ground/footsie game was sorely lacking.

GGs to you too Jam. Don't get to play the Juri matchup often so definitely a good learning experience. Hope to see more from you in future.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Natural said:
Euuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh, just been handing out free wins on Live.. Man I hate having a break and coming back and being shit.

It's just one of those days.......kinda like you playing a game but not really feeling it but you're playing it anyway because because.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
dragonballjoseph said:
I actually did the combo and stunned Seth. Don't remember what the stun. I initially finished it with a j.RH, but Seth was twenty-something points away from dizzy if I remember correctly, so I remedied it with the Otoshi, and that barely stunned him.
you dropped your combo somewhere or you didnt let the stun fully bleed, i rechecked those stun numbers in training mode for ssf4.

in sf4, otoshi was the better idea, but ex shunpakyu and otoshi both had a massive stun nerf in ssf4.
200 -> 140
100+100+80 -> 70+70+70

in ssf4 at that levels of scaling, you'd get one extra point of stun out of an otoshi over a roundhouse. :\ at lower scales roundhouse is always better. kinda sucks because my stun counting is still out of wack because of these nerfs.

its seriously fucked up imo. sakura was at the worst tied with viper as the best stun character in sf4[imo she wasnt tied, she just was], now she's a joke in stun.
And I used U2 because it wasn't in vanilla. But the way you put it, since Seth would have already been dizzy earlier in my combo, ultra 1 should be acceptable.
ult 1 got a damage buff and since its a styling combo, thats the one you should use. it wont make a huge difference, maybe 20 points. :lol

And you have to use the one-framers to be beast with Sakura because it's much more hype. ^_^
Although I still can't do: st.mk xx lk tatsu > st.mk xx lk tatsu consistently for the life of me.
i usually drop the lk.tatsu because im so used to starting at 2 when it comes time to cancel. i cant convince my 4frame timing muscle memory to borrow my 3frame timing muscle memories QCB motions. >_>

Okay, just went to training mode and did the entire combo. You may have something off, because everything combo'd and the first combo did exactly 750 stun. When I finished the second part into Ultra 1, I got a grand total of 611 damage.

Thank you Capcom.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
dragonballjoseph said:
Okay, just went to training mode and did the entire combo. You may have something off, because everything combo'd and the first combo did exactly 750 stun.
yea, i counted otoshi stun without remembering o account for scaling.
new otoshi is 70 70 100 versus the old 100 100 80. that 100 is the 3 extra stun needed.

its still a bad joke as all practicality to her stun game is gone and requires an extra reset.
When I finished the second part into Ultra 1, I got a grand total of 611 damage.

Thank you Capcom.
dont say that, they might think you're being serious.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
V_Arnold said:
Jeez, looks like early morning has its benefits. Listening MarkMan commentary, you should comment matches more often!

I actually enjoy doing commentary but I feel Jay (Viscant) and someone else should. I've done commentary for TEKKEN before in the past. I should try it for some games of SSFIV lol. I'm just afraid I'll be like... "You know what, screw this game..."

haha

Wiseblade

Pandaman said:
you dropped your combo somewhere or you didnt let the stun fully bleed, i rechecked those stun numbers in training mode for ssf4.

in sf4, otoshi was the better idea, but ex shunpakyu and otoshi both had a massive stun nerf in ssf4.
200 -> 140
100+100+80 -> 70+70+70

in ssf4 at that levels of scaling, you'd get one extra point of stun out of an otoshi over a roundhouse. :\ at lower scales roundhouse is always better. kinda sucks because my stun counting is still out of wack because of these nerfs.

its seriously fucked up imo. sakura was at the worst tied with viper as the best stun character in sf4[imo she wasnt tied, she just was], now she's a joke in stun.

Is it "whine about stun nerfs" time? Can I join in?!

El Fuerte used to be the king of stun in Vanilla, but lost it all with a single nerf. Standing fierce's reduction from 200 to 150 was painful. A RSF in Vanilla would put the fear of god in your opponent and you could rely on them doing something stupid to try and escape. Now, it still does kinda decent stun but it's not proportional to the difficulty of the combo and most importantly, lacks the ability to truly terrify someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom