• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
USD said:
Next week is Honda, Gouken, Rose and Ibuki.

Fiending for these blog updates. I started messing around with Rose, so at least I have a bit to look forward to for next week's entry.
Hurry up with the 'Sim changes! :(

Spiderjericho said:
How come with these updates/upgrades, Capcom hasn't tried to change move motions or add moves to characters like they did with Super/ST or TS?

It would be nice if Ryu got his kick special from III or Ken could get his crazy kicks from CVS2/ST or other characters got new specials (though there are some who have a ridiculous amont of moves like Seth, Akuma, etc).

I remember some of the throw Ultras getting a new motion (Boxer? Honda?). Regarding the new move thing, I'm not so sure about Ryu getting more options, but I am kinda disappointed that the whole 'wall bounce' mechanic wasn't accessible by all characters.

Spiderjericho said:
How come with these updates/upgrades, Capcom hasn't tried to change move motions or add moves to characters like they did with Super/ST or TS?

It would be nice if Ryu got his kick special from III or Ken could get his crazy kicks from CVS2/ST or other characters got new specials (though there are some who have a ridiculous amont of moves like Seth, Akuma, etc).
Bison is getting a new ultra motion.

Sagat got Angry Scar.

I think capcom/dimps or whoever is satisfied.

Spiderjericho said:

fake fireball!! \m/

Man, I change characters more often than I change my socks :lol

Arcade Vanilla:

Akuma
Abel

Vanilla:

Cammy
Akuma
Fei Long
Sakura

Super:

Ibuki
Dhalsim
Hakan
Akuma
El Fuerte
Dudley
Seth
Vega
Guy
Ibuki

Arcade Edition:

Yang?
???

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
things im hoping for Gouken next week:

- Tatsu buff....i dunno DO SOMETHING
- hope the rumored rework of the kongo counters is true, right now its a waste of buttons
- bring back vanilla demon flip dive kick
- combo to specials off strongs
- Denjin....DO SOMETHING

~Devil Trigger~ said:
things im hoping for Gouken next week:

- Tatsu buff....i dunno DO SOMETHING
- hope the rumored rework of the kongo counters is true, right now its a waste of buttons
- bring back vanilla demon flip dive kick
- combo to specials off strongs
- Denjin....DO SOMETHING

What was changed? Sorry, I'm not familiar with teh Goukenz

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Sako was in our hotel room Sunday Night / Monday Morning beating the shit out of all of us. haha. He only stayed for an hour or so but it was really dope. He was super chill!

XenoRaven

MicVlaD said:
You don't even need to stand up anymore to block Gouken's demon flip dive kick in Super.
Is Akuma's like that too?

Either way, if Guy has to deal with it so does Gouken!

We ride together, we die together. Low tier 4 life.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
haunts said:
Sako was in our hotel room Sunday Night / Monday Morning beating the shit out of all of us. haha. He only stayed for an hour or so but it was really dope. He was super chill!
Nice.
Was any of the matches recorded? More Sako vids are always welcome.

gutabo

Hey guys what do you know about DreamHack? There's going to be a tourney around here that's supposed to take the winner to sweden, is this true? Because there's ZERO publicity to that event and only a few know about it here... wasn't it invitational only?

Thanks in advance!

(I'm asking because in march there was supposed to be the same story and I won that tourney but nothing happened, long story short the organizers disappeared with most of the prizes-not mine tho- and now the new organizers are supposed to be legit but this-is-south-america.gif)

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Shoutouts to Art maybe not being able to fit the custom jacket I made for him. Shoutouts to Kuma for telling me the wrong size.

Zissou

Zissou said:
As a long time Blanka mainer (though I've dabbled in various other characters), I've caught a lot of flak for my character choice. Lately, I have been messing around with... Viper. I realize this choice doesn't make a whole lot of sense, but I'm having fun, damn it! The problem is that I'm getting worked over online, especially in certain match-ups. I know there are some excellent Viper players on GAF, so I thought I'd see if anybody has any advice.

1. Against Abel, what's the best way to punish wheel kick spam?

2. What the hell am I supposed to do against boxer? If I stay on the ground, I get bodied by his godlike normals. The second I'm anywhere in the air I eat headbutt and ultra if he's got it. If he packs it in holding downback and doing nothing, I can apply seismo pressure, but he can use ex-whatever with armor to absorb the hit and punish if I get too predictable.

3. Against a good Adon, seismos seem pretty worthless because he'll be off the ground applying tons of pressure with his relatively safe specials. He also has pretty good anti-air which he can FADC into ultra, or he can just use the ultra raw to keep me grounded. What's the game plan for this match?

4. Claw: Obviously you can focus wall dive stuff, but I find myself getting caught by a lot of izuna drops. What are my air-to-air options for stuffing that? Also, what is my best bet air-to-air for beating his air throw? Finally, I know I'm supposed to pressure him on his weak wake up, but I haven't really gotten that down yet. Any tips?

That's probably enough for now :lol Help me Viper-gaf, you're my only hope!

My post kind of got lost in the hubbub of moving to the online forum and the AE update, but is there anybody out there who can lend a hand?

Zissou said:
My post kind of got lost in the hubbub of moving to the online forum and the AE update, but is there anybody out there who can lend a hand?
Used to main Viper in SF4 here's some tips (her goto's are fierce/up knuckle and ex-seismo)

1. Against Abel, what's the best way to punish wheel kick spam?
Ex-Seismo to counter, maybe block and try to punish with cr.mk/fierce knuckle/ex-seismo

2. What the hell am I supposed to do against boxer? If I stay on the ground, I get bodied by his godlike normals. The second I'm anywhere in the air I eat headbutt and ultra if he's got it. If he packs it in holding downback and doing nothing, I can apply seismo pressure, but he can use ex-whatever with armor to absorb the hit and punish if I get too predictable.
high knuckle outside his sweep range, low knuckle to counter rush punch.. or neutral jump roundhouse into combo. YMMV with crossup burnkicks if he gets autocorrect headbutts and at close he'll have the advantage the strongest things you'll have is up knuckle. Though I assume most rogs will abuse jabs and throws against her, in that case up knuckle will beat out both and ex-seismo will punish throw attempt, she might also have frame traps but I didn't really mess with those.

3. Against a good Adon, seismos seem pretty worthless because he'll be off the ground applying tons of pressure with his relatively safe specials. He also has pretty good anti-air which he can FADC into ultra, or he can just use the ultra raw to keep me grounded. What's the game plan for this match?
Sorry no experience here but from matches it seems like fast standing high/mid pokes works well in keeping him from constant jaguar kicks, so maybe early stand roundhouse to get that untechable knockdown and mixup. just for fun; the area that adon is in with alot of jaguar kick pressure is about the area where she lands U1 so maybe a training room may find an interesting counter. Also like most characters with DP, after a knockdown SJ short burnkick above his head might give him problems even with auto correct.

4. Claw: Obviously you can focus wall dive stuff, but I find myself getting caught by a lot of izuna drops. What are my air-to-air options for stuffing that? Also, what is my best bet air-to-air for beating his air throw? Finally, I know I'm supposed to pressure him on his weak wake up, but I haven't really gotten that down yet. Any tips?
Not too familiar here.. Jump strong or roundhouse. You may be able to ex-seismo (cancel) to get him to whiff izuna/claw near the ground and punish if trap by constant izunas. For Vega use more jumping roundhouse along with burnkick mixups, but make sure to look for the backflip and as it completes to punish (throw, ex-seismo, etc).

Threi

notag
character throw range comparisons for anyone interested:

http://shoryuken.com/f315/good-bad-ugly-throw-comparison-256365/

Code:
Juri = 1.307
Dan = 1.097
Vega = 1.070 
Chun = 1.017 
Dhalsim = 1.016
Rose = 1.004
Gen = 0.995
Cody = 0.985
Bison = 0.951
Sagat = 0.946
Zangief = 0.944
Adon = 0.937
Balrog = 0.934
Blanka = 0.931
Hakan = 0.930 
Ryu = 0.923
Ken = 0.923
Dudley = 0.920
Seth = 0.920 
Gouken = 0.919
Abel = 0.915 
T-Hawk = 0.913 
Akuma = 0.912
Viper = 0.911
Honda = 0.908 
Guile = 0.907 
Rufus = 0.907
Sakura = 0.902
Makoto = 0.902 
Fuerte = 0.901 
Ibuki = 0.900
Fei = 0.889
Guy = 0.848 
Cammy = 0.798
DeeJay = 0.751

jlai

Code:
Command Throw
oHakan (SPD = 1.794)
Zangief (SPD = 1.650) (KPD = 1.0)
Honda (Och = 1.504)
T-Hawk (SPD = 1.504)
Abel (TT = 1.339)
Seth (SPD = 1.181)
dHakan (SPD = 0.97)
Makoto (KK = 0.930)

Pook Mak :(

jlai

Sixfortyfive said:
Dan and Juri are my most-used characters.

There is no fucking way that list is accurate.

The only characters I've really noticed a big difference for off the top of my head are Sim and Rose

wait a minute..

ogi3cp.jpg

troll list now are we?

Degen

jlai said:
Code:
Command Throw
oHakan (SPD = 1.794)
Zangief (SPD = 1.650) (KPD = 1.0)
Honda (Och = 1.504)
T-Hawk (SPD = 1.504)
Abel (TT = 1.339)
Seth (SPD = 1.181)
dHakan (SPD = 0.97)
Makoto (KK = 0.930)

Pook Mak :(
Hakan without oil is so garbage :lol

Threi

notag
can't speak for other chars but deejay's throw range is accurate.

Of course though that list doesn't account for different character stances, and also that is the max range, not the startup range (which is about .025 shorter for all chars)

Threi

notag
the U2 nerf was a bit harsh (they could have just cut down the damage instead of EVERYTHING) but the ex guac nerf makes absolutely NO sense.

little bit disappointed this isn't on the main gaming forum anymore. I just plain won't think to check it as much and it's going to get a lot less posts as a result. I guess we'll just have to make new topics occasionally for tournaments and streams and arcade edition.

~Devil Trigger~ said:

I thought he avenged his loss. But Filipino/Dhalsim still have his number. Such a tough matchup. He's learning it, as he started to use strong to hit the limbs as they retract but still tough. Maybe if he had Ken + step kick + kara throw. He loses fireball, FADC ultra and super.

Son of a beep, I agree. I really don't post too much on GAF except for in this thread or stream monster threads.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
~Devil Trigger~ said:
so the data is lying?
It's not indicative of what it says it is, that's for sure.

Juri's throw range is garbage. Dan's isn't terrible, but I've got a hard time believing that it's better than Dhalsim.

Pick Juri vs other characters in practice, put them at a certain distance apart, and check to see who whiffs and who connects from that range.

_Xenon_

Banned
Rose and Dhalsim have the best throw range. Juri's throw has the same range as Rufus' but does 20 less damage (forward throw). Basically everybody else beats her throw.

Threi

notag
tested juri vs deejay, couldn't find a range where one could throw the other but not vice versa.

So juri and deejay have roughly the same throw range, which is pretty much ass.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
I think Juri's stance and throw animation fool alot of people.

I've learned by now that SF4's visuals usually dont match the actions.

Axis

gutabo said:
Hey guys what do you know about DreamHack? There's going to be a tourney around here that's supposed to take the winner to sweden, is this true? Because there's ZERO publicity to that event and only a few know about it here... wasn't it invitational only?

Thanks in advance!

(I'm asking because in march there was supposed to be the same story and I won that tourney but nothing happened, long story short the organizers disappeared with most of the prizes-not mine tho- and now the new organizers are supposed to be legit but this-is-south-america.gif)

didn't that geom player from SA(nasty guile?) win a trip there and actually go sometime earlier this year? it could be legit...i know dreamhack is legit

Spiderjericho said:
I thought he avenged his loss. But Filipino/Dhalsim still have his number.

the money match happened before they fought in tournament.

still people are so extreme. the dude was pointing to a single instance of a fight where something clutch happens and no one cares beyond "did he win or lose?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom