• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MIMIC

Banned
Skilotonn said:
I'm really pissed off at the Fuerte changes, totally unnecessary.

Back to the dog house you go again, Fuerte.

Less damage, more start-up and harder to hit with U2? So now what are you gonna connect it with? It was already a strictly reversal, sometimes anti-jump-in Ultra, I can't think of any useful setups right now without actually playing it, but reading just that sounds disheartening since there's a lot less reason to fear throwing things out against him now - you can just go to town on him.

The few times you'd use Guacamole to escape on wake up or go over fireballs are gonna get you into trouble now with more recovery on landing, nice job Capcom.

And why mess with Tortilla copter?

Big whoop about the LP's, they were fine enough as is the way they were.

Yet another character that was brought up in Super only to be brought back down in Super AE, I think I don't even want to see what happens to Honda next week - don't say you want to bring all characters closer to each other by making bad characters worse Capcom.

Yes, the updates with Fuerte are incredibly annoying.

It's so crazy. EX Guac was still risky to begin with. Now it's downright dangerous to use unless you can guarantee that your character isn't going to be able to punish it. Plus, I use the lk guac to build meter (and spamming it was just a part of my game....a habit I picked up from TKD) so now I won't be able to do that as often =(

The tortilla change? I never bothered to understand its "invincible" properties so I'm not quite sure about this change. Is this referencing the "safe tortilla" used to grab an opponent on their wake-up or the one used to grab an opponent that is jumping in on you?

The jabs? Don't really care all that much. I spent a lot of time in training mode getting the timing down so no real change for me. So can we just mash it now or something?

The Ultra nerf? The damage reduction is understandable but increasing its start up? WHY? Wouldn't that make it essentially the same as Ultra 1?

I'm still maining Fuerte. Maybe all the Fuertes now will just get a hit, turtle until the clock runs out (the shotos will complain) and then Capcom will just remove him altogether. Fuerte could definitely be a hardcore turtle (ironically because of his mobility) and be even more annoying than he is now.

God's Beard said:
I hope Ibuki's U1 gets improved, maybe less damage for a faster startup? :D

I love the damage U1 gets, but if it gets a faster start up I would definitely take the damage nerf. I would also love to be even on the command dash when it's blocked.

AE mains:

1. Ibuki (<3)
2. Yang

GeoNeo

I disagree.
God's Beard said:
Bring back hit masks Capcom!

They use to have accurate hit detection in the early builds of SFIV. However, it was removed after much feedback from players (& media) that wanted them to change back to 2D hitbox like detection.

Also, the animation system was redone after feedback to be much more 2D like in the way it canceled and so on.

I personally think the changes were for the better. The game felt very very different in the early builds the media got to play.

(I don't believe the game would have been as popular at all with fighting game fans for the long run if the changes were not made.)

I don't want weird physics interactions when the models touch or anything like that, I mean like in 3rd Strike where the hitboxes masked the character sprites instead of random blocks like in SSF4:

hO9fX.png
ZAEIF.png

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Where is that 3rd strike hot box data from? Official Capcom? Looks like Mame output test stuff?

Anyway, the SSF4 hit box data looks random till you view the detailed information behind the data displayed.

http://shoryuken.com/f255/dhalsims-hitboxes-234852/

For people that want to read up.

It is more inline with ST like hit boxes. Though, more accurate when it comes to vulnerable hit boxes. (The green line boxes)

http://grandmasterchallenge.blogspot.com/2009/07/ybh-scans.html

Like I said they had much more accurate hit box setup in early version which was dropped because it just did not suite a fighting game. (Though it's clear some things have stuffed up hit boxes that do require fixes for AE. IE Guys hit boxes :( )

God's Beard said:
I don't want weird physics interactions when the models touch or anything like that, I mean like in 3rd Strike where the hitboxes masked the character sprites instead of random blocks like in SSF4:

Didn't really matter in 3rd strike though since u could just mash parry :p

God's Beard said:
Lower command jump arc

No way, that would make her super way OP. Bunny hop -> super is already safe as is. Need to make sure that you can react to the jump in order keep it fair. Any lower and it might as well be a 500 damage overhead.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
FindMyFarms said:
Didn't really matter in 3rd strike though since u could just mash parry :p

:lol

The best is on GGPO when someone gets a lucky parry guess, and the other guy just fucking blows up. (Has happened many a time.)

Does prove to be pretty entertaining.

GeoNeo said:
:lol

The best is on GGPO when someone gets a lucky perry guess, and the other guy just fucking blows up. (Has happened many a time.)

Does prove to be pretty entertaining.

Yeah some people think i'm hella psychic in 3s, when in reality all i'm doing is pressing down after every poke I throw out. Or in footsies you can just do F, D, F, D, F, D, F, D when in sweep/cr. mk range. Fools will get blown up nasty by that.

GeoNeo said:
Where is that 3rd strike hot box data from? Official Capcom? Looks like Mame output test stuff?

Anyway, the SSF4 hit box data looks random till you view the detailed information behind the data displayed.

Random in placement, not utility. I know why it's set up the way it is, I just don't like the disparity between what you see and what's actually happening.

FindMyFarms said:
No way, that would make her super way OP. Bunny hop -> super is already safe as is. Need to make sure that you can react to the jump in order keep it fair. Any lower and it might as well be a 500 damage overhead.

No, the command flip, not the hop kicks. You know, the one where she twirls around and can throw a kunai?

God's Beard said:
No, the command flip, not the hop kicks. You know, the one where she twirls around and can throw a kunai?

Oh that thing, I think they should just remove it to be honest lol. Can't count the number of times an ibuki player messed up an input, got the flippy thing and died instead lol

AkumaHokoru said:
http://sonichurricane.com/?p=5222

I'll let this speak for itself.

I sympathize for him. It does seem kind of bad that eventhubs gets all the visitors despite just taking news from other sites who produced it. Like for instance, I remember Oichi from Gaf complained about that on his website and then got ripped by comments who were likely eventhub supporters.

AkumaHokoru said:

I won't lie, I go to Eventhubs a lot just to get a summary of what's been going on in the community. SRK has definitely picked it up lately, but for a while Eventhubs was the only place(that I could think of) to go for community news. And they update frequently with random shit which keeps people like me coming back.

I feel bad for the Sonic Hurricane guy though. The EH doesn't seem like he's even involved in the community. For all we know, this is just a cash in for him and he may not even play fighting games that much. But regardless you can't blame him, only the people who have made his site the success it is now.

Rice-Eater said:
I won't lie, I go to Eventhubs a lot just to get a summary of what's been going on in the community. SRK has definitely picked it up lately, but for a while Eventhubs was the only place(that I could think of) to go for community news. And they update frequently with random shit which keeps people like me coming back.
the fact that you think srk picked it up lately is pretty saddening honestly. as most everything goes there first...sure you have to dig through the forums but its always been there. event hubs just took what they gleaned from the forums and put it on their frontpage for lazy devouring. they cater to the instant gratification crowd.

I'm sure you know exactly what I meant by that comment, and that's the front page. People are lazy and want something convenient. EH does that for them. For a while SRK did not update there front page that often, even when SF4 was blowing up. That's why EH has become the success it is now, because nobody else was doing it. Trust me, I visit SRK(and the NeofGAF SSF4 thread) a lot more then EH. But sometimes I still go to EH just to see the random shit they post.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I could go on for days about Eventhubs but I wont. Sucks Maj isnt doing SonicHurricane anymore because of them though. Over all, there are a ton of ways to look at the current state of all these sites. They all have their pros and cons, even my own.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
To put it out there, Jon, the guy that owns Event Hubs, is a good guy, he doesn't mean harm and definitely supports the community.

haunts said:
I could go on for days about Eventhubs but I wont. Sucks Maj isnt doing SonicHurricane anymore because of them though. Over all, there are a ton of ways to look at the current state of all these sites. They all have their pros and cons, even my own.
Too much BB and Not enough VF5FS in your site, I blame Quash :p On the real Huants, your site has been doing its thing since day one. And improving daily. You have the most organise strategy section I've seen. Just keep doing your thing fam.

Sad to hear about Sonic Hurricane. I loved the footsie handbook. I don't really go anywhere daily except for Neogaf to get my Street Fighter news. Occasionally SRK.

This shines light to a broader perspective on aggregate sites that don't produce content. As a content creator, you can't lock the content up behind paid subscriptions and you can't get traction because your content gets linked from other sites. It's not limited to the fighting community websites.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
AkumaHokoru said:

Basically: Eventhubs is shit?

I think anyone that went to that site, saw the layout from early 2000's or so could've told you that. Or hell, went to the character guides and saw how sparse the SSF4 stuff was.

I've only gone there about three or four times and all those times I couldn't be there for more than a few minutes as the layout was bad and the content was just ripped from other sites.

Why bother going there when I can go to iplaywinner or other fansites for guides? Or hell, SRK for SSF4?

Sucks he (SH) isn't making any money off his stuff, the "footsies" guide is great.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
For what it's worth, I can guarantee you that Keits from SRK reads eventhubs and that some updates on the SRK frontpage come from content he first saw on EH. I subscribe to both sites on RSS and the timing of new posts from either site is too coincidental. At this point, SRK and EH are basically mirror sites of each other. That's what happens when you manage a news aggregator site, which the SRK front page has become. SRK still produces original content (the 7 days of SF pro secrets comes to mind), but don't think SRK is somehow the innocent victim here.

To prevent confusion, obviously I'm only talking about the SRK frontpage here and not the forums.

XenoRaven

This is honestly all pretty hypocritical if you read or watch content posted on any site without going to the original source. Like say...translated Capcom blog posts from andriasang or wherever in a quote posted in this thread or something.

Shame about Sonic Hurricane. I enjoyed their content, but this really isn't much of a surprise.

Also yes, I know USD does his own translations for us as well, which we all very much appreciate.

XenoRaven said:
This is honestly all pretty hypocritical if you read or watch content posted on any site without going to the original source. Like say...translated Capcom blog posts from andriasang or wherever in a quote posted in this thread or something.

eventhubs doesn't really have the courtesy of posting only excerpts for interviews. they just post the entire interview.

also eventhubs apparently made a throw guide (so i guess you don't have to go to srk.com for the numbers). All of their actions revolve around sticking to their one site and gathering up all the hits for it.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
It's one thing to set yourself up as a facilitator of content delivery, and it's another to just host everything yourself. I don't think many would have complained if EventHubs was a site people go to to see what other sites to check out.

XenoRaven

DryEyeRelief said:
eventhubs doesn't really have the courtesy of posting only excerpts for interviews. they just post the entire interview.

also eventhubs apparently made a throw guide (so i guess you don't have to go to srk.com for the numbers). All of their actions revolve around sticking to their one site and gathering up all the hits for it.
Agreed. It's certainly not the right thing to do. And as we can see now, it ultimately discourages new and creative content since the originators get their hits stolen. But there's plenty of blame to go around when it comes to this. I don't think you can just single out Event Hubs.

USD

I didn't bother to translate the Q&A sections from the past two updates (though you can look through the SRK AE blog thread and find translations, along with plenty of whining :lol). The Q&As cover inquiries about the characters from the previous week. I'll just give my own breakdown of the important stuff from the Q&A:

Q&A 1
Q&A 2

Guy
-(About EX Run > Stop) Stop has one hit of Super Armor. EX Run has two hits of Armor, so if timed correctly, you can absorb all three hits of Akuma's HP Shaku (red fireball), the absorbed hits being white damage of course.

Viper
-No damage changes to UC1

Ryu
-For Ryu's LP Shoryu, he's grounded for frames 1-3, and from 4-to-landing is considered airborne. Depending on the situation, LP Shoryu > Trade > UC1 is possible. (Return of Vanilla-style trade Ultra?)

Cammy
-There is a set height limitation to the Cannon Strike command, unrelated to jump trajectory. The command won't register before reaching a certain height.
-Some damage adjustments to LK, MK, and HK Spiral Arrow, and adjustments to the two hits of HK Arrow
-No changes to Spin Knuckle, Hooligan

Balrog
(Nothing really important, just basically saying that with the changes, they wanted to make Rog's play a bit more technical)

Ken
-LP Shoryu > EX Shoryu is still possible in the corner (Despite the increased recovery on LP Shoryu)
-cl.LP is less likely to whiff
-No changes to the hitboxes for EX Air Tatsu, it simply is not an overhead anymore

Vega
-The increased recovery on Cosmic Heel only applies on block, so you can still do the same Cosmic Heel combos as before. Heel is now even when blocked at the very tip.

Rufus
-The only changes to EX Messiah is the damage, still the same invincibility, frames, etc. as before

Fei
(Nothing really directly regarding Fei, just saying that adjustments are being made to all characters)

Juri
-The Fuhajin kick is an untechable knockdown, and you can do follow-up attacks. (The person asked if you could get full hits off of Fuhajin kick > HK Sempusha, but the question wasn't directly answered)
-All changes aren't listed on the blog, there are some slight adjustments to her normals as well

vg260

USD said:
Cammy
-There is a set height limitation to the Cannon Strike command, unrelated to jump trajectory. The command won't register before reaching a certain height.

Not a Cammy player, but this seems to be the change people have issues with. I dunno, it seems reasonable to me. The move is generally supposed to be an air-move, right? It seemed more like a glitch or oversight that you were allowed to do it on the ground before.

USD

According to Alpha Station, Super Street Fighter IV: Arcade Edition is coming to Japanese arcades on December 16.
XenoRaven said:
Somewhat related, I got the link from Shoryuken.com, which linked me to 1up.com, which got its info from Alpha Station via Kotaku Japan. Got to love linking parties. :lol

1up needs to work on its translation, it makes it sound like only 14 characters are getting changes, and not the whole cast (for the most part).

haunts

Bacon of Hope
ShinobiFist said:
Too much BB and Not enough VF5FS in your site, I blame Quash :p On the real Huants, your site has been doing its thing since day one. And improving daily. You have the most organise strategy section I've seen. Just keep doing your thing fam.

thanks brotha. trust me, when VF5FS gets a console release, if ever, ill be all over it like white on rice. ^^b

Man, ClakeyD has improved so much. Just watching a couple youtube videos from a few months ago, it's not even the same player. I wish there was a guard crush in central cali :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
Man, ClakeyD has improved so much. Just watching a couple youtube videos from a few months ago, it's not even the same player. I wish there was a guard crush in central cali :lol

yeah its a shame people arent talking about how well he played. his ibuki is ferocious.

USD

haunts said:
yeah its a shame people arent talking about how well he played. his ibuki is ferocious.
They didn't show any ClakeyD matches but the Top 8 though, and since half of the match was Tokido teleporting out of the vortex, and the other half was the real-life Raging Demon, Clakey got left in the shadows. :lol

haunts

Bacon of Hope
USD said:
They didn't show any ClakeyD matches but the Top 8 though, and since half of the match was Tokido teleporting out of the vortex, and the other half was the real-life Raging Demon, Clakey got left in the shadows. :lol

i dunno, seeing it live left a different impression. i saw him playing a ridiculous rush down with no fear and only a handful of fuck ups. i was more impressed with calckyds overall performance than most other players in the tourney tbh.

USD

haunts said:
i dunno, seeing it live left a different impression. i saw him playing a ridiculous rush down with no fear and only a handful of fuck ups. i was more impressed with calckyds overall performance than most other players in the tourney tbh.
I thought he played very well, but Tokido was doing a good job of staying out of the vortex, and that was perhaps the decisive factor of the match. He did beat Mike Ross and OnlineTony (though we didn't get to see the matches), so he was obviously doing something right.

Rocwell

Shame about Sonic Hurricane but isn't Maj running Combovid.com now? Maybe updating two sites simultaneously was too much/not worth it? Is he dropping both sites altogether?

gutabo

USD said:
I thought he played very well, but Tokido was doing a good job of staying out of the vortex, and that was perhaps the decisive factor of the match. He did beat Mike Ross and OnlineTony (though we didn't get to see the matches), so he was obviously doing something right.
I don't know about OnlineTony but if Ross was using honda(likely), then meterless honda=sitting duck for a well done vortex. An offensive Ibuki with good execution can make honda's life miserable easily.

I'm not sure about Seth tho, I would have guessed that against the vortex his teleport gave him a get out of jail for free card. Maybe one combo+dizzy was all it took.

On another note, really sad to read about Maj, he did a lot for us and got nothing in return.

USD said:
Juri
-The Fuhajin kick is an untechable knockdown, and you can do follow-ups attacks. (The person asked if you could get full hits off of Fuhajin kick > HK Sempusha, but the question wasn't directly answered)
-All changes aren't listed on the blog, there are some slight adjustments to her normals as well

Really great to hear, I currently use the fuhajin kick against flowchart shotos as a means to deter wakeup dp's. While I get a hit off it, it doesn't knock down at all (because they're airborne) and usually sets me up for a bad scenario for randomness that is hard to react to online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom