• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good stuff to Die and Aulord. Die has probably the best Guile right now and definitely lames it out.

Aulord has to be proud, as he took down a lot of good players (Sanford, Chris Hu, Marlin Pie, etc).

USD

Die was really solid today. Good shit.

Aulord was the underdog hero today. Made his way through a lot of tough matches.

EDIT: I laughed at Triforce being denied the mic at the end. :lol

Kimosabae

Banned
Can someone do me a quick favor?

What were the last 5 or so notable tournaments and who won them? Obviously, I'll be using Google, but if someone's clearly got them in memory, it'd help a bunch.

Also, congrats to Die and Aulord, but it's clear people didn't know how to fight Cody. Die blocked Cody's slide...3 times in a row? Point blank, no punish?

rocK`

Banned
Kimosabae said:

What were the last 5 or so notable tournaments and who won them? Obviously, I'll be using Google, but if someone's clearly got them in memory, it'd help a bunch.

Also, congrats to Die and Aulord, but it's clear people didn't know how to fight Cody. Die blocked Cody's slide...3 times in a row? Point blank, no punish?

why do you need to know this / why can't you check out srk/eventhubs?

USD

Kimosabae said:

Devastation 2010: Marn
EVO 2010: Daigo Umehara
Summer Jam 4: Justin Wong
Battle For The West Coast Crown: Ricky Ortiz
Season's Beatings Redemption: Gamerbee
SoCal Regionals: Filipino Champ

BONUS:
Super VS Battle: Luffy
Montreal Massacre: Chi-Rithy
GodsGarden Online #2: Mago

Kimosabae

Banned
USD said:
EVO 2010: Daigo Umehara
Summer Jam 4: Justin Wong
Battle For The West Coast Crown: Rick Ortiz
Season's Beatings Redemption: Gamerbee
SoCal Regionals: Filipino Champ

Preciate' it. I'm going to add tonight's guard Crush to that for a thread I'm creating on SRK.

Kimosabae said:

US:

SCR - FChamp (runner up, Daigo)
SB5 - GamerBee (runner up, Momochi)
Evo - Daigo (runner up, Ricky Ortiz)

Japan

Gods Garden Online 2 - Mago (Runner up, Sako)
SBO - Momochi, Kindevu, RF (Runner up, Daigo, TKD, Bon chan)
NSB - Daigo, Momochi, Machi (runner up, Uryo, Stay Gold, Kuma)

Edit: USD beat me and has more. Dat Godlike Memory.

Kimosabae said:
Preciate' it. I'm going to add tonight's guard Crush to that for a thread I'm creating on SRK.

guard crush is a biweekly local tournament. Are you going to record all locals? That's a lot of data. Imo, you should look at majors only, because you'll never have every local recorded in the US.

Kimosabae

Banned
DryEyeRelief said:
guard crush is a biweekly local tournament. Are you going to record all locals? That's a lot of data. Imo, you should look at majors only, because you'll never completely have every local in the US.

Yeah, I changed my mind about that. It wasn't merely to log info but to support a point, and the nature of GC isn't analogous. What's been given is good enough.

New Interview with Filipino Champ. Some tid bits

-He admits that he dropped that match that had a lot of controversy surrounding it
-Tokido really humbled him. He went in thinking Tokido(and Daigo) is free because he beat him at Evo. But Tokido beat him in consecutive money matches, including 3-0 in the first one.
-He thinks Tokido would have beaten him easy if he had beaten Daigo

http://shoryuken.com/content/blg-filipino-champ-interview-shoryuken-com-2381/

rocK`

Banned
Kimosabae said:
Yeah, I changed my mind about that. It wasn't merely to log info but to support a point, and the nature of GC isn't analogous. What's been given is good enough.

and what point is this (or are you going to continue to ignore me?)

USD

I decided to go back and find the winners of all the Guard Crush tournaments so far (runner-up in parentheses):

Guard Crush: Dieminion (Ryder)
Guard Crush 2: Arturo (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 3: Arturo (EvilRahsaan)
Guard Crush 4: Arturo (Min)
Guard Crush 5: Sanford (Arturo)
Guard Crush 6: Arturo (Chris Hu)
Guard Crush 7: Arturo (Sanford)
Guard Crush 8: Arturo (Sanford)
Guard Crush 9: Arturo (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 10: Starnab (Arturo)
Guard Crush 11: Sanford, IFC Yipes (Arturo, Chris Hu)
Guard Crush 12: Dieminion (Aulord)

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
Spiderjericho said:
Drybones, according to a story on SRK, there's a problem with downloading the latest costume packs. I guess they're working on it. Just chill out for a bit from playing dress up.

And why is Eventhubs shady? How are they different from the news feed of IPW or SRK?

Personally speaking, editors from both IPW and SRK asked me if it was okay for them to post my content on their site before they posted them. I said it was okay and that they can continue to use my content.

Eventscrubs, on the other hand, in the early days of SF4 posted videos on their site that I took the time to upload without crediting me. Then they credited me after people called them out on this, but didn't apologize, they just stealth edited the post. To this day they have never asked if it would be okay to post any of my content on their site, and they have basically reposted everything SF-related.

God's Beard said:
7/12 wins, 10/12 grand finals? Goddamn Art. I guess that makes him the Most Beast of the Coast East.

Yeah, he's got the crown right now, especially after Florida. But it looks like Die is starting to come up. But Sanford, Marlinpie and others are pretty close.

Die and Art's style is to be patient and lame it out.

Edit: Reno, I see what you're saying. Haunts and crew do give credit in their front-page post so does SRK.

Rice-Eater said:
New Interview with Filipino Champ. Some tid bits

-He admits that he dropped that match that had a lot of controversy surrounding it
-Tokido really humbled him. He went in thinking Tokido(and Daigo) is free because he beat him at Evo. But Tokido beat him in consecutive money matches, including 3-0 in the first one.
-He thinks Tokido would have beaten him easy if he had beaten Daigo

http://shoryuken.com/content/blg-filipino-champ-interview-shoryuken-com-2381/

Only reason why Daigo is free in his opinion is because the matchup favors him. I also agree with him that Tokido would have beaten him. The match up is a lot better than the sim-ryu match up.

I've been impressed by Ricky lately. He's imo, Nor Cal's best player. He's consistently at the top.

Would be cool if there was a point system to rank players by tournament results. Right now, it's more of a "what have you done for me lately" type of ranking by most avid street fighter fans.

KS Seven X said:
Would be cool if there was a point system to rank players by tournament results. Right now, it's more of a "what have you done for me lately" type of ranking by most avid street fighter fans.

It should be like Golf and Tennis. People were undervaluing Tokido's skill and ability to win before SoCal and he basically did the opposite of the OP of the SCR thread (which was take top three).

You can't have an attitude of what was your last big win.

Mike Ross, Valle, Wong, Ortiz, etc consistently either win tournaments or place high. I'm not going to undervalue Ross just because he hasn't won a major in awhile. He's still a great player who got top 8 @ Evo, went to the finals of the SFIV national tournament, etc.

And that Filipino video is going to be controversial because of his attitude, admission of throwing a fight and lack of respect of other players. I'm sure the players who know him are shrugging their shoulders but the stream monsters and the people who get upset about the f word or chants of USA won't be happy.

But bigups to him for coming up. Definitely a much-needed personality in the community and he definitely took down some really dominant players on his way to winning SCR. I hope he can repeat at NCR.

USD

Fuck, I think I just lost my charge.

X33uP.jpg

I beat dbj 3 times
out of like 20
fuckyeah.jpg
ggs man. sicknasty Sak. There goes my life in like 1 mixup lols.

Things I noticed about me:
Idk but I just assumed all your jumpins were crossups and blocked the wrong way... even when I was pretty sure it wasn't my hand just naturally blocks as if it was a crossup. Tried to fix that in like the last 2 games. Jump in HP is confusing as fuck.

Also when you did some shady ass j.HP reset in the corner that I swear to god I was gonna land on the left side but at the last second when I'm about to hit the floor there I am on the right side in the corner. mind = blown

Chokin so hard with those sjc seismos and crossup BK's... though for crossup BK's I probably should have stopped since Sak's a really small char and I'm not sure if it's even possible to crossup BK from far away...

also crouch block > me

OmnipotentO said:
I beat dbj 3 times
out of like 20
fuckyeah.jpg
ggs man. sicknasty Sak. There goes my life in like 1 mixup lols.

Things I noticed about me:
Idk but I just assumed all your jumpins were crossups and blocked the wrong way... even when I was pretty sure it wasn't my hand just naturally blocks as if it was a crossup. Tried to fix that in like the last 2 games. Jump in HP is confusing as fuck.

Also when you did some shady ass j.HP reset in the corner that I swear to god I was gonna land on the left side but at the last second when I'm about to hit the floor there I am on the right side in the corner. mind = blown

Chokin so hard with those sjc seismos and crossup BK's... though for crossup BK's I probably should have stopped since Sak's a really small char and I'm not sure if it's even possible to crossup BK from far away...

also crouch block > me
Oh, that's you. I thought it was just some random sending me a FR last week.
And even though I can make them xup, I typically don't just because I can usually get a CH of of it and go for my loops for big damage. And that corner reset is actually 50/50. If I do nothing, I'll end up away from the corner, but I can just walk forward to appear on the other side.

KS Seven X said:
Only reason why Daigo is free in his opinion is because the matchup favors him. I also agree with him that Tokido would have beaten him. The match up is a lot better than the sim-ryu match up.

Oh I agree, he would never call Mago or Sako free because the characters they play and how those characters match up to his own. That's just Champ though. I'm not a fan of his shit talking or the character he plays, but I can respect his skill. But I do love watching guys like him and Marn getting blown up.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
Haha, amazing interview of champ. Of course haters gonna hate. He knows he is a heel and plays the role well, this interview just reinforces this.

Best part of this weekend was after he won the Ryu and Daigo fans calling for sim nurfs. :lol

Don't change a thing Champ. :lol If you have the fan favorites (Mike Ross, Daigo, so on so forth) it is only more entertaining to have the heels coming in and doing their thing. He (Champ) knew very well if he had lost the people would have gave him so much shit, but he backed up his shit talk. And, after this interview you can tell a lot of people are gunning for him now which is funny in itself. (It also helps to make a lot of people even more hungry for that win, or to simply shut champ up.)

Spiderjericho said:
Cen is the owner of CTF? I thought some old White guy owned it?

Nice play by Adnan. Oops, he got blown up by Rufus.
A old white guy and a Old indian guy own it together. Cen is the manager and operator.

GeoNeo said:
Haha, amazing interview of champ. Him blowing up the Daigo and his dick-riders this past weekend was amazing. :lol Of course haters gonna hate. He knows he is a heel and plays the role well.

Best part was after he won the Ryu and Daigo fans calling for sim nurfs. :lol

Don't change a thing Champ. :lol

Sim doesn't deserve any nerfs. It's just a bad match up. Every character has them. People calling for nerfs obviously just don't like FChamp and should be ignored.

I still don't know how he blew up Daigo. They both had the same amount of wins.

Oichi said:
Personally speaking, editors from both IPW and SRK asked me if it was okay for them to post my content on their site before they posted them. I said it was okay and that they can continue to use my content.

Eventscrubs, on the other hand, in the early days of SF4 posted videos on their site that I took the time to upload without crediting me. Then they credited me after people called them out on this, but didn't apologize, they just stealth edited the post. To this day they have never asked if it would be okay to post any of my content on their site, and they have basically reposted everything SF-related.
They also did this to us (teamspooky) and we called them on it. they got mad and stopped posting our stuff and now with us having logos and shit its hard for them to post without it coming back to us.

this is why eh is shady it took them all this time and being called out repeatedly to understand they have to give credit on sources and whatnot.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
KS Seven X said:
Sim doesn't deserve any nerfs. It's just a bad match up. Every character has them. People calling for nerfs obviously just don't like FChamp and should be ignored.

I still don't know how he blew up Daigo. They both had the same amount of wins.

I edited that out. I mean he blow up the Daigo dick-riders.

And, I'm not sure why you keep trying to bring up they had the same amount of wins. When it is a set format that Champ won. It's been that way for many years in major SF tournaments. This has worked in Daigo favor many times before in the past. Just this time the shoe was on the other foot.

GeoNeo

I disagree.
AkumaHokoru said:
They also did this to us (teamspooky) and we called them on it. they got mad and stopped posting our stuff and now with us having logos and shit its hard for them to post without it coming back to us.

this is why eh is shady it took them all this time and being called out repeatedly to understand they have to give credit on sources and whatnot.

Honestly, their crediting of other sites is still very very poor.

Though, I think SRK dropped the ball big time when SF4 rolled around. The front page content on SRK should have been ready to launch along with the game.

I hardly ever visit E.H, however It's clear they saw a market opportunity and took it. And, the problem I see now is the "Bad image" SRK posters seem to have now of being super hostile and unwelcoming. (Some of it lets be honest is deserved.) Is being used as a reason to visit E.H over SRK itself. (Which sucks.)

Anyway, it will be interesting to see how things play out now.

(BTW, great job on guard crush man. Excellent commentating along with the always best streaming in the community.)

GeoNeo said:
I edited that out. I mean he blow up the Daigo dick-riders.

And, I'm not sure why you keep trying to bring up they had the same amount of wins. When it is a set format that Champ won. It's been that way for many years in major SF tournaments. This has worked in Daigo favor many times before in the past. Just this time the shoe was on the other foot.

I know it's been like that. Everytime Daigo won like that, I would argue it wasn't fair for the other person. It makes no sense how tournies can have a grand finals with winning 2 sets if you were put in losers when the number of wins has been increased.

I'm all for double elimination brackets and prefer them. I just don't think it's fair to change the rules of winning a set. It should be consistent so it's fair.

Either change the whole top 8 to best of 5 in order to have the best of 5 grand finals or make grand finals best of 3 like the previous rounds.

Imagine having a best of 3, then changing it to best of 11. The loser of the tourney can have 12 wins, and the winner would win with 8 wins. But hey, the winner didn't lose 2 sets so all is fair.

My rant is done. :lol

Edit: The mustache on the iplaywinner stream was epic.

GeoNeo said:
KS I do agree with those kinds of changes but I just don't see it happing

Edit: IPW music is great :lol

That's true, I don't see it happening either.

Trollno was so clutch on the stream right now with that last second ultra.

It's been interesting to see Filipino Champ's evolution actually. I remember when he wasn't even Cali's best Sim. (That was UTJ). But he gradually worked his way up to the point where he became one of the best players in the nation. Magus would always complain about how he wasn't drunk at all during keystone streams, and when super came out, he wasn't interested in any new characters...so he always took the game seriously and stuck to what he liked from the get-go. When hearing about the dropped match at the Battle of the Bay tournament, I was seriously disappointed...However, seeing Lamerboi(one of the players not cool with champ after that) give champ his props in the comment section of SRK, makes me think it's forgivable.

Spiderjericho said:
Mike Ross, Valle, Wong, Ortiz, etc consistently either win tournaments or place high. I'm not going to undervalue Ross just because he hasn't won a major in awhile. He's still a great player who got top 8 @ Evo, went to the finals of the SFIV national tournament, etc.

Ross hasn't won a major period. But yeah, he's definitely one of the biggest hitters in the US.

cantona222

On 26-Nov-2010 UDaigo is making a visit to Kuwait. They are making some kind of exhibition for him. I bought a ticket for the event ;)
Cost=10 KD =about 33 USD

nv5tp2.jpg

7256va.jpg

cantona222 said:
On 26-Nov-2010 UDaigo is making a visit to Kuwait. They are making some kind of exhibition for him. I bought a ticket for the event ;)
Cost=10 KD =about 33 USD
*pics*

For the sake of curiosity, just how is the scene in Kuwait?

Rice-Eater said:
For the sake of curiosity, just how is the scene in Kuwait?
Is the truth out there. I know they have some solid GGXAC players out there, not sure about SSFIV, but I wouldn't be surprise if they have great players in that game as well.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Maj is the main reason why I even wanted to do combo videos and his videos are basically the only ones I care to consistently watch. Unfortunate for him.
I'll go back to my point where you cannot expect to make money doing these kinds of things for the community. It's just a hobby and passion, you can't really make a living off of it though some people do.
The stealing part is just wrong. But it's expected. Once you put anything online, you can expect to find it elsewhere. A simple search and you'll be surprise. I've found videos of mine on Korean, Thai and Vietnamese sites in which I've never heard of or even seen before. :lol

It sucks that Art couldn't make it to CC since I'll be able to watch it but I'm pretty sure it's going to be entertaining. I don't play Balrog but I've been impressed by watching JS playing a flashy style of his.
Mago finally getting out of Japan for an SFIV tourney, being the best player in the world right now arguably should be something to watch.
Canada always have some nice surprises and Timekiller is a cool dude. :D Didn't realize you were the guy streaming last time.

jlai

So... haven't played the game since Black Ops came out, when it was a daily occurrence before.

But hey, no more sitting through Vex-AZ Greg squabbling every day! =/

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
jlai said:
So... haven't played the game since Black Ops came out, when it was a daily occurrence before.

I've been playing some 3S and HDR. Partly because I just need a break from SSF4, and partly because your execution has to be more precise in those games so hopefully it'll help me out when I go back to SSF4.

Axis

jlai said:

But hey, no more sitting through Vex-AZ Greg squabbling every day! =/

we love each other tho...

Lost Fragment said:
I've been playing some 3S and HDR. Partly because I just need a break from SSF4, and partly because your execution has to be more precise in those games so hopefully it'll help me out when I go back to SSF4.
Whats your GGPO handle?

Kimosabae

Banned
Lost Fragment said:

I can't speak on HDR, but in regards to 3S, I'm starting to disagree with that notion. In fact, due to links and shortcuts, I'm starting to think SSF4 is one of the more demanding games in the series, execution wise.

Kimosabae said:
I can't speak on HDR, but in regards to 3S, I'm starting to disagree with that notion. In fact, due to links and shortcuts, I'm starting to think SSF4 is one of the more demanding games in the series, execution wise.

I'm gonna call bullshit on that.

Remy agrees with me

Hmm...

Between the long-ass juggles, parries, charge partitioning and tight reversal window, boy, you must be losing your mind. 3rd Strike's higher speed and more flexible characters mean that you have to be more prepared to deal with situations that would be relatively simple in SFIV, like dash under setups and corner pressure. Just blocking takes better execution than it does in SFIV.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom