• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ExMachina said:
Ridiculously awesome. :lol

tokido_murderface.gif
:lol awesome, I would so rock that if I weren't so attached to my current one

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Razor210 said:
FLASH KICK
FLASH KICK
FLASH KICK

Such bullshit. Gulie shouldn't have wake up Flash Kick priority. :|

That and that Balrog Ultra going through my rocks pissed me off.

Riou

ExMachina said:
Nice, SJCs into Ultra are always tricky to get down and I had trouble with the tougher charge character trials as well since I don't actually play non-motion chars. ^^;

Ridiculously awesome. :lol

tokido_murderface.gif

omg, that is amazing. If no one is using it i would love to use that as my avatar :D

TheSeks

Threi said:

I blame you for your brothers Dee Jay pick. Everytime he picks that asshole I get annoyed as hell from projectile spam or in this case ultra on life lead win.

"Oh, I have the life lead, him hitting his ultra should be nothing just like Last Dr--"
(ULTRA FINISH!)
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT!?"

Razor210

TheSeks said:
I blame you for your brothers Dee Jay pick. Everytime he picks that asshole I get annoyed as hell from projectile spam or in this case ultra on life lead win.

"Oh, I have the life lead, him hitting his ultra should be nothing just like Last Dr--"
(ULTRA FINISH!)
"WHAT THE FUCK IS THAT SHIT!?"
And to top it all off, I finished with him throwing rocks at me while I continuously taunted :lol

At least I saved him for last :lol

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
And to top it all off, I finished with him throwing rocks at me while I continuously taunted :lol

I knew it was over. There was no way I going to get back from the life lead, so I just threw rocks trying to get you to get it over with.

Why do you think I played that Ryu round just standing there?

Razor210

TheSeks said:
I knew it was over. There was no way I going to get back from the life lead, so I just threw rocks trying to get you to get it over with.

Why do you think I played that Ryu round just standing there?
Why were you just standing there?

It inspired me to start practicing combos, btw.

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
It inspired me to start practicing combos, btw.

Good. You need it.

Why were you just standing there?

Take a wild guess.

And since it's Saturday, this means you and your console part tomorrow so I'll be going back to Bad Company 2 for a month again.

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Good. You need it.

Hey, I can at least hit the jab jab short headbutt combo. 60% of the time.
Take a wild guess.

And since it's Saturday, this means you and your console part tomorrow so I'll be going back to Bad Company 2 for a month again.
It was the beginning of the first round and you were just chilling there. I was like "wtf"?

"I guess I'm eager for someone to step up and provide a model for domination in SSF4. When I see the same shuffling of winners that tends to happen at low-levels (playing at gatherings, online, with friends) and weekly tournaments (Guard Crush) happening at majors, it makes me a bit uneasy."

I would say stop looking at just the results and look at the matches themselves. Was the quality of play at SCR low? Absolutely not. The Daigo/Valle mirror match was probably the best SF4 Ryu mirror match ever recorded. Filipino Champ played consistently top-notch to win it. Daigo was doing sick things at Seasons Beatings like that Counter-hit crouch fierce into super that blew everyone's minds.

Whatever conclusions you're drawing from there being a similar shuffling at the majors that happens at "low-levels" have no concrete, direct correlation to support them. The most obvious explanation would be that at majors and at "low-levels" the competitors at the respective tournaments happen to be of similar skill.

TheSeks

Razor210 said:
It was the beginning of the first round and you were just chilling there. I was like "wtf"?

Got tired of "BALROG WINS." That and Hadoken spam only to wait for you to get in and win is boring~o/`

Honestly, though: I have no clue how Capcom ranks defense. I could block nearly everything with Cody and only receive a "B" or "C" (mostly C) from a round only to have A's in Offense or Technique.

And frankly at this stage of the game, I can't really care. No one I know in real life plays fighting games (or hell, games in general). SRK community around here is small and I don't really fit in there. GAF is a mixed bag. I like fighting games, but I can't really stand playing them with actual human people. Esp. online where lag tactics will generally win. BB is so prone to giving me 0/1/2 (low-end) ranked matches to where the thought of Ranked Matches in ANY fighting game makes me vomit.

Got 5th at my tourney. Could have made top three, but my fingers wanted to press a button when I knew I shouldn't have. But whatever happens happens, no need to dwell on it. But that loss actually helped me put my Sakura on the map. Did some crazy combos and such against one of the best players down here. Got pretty close, but I dropped some combos at crucial points. Still got my props, so I leave happy.
Will post vid of my last match when it gets uploaded. :D

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
I think Grifter picks U2 when we play just to troll me :lol

dragonballjoseph said:
Got 5th at my tourney. Could have made top three, but my fingers wanted to press a button when I knew I shouldn't have. But whatever happens happens, no need to dwell on it. But that loss actually helped me put my Sakura on the map. Did some crazy combos and such against one of the best players down here. Got pretty close, but I dropped some combos at crucial points. Still got my props, so I leave happy.
Will post vid of my last match when it gets uploaded. :D

Very nice. Grats.

gutabo

Got sent to losers bracket in quarter finals in this big local tourney today. Couldn't turtle at all when I had to and abel's u2 is too good. Finals are tomorrow, wish me luck(and if you have tips against abel I don't know it would be great), If I make it out of losers I think I'll have to fight that abel player again. Yeah, I used honda all the time, even against chun. Maybe counterpicking with my scrubby gief? I have more luck on the abel matchup with my rushdown blanka, so I might go for it.

PS: Congrats DBJ, miss you guys @gafchat! Big tourneys around here will be over soon.

Fersis

It is illegal to Tag Fish in Tag Fishing Sanctuaries by law 38.36 of the GAF Wildlife Act
Majestros retires.
Sad day, thanks for all your work and passion maj.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Rice-Eater said:
Word to Dudley players, don't always go for the bait against SRK characters. Three times in the past 2 days(1 from 2 days ago, 2 from today) I came back from the brink of defeat against Dudley players. In each occasion I could have been chipped to death but they were afraid of EX SRK(Ryu's, that is) so they would stay close and walk back or back dash. Each time I dashed forward and got a throw, I guess it surprised them. I think I got Floyd(Morro on GAF) a few days ago with that. I've been baited one too many times so I can smell that from a mile away now.
Get off your desk chair, dammit!

Pot Monster > Stream Monster

Hitokage said:
Get off your desk chair, dammit!

Pot Monster > Stream Monster

Sorry man, I was with friends all night late Friday/early Saturday drinking. I got up at 12pm yesterday and was like "screw it I just can't do it". I just locked myself in my room all day and didn't go anywhere.

I honestly felt bad about it since I told you, a few others, and myself that I was going to go.

TurtleSnatcher said:
Youre kidding right?

That Sim was not that good..

Of course I am, it's just a joke about Daigo having trouble with Sims.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Rice-Eater said:
Sorry man, I was with friends all night late Friday/early Saturday drinking. I got up at 12pm yesterday and was like "screw it I just can't do it". I just locked myself in my room all day and didn't go anywhere.

I honestly felt bad about it since I told you, a few others, and myself that I was going to go.

Of course I am, it's just a joke about Daigo having trouble with Sims.

I wasn't up to it either, but then again, I didn't get up til about 12:30 or so in the afternoon, and try to nap around 6 before going back to work, so I don't have a lot of time.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
arstal said:
I wasn't up to it either, but then again, I didn't get up til about 12:30 or so in the afternoon, and try to nap around 6 before going back to work, so I don't have a lot of time.
You don't even play anything!

Kimosabae

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Word to Dudley players, don't always go for the bait against SRK characters. Three times in the past 2 days(1 from 2 days ago, 2 from today) I came back from the brink of defeat against Dudley players. In each occasion I could have been chipped to death but they were afraid of EX SRK(Ryu's, that is) so they would stay close and walk back or back dash. Each time I dashed forward and got a throw, I guess it surprised them. I think I got Floyd(Morro on GAF) a few days ago with that. I've been baited one too many times so I can smell that from a mile away now.

This is a Ken staple for me. First round I often spam light SRK off resets and wakeup, conditioning them to fear that. Step kick/Kara Throw allows me to shirk pressure on wakeup.

Smarter players will simply stay further back or OS the throw, though, so you gotta watch out.

Swiss tournament in February sounding pretty nice. Tokido's been confirmed a few days ago, and before that they had already announced that Mago as well as Team EG (Wong / Marn / Ricky) would be present at the event. V-Ryu too, naturally.

One Japanese player left to 'reveal', but we'll only hear about that after Nagoya Street Battle's mini-tourney (8 participants tops) is over.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Hitokage said:
You don't even play anything!

I still play HDR (they put ST there) , and am willing to play Tekken, SC (but no one shows up for Tekken whenever I do) or VF (which no one ever showed up for).

I'd also play an UM for the giggles, though my SNK is real rusty.

I just don't want to play an Arc game, SF4 or 3S seriously. SF4 I just get random execution lag there for some reason, and the other games are too silly to take seriously.

Also, as you know, working graveyards makes it tough to commit enough time to step up my game or show sometimes. It can be done, but it takes a lot of effort.

Slasher

I know you guys are watching Canada Cup this weekend (Finals day about to go live with top 8 - Daigo, Mago, Mike Ross, JSMaster, Justin Wong, Gootecks, Air at http://www.ustream.tv/channel/teamspooky)

Starting at 4 PM EST (hoping when Canada Cup ends, but delays probably will not make this possible), Live On Three hosted by myself, djWHEAT and SirScoots returns after a 2 month hiatus with SoCal Regionals Champion Ryan "Filipino Champ" Ramirez joining the show to talk about his win. After his win at this past weekend's SoCal Regionals, Filipino Champ became the first American champion featuring Japanese competition in either Street Fighter 4 or Super Street Fighter 4. This included defeating Daigo twice, let alone Justin Wong and Ricky Ortiz once each. Lo3 will discuss with FC regarding his emotional victory at SCR, thoughts going into next weekend's hometown NorCal Regionals event, how his new sponsor BLGaming is treating him, and what the future holds. Lo3 will also be providing live updates from the Canada Cup, as well as diving into the recent controversy regarding SonicHurricane.com and
EventHubs.com.

Tune in at 4 PM EST at http://www.djWHEAT.tv

TheSeks

Sitting around and letting people win is amusing as shit to me. They don't know what the hell is going on at times.

"No, I don't want to play Team Battle. Yes, I picked Akuma so you can win these rounds perfect quickly. Hurry the fuck up so I can make another lobby, get this trophy and forget this mode exists."

QisTopTier

XisBannedTier
TheSeks said:
Sitting around and letting people win is amusing as shit to me. They don't know what the hell is going on at times.

"No, I don't want to play Team Battle. Yes, I picked Akuma so you can win these rounds perfect quickly. Hurry the fuck up so I can make another lobby, get this trophy and forget this mode exists."

Huh team mode is awesome and fun, then again it helps to have a group of friends to play it with. ahh the fond memories of trolling people online with a team of dans :lol

Fraeon

Man, I keep having issues with Chun's ultra 2.

I mean, it should be piss easy to input after EX legs but I always rush it so I come up with either a standing fierce or nothing. I don't even know how the hell that's even possible to screw up but there we go.

Maybe I should just start pumping it like crazy when I see Chun flashing yellow to avoid this and then hit the punches when I obviously see the move ending.

vulva

Fraeon said:
Man, I keep having issues with Chun's ultra 2.

I mean, it should be piss easy to input after EX legs but I always rush it so I come up with either a standing fierce or nothing. I don't even know how the hell that's even possible to screw up but there we go.

Maybe I should just start pumping it like crazy when I see Chun flashing yellow to avoid this and then hit the punches when I obviously see the move ending.
just don't use U2.

gutabo said:
Got sent to losers bracket in quarter finals in this big local tourney today. Couldn't turtle at all when I had to and abel's u2 is too good. Finals are tomorrow, wish me luck(and if you have tips against abel I don't know it would be great), If I make it out of losers I think I'll have to fight that abel player again. Yeah, I used honda all the time, even against chun. Maybe counterpicking with my scrubby gief? I have more luck on the abel matchup with my rushdown blanka, so I might go for it.

PS: Congrats DBJ, miss you guys @gafchat! Big tourneys around here will be over soon.

You probably know this already, but as a reminder just remember that if you do any meaty cancellable normal, and abel does wakeup U2 you can always cancel into a special. So if you do a meaty cr. mk, and he does wakeup U2, just cancel that shit into a headbutt.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Now that all tricks are revealed for this game, as an Abel player, I'm wondering how I should be using his U2 since I'm still using U1.

Any tricks or ways to combo it?

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
^^no it's just a trick/punish ultra

some people like it in shitty matchups like gief
Bah. Fuck that then. U1 fo' life~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom