• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LakeEarth

Lost Fragment said:
So Akuma noob question: is there any way to combo into lk tatsu on a crouching opponent after a hit confirm from a short?
c.short, c.jab, link c.mp (its a pretty easy link), then cancel into lk tatsu. This also gives you enough time to confirm if he's standing or not.

arstal said:
Rose needs U2 nerf, but I'd like to see her be able to juggle off EX Soul Reflect into U1 without FADC in the corner.
But then they would probably have to nerf the damage and make it easier to hit confirm into than U2, that way there would be a nice choice. But why the nerf on U2 if it helps her be less free on wake up and it's not like you can use it all the time either, it's limited damage and can be thrown out of.

_dementia said:
Have they mentioned what buffs they're giving to Hakan in an attempt to make him viable?

I remember really early on, during the loc-tests that oil was supposed to stack. Way too long, ago though. Who knows if it's gonna stick.

Lost Fragment said:
So Akuma noob question: is there any way to combo into lk tatsu on a crouching opponent after a hit confirm from a short?

LakeEarth said:
c.short, c.jab, link c.mp (its a pretty easy link), then cancel into lk tatsu. This also gives you enough time to confirm if he's standing or not.

I'm far from an expert with Aku, but does cr.MP force stand? I think cr.LK xx cr.LP, st.HP is better.

Nice! Dev blog TONIGHT! :)

Rocwell

Solid_Rain said:
But then they would probably have to nerf the damage and make it easier to hit confirm into than U2, that way there would be a nice choice. But why the nerf on U2 if it helps her be less free on wake up and it's not like you can use it all the time either, it's limited damage and can be thrown out of.
Not if you jump. I think the orbs shouldn't get armor break property on a reversal and then have it for their entire duration. Reversal projectiles don't normally break armor right? Do the orbs break armor regardless of whether or not it's a reversal?

Now that I know what plinking is, let's see if 1-frame links don't take me a dozen hours to learn anymore :lol

Dartastic said:
=/

...I really wanna know what AE changes were made, and when we're getting those patches. I also really need to practice my AA's.

Standing Strong nerf and nothing else.

Dartastic

God's Beard said:
Now that I know what plinking is, let's see if 1-frame links don't take me a dozen hours to learn anymore :lol

Standing Strong nerf and nothing else.
...that would blow. I'm not good enough to have it effect me too much, but whatever. I seriously, seriously need to get better at AA'ing and working on my pressure game more.

hitsugi

The only things that force stand with Akuma are c.HP and far s.RH. As a bnb, neither have use for that situation because you can only combo c.HP from close s.LP so yeah.. Best bet is to hope you land a CH c.MP, then you can follow with far RH into bnb. there's also the usual FADC combo if you have meter.

If not, end with a regular fireball / jab dp I guess.

MoxManiac

Y'know, I was lookin' at the gaming forum and I gotta ask, why does SSF4 thread get regulated to the online forum while CoD Black Ops gets to stay on the front page? Both games are equally online/multiplayer focused.

/salty

hitsugi said:
The only things that force stand with Akuma are c.HP and far s.RH. As a bnb, neither have use for that situation because you can only combo c.HP from close s.LP so yeah.. Best bet is to hope you land a CH c.MP, then you can follow with far RH into bnb. there's also the usual FADC combo if you have meter.

If not, end with a regular fireball / jab dp I guess.

I mentioned this up there, but you can link into close st.HP after cr.LP.

And I feel totally inept at this game. I can't get halfway decent with anyone except 'Sim. And even then I get torn up badly in all his tougher matchups. :\

jlai

Dartastic said:
=/

...I really wanna know what AE changes were made, and when we're getting those patches. I also really need to practice my AA's.

I find mak's c.mk to be extremely effective as an AA. You can dash forward after hit and on some chars you end up on the other side too so thats nice

eissan

Lost Fragment said:
Been playing a bit of Gen lately. FUN FACT: I mained Gen in vanilla for a few months, but I knew next to nothing about Neo Gen until a few days ago. What is this I don't even

Is this even possible? I mean, Canada's a pretty huge country.

I am glad you asked and the answer to your question is, YES IT IS!

good old winnipeg manitoba right dead center of canada!(my home town :p)

if they came here the travel time would be about 2 hours in each direction(2 hours from TO and 2 hours from calgary/edmonton flight time). Flights are pretty cheap comin to winnipeg as well.

we do have the best cammy player in canada(killa sasa) and probably top 3 akuma player as well(shinakuma204, dude is OG and hella good!).

Adam Prime

hates soccer, is Mexican
MoxManiac said:
Y'know, I was lookin' at the gaming forum and I gotta ask, why does SSF4 thread get regulated to the online forum while CoD Black Ops gets to stay on the front page? Both games are equally online/multiplayer focused.

/salty

Because CoD just came out, and this has been out for a while. The reason why this and other threads were moved online is because they've been out for a period of months, and the only thing keeping them alive is online play. Nobody is discussing SSFIV story mode! :lol

You can be ASSURED that CoD will be moved to the online forum after the holidays and people have finished single player.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
USD said:
I missed this episode of Real Life Adventures:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpeFHYAPusQ

Gootecks and Mike Ross, the Chinaman and the Negro. :lol
Comments:

"its jackie chan and chris tucker"
"This series is basically Rush hour"

Adam Prime said:
The reason why this and other threads were moved online is because they've been out for a period of months, and the only thing keeping them alive is online play.
I don't play this game online, and very little matchmaking occurs in this thread.

babenhausen

Neo Member
Dev blog is up.

Google translate for Rose:

Super Combo - -
While Seoul is visible spark is Orasourusupaku
Fix to prevent fires.
If you cancel out at supermarkets as before can be invoked.

Ultras - -
We have entered a major review of the Seoul satellite.
This time I'm going to reduce the time to consider the balance of invincibility as a whole.

[OVERALL]
Hisashi Tooru technology decision Ino Tsuyoshi long missiles, that have all the basic parts and calm air,
Basically, we only adjust the satellite and Seoul.

Can't wait to see what it actually says. Supermarkets.

Edit - Thanks USD.

USD

E. HONDA

Specials
-LP Headbutt now has lower body invincibility instead of upper body invincibility, making it harder to use as an anti-air.

Ultra Combos
-UC1 is now projectile invincible to the last active frame
-UC2 command is now 2 half circles, longer range, startup is now 2 frames

Other
-Is considered to be airborne after the invincibility frames of his backdash end
-Overall damage has been reduced

E. Honda gets to join Ibuki and Guy with jumpable grab Ultras. That sucks. :lol

USD

Yeah, Google translation is not a good idea, let me help you out. :lol

ROSE

Super Combo
-SC cannot be done while a regular fireball is on-screen
-Can still be done as a Super cancel (like Ryu, Hadoken xx Super)

Ultra Combo
-The invincibility frames for UC2 have been reduced

Looks like the others are going to take slightly longer to translate with my shit Japanese. :lol

LakeEarth

babenhausen said:
Google translate for Rose:

Super Combo - -
While Seoul is visible spark is Orasourusupaku
Fix to prevent fires.
If you cancel out at supermarkets as before can be invoked.
Supermarkets are unbalanced.

Imm0rt4l

Gouken:
[Normals]
Normals are overall improved:
- Frame advantage of close s.MP and close s.HK increased
- Close s.MK has 3f start-up
- Nj. HP and diagonal jump HK has pursuit property + slams opponent to the ground
- NO CHANGES IN NORMALS' RANGE
- Back throw does gray damage (<- From what I can see, it does 0 gray damage so it will get combo scaling)

[Specials]
- LP Palm changed, so it can combo from LP/LK attacks
- EX Tatsu now locks
- Demon Flip Focus recovery decreased a lot
- LP Kongo parries low, MP Kongo parries mid, HP Kongo parries high (omfg)

[Others]
- Backdash has invincible -> airborne frame right away

*humps the air furiously

Imm0rt4l said:
Gouken:
[Normals]
Normals are overall improved:
- Frame advantage of close s.MP and close s.HK increased
- Close s.MK has 3f start-up
- Nj. HP and diagonal jump HK has pursuit property + slams opponent to the ground
- NO CHANGES IN NORMALS' RANGE
- Back throw does gray damage (<- From what I can see, it does 0 gray damage so it will get combo scaling)

[Specials]
- LP Palm changed, so it can combo from LP/LK attacks
- EX Tatsu now locks
- Demon Flip Focus recovery decreased a lot
- LP Kongo parries low, MP Kongo parries mid, HP Kongo parries high (omfg)

[Others]
- Backdash has invincible -> airborne frame right away

*humps the air furiously

Nice... Some nice changes in there. I'm sure you're freakin' elated :lol

USD

GOUKEN

Normals
-Normals as a whole have been buffed
-cl.MP, cl.HK have greater frame advantage
-cl.MK startup is now 3F (formerly 5 frames)
-Neutral jump HP and diagonal jump HK now knockdown against air opponents (pursuit property)
-No changes to the reach of his normals
-Damage from his back throw is now recoverable (white/grey damage)

Specials
-LP Palm has been significantly altered, can now be comboed from light normals
-EX Tatsu now locks the opponent in
-Demon Flip > Punch (air counter) landing recovery has been drastically reduced
-Counter is now done entirely with punch
-LP Counter covers the lower body, MP mid-body, and HP upper body

Other
-Is considered to be airborne after the invincibility frames of his backdash end.

jlai

USD said:
E. HONDA

Specials
-LP Headbutt now has lower body invincibility instead of upper body invincibility, making it harder to use as an anti-air.

Ultra Combos
-UC1 is now projective invincible to the last active frame
-UC2 command is now 2 half circles, startup is now 2 frames

Other
-Is considered to be airborne after the invincibility frames of his backdash end.

E. Honda gets to join Ibuki and Guy with jumpable grab Ultras. That sucks. :lol

Rog U2 too

Ibuki

- Changed her normals' frames slightly.
- Standing LK's startup has been changed to 4F, so its easier to use as a light
- Also, close MK's startup has been changed to 5F, so its good for using in various combos
- Kunai damage has been reduced, as has Neckbreaker's damage and stun.
- Doing a Kunai from a backjump (retreat-kunai) will drop you down
- New target combo = c.HK, st.HK, You can use it at the end of TC6
- If you get hit during her command jump, it will do counter damage

Great, they fucking nerfed Ibuki. Kunai barely did damage to begin with.

USD

IBUKI

Normals
-st.LK startup is now 4 frames (one frame faster)
-st.MK startup is now 5 frames (one frame faster)

Specials
-Kunai does less damage
-Neckbreaker does less damage and stun
-Jump-back Kunai now has a more vertical trajectory

Other
-cr.HK >st.HK target combo added, can be done after Target Combo 6
-Hits taken during her command jump are counter hit

USD

E. HONDA

Specials

Ultra Combos
-UC1 is now projectile invincible to the last active frame
-UC2 command is now 2 half circles, longer range, startup is now 2 frames

Other
-Is considered to be airborne immediately after the invincibility frames of his backdash end
-Overall damage has been reduced

GOUKEN

Normals
-Normals as a whole have been buffed
-cl.MP, cl.HK have greater frame advantage
-cl.MK startup is now 3F (formerly 5 frames)
-Neutral jump HP and diagonal jump HK now knockdown against air opponents (pursuit property)
-No changes to the reach of his normals
-Damage from his back throw is now recoverable (white/grey damage)

Specials
-LP Palm has been significantly altered, can now be comboed from light normals
-EX Tatsu now locks the opponent in
-Demon Flip > Punch (air counter) landing recovery has been drastically reduced
-Counter is now done entirely with punch
-LP Counter covers the lower body, MP mid-body, and HP upper body

Other
-Is considered to be airborne immediately after the invincibility frames of his backdash end

ROSE

Super Combo
-SC cannot be done while a regular fireball is on-screen
-Can still be done as a Super cancel (like Ryu, Hadoken xx Super)

Ultra Combo
-The invincibility frames for UC2 have been reduced

IBUKI

Normals
-st.LK startup is now 4 frames (one frame faster)
-st.MK startup is now 5 frames (one frame faster)

Specials
-Kunai does less damage
-Neckbreaker does less damage and stun
-Jump-back Kunai now has a more vertical jump trajectory

Other
-cr.HK >st.HK target combo added, can be done after Target Combo 6
-Hits taken during her command jump are counter hit

Blanka, Abel, Gen, and Makoto are next week.

Double- and triple-checking time.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
hey USD check your PM plz. :D

man, reduced damage from honda is AWESOME!!!

edit: actually, that sucks. they should have just increased damage across the board. >_>

haunts

Bacon of Hope
marathonfool said:
I think the biggest problem with Honda's U1 was that it's slow. Invincibility frames doesn't change it much except better fireball punish.

yeah im not even sure why they made the change, i dont understand it considering its already an awesome fireball punish.

Why the fuck would they nerf Ibuki? Fuck you capcom.

Edit: cr. HK > st. HK target combo could be good. Would it be safer to do that when sweep doesn't connect? Or would that be punishable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom