• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yoshichan said:
Hmm, so basically, U2 doesn't absorb one hit during its last frames?
it works like any grey health absorbing move
if you life is too low, you just die instead of absorbing it

it'll lose to armor-breakers and multi-hit projectiles too

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
TheSeks said:
Sitting around and letting people win is amusing as shit to me. They don't know what the hell is going on at times.

"No, I don't want to play Team Battle. Yes, I picked Akuma so you can win these rounds perfect quickly. Hurry the fuck up so I can make another lobby, get this trophy and forget this mode exists."

On a somewhat related note, I played a 0bp/pp Cody the other day in ranked that did nothing but stand there and spam st.lk. I think the guy had just sat a coffee mug down on the lk button with turbo activated and went to bed or something.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
_dementia said:
it works like any grey health absorbing move
if you life is too low, you just die instead of absorbing it

Of course... completely missed the fact that he didn't have any health left.

LakeEarth

_dementia said:
This is actually good because shotos will EX fireball a lot more, wasting their meter faster. I do still prefer U1 against shotos, but U2 for Guile since you can't really use the ultra to punish fireballs on reaction.

_dementia said:
^^no it's just a trick/punish ultra

some people like it in shitty matchups like gief

I'd argue Soulless is a much better gimmick ultra when it comes to things like punishing Roses who want to cr.s > soul spiral.

I feel Breathless is much better when it comes to punishing universal actions; namely jumping in, and the ability to totally cut out your opponents backdash through fear of them eating an ultra is a godsend for your grab opportunities.

Needless to say get crouching jab > breathless down in training mode. On block you'll get a standing short, perfect for a step-kick follow up and on backdash you'll hit them with breathless. You *can* use the same os with Soulless but it's pretty unreliable. Also I love breathless for punishing teleports and dropped links.

Ultimately it comes down to how confident you are with your links/anti-air and how your opponent intends to defend against you.

LakeEarth said:
This is actually good because shotos will EX fireball a lot more, wasting their meter faster. I do still prefer U1 against shotos, but U2 for Guile since you can't really use the ultra to punish fireballs on reaction.

I think Guile's an interesting one, I tend to go U1 not because I'll be able to punish sonic booms but because I expect to be able to land a crouching fierce against him at some point during me pressure. However breathless will really make him think twice about going for a jab sonic boom and following up with walk up normal pressure.

Characters with short jump-arcs such as Rog and Geif are other characters depending on the player I might go in with Breathless because if I know I've got them in the corner I can get away with randomly throwing it out and they won't be able to deal with it.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Spruchy said:
Holy shit that Ken was awful I can't believe he won.
:lol :lol

Yoshichan

Imm0rt4l said:
lol

To _dementia's credit, I'm pretty sure he doesn't main ken.
Yeah, everyone knows _dem goes for those maracas!

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I just beat the #17 ranked Chun player in a mirror match on XBL. o_O

Fraeon said:
Man, I keep having issues with Chun's ultra 2.

I mean, it should be piss easy to input after EX legs but I always rush it so I come up with either a standing fierce or nothing. I don't even know how the hell that's even possible to screw up but there we go.

Maybe I should just start pumping it like crazy when I see Chun flashing yellow to avoid this and then hit the punches when I obviously see the move ending.

Are you using a joystick or a fight pad?

Rice-Eater said:
Will this be the man that gives Daigo the most trouble in Kuwait?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upKPkmajbjE

He's from Saudi Arabia, which borders Kuwait so he could be there. The Beast is coming so I assume all the big SF fans from the Middle East should try and make it to Kuwait.

I'll eat my hat if this average sim player gives him the least bit of trouble. That Abel player wasn't doing a very good job, either.

edit: i see you were being facetious :lol

also, has the new blog update on AE been published yet?

jlai

God's Beard said:
GGs to Eva01, Satymandas and jlai, even if I only got to fight an endless stream of Makotos :lol

I must be missing some secret Makoto day or something.

Every day is a good day to be Mak!

gutabo

FindMyFarms said:
You probably know this already, but as a reminder just remember that if you do any meaty cancellable normal, and abel does wakeup U2 you can always cancel into a special. So if you do a meaty cr. mk, and he does wakeup U2, just cancel that shit into a headbutt.
Thanks find, yeah I knew that but couldn't use it well. It wasn't a good day for me, still I got beat by the 1st and 2nd place (I finally placed 4th) so I'm not that salty about it. The rumor turned out to be true and(surprise!) the winner got a free ticket to sweden to participate on the dreamhack tourney. I'm MAD salty about it since I won the tourney earlier this year for the dreamhack summer tourney but got a CPU instead. Yeah, this-is-south-america.gif. Gotta say the promotion was really, really bad, and there was supposed to be people coming from all over south america but in the end it was only peruvians.

Gafchat, here I come! <3 I will be able to play now(no more lag caused by telenovelas)!

I just saw the Air vs Wong match from Canada Cup (I only got to catch the GF yesterday). Wow, Air's Ryu is fuckin good....he definitely has his own thing going. Probably one of my favorite matches of the tourney.

I was a bit disappointed with the tournament. Not to take away from his skill (because it's > than mine) but you know there's something wrong when Gootecks is OCVing teams.

From reading the thread on SRK, it seems like Calgary's scene is still coming. I hope next year, Canada blows up all of the foreigners. It's sometimes easy to forget they're up there but JS Master definitely did a good job of repping the scene over there (Air technically doesn't count). I want to see some of the Toronto and Montreal players people were talking about.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
I just wonder how JS Master got so much better than the rest of canada, save maybe Jozhear?

Perhaps he travels a bit more than the others..

haunts said:
I just wonder how JS Master got so much better than the rest of canada, save maybe Jozhear?

Perhaps he travels a bit more than the others..

But that's the thing, Haunts. That tournament wasn't indicative of the skill in Canada just Edmonton/Calgary area mostly. If you read the thread there seems to be a "lil" beef between the East and the West, as if this is the Canada Cup it should have been held someplace where all of the players wouldn't have a problem traveling to there. I guess the tickets to Calgary are hella expensive, which is why Sabin didn't attend.

It's similar to how you wouldn't expect the East Coast players to attend NCR.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:
But that's the thing, Haunts. That tournament wasn't indicative of the skill in Canada just Edmonton/Calgary area mostly. If you read the thread there seems to be a "lil" beef between the East and the West.

It's similar to how you wouldn't expect the East Coast players to attend NCR.

55 hr bus ride son!!!

haunts said:
55 hr bus ride son!!!

No thanks. Never. No way. I've flown on a plane for 13 hours, and it was ugh.

58 hours is more than two days of actual travel. Ninja, I ain't doing that unless you're saying it's to go to the moon or Mars.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Spiderjericho said:
No thanks. Never. No way. I've flown on a plane for 13 hours, and it was ugh.

58 hours is more than two days of actual travel. Ninja, I ain't doing that unless you're saying it's to go to the moon or Mars.

greyhound warriors.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Been playing a bit of Gen lately. FUN FACT: I mained Gen in vanilla for a few months, but I knew next to nothing about Neo Gen until a few days ago. What is this I don't even

as if this is the Canada Cup it should have been held someplace where all of the players wouldn't have a problem traveling to there

Is this even possible? I mean, Canada's a pretty huge country.

Lost Fragment said:
Is this even possible? I mean, Canada's a pretty huge country.

Probably not. But if the tickets to travel are prohibitively expensive for the Toronto/Montreal/U.S. players to buy then perhaps they should at least call the event the Calgary Cup so people aren't mistaken about it representing the whole of Canada.

JS Master happened to have won that free trip to the event. If he didn't, Wong, Ross, Gootecks, Mago, Daigo, Air wouldn't have really had any difficult making it to top 8.

Also, Haunts, good job on that interview with Catalyst.

LakeEarth

_dementia said:
I felt really bad for that team travelling 55 hours only to be OCVed by team USA in the first round of a single elim tourney.
I'm sure they still had good times. There was singles, casuals, exciting singles finals to watch, post-fighting game drinking, hitting on the cosplay girls, wake up the next morning in a drunken haze next to the Guile cosplayer, crying deeply. You know, good times.

If this was in TO I would've gone, but once I saw "Calgary" that was it for me.

The Juri cosplayer said she cosplayed as Sakura once. Waifu. :3

Also:
10 MORE HOURS UNTIL WE LEARN ABOUT HONDA NERFS!!!!!!!!! YEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!11

Also also:
19 MORE HOURS UNTIL SAKURA'S ALT COMES OUT!!!!!!

USD

dragonballjoseph said:
The Juri cosplayer said she cosplayed as Sakura once. Waifu. :3
jgbEV.jpg

I could tell she was part-Filipino, she sort of reminds me of Dragon Lily (don't google that at work :lol).

Posted the links to the two girl cosplayers in the Canada Cup thread, might as well post it here:

Cammy's site (Tali)
Juri's site (Vanessa)

LakeEarth said:
If this was in TO I would've gone, but once I saw "Calgary" that was it for me.

Damn. Hopefully, the East Coast has their own big tournament.

And I hope they fix the costume situation on Xbox. I want to pimp out my Boxer.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
That Sakura- I get a Cosplayer Kyoko or Yuki from KOF impression out of her with that.

With Honda, I got a feeling he'll get it bad, which is one reason why I'm practicing Juri some in case I decide to start playing again. Juri's actually fun to use, which is rare for a Sf4 char.

_dementia said:
Have they mentioned what buffs they're giving to Hakan in an attempt to make him viable?

I believe he'll be able to hit confirm shorts into slide. That's exactly what he needed, as every good grappler has a way to punish you for trying to escape a command grab (see: abel, gief)

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Solid_Rain said:
Oh that soon, and they better be kind to Rose.

Rose needs U2 nerf, but I'd like to see her be able to juggle off EX Soul Reflect into U1 without FADC in the corner.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom