• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
I don't understand the ins and outs of the game as well as a lot of you, but I'm really happy for Gouken. Just picked him up again recently and having plenty of fun as it is.

Let us wait and see about Makoto...

skitzophrenicdontpanic said:
I'm in south texas, where are you? gt: rbrogue

edit: 40 mins late :lol I'm up to play if you're still around in any case.

Or are you on PSN? :(
Holy shit I played u before! Gt jenova777

U own me so hard when we play :)

USD

_dementia said:
Haters gonna hate.

hatersgonnahateagha.gif

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
Dartastic said:
The recovery is a bit much, and if that was decreased a bit I'd be cool with everything else being the same. It's too easily punishable with it's current properties. But it still should not be beaten by normal throws. :p

Also, let EX Dash punch thingie break focus. PLEASE.

What I'd want for a Karakusa change

Normal version gets the properties of EX-karakusa
EX version gets throw invincibility (but not hit), including special throws, but not ultra throws.

Kinda a reverse of Abel.

EX dash punch should be 2-hit, EX orochi should be invulnerable low on startup.

skitzophrenicdontpanic said:
I remember you! You join my lobbies every once in a while but I haven't seen you much lately. Balrog/Ryu, right?

Sakura is free!

I'm Guy....(sometimes Cammy). I saw you had an open lobby last night, but I felt too rusty to take you on. I'll hit you up when I see you. Didn't know u are a fellow Gaf member :)

On a side note, I really wished they still had player matches. I hate waiting for my turn on endless...and people are so slow to join my lobby.

cHaotix8

I'm guessing since Makoto is next week Dudley will be the week after. Hoping he gets the buffs he needs to become more viable.

I'm scared of Sakura now. :<

LakeEarth

Live ran out so I was playing the AI when I beat the game with Chun, seeing Yun and Yang right there in the ending. I think back when everyone was like "ROLENTO! R.MIKA!" when Ono already told us exactly what extra characters we were going to get.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
People cry about karakusa's recovery, but I'm not sure why it should have less recovery than other command grabs considering she has a lot more options after her grab than other characters do. I really doubt they're gonna mess with the recovery/startup much.

I could see them maybe reducing the recovery of ex karakusa a bit though since she doesn't have many good buttons to push on wakeup compared other grapplers.

But anyway, I'll be happy if all they do is make U2 faster. Not expecting them to touch U2 at all, though :(

TimeKillr

Spiderjericho said:
Cost seems to be the big difference (and location). I priced a ticket to Vegas from NYC, and it was $400+ to fly around the dates of Evo (I chose July 8-12). The same dates going from Montreal to Calgary is like $600+.

That's basically it - nobody from MTL or Toronto went to Canada Cup (except JSMaster) because it's MUCH MUCH MUCH more expensive to go there than to go to EVO. Everything's more expensive.

MTL often travels to east coast tournaments because we can drive there. Driving to Calgary is going to take a HELL of a long time :)

Kadey's reasons about East Coast don't apply to Montreal at least - most of the players here are in their 20s (except for a few ones) but typically they aren't held down by school or other obligations - they just have to watch their cash.

600$ to attend something as small fries as Canada Cup just wasn't worth it.

Montreal hosts several tournaments every year - there's one series that has been going on for a while (MAT, the Montreal Annual Tournament) and others that have started up within the least 2 years, such as Nemesis, Massacre, etc. The community is rather involved.

I am satisfied with the characters we have. I hope Yun and Yang are more balanced and complete this time around compared to Makoto, Guy, etc.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
I never did understand why they ran?!

Hey SSF IV GAF.

I'm currently working on picking up Vega and I'm struggling with some really basic execution points. His normals are great, so I still get my cheap wins with cr. MP and folks who don't know that FBA can cross up but I'm starting to hit a wall against better players. I think part of it is that this is my first Street Fighter game and the first charge character that I'm trying to learn, so even the basics are still tough.

If anyone had some advice (or links / videos that would help) on the following I'd love to hear it.
  • df. HK -> ST - I don't really get how the cosmic heel creates enough time to charge the scarlet terror. I'm holding db as soon as I trigger the df. HK but I don't seem to have the charge for the followup ST.
  • cr. MP -> EX FBA - Are there any tip for getting the forward flying version of the EX FBA to come out? Right now I get EX ST or EX FBA that flys to the back wall more than I get the forward flying EX FBA. I checked in training mode and it looks like I'm holding uf when I trigger the FBA so I'm not sure what I'm missing here? Maybe lenient inputs messing me up a bit?
  • Izuna drop timing - I tried to read around on this. But even with the advice I'm still having trouble nailing these against anyone not jumping. Is there a specific part of the body you want to aim at to get it? A specific distance / height that you need to be at? I feel like I need this to keep focus happy enemies honest.

Yeeeeeaaaaaahhhhh boi, finally off dat 1 month ban!!!

I couldn't see shit due to the thread being move to the online forum. Well, glad to be back.

What the hell has been going on homey's?

Satyamdas

Banned
Yoshichan said:
I never did understand why they ran?!
Because they were going to get hit by snowballs.

Gutabo said:
Hey SSF IV GAF.

I currenly working on picking up Vega.
Awwwww Guty, I thought we were cool. You are my gafchat buddy. PLEASE reconsider picking up this abomination of a character and focus your awesome talents on a character who is actually worthy of them. Everyone knows Vega is the last bastion for one trick pony players and those who have no game plan other than running gimmicks all day. You are better than that, my friend.

D:

XenoRaven

black_vegeta said:

I couldn't see shit due to the thread being move to the online forum. Well, glad to be back.

It seems like you spend more time banned than not nowadays.

eissan

TheFightingFish said:
Hey SSF IV GAF.

I currenly working on picking up Vega and I'm struggling with some really basic execution points. His normals are great, so I still get my cheap wins with cr. MP and folks who don't know that FBA can cross up but I'm starting to hit a wall against better players. I think part of it is that this is my first Street Fighter game and the first charge character that I'm trying to learn, so even the basics are still tough.

If anyone had some advice (or links / videos that would help) on the following I'd love to hear it.
  • df. HK -> ST - I don't really get how the cosmic heel creates enough time to charge the scarlet terror. I'm holding db as soon as I trigger the df. HK but I don't seem to have the charge for the followup ST.
  • cr. MP -> EX FBA - Are there any tip for getting the forward flying version of the EX FBA to come out? Right now I get EX ST or EX FBA that flys to the back wall more than I get the forward flying EX FBA. I checked in training mode and it looks like I'm holding uf when I trigger the FBA so I'm not sure what I'm missing here? Maybe lenient inputs messing me up a bit?
  • Izuna drop timing - I tried to read around on this. But even with the advice I'm still having trouble nailing these against anyone not jumping. Is there a specific part of the body you want to aim at to get it? A specific distance / height that you need to be at? I feel like I need this to keep focus happy enemies honest.

vega gutabo?!?! come on dont be az_greg #2 :D. that's as bad as picking sim :p(can you tell I am trying to troll haha) . in all seriousness vega is not that good and is going to be nerfed even harder come AE.

Why dont you play mak or rog or something? why vega?

Goodness...when I asked for advice I didn't realize that Vega was so hated. Also, why the heck is everyone calling me Gutabo?

edit: mystery solved thanks to Satyamdas' keen eye for color
mag.jpg

543q939.jpg

Note for any future posters that the top image is Magneto, Master of Magnetism, comic book legend and top tier MvC2 character. Meanwhile the bottom image is a fish. This should clear up any future misunderstandings ;).

LakeEarth

_dementia said:
Yun and Yang were in Chun's animated intro in Vanilla SF4 as well.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VdC1r6OVf9M
Dammit!

On the Vega side of things, AZ Greg is the go-to guy for that kind of things, but on an amateur level here's some things I've noticed:
- standing roundhouse comes out in 4 fucking frames! It's a great anti-air, hits twice, just a really really good normal that you should learn how to use.
- c.lp -> c.mp -> EX forward wall dive may cause some scaling, but it is easy and allows for the hit confirm to the best damage you're going to get out of a poke with Vega.
- never forget about the air throw, cause I always do
- ultra 2 is a great anti-air, and if you do it to early, you get away clean
- jump back fierce as an instant overhead

EDIT - the Vega hate is due to everyone in this thread getting bodied by AZ Greg at one point or another

Satyamdas

Banned
TheFightingFish said:
Goodness...when I asked for advice I didn't realize that Vega was so hated. Also, why the heck is everyone calling me Gutabo?
Ohhhhhhh wow how embarrassing... hahahahaaaa my bad dude!! I have no business reading GAF when I've been up for almost 24 hours and am seriously punch drunk from too much SSF4. I have no idea why I thought you were gutabo, I think maybe you have similar color avatars? Man, I am autopiloting GAF like I do when I play SSF4. This is not good. Apologies for any confusion. D:

And Vega is not really hated. We were just trolling AZ Greg, who will probably be able to help you with your questions quite well actually, being that he is the best one trick pony, gimmick reliant Vega there is.

<3 Greg <3

Satyamdas said:
Maybe it's because I play a 900 health/stun character, but I don't see the problem with this. As it is now in Super I see rounds ended with the timer still at 85 or above all the freaking time, and not just scrubs getting mashed out but good players who just made one or two mistakes. I seriously doubt we are going to see that many more time out rounds because of a few nerfs to damage and stun.

In the same boat. I've got a bad feeling about changes to 'Sim. :lol

black_vegeta said:

wb. why you were banned again?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
so since there's going to be alternate costume-releases for super until like may 2011. Does this mean street fighter AE ain't coming for a looooong time? ://///////

Axis

Corky said:
so since there's going to be alternate costume-releases for super until like may 2011. Does this mean street fighter AE ain't coming for a looooong time? ://///////

if the AE patch/chars are dlc then what's the issue?

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Axis said:
if the AE patch/chars are dlc then what's the issue?

then there's absolutely no issue, I was under the impression that AE was a disc-release. Hell I can't wait for it, that's why I want it now ;(

USD

Corky said:
First off, they're speeding up the costume release schedule, the last pack comes out January 25. If you're talking about the arcade release, no, it's coming out a month from now (Dec 16). If you're talking about the eventual console release, who knows, hopefully some time this winter. It won't have to be 6 months though.

AZ Greg

TheFightingFish said:
Hey SSF IV GAF.

I'm currently working on picking up Vega and I'm struggling with some really basic execution points. His normals are great, so I still get my cheap wins with cr. MP and folks who don't know that FBA can cross up but I'm starting to hit a wall against better players. I think part of it is that this is my first Street Fighter game and the first charge character that I'm trying to learn, so even the basics are still tough.

df.HK > ST: Simply a timing issue/getting it down to muscle memory. As soon as you input the df.HK you need to move your stick to db. Then after the df.HK hits you need to wait a split second. The ST doesn't need to be inputted immediately after the df.HK hits, you actually have a tiny bit of time to scoop them before they hit the ground. It actually isn't that hard and you'll have it down in no time with a little practice. Also, you can do df.HK > EX FBA which will get you 10 more dmg than df.HK > ST (Though it costs a meter) and it's much easier to execute. You input the df.HK, keep the stick in df then go to uf and hit PP for the EX FBA. This is good to use until you're comfortable with the combo to ST and will allow you to still capitalize on the df.HK hit.

cr.mp > EX FBA: This is something that is initially tricky for all new Vega players since Capcom doesn't explain it well. You basically have to hold UF longer than you normally would for the input of a move otherwise he'll go off his own wall. So: cr.mp > uf PP (and hold UF until you see Vega going up towards your opponents wall). This is the same with all of his wall moves.

Izuna drop timing: Again, this just takes practice. Capcom decided to make it a lot tougher to hit on the ground then in something like ST. The best area to try and grab is just behind their head and a little bit towards the back of their neck. Also learn which characters are easier to grab vs. characters that are harder to grab and use it accordingly.

Also, stay free Saty.

I believe I got banned for telling someone to "man up" and "stop bitching about a games difficulty." The mod said, "if I don't have nothing to add to the thread, don't post in it."

There's definitely no uniform reasons on why you get banned and for how long. Depends on the mods mood I guess.

I don't know, whatever...just glad to be back.

Thanks much for the tips Greg. I'll trying holding up-forward for longer to get that EX FBA to go forward as that was really ticking me off trying to execute. The combo from df. HK to EX FBA also sounds like a really nice call. My execution is pretty crummy so the trade of meter for an easier combo is an easy one to make considering that I usually don't manage my meter well and end up with lots to spare.

eissan

Satyamdas said:
Ohhhhhhh wow how embarrassing... hahahahaaaa my bad dude!! I have no business reading GAF when I've been up for almost 24 hours and am seriously punch drunk from too much SSF4. I have no idea why I thought you were gutabo, I think maybe you have similar color avatars? Man, I am autopiloting GAF like I do when I play SSF4. This is not good. Apologies for any confusion. D:

And Vega is not really hated. We were just trolling AZ Greg, who will probably be able to help you with your questions quite well actually, being that he is the best one trick pony, gimmick reliant Vega there is.

<3 Greg <3

satyamdas you got me confused too! thanks alot I hope they nerf sim worse than claw :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom