• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Cammy finally gets some damn pants, but they also come with that stupid cat hood.

I was hoping that her alt 10 would remove the hood at least.

Want Maternity Wear Sakura and Big Boobs, Tiny Tie Viper tho.

V_Arnold

arstal said:
True. I don't know if SSFIV AE is going to be more balanced then SSFIV- my guess is probably less. SSFIV got it about as close as the SF formula allows.

Wha....what?
Or wait, just...just do not answer.
Capcom will surely patch the game to be more...IMBALANCED? o_o

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
AkumaHokoru said:
You would have known if you were subscribed. :)
It's such a hassle to log on to youtube I hardly ever bother anymore. -_- Still, All the videos up right now are stuff I saw live. Where is the video of mike ross getting peace'd with gootecks crying on the sidelines like a distraught housewife?? That's the shit I want to see :c

This might be a bit old, but wow. CoD xx Super works if the CoD hit initiated Stun
in Vanilla, the super would whiff on stunned opponents if supercanceled from the CoD that initiated the stun. If you're really good an gauging the opponent's stun, maybe it's viable I dunno.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qIvbuKs4hsY

I'm sure they'll get rid of it in AE.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
counter hit c.fp into tiger uppercut is the best combo ever. it causes instant saltyness or a look of shock and awe on the opponents face. so awesome.

_dementia said:
This might be a bit old, but wow. CoD xx Super works if the CoD hit initiated Stun
in Vanilla, the super would whiff on stunned opponents if supercanceled from the CoD that initiated the stun. If you're really good an gauging the opponent's stun, maybe it's viable I dunno.

haha wow it even -looks- glitchy.

Leunam

_dementia said:

I've pulled it off a couple times before, but I wasn't really aiming for it. I did it on someone playing Seth here on GAF and everyone in the room was stunned when they saw it.

Diggin' the femme fatale alts... Still a damn shame the PS3 users who haven't bought the new packs can't view the new alts when other players use them. wtf is that bs?

the_log_ride said:
Diggin' the femme fatale alts... Still a damn shame the PS3 users who haven't bought the new packs can't view the new alts when other players use them. wtf is that bs?
It's really weird. Maybe Capcom is testing the waters to see which is more successful (seeing the alt vs. getting bombarded with a message stating YOU HAVE NOT BOUGHT THIS SO YOU CAN'T SEE IT).
Bah, who knows.

Axis

i'd love to play daigo online to see if i can scrub him out...but i don't know how to earn points to enter the raffle on capcom-unity..,yes, i'm such a noob :(

Rocwell

Spiderjericho said:
Feel sorry for him. First, Canada's Cup now this. As much as people say what a diva he is, he seems to go along with everything.
Yeah Daigo has to play Street Fighter against random scrubs for 3 hours with only an hour and a half break in between. However will he manage it? I can just imagine him, a Beast chained to his joystick playing online matches with vastly inferior internet while a single tear rolls down his expressionless face.

It's just awful that Capcom would take advantage of him like this without compensating him for his time at all.

::Edit:: and can someone refresh my memory in regards to how much money Daigo won at Canada cup excluding money matches? :lol

Dartastic said:
I'd be so salty if I was that Sim. :lol

I wouldn't be salty at all if a top player did that to me. It's Poongko, anytime he wanted to end the match he could have done it.

Final counterhit TAP+Super is 998 damage BTW. So most of the cast would live through it, although the 1000 HP characters could easily be chipped to death afterward.

As for Daigo, I'd love to try and be one of those guys to get a match against him. But I'm all the way out here in the East coast(NC). So even though my chances aren't good I won't even try because of that.

Rocwell said:
::Edit:: and can someone refresh my memory in regards to how much money Daigo won at Canada cup excluding money matches? :lol

212 players: $2120
Pot bonus: $2000
Total: $4120
1st place: 70% of total pot

Daigo's SSF4 tournament winnings: $2884

Sorry, I just felt like typing all that :lol

After NCR is over, Daigo will have probably made over 10k in the past 3 weeks via tournament winnings and money matches. Street Fighter has been very very good to the Beast.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
V_Arnold said:
Wha....what?
Or wait, just...just do not answer.
Capcom will surely patch the game to be more...IMBALANCED? o_o

Not intentionally. Fuck-ups happen. When you get this many chars+ balance this close, it's HARD to make it better. More then likely it makes it worse. Not saying it's going to turn into Third Strike.

You guys underestimate how hard balancing a fighting game can be.

Axis

Hitokage said:
Buff Honda and put in easy inputs. Simple!

durrrrr honda HHS should be 3 punches cuz it's not easy enough for good honda players to do already

durrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

arstal said:
Not intentionally. Fuck-ups happen. When you get this many chars+ balance this close, it's HARD to make it better. More then likely it makes it worse. Not saying it's going to turn into Third Strike.

You guys underestimate how hard balancing a fighting game can be.

even your idol couldn't get it right...i'm pretty sure they know what the fuck they're doing

Axis

Hitokage said:
Well, that isn't so clear.

as much as there's certain things i can complain about in the game...it's pretty well balanced for such a large character roster. there's a lot of character diversity in the top 8 lately...that should be a testament to how well it's balanced.

vulva

man, chun li's proportions look so off with that new costume. I went from being super excited, to being weirded out by it. =(

Hey guys is PSN down? I can't get online at all, and I was really salty to because I lost my last match and was trying to get back at the guy. Anyways, at first I couldn't connect to anybody. I must have had something like 20 straight "unable to connect" messages. Then I disconnect my router and now I can't get back on PSN at all. Just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem.

Edgeward

Rice-Eater said:
Hey guys is PSN down? I can't get online at all, and I was really salty to because I lost my last match and was trying to get back at the guy. Anyways, at first I couldn't connect to anybody. I must have had something like 20 straight "unable to connect" messages. Then I disconnect my router and now I can't get back on PSN at all. Just wondering if anybody else is having the same problem.

Nope, just finished playing just now and no problems.

GGs to Eva, Saty and Spoon Type. I think I'm starting to use focus attacks properly?

Saty, stop using late teleports, it's too hard to hit you with stuff!

Also, Eva, I wasn't trolling you with Makoto the one time. I noticed you stopped moving a lot when I was buffering, but don't worry, I wasn't going for the ultra :D I just wanted to see if I could land uppercut super U2 really badly.

I couldn't. :lol

Anyway, I think my training is starting to pay off, my footsies are recognizably better and I'm not whiffing so much stuff anymore. So dangerous. I think my spacing and overall gameplan are getting better, and I'm more aware of meter management, but I think I'm also a little worse at my combos and option selects because I haven't been practicing as much.

Satyamdas

Banned
God's Beard said:
Saty, stop using late teleports, it's too hard to hit you with stuff!
GGs man. I really need to stop using so many teleports, full stop. My problem is that I'm way too impatient, and rather than stay safe and poke people's life away I want to get in and do as much damage as I can as fast as I can and it usually ends up biting me in the ass. Like the time I went for the kill on your wakeup w/ a teleport and ate that Ultra. This happens far too often for someone who has been playing SF4 as long as I have. :\

God's Beard said:
Anyway, I think my training is starting to pay off, my footsies are recognizably better and I'm not whiffing so much stuff anymore. So dangerous. I think my spacing and overall gameplan are getting better, and I'm more aware of meter management, but I think I'm also a little worse at my combos and option selects because I haven't been practicing as much.
Definitely noticed some improvement in your game. If I may offer a couple suggestions I'd say to bait more on your opponents wakeup, mix up your attacks a bit more and look for counterhit setups, and this is specific to fireball characters and Dudley but use his command dash into that straight punch to work your way through fireball zoning. When I have trouble with Duds it's because they negate my fireball game very easily thanks to that move and then he's in my face and it's GGPO.

Coeliacus

Happy Phantom said:
the arms are weird, but it's her huge legs. The other costumes made it seem like potentially loose pants or something.
She is lacking the puffy shoulders to make her bottom half look somewhat proportionate. Alt 1 made this painfully obvious, I don't know how you could miss it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom