• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
MarkMan said:
155296_10150299621200391_668370390_15424396_1638432_n.jpg

[/IMG]

Reon Essu Kennedy

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Fuck! Mike Ross is so damn hot, it's not even funny.

The rest is meh.

Yoshichan said:
Fuck! Mike Ross is so damn hot, it's not even funny.

The rest is meh.

He looks cold in that one pic without a jacket. I think it's cool that playing SFIV and the community has allowed Ross, Wong and Gootecks to become friends. That was a great IRL adventures and definitely a perk of being a world warrior.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Yeah, when I see that Real Life Adventure, I get all warm inside :D I wish a community like that existed where I live.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Beginning to hate you Capcom - I love how they just say "oh, there's general damage reductions for Honda, no need to say where!" - like they're dropping it everwhere or something...

There goes one of his best anti-air options as well with LP Headbutt, nice - a charge character who will be easier to cross-up...

Yay for making his U2 jumpable, the few that actually use to use it will drop it altogether now...

All of my favorite characters are getting hit with ridiculous reductions, but watch them not do a damn thing to improve Makoto where it counts next week...

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Lost Fragment said:
But didn't they improve its range as well? If so, it'll make a pretty damn good punish ultra.

Being a better punish, especially without having to leave the ground is a good thing, but it still kinda sucks for a grab Ultra that can be jumped out of, especially if the recovery remains the same as before...

Also, if I remember correctly (since I haven't used U2 in ages), U2 hardly had any range to begin with, I think it was shorter than/equal to than HP Ochio, which has the shortest range...

Lost Fragment said:
But didn't they improve its range as well? If so, it'll make a pretty damn good punish ultra.
I see Mike Ross walk up oichio which is 5f startup so U2 is definately usable now with hcbx2 motion.

USD

anotheriori said:
I see Mike Ross walk up oichio which is 5f startup so U2 is definately usable now with hcbx2 motion.
Not really. If you catch someone pushing a button, maybe. But since you can jump after the Ultra flash, it's more useless than Oicho as a surprise attack.

I still think that jump-able grab ultras are incredibly stupid.

USD said:
Not really. If you catch someone pushing a button, maybe. But since you can jump after the Ultra flash, it's more useless than Oicho as a surprise attack.

I still think that jump-able grab ultras are incredibly stupid.
oic, well then yea... hmm could be used as counter poke or frame trap, though otherwise he'd probably eat grapplers alive.

anotheriori said:

True, but Ochio throw doesn't have a big freeze that tells you to hold up on the pad/stick.

Ultra freeze eating inputs is what makes it a significant nerf unless they're already committed to a move anyway. Who knows if they've tweaked the ultra freeze though, anything is possible.

I guess it still can be used in the way that Fubarduck explained Ibuki's Yoroitoshi could be used to stop DP fadc's since most characters are at disadvantage on that iirc. But it takes away some of the utility it used to have.

Wonder how far Honda is going to fall. He seems like one of the harder characters to balance - charge characters in general seem to be minefields.

Hands fadc U2 was so scary before :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
So, today's new costume pack...

Chun, Rose, and Viper = Awesome alts.

Cammy = LOL. Has no mask in #10, but despite being based on the Killer Bee armor from the SF Zero manga, it just looks off.

Sakura = Somehow this turned out really, really ugly. Funky colors on the flower patterns.

gibration said:
Vanilla SF 4 w/ SE Fightsick for $29 at Walmart! PS3 and Xbox 360

So tempting. But I really want to just wait and get a TE stick for each system.

Hmm...

ugh, yeah, Cammy's alt sucks. I hate the way her pants look. But Rose's new alt....omg...so classy and good. And Chun, definitely my favorite outfit of hers.

Too bad they didn't finish the tourney and have Sanford/Die battle it out. It seems like Marlinpie/FYC Ryder/Dieminion are just below Sanford, who is just below Art in the North East.

vg260

I'm trying to understand how the new DLC is handled by the xbox. All three work fine for me, but I'm just curious since I didn't see them all in my HD item list on the 360 and I thought they didn't download properly at first.

All three packs so far are about 152 MB. If you buy one, you have 'ultra collection 1' item under Super SFIV in your memory menu, and not three individually named packs. If you buy the others, it's only about a 1-second download, like it's downloading an unlock key, but it does not list the individual item in your HD item list like the first super packs which were all about 72kb. You could copy these to your memory card. It looks like whatever the first one you get is downloads the 152 MB file and the subsequent ones just unlock parts of it, but are these now hidden in your memory device list?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Cool costumes (except for batgirl). Can't wait for christmas break so I can play again. :c

2&2 said:
I'm trying to understand how the new DLC is handled by the xbox. All three work fine for me, but I'm just curious since I didn't see them all in my HD item list on the 360 and I thought they didn't download properly at first.

All three packs so far are about 152 MB. If you buy one, you have 'ultra collection 1' item under Super SFIV in your memory menu, and not three individually named packs. If you buy the others, it's only about a 1-second download, like it's downloading an unlock key, but it does not list the individual item in your HD item list like the first super packs which were all about 72kb. You could copy these to your memory card. It looks like whatever the first one you get is downloads the 152 MB file and the subsequent ones just unlock parts of it, but are these now hidden in your memory device list?
The one download you had to be able to see the ultra costumes IS the entire set. the "releases" are unlock keys so you can use them as well as see them.

Skilotonn said:
Chun Li's thighs, yesssssssssssss.

Rose's alt looks much better than I thought it did...
Agreed, the hair style is the only part I don't like and most of the colours actually look very good but I don't know if I'm going to change from the awesome Alt 1.

And wow at Chun's thighs, I didn't realise they were so big!

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
the_log_ride said:
God help you all if they actually improve drills and mummy for AE.

Capcom will probably change it back to how they were in vanilla :(

Would make him the Ryu killer, and the game needs a char that can beat shotos 7-3.

vg260

AkumaHokoru said:
The one download you had to be able to see the ultra costumes IS the entire set. the "releases" are unlock keys so you can use them as well as see them.

That's how I thought it was supposed to work, but something different is going on with these. They all work fine, but the weird thing is, I did not download the "Ultra Costume Catalog 1" (the free one) before downloading the individual packs. Just "Ultra Challengers Pack 1", "Ultra Shoryuken Pack", and "Ultra Femme Fatales Pack". These do not show up in the HD items listed individually by these names. They show up that way in my DL history, but all that shows up in the HD list is something called "Ultra Costume 1" @ 145 MB. I bought the "Ultra challengers Pack 1" first when it came out and the other two last night. Only the first purchase actually downloaded something of any size (the 145MB "Ultra Costume 1") and is listed in my HD items. The other two don't show up there. Obviously that one contains everything, but what's strange is the unlock keys DL for the other two don't appear anywhere. That threw me at first.

So to experiment, I deleted everything and re-downloaded the "Ultra Femme Fatales Pack" pack first, and it DL'd the 145 MB "Ultra Costume 1" item to my HD. The next two DL's were like one second DLs and added no additional items to my HD. I could still see them in-game. It seems whatever pack you download first puts the ""Ultra Costume 1" file on your HD, which has them all, and any subsequent packs are invisible unlocks.

I saw an article on another site that said Capcom Japan has temporarily listed the next releases as "undecided" stating issues with Live. Seems like MS might have some bigger issues. Perhaps similar issues are what's keeping the Valkenhayn DLC from coming out for BlazBlue.

USD

Early morning stream. NSB TV starts at 7 AM EST on Wednesday. I just woke up, so don't know all what's going on, but Strip Fighter (AKA Aniki) is playing right now:

http://www.ustream.tv/channel/nsb

EDIT: It's Gama, Kokujin, Kindevu, and Choco in the building. They're announcing the players for the JP qualifiers for the Beat By Tournament in Switzerland next year. Whoever wins gets a trip to the tourney.

USD

These are the players for the Beat By Contest qualifier:

BLOCK A
Eita
Uryo
Zangi-tan
Haneyama

BLOCK B
Kindevu
Momochi
Sako
Gamerbee

USD

Not sure when it starts. Apparently the players were nominated by the tournament organizers, and they'll be covering all the travel expenses for the winner.

arstal

Whine Whine FADC Troll
_dementia said:
a balanced game wouldn't have any 7-3 matchups at all wtf man

True. I don't know if SSFIV AE is going to be more balanced then SSFIV- my guess is probably less. SSFIV got it about as close as the SF formula allows.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom