• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Satyamdas said:
Like the time I went for the kill on your wakeup w/ a teleport and ate that Ultra.

Trust me, I try to do this almost every time you teleport, but the problem is, the timing for the auto correct vs normal direction is so tight that with the late fireball it's hard to tell what to go for. that's why I got the EX counter instead of U2 the one time. It's a hard ultra choice, Ultra 1 shuts down mid range fireballs and escape teleports, U2 eats limbs and shuts down teleport traps. I probably shouldn't say this, but the reason I got hit by so many teleports is because I mostly used Ultra 1, which will always whiff on late fireball traps on reaction. I'd use EX upper, but accidentally getting cross counter and being tagged by the fireball is too big a risk.

Satyamdas said:
this is specific to fireball characters and Dudley but use his command dash into that straight punch to work your way through fireball zoning. When I have trouble with Duds it's because they negate my fireball game very easily thanks to that move and then he's in my face and it's GGPO.

Really? I never use that against dhalsims because of how easily I get hit by the normals during ducking. I usually use focus when I'm close enough to be confident not to get hit. Trust me, I'm more than willing to lame it out all day with Ducking Straight against normal fireball characters. I've timed out a Guile on chip with that thing :lol

Aedile

Less SF4 than fighting game community-related, but Psychorarity just posted some brief, ancient (circa 2003-4) interviews with Ricky Ortiz, Justin, Sanford and others, talking about MvC2. Nothing revelatory, but wanted to pass them along for the nostalgia factor. (On that note, my favorite fighting game nostalgia video on Youtube is still Valle vs Daigo '98, which I'm sure many of you have seen.)

Axis

God's Beard said:
Trust me, I try to do this almost every time you teleport, but the problem is, the timing for the auto correct vs normal direction is so tight that with the late fireball it's hard to tell what to go for. that's why I got the EX counter instead of U2 the one time. It's a hard ultra choice, Ultra 1 shuts down mid range fireballs and escape teleports, U2 eats limbs and shuts down teleport traps. I probably shouldn't say this, but the reason I got hit by so many teleports is because I mostly used Ultra 1, which will always whiff on late fireball traps on reaction. I'd use EX upper, but accidentally getting cross counter and being tagged by the fireball is too big a risk.

Really? I never use that against dhalsims because of how easily I get hit by the normals during ducking. I usually use focus when I'm close enough to be confident not to get hit. Trust me, I'm more than willing to lame it out all day with Ducking Straight against normal fireball characters. I've timed out a Guile on chip with that thing :lol

he's not saying to use ducking from full screen under fireballs but if you're close enough to duck under on reaction and catch him before he recovers then you make it insanely easy for yourself because you can generally keep him from running away. maybe stop trying to punish teleport with ultra until you're confident with it and just use a normal to poke him out of the air and reset(the same way i do with cammy's s.fp and chun's s.rh when he teleports towards me) and that makes it more difficult for him to mix you up because dhalsim's low heatlh means he really doesn't want to eat that damage if you can punish his teleport.

Axis said:
he's not saying to use ducking from full screen under fireballs but if you're close enough to duck under on reaction and catch him before he recovers then you make it insanely easy for yourself because you can generally keep him from running away.

Yeah, I was just surprised it bothers him so much, because at that range I'm close enough to focus. You guys are right though, if I do ducking straight closer(fierce ducking upper range probably) he can't hit me and his recovery is longer.

maybe stop trying to punish teleport with ultra until you're confident with it and just use a normal to poke him out of the air and reset(the same way i do with cammy's s.fp and chun's s.rh when he teleports towards me) and that makes it more difficult for him to mix you up because dhalsim's low heatlh means he really doesn't want to eat that damage if you can punish his teleport.

The problem is that he's been doing really late teleports compared to last time I fought him. If I jab, the fireball hits me, so I have to do a fireball-invincible move or block. If I block the fireball then jab, I get counter hit for sure. A late short ducking would probably work, but if I guess the wrong input I'll get short swing blow and eat a counter hit combo. Ultimately, the punishment for guessing wrong isn't that bad unless he has super and the reward is massive, but it's just a frustrating little thing since I have to guess inputs. I really don't like auto correct. Without it, I could buffer ultra all day and still block.

I don't think the Dudley matchup is as bad as I did though. 6.5 Dhalsim. If saty never did teleport traps, it'd actually be a harder fight.

Axis

God's Beard said:
Yeah, I was just surprised it bothers him so much, because at that range I'm close enough to focus. You guys are right though, if I do ducking straight closer(fierce ducking upper range probably) he can't hit me and his recovery is longer.

The problem is that he's been doing really late teleports compared to last time I fought him. If I jab, the fireball hits me, so I have to do a fireball-invincible move or block. If I block the fireball then jab, I get counter hit for sure. A late short ducking would probably work, but if I guess the wrong input I'll get short swing blow and eat a counter hit combo. Ultimately, the punishment for guessing wrong isn't that bad unless he has super and the reward is massive, but it's just a frustrating little thing since I have to guess inputs. I really don't like auto correct. Without it, I could buffer ultra all day and still block.

I don't think the Dudley matchup is as bad as I did though. 6.5 Dhalsim. If saty never did teleport traps, it'd actually be a harder fight.

look at it like this: if he throws a fireball out and does a late teleport...if you can take him out of the teleport with a medium or fierce normal it's probably worth taking the fireball damage as sim's health is really shit especially to a char with as much damage output as dudley...you could also try to time an exdp to hit him out of the teleport and completely miss the fireball. you can't be afraid to take a little damage if you can do a little more to him in exchange...dudley has far more health than sim and if you can at least make him weary of doing it then you'll shut down one of his options.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Just in a couple of days...

DPK4A.jpg

Axis said:
look at it like this: if he throws a fireball out and does a late teleport...if you can take him out of the teleport with a medium or fierce normal it's probably worth taking the fireball damage as sim's health is really shit especially to a char with as much damage output as dudley...you could also try to time an exdp to hit him out of the teleport and completely miss the fireball. you can't be afraid to take a little damage if you can do a little more to him in exchange...dudley has far more health than sim and if you can at least make him weary of doing it then you'll shut down one of his options.

You're right. I can't just go nuts in every aspect of the fight except when he does fireball traps. Rentahamster has conditioned me to shit myself every time I see fire, and I need to change that. I gotta just go in, make it happen.

Axis

God's Beard said:
You're right. I can't just go nuts in every aspect of the fight except when he does fireball traps. Rentahamster has conditioned me to shit myself every time I see fire, and I need to change that. I gotta just go in, make it happen.

there's no point in recklessly rushing saty down...he'll catch on soon enough and stay away from you and frustrate the fuck out of you....you just have to wait for him to make a mistake and capitalize on it completely...also, HIT CONFIRMS NIGGA! lol

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
TheSeks said:
Going to be throwing those in the trash in a couple of days, eh?
.____________.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Throw me a PM when you get angry at the stick this time yoshi. I'll pay for shipping and everything. ;)

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Brobzoid said:
Throw me a PM when you get angry at the stick this time yoshi. I'll pay for shipping and everything. ;)

Fucking seriously. But only if he removes the terrible stick art he has planned.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
Axis said:
there's no point in recklessly rushing saty down...he'll catch on soon enough and stay away from you and frustrate the fuck out of you....you just have to wait for him to make a mistake and capitalize on it completely...also, HIT CONFIRMS NIGGA! lol

PSSSSHHHHHH....thats all I do vs him and any other sim. GO IN!!!

Yoshichan

I'll be on my way out of this thread now :(...

No one appreciates me
or my amazing stick cover

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
_dementia said:
On blast.

By a controller player as well. Damn, right?

Yoshichan said:

No one appreciates me

I tease because I love, Yoshi. <3 (and mindboggle at how you can throw a $100+ controller in the thrash in rage. Break it, or sell it sure. But throw it in the trash instead of giving it away. WTF.)

"Two girls, one stick" does nothing for me. Arcade Stick art shouldn't be sexy for sexy-sake (if you get what I mean) and shouldn't be distracting, IMO. How long are you going to be looking at the arcade stick when you're fighting, anyway?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Yoshichan said:

No one appreciates me
Once I get my sub-standard stick from Walmart and get some better stuffing for it it'll be all good. but til then you're still on notice!

Axis

haunts said:
PSSSSHHHHHH....thats all I do vs him and any other sim. GO IN!!!

lol i have been lately cuz i'm cammy and he hates me for it :(

but anyone else i try to feel him out

and gods beard...no sometimes! if you land a c.lp...chain another one before the s.rh...some damage is better than missing the combo ya know?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
In related news, I figured out the other day that if Makoto stuffs one of Sim's limbs with st.mp, she can combo into regular hayate too from certain distances.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lost Fragment said:
In related news, I figured out the other day that if Makoto stuffs one of Sim's limbs with st.mp, she can combo into regular hayate too from certain distances.
shut up, you'll make Capcom nerf her

Axis said:
and gods beard...no sometimes! if you land a c.lp...chain another one before the s.rh...some damage is better than missing the combo ya know?

Missing combos? Maybe an hour ago I would have agreed with you, but I just learned how to plink, MOTHERFUCKER!

dscf30798ui7.gif

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE

cFP, RH xx Fierce Machine Gun Blow: 304 damage, 520 stun, no meter
cFP, RH xx EX Machine Gun Blow, cRH: 366 damage, 554 stun, 1 meter

Add another hundred or so stun and damage for a jump in, another hundred or so damage for ultra and... :lol :lol :lol

Today's magic Dudley combo that will make people shit their pants:

crossup jLK, cLP, cLP, RH xx Ducking Upper FADC LP xx MP, LP, RH xx Ducking Upper FADC, cLP, cLK xx MK xx jab Jet Upper, Fierce Jet Upper

I think you have enough meter to do EX Jet Upper at the end, but the only time i did the whole combo I was using infinite meter.

eissan

God's Beard said:
Missing combos? Maybe an hour ago I would have agreed with you, but I just learned how to plink, MOTHERFUCKER!

dscf30798ui7.gif

WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN ALL MY LIFE

cFP, RH xx Fierce Machine Gun Blow: 304 damage, 520 stun, no meter
cFP, RH xx EX Machine Gun Blow, cRH: 366 damage, 554 stun, 1 meter

Add another hundred or so stun and damage for a jump in, another hundred or so damage for ultra and... :lol :lol :lol

wait you did?!?!? I dont know how to plink :( what method did you learn it from?

eissan said:
wait you did?!?!? I dont know how to plink :( what method did you learn it from?

Roll your fingers from the button you want to a nearby button until it looks like this on the input screen:

MPFP
FP

Then just practice the timing of the link you want.

You can see how it looks on my gif, but its kinda small.

Axis

eissan said:

say c.mp->c.rh is a one frame...you'll hit mp then for the rh you tap rh and immediately tap mk afterwards so it should register the RH twice...making your one frame link a two frame link ;o

so basically rh~mk

Yoshichan

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
I wish. I can barely even do quick charge booms half the time.

I am not good with charge character :(

ji01hd.png

you can play viper and do makotos stuff...i think you can survive lol

flashkick->fadc->u2 is pretty easy tho...just go from db to ub+k->fadc->dash ultra ;o

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom