• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Axis said:
you can play viper and do makotos stuff...i think you can survive lol

flashkick->fadc->u2 is pretty easy tho...just go from db to ub+k->fadc->dash ultra ;o
Backdash?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Axis said:
you can play viper and do makotos stuff...i think you can survive lol

flashkick->fadc->u2 is pretty easy tho...just go from db to ub+k->fadc->dash ultra ;o

Yeah I probably could if I worked at it, but I get frustrated with charge characters pretty easily for some reason.

Coeliacus

shinshoryuken said:
Sup Zanken.

Remember me?
I'm one that stirred up the input lag tread in srk.com
Hey Shinsho!
I stopped frequenting that threat shortly after you did. I've heard recently that it is still a huge mess. :lol

hitsugi

Axis said:
great payoff when df.rh->flash kick->fadc->u2 hits tho

then i feel awesome and put glasses on
Yes, as lame as guile is (who the hell walks
In their own fireball and can air grab anything?), he does have some really slick combos..

Too bad most of the time Guile players are too busy laming it out on the other end of the screen to use them.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Oh damn, I should have checked this thread before I posted the NCR topic... D: I thought it was early enough that no one else was working on it yet. Sorry, Kadey!

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=413477

So, what players aside from Norcal's finest (like Ricky and FChamp) and Daigo are confirmed for this? I was gonna stick in a notable players section, but the NCR website has the exact same "NCR Celebrities" info from Super NCR, so I don't think it's been updated...

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
It's alright. If no one were going to do it i would. Saved me a few minutes. :D

And what the hell at Justin not being there? That tournament wouldn't be the same without him.

I just learned about 2 new SF-related documentaries today. Man these things are coming out in droves. The first is called Street Fighter: Beyond the game. I guess it's about the people who love playing the game and there stories about how they came to start playing the game and so on. The 2nd is about Daigo Umehara, arguably the most well known and best Street Fighter player in its history so I don't need to say anymore about that.

I really enjoyed the Run It Back documentary. It's far superior to I Got Next(the short cut anyways) IMO and I can't wait to see part 3. So I look forward to these two as well and hopefully they can be finished and released sometime in the future.

Happy Phantom said:
man, chun li's proportions look so off with that new costume. I went from being super excited, to being weirded out by it. =(

ip9u29.jpg

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
:lol :lol :lol

Rice-Eater said:
I just learned about 2 new SF-related documentaries today. Man these things are coming out in droves. The first is called Street Fighter: Beyond the game. I guess it's about the people who love playing the game and there stories about how they came to start playing the game and so on. The 2nd is about Daigo Umehara, arguably the most well known and best Street Fighter player in its history so I don't need to say anymore about that.

I really enjoyed the Run It Back documentary. It's far superior to I Got Next(the short cut anyways) IMO and I can't wait to see part 3. So I look forward to these two as well and hopefully they can be finished and released sometime in the future.

Which one is the Daigo one? A new one or the NHK one?

*Dat Chun-Ling Ass! eww

Rice-Eater said:

Just watched the Run It Back pt 2. I thought it was a little too long, especially toward the end with the facial expressions and match play.

I think I prefer I Got Next preliminary cut. I'd like to see the final cut. If he threw in music, more variety of players (besides Gootecks, Ross, LI Joe and Wong).

I saw the trailer for the 100 Yen Japanese arcade documentary.

I wish they would do a Japanese vs. USA documentary. Or one about the OGs.

Kaako

Felium Defensor
Rice-Eater said:

Thanks to this post I just watched both parts of the Run It Back documentary. Really good stuff and I can't wait for part 3 as well. Also gained new respect for James Chen and the rest of the community. Really looking forward to the Daigo one as well. Also, will probably watch Focus (Mike Bauss) as well when it comes out.

KS Seven X said:
Which one is the Daigo one? A new one or the NHK one?

*Dat Chun-Ling Ass! eww

100 Yen - Daigo: Enter the Beast

Oh and I forgot about the Mike Ross one. I'm looking forward to that to. I'm just afraid that this stuff gets announced but then the creators decide to scrap it before its finished for whatever reason. I just hope that isn't the case.

As for the comparison to I Got Next and Run it Back. I think Run It Back was more entertaining and something that would appeal more to a non-SF crowd. I agree that it could be edited better. But overall I think it's the better product and would be what I would show to a non SF person if they asked me to show them why I love SF.

Kaako said:
Thanks to this post I just watched both parts of the Run It Back documentary. Really good stuff and I can't wait for part 3 as well. Also gained new respect for James Chen and the rest of the community. Really looking forward to the Daigo one as well. Also, will probably watch Focus (Mike Bauss) as well when it comes out.

I'm glad to hear you enjoyed it as much as I did.

SoulFist

For someone trying to get used to using option selects, what are some of the easier ones to use? I don't really care which character it is, I just want to practice actually doing them. I always kind of brushed them off as something I didn't need, but now that I'm trying to level up, I want to give option selects an actual shot.

SoulFist said:
For someone trying to get used to using option selects, what are some of the easier ones to use? I don't really care which character it is, I just want to practice actually doing them. I always kind of brushed them off as something I didn't need, but now that I'm trying to level up, I want to give option selects an actual shot.
crouch tech is the most basic an universal
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aHHoGHcgK9k

Yoshichan

What did Daigo say in the end of that video?

Also, Mike Ross is a beast.

Edgeward

SoulFist said:

Ryu's cr mk to hadouken or Cammy's c mk to spiral arrow, are really simple ground normal OS'.

Kintaro

Worships the porcelain goddess
So, any indication on Capcom's plans for SSF4 console releases when AE hits? Console update? Paid? Free? Nothing? They wouldn't dare about retail release as the only way to get AE as that could blow up in their face.

I want to use Yang. =(

SoulFist

They haven't said anything yet, but Ono is announcing something to do with SSF4 at an event in Moscow, which should give us some info this weekend.

SmokeMaxX

Edgeward said:
Ryu's cr mk to hadouken or Cammy's c mk to spiral arrow, are really simple ground normal OS'.
Other good ones are Honda's jab-HHS, Blanka's jab-electricity, and Gen's st. mk-hands.

EDIT: Although they're not technically OSs.

Rice-Eater said:

Where did you watch these?

USD

For those wanting more info on the upcoming NSB tournament, here it is:

BEAT BY CONTEST BBC×NSB ASIAN ONLINE QUALIFIERS

A BLOCK
Eita
Uryo
Zangi-tan
Haneyama

B BLOCK
Kindevu
Momochi
Sako
Gamerbee

-The participating players were selected based on the results of a European survey.
-Matches in each block are played in a round-robin format.
-2/3 rounds, first-to-5.
-Losing player can switch characters.
-In the case of a 3-round draw, both players are credited with a win.
-In case of a first-place tie after all block matches are completed, there will be a 2/3 rounds, FT3 playoff.
-If there's still a tie after the playoff, then the winner will be decided based on the number of matches played. If there's still a tie after that, then there will be another playoff.
-The top player from each block will face off in the finals. The winner scores a trip to BBC this February in Switzerland, with traveling expenses and lodging covered by BBC.

The matches will be streamed on NSB TV, which airs every Wednesday morning at 7AM EST. Team Sp00ky will be re-streaming the event, with English commentary of course. The first matches will begin next week (11/24), and each week 2 matches will be played, if possible.

Edgeward

He also did it against Mago in the grand finals, mainly just to show off since he did it off a prety good chain and ultra 2 only hit like once. :lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom