• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

entremet

So there's no new costume catalog for the PS3? I'm not talking about the costume pack, but the patch that allows you to see the new costumes in online play.

simtmb

entrement said:
So there's no new costume catalog for the PS3? I'm not talking about the costume pack, but the patch that allows you to see the new costumes in online play.

Looks like there will never be one and it'll remain as is. Maybe it'll go the 360 route for the next batch of alts.

Since I was in New York for the week, I went to Chinatown Fair to check it out. It was dirty, grimy, and was filled with young punks...I loved it! They have 4 Super cabinets.

I got wrecked by an Akuma that plays similar to Grifter. It was fun as hell and I will defintely will make a trip again in the future.

Razor210

TheSeks said:
Holy shit. I actually won a round against a 6000BP Guile, and made him eat Last Dread Dust twice in a round. :lol :lol :lol What happens when you get close to Sonic Boom, dude.

Magically, my inputs today have been working. Which is really surprising as generally it feels like I'm flailing on the controller to get moves out online. o_O

Razor's Balrog is going down.
You think you got this?

I'm hoping there's a good Balrog at NorCal this weekend. More theory :D

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
I want o start playing this game again :(
HOW I PLAY GAEM?

edit : Also, yoshiiiii where are you? Come to Karlstad and play with me and my mate. We're literally the only two bastards here who actually play videogames, let alone SSF4

Corky

Brobzoid said:
You should come to Oslo rather, and play with me :3

Don't kid, I'm bored out of my fucking skull and my life has become soo monotonous and grey I really need to start do fun things. And meeting up with people and playing sf would be a great way to kick things off.

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Corky said:
Don't kid, I'm bored out of my fucking skull and my life has become soo monotonous and grey I really need to start do fun things. And meeting up with people and playing sf would be a great way to kick things off.
I don't do kids, and I'd appreciate it if you stopped implying that I did. :|

There is a tournament 5th December in Oslo (SSF4, Tekken6, HDR). You and your mate should take the trip. I'd love to go, but I don't have a controller/stick. ;_;

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Razor210 said:
You think you got this?

When I'm not having to play Laggy Fighter 4: LAG TACTICS, yes.

SMH @ Online fighting netcode. SMH.

Corky

Brobzoid said:
I don't do kids, and I'd appreciate it if you stopped implying that I did. :|

There is a tournament 5th December in Oslo (SSF4, Tekken6, HDR). You and your mate should take the trip. I'd love to go, but I don't have a controller/stick. ;_;

:D Oh that's pretty cool, although I'm a lowly padplayer :3,

SmokeMaxX

For those in the know, what kinda sales would be considered a "success" for a game of this genre? It seems like SF4 is widely regarded as a success, but when I looked it up on ******** (I know, not super reliable, but I don't think NPD releases their info) it seems like SSF4 sold less than a mil on each platform.

SmokeMaxX said:
For those in the know, what kinda sales would be considered a "success" for a game of this genre? It seems like SF4 is widely regarded as a success, but when I looked it up on ******** (I know, not super reliable, but I don't think NPD releases their info) it seems like SSF4 sold less than a mil on each platform.

Sales for the game on 360 and PS3 combined probably sold only a little over 1 million world wide(going by the press release). But it's still considered a success because it's merely a update to a existing game. I wouldn't say it was cheap, but the body of work was already finished. All they did was add to it along with making changes, so selling just a million combined on both platforms was probably still very profitable for them.

USD

The hair is kind of floaty, but I like Ken's new costume. They should let you use the Alpha hair with his original costume.

EDIT: Tokido: "THIS CHARACTER IS WEAK. You need to study our Hakan!" :lol

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
~Devil Trigger~ said:
God, Ken's model is the worst in the game

Not quite. I'd say Rufus is the worst, but then I'd be called a fatist or whatever. Fat rolls D:

Chun's proportions would also be bad as well.

Degen

Guys... Are you aware that it's been 2010 for a while? Had to check my calendar. Wow.

It's just that I notice you padwarriors are still using MadCatz and what-not.

when it is clearly all about the...

HORI® FIGHTING COMMANDER 3

Don't be a private. Get the Commander.™

Degen said:
Guys... Are you aware that it's been 2010 for a while? Had to check my calendar. Wow.

I actually almost bought this a few weeks after I got my SSF4 TE stick. When I got my stick and started practicing, I was struggling so bad that I wanted to go back to pad and thought about getting the Hori to see how much I liked it compared to the Mad Catz. But luckily I stuck with my stick practice and it finally payed off.

I would actually still like to get it one day just for the sake of collection.

hitsugi

USD said:
The hair is kind of floaty, but I like Ken's new costume. They should let you use the Alpha hair with his original costume.

yeah.. I don't understand why long hair has to = beach fun ken.. it'd look so much better with his regular outfit.

guess that'll be the next DLC we pay for

Dartastic

Timedog said:
Here's my only streamed match from Slugfest tourney in Portland. It was my first ever tourny, and I've never played a Seth as good as this online.

I went 1-2. Losing to this guy first, then beating CPR from Seattle, then losing to an awful Gouken by playing without thinking. I'm moving to Portland in February though, so hopefully you guys will get to see more of me. I'm looking at you, Dartastic!

http://www.ustream.tv/recorded/10837051

akvk8x.jpg

-Timedog
I couldn't find the stream, and I was stuck at work so I couldn't attend! Wanted to go though. What are you moving down here for? And don't worry, we'll battle! :D

Edit - Were you on the left or right? I know sometimes I've sat on the opposite side of the screen, so yeah. Because if that was you on the left, SWEET headband. :lol

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Degen said:

Is there a 360 version I am unaware of?

I got a PS3 FC3 back when Super came out. Don't like it as much as the MadCatz pads. The d-pad isn't as good and you can't customize the top button/trigger layout correctly. MadCatz pads are configured perfectly right out of the box. It's just too bad that MadCatz' quality control seems to suck. :p

But the FC3 works on PCs so it's nice to break it out for emu stuff.

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
Dartastic said:
I couldn't find the stream, and I was stuck at work so I couldn't attend! Wanted to go though. What are you moving down here for? And don't worry, we'll battle! :D

Edit - Were you on the left or right? I know sometimes I've sat on the opposite side of the screen, so yeah. Because if that was you on the left, SWEET headband. :lol

Oh that was me with the headband, brother. I had to class up the stream a little bit. Also, I'm moving to Portland in a few months, do you go to the local casuals?

So I got 5th at my tourney.
Shoutouts to my own personal troll army. :D

Also, shoutouts to me getting 5th in a tourney for the third time in a row.\
And more shoutouts to dat UK troll. D=

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
dragonballjoseph said:
So I got 5th at my tourney.
Shoutouts to my own personal troll army. :D

Also, shoutouts to me getting 5th in a tourney for the third time in a row.\
And more shoutouts to dat UK troll. D=

What city do you live in?