• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

I can't help but laugh at Mike Ross, his comments on Justin's Ryu and the "OOOOOH!" get me laughing every time. I love how they basically say Canada is free at the end (and then it coming true in teams, with JS's team being just another OCV under the belt). :lol

God's Beard said:
1563kub.jpg

I'm not even mad about being on this team. (was that from the thread in OT? :D )

chriskun

This is a first, someone on my friends list just deleted me after I played a few rounds of endless. I was playing Guy and he kept on switching characters. I beat him every time, and then he switched to his main Sakura and proceeded to kick my ass. Then he boots me, and sends me this message: " don't mash jab, don't even play guy.." :( :lol (I was mashing jab)

Dartastic

Timedog said:
Oh that was me with the headband, brother. I had to class up the stream a little bit. Also, I'm moving to Portland in a few months, do you go to the local casuals?
NICE. I don't, but I've wanted to. I'm hella busy with school and shit. Classes end in a couple weeks though, so I'm definitely gonna try to.

Rice-Eater said:
Hey Farms, congrats for winning that Turkey Throwdown tournament. I saw the results at SRK.

Thanks man! Originally wanted to go to NCR, but ended up having to pull out. Funny enough, there was a projector at the tourney I went to, and the majority of the tourney was actually just people watching the NCR stream :lol

Rocwell

So what was the upshot of that event in Moscow? Ono was supposed to make announcements about SF X Tekken and SSF4:AE on Saturday and... nothing? Or was it just more coy bullshit and cockteasing from Ono?

Rocwell

Holy shit did they give makoto a 3 frame jab??? Fucking huge if so

1000 health??? My japanese isn't great and I may just be fishing for stuff I want :lol

_Xenon_

Banned
Blanka:

Rock crasher (close f/b.mp) has less recovery. Rock crasher -> st.jb -> roll is possible.
Slide has less activate time (the whole animation is shorter).
Forward hop has more ground frame (easier to be grabbed).

Blocked normal ball bouncing distance change: EX > mp ball > HP ball.
EX rainbow ball forward flying distance nerf
EX electricity has much less start up (better reversal I guess)

Not as bad as I thought ...

Makoto lookin real nice. If U2 is faster, I wonder if you can uppercut into it without FADC/super now.

Lost Fragment said:
It's 50 more than what she already has. Getting an exemption from the vagina tax is nice, but it's not that huge a difference imo.

Count how many times you've lost a match on chip.

jman2050

It seems like it mentions the forward dash having less recovery but I don't know for sure. Didn't notice anything about the backdash.

_Xenon_

Banned
Abel:

cr.HP has smaller hitbox
tornado throw damage nerf
roll's recovery has changed (not sure about this, seems easier to punish)

U1 10% damage nerf
U2 10% damage nerf, slower startup, NO ARMOR(!!!), longer cancel recovery

USD

MAKOTO

Normals
-cr.LK has more range
-st.LK is now kara-cancellable
-cr.HK attack box extended downward, and the damage box has been lowered slightly, making it easier to use as an anti-air
-cr.HP has slightly more active frames
-F+LP has a 3 frame startup (formerly 4 frames)

Specials
-EX Hayate is now armor-break, has a slightly faster startup
-Fukiage, when the arm is fully extended, the hittable box from her chest up is now barely there, while the attack box is extended downward, so there are now almost no cases where it trades or is stuffed. It still can't hit grounded opponents however. The start up for all versions have been revised (I'd assume to be faster)
-EX Tsurugi is now similar to EX Cannon Strike in what height the technique can be executed (instant EX Tsurugi?)

Ultra Combos
-UC1 damage distribution has been changed. It still does the same total damage, but the change will show its effect when the scaling kicks in.
-UC2 has a faster startup

Other
-Now has 1000 Health (up from 950)
-The movement frames for forward and back dash have been reduced very slightly (making them faster). Because of this, now HP Hayate > FADC > cr.LK (and some other normals) > LP Hayate now combos. This vastly improves her mix-up game (throw or attack?)

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
USD said:
-UC2 has a faster startup

This is what I wanted the most. Thank you Jesus.

USD said:
-Forward and back dash are faster. Because of this, now HP Hayate FADC cr.LK (and other normals) LP Hayate now combos. This vastly improves her mix-up game (throw or attack?)

I wonder if they reduced her frame advantage on blocked lvl 2 fa. She was already like +5 on that if she forward dashed.

Wonder what this means for the frame situation after a blocked lvl 1 fa?

They need to announce the DLC already :(

USD

Been checking over the Makoto stuff a few times (still don't think it's perfect, but it's mostly right). Going to the others.

USD

ABEL

Normals
-The second hit of cr.HP has a smaller attack box

Specials
-Tornado Throw does less damage
-Marseilles Roll's hit invincibility at the end of roll has been cut (the actual recovery is still the same).

Ultra Combos
-Soulless does 10% less damage
-Breathless does 10% less damage and has a slower startup. It no longer has Armor during his charge forward, and has more recovery on both whiff and cancel

jman2050

God's Beard said:
I wonder if Karakusa, Fierce xx Hayate FADC cLK xx EX Hayate, fukiage, U2, tsurugi, EX Hayate will work with the changes.

If you had that type of meter wouldn't just using super->U1 give you the same result?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom