• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

vg260

riceandbeans said:
I've heard about the first batch of pads being defective so maybe I've just got a shitty one.

I tried some of the very first batch and the 2nd wave of SFIV ones and the d-pads were no different.

schennmu said:
- Make his uppercut on par with Ryu/Ken

Dudley's Uppercut is already better than theirs. Combos into Ultra and Super for no meter, and the EX version has some invincibility. On top of that, you get trade combos. It's not a reversal, it's a launcher.

schennmu said:
- Improve crouching fierce
Improve what about it? It does a ton of damage, combos into Roundhouse, and works as a decent anti-air. If you want a safer anti-air, use Forward or EX Jet Upper.

schennmu said:
- Improve range for Rolling Thunder
It's already in range to punish anything that needs to be punished, I don't see what the point is, unless you think you deserve to punish fireballs from fullscreen for free. Ducking's the same distance, so I don't see what the problem is.

God's Beard said:
Dudley's Uppercut is already better than theirs. Combos into Ultra and Super for no meter, and the EX version has some invincibility. On top of that, you get trade combos. It's not a reversal, it's a launcher.

I never use the uppercut to combo into Ultra. Rather do it after a EXmcg combo. I would vastly prefer a higher priority for the uppercut.

God's Beard said:
Improve what about it? It does a ton of damage, combos into Roundhouse, and works as a decent anti-air. If you want a safer anti-air, use Forward or EX Jet Upper.

Yeah, please improve anti air abilities. Online lag often kills the possibility to react in time and I don't always want to waste meter for an EX Jet Upper. Forward? You mean standing fierce? This is about crouching AA and standing medium is better for most situations.

God's Beard said:
It's already in range to punish anything that needs to be punished, I don't see what the point is, unless you think you deserve to punish fireballs from fullscreen for free. Ducking's the same distance, so I don't see what the problem is.

Not from full screen, but the range is too short IMO.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
sakura should have 1100 health and a 3 frame dp w/ invincibility.
oh and overhead should be atleast +3, close standing fierce should have the range of far standing fierce, she should also get her old stun back + alittle extra and a ryu style fireball, but with better recovery.

Pandaman said:
sakura should have 1100 health and a 3 frame dp w/ invincibility.
oh and overhead should be atleast +3, close standing fierce should have the range of far standing fierce, she should also get her old stun back + alittle extra and a ryu style fireball, but with better recovery.

:lol

Seriously though I think Capcom need to give some female characters 1000 health because I find it kinda strange how all of them are below average.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:

Personally only thing that could be better for Dudley is a bit more footsies and a cross-up. And even at that, Dudley can be a beast when played correctly. I am owning a lot of character with duds, its just at high level I am having some problems... for example playing footsies against a good ryu seems hard, then again if you can apply some solid pressure and blockstrings into your game its going to help tremendously!

Edit : Cross counter could also benefit from a faster startup... sometimes it feels like it takes ages to activate after command.

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
Dudley's Uppercut is already better than theirs. Combos into Ultra and Super for no meter, and the EX version has some invincibility. On top of that, you get trade combos. It's not a reversal, it's. a launcher.

Ryu and ken can combo into super with no meter off their DP's as well. Dudley's uppercut sucks pretty bad outside of combos and ex. Meaty crossups rape him on wakeup without meter. They need to either give him invincibility on all cross counter startups or give his dp's enough invincibility to at least trade instead of getting stuffed.

I never use crouching fierce as an anti air because it's slow as hell. Standing fierce, forward (medium kick), ex jet upper are the only ones that are really useful.

DarkoMaledictus said:
Personally only thing that could be better for Dudley is a bit more footsies and a cross-up. And even at that, Dudley can be a beast when played correctly. I am owning a lot of character with duds, its just at high level I am having some problems... for example playing footsies against a good ryu seems hard, then again if you can apply some solid pressure and blockstrings into your game its going to help tremendously!

I agree with this. Just a bit more range on his normals would make him top tier easily.

schennmu said:
I never use the uppercut to combo into Ultra. Rather do it after a EXmcg combo. I would vastly prefer a higher priority for the uppercut.

Why would you use the Jet Upper after EX MGB? Isn't that like the worst option and corner only? Why don't you use it to combo into ultra? It's an easy hit confirm off a low.

schennmu said:
Yeah, please improve anti air abilities. Online lag often kills the possibility to react in time and I don't always want to waste meter for an EX Jet Upper. Forward? You mean standing fierce? This is about crouching AA and standing medium is better for most situations.
Forward=standing medium kick.

schennmu said:
Not from full screen, but the range is too short IMO.
Too short for what? Extending the range wouldn't punish anything it doesn't already punish now.

cHaotix8 said:
Ryu and ken can combo into super with no meter off their DP's as well. Dudley's uppercut sucks pretty bad outside of combos and ex. Meaty crossups rape him on wakeup without meter. They need to either give him invincibility on all cross counter startups or give his dp's enough invincibility to at least trade instead of getting stuffed.

I don't about you guys, but if you spend half the round recovering from knockdown, there are other things you should be fixing with your Dudley strategy.

cHaotix8 said:
I agree with this. Just a bit more range on his normals would make him top tier easily.
Good normals would turn him into 3s Chun.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
Too short for what? Extending the range wouldn't punish anything it doesn't already punish now.

He's probably just having problems with some fast fireballs. It can be difficult to punish some chars like Sagat and you have to be at the right distance from char and from fireball. If you are too far from fireball you will just eat it.It really takes practice, but it does work fairly well after some time in the lab.

Myself I mainly go with u1 for Honda, Bison, Blanka and Zangief. Shotos I still prefer U2 for comboing as I hate buffering ultra in the hopes of nailing a fireball with U1.

vocab

Lost Fragment said:
Curious: in general, what did they change about Makoto from 3S? I didn't really play that game.

Higher stun, Command grab range was better, can juggle into another command grab, mixups after SAII is godly. You can 100% someone easily with certain setups. The engine worked in her favor, while SFIV just works against her imo.

DarkoMaledictus said:
He's probably just having problems with some fast fireballs. It can be difficult to punish some chars like Sagat and you have to be at the right distance from char and from fireball. If you are too far from fireball you will just eat it.

It really takes practice, but it does work fairly well after some time in the lab. Myself I mainly go with u1 for Honda, Bison, Blanka and Zangief. Shotos I still prefer U2 for comboing as I hate buffering ultra in the hopes of nailing a fireball with U1.
Plus, nobody tosses fireballs when you have U1 anyway, so it's better to just keep U2 as an anti air and continue punishing with Ducking. If there's any move that needs improving for Duds, it's Short Swing Blow.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
Lost Fragment said:
Curious: in general, what did they change about Makoto from 3S? I didn't really play that game.

Hayate was faster and had better range

Kara had better range, i forgot the properties though(vs throw and such)

st. MP is better now

Oroshis are slower, i would have problem with that but EX version not only slower in SSF4 but loses to stupid shit

Fukiage is more useful in SSF4 as an AA, but 3S version was a bag of stun

Tsurugi Axe kick was actually an Air-to-air option, and was an overhead(all of them as i remember), SSF4 version has such a shitty hitbox.

Her Super did more damage when activated is 3S

You cant combo into Abare anymore :(, and Abare does'nt do stun damage anymore

recovery from fwd and back dashes, now more.

cHaotix8

God's beard, go play Joekages Cody before you comment more on people gameplan. When jumpins and footie s don't get you in, you're forced to make them come to you.

Ledsen

Chun should get a faster backdash, more range on her mp and srk-like priority and speed on her ex sbk. Also hazanshu should break armor and when she does ultra II she should be able to tag in Guest Ryu for a juggling Metsu Hadoken.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
Plus, nobody tosses fireballs when you have U1, anyway, so it's better to just keep U2 as an anti air. If there's any move that needs improving for Duds, it's Short Swing Blow.

Very true... forgot ssb... That's one move along with thunderbolt that I never use. Just seems pointless most of the time and leaves you way open after you use it. Only time it might be useful is when you are reading a grab on wake up, but if you miss read with zangief its ultra time...

Like I said earlier only one thing I would really like is a cross up for mixups, thunderbolt really doesn't do it for me... ;).

Also another thing I hate is how jabs and shorts will stuff most of Duds specials... was laughing the other day when some ryu player kept jabbing in the air all the time, somehow it would stuff ex moves and a lot of normals ;). Boxer's jabs will also be a nightmare.

That said, if you play offensive with duck/fadc/blockstrings you will see another side of Duds. It just takes a lot of execution to pull off.

cHaotix8 said:
God's beard, go play Joekages Cody before you comment more on people gameplan. When jumpins and footie s don't get you in, you're forced to make them come to you.
If jumpins and footsies are what you like to use, use a character with good jumpins and footsies? I don't know what you're trying to say here, I don't think Cody is one of the harder matchups for Dudley, maybe try using f+Fierce and ducking straight more?

DarkoMaledictus said:
Very true... forgot ssb... That's one move along with thunderbolt that I never use. Just seems pointless most of the time and leaves you way open after you use it. Only time it might be useful is when you are reading a grab on wake up, but if you miss read with zangief its ultra time...

Like I said earlier only one thing I would really like is a cross up for mixups, thunderbolt really doesn't do it for me... ;).

Also another thing I hate is how jabs and shorts will stuff most of Duds specials... was laughing the other day when some ryu player kept jabbing in the air all the time, somehow it would stuff ex moves and a lot of normals ;).

I don't know if a boxer should have crossups, but a faster ducking for crossunders like in 3s would be great. Thunderbolt as it is is an absolute desparation move. There's limited success with zoning characters, but it's not a reliable strategy.

Actually, you know what I want? The rose to actually do something.

cHaotix8

God's Beard said:
If jumpins and footsies are what you like to use, use a character with good jumpins and footsies? I don't know what you're trying to say here, I don't think Cody is one of the harder matchups for Dudley, maybe try using f+Fierce and ducking straight more?

You must only play scrubs. Not only are both ducking and forward fierce unsafe on block but they are also easy as hell to react to. Forward fierce is focus bait and ducking is a free jumpin/ruffian kick/crossup. Everyone knows what dudleys one good normal is, and his focus attack usually leaves me getting crossed up. Machinegun blow can be punished on reaction and is unsafe on block. Hell, even if they don't do anything, they are pushed too far back for you to start a jab, standing roundhouse blockstring. Jump ins get beat by codys godlike anti air.

Tell me, how do you get in?

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:
I don't know if a boxer should have crossups, but a faster ducking for crossunders like in 3s would be great. Thunderbolt as it is is an absolute desparation move. There's limited success with zoning characters, but it's not a reliable strategy.

Actually, you know what I want? The rose to actually do something.

Yep the rose is a huge mistake by capcom... it was an essential part of some setups, as it stands its used to stop some midscreen jumpins and to open the door to a can of woop ass on your behalf ;).

Speed of ducking for me seems fair, from seeing floyd play I'm not sure it wouldn't start to be overpowered. He already kills with ducking into some mad blockstrings ;)

cHaotix8 said:
Tell me, how do you get in?
jab machinegun blow resets

DarkoMaledictus said:
Yep the rose is a huge mistake by capcom... it was an essential part of some setups, as it stands its used to stop some midscreen jumpins and to open the door to a can of woop ass on your behalf ;).

Speed of ducking for me seems fair, from seeing floyd play I'm not sure it wouldn't start to be overpowered. He already kills with ducking into some mad blockstrings ;)

I'd like to see some videos if you've got them. My block strings need work.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
cHaotix8 said:
Machinegun blow can be punished on reaction and is unsafe on block.

MGB is actually safe on block, jab version is I use a lot of combos ending into the jab version of it and if blocked its 100% safe. The other versions are not.

Gyrian

11uyhqq.jpg

Final Roster

01. Gibration
02. Floyd
03. Panda
04. Eraldo Coil
05. Gyrian
06. Seph RK
07. Lyte Edge
08. Ploid
09. gundamkyoukai
10. Devil Trigger
11. the_log_ride
12. biosnake20
13. Arstal
14. Mikeeb13
15. Rapid Cancel
16. Digimish

There are a few more players on standby.
If you're not in when we begin, you will be replaced by one of them.

For those without SSFIV GAF chat access, send me a friend request and I'll send you an invite.

This is our meeting point.

See you in some 2 hours! :]

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:

If you add a m cr.p after the jab mgb it almost feels like a loop ;)! Perfected a few scrubs with that. Not a real loop but its damm fast!

DarkoMaledictus said:
If you add a m cr.p after the jab mgb it almost feels like a loop ;)! Perfected a few scrubs with that. Not a real loop but its damm fast!
Yeah, that's my favorite :D

I didn't know so many people did the same thing until the last couple days :lol

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
Gyrian said:
11uyhqq.jpg

Final Roster

01. Gibration
02. Floyd
03. Panda
04. Eraldo Coil
05. Gyrian
06. Seph RK
07. Lyte Edge
08. Ploid
09. gundamkyoukai
10. Devil Trigger
11. the_log_ride
12. biosnake20
13. Arstal
14. Mikeeb13
15. Rapid Cancel
16. Digimish

There are a few more players on standby.
If you're not in when we begin, you will be replaced by one of them.

For those without SSFIV GAF chat access, send me a friend request and I'll send you an invite.

This is our meeting point.

See you in some 2 hours! :]

Guess I missed out lol ;). I'll probably create an endless for the people left out later on on psn gaf chat ;)!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Anybody got some cool clips / matches with good dudley players? SSF4 ofc . Thanks

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
God's Beard said:

Let me see if I have a channel that still has a few floyd fights. He uses some mad blockstrings that make my guile want to go home and be a family man for real lol ;). Once in with floid its lights out ;).

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
DarkoMaledictus said:
Would be nice to face your Hakan again, been a long time we since our last fights and I hear your Hakan has leveled up =).
yea, especially since...

cHaotix8 said:
Jab mgb is negative 2 people.
i just learned something interesting.

DigiMish

Hey, I made it on the rooster whoo!

I sent a message to Gyrian asking for an invite to the street fighter GAF chat on PSN, would someone invite me please? :D

PSN is "SovMish"

cHaotix8

Ledsen said:
What moves can even punish that? Maybe Chuns super and a few others?

It's not what can punish it, its what can you do at that range afterwards that won't be counterhit. Another cr. Mp is an 8 frame window. Hell, all they have to do is jab and they have the momentum. People that know the matchup know what to do.

I'm tired of arguing this. In a few months when people learn the matchup you guys will realize what's up.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
cHaotix8 said:
I'm tired of arguing this. In a few months when people learn the matchup you guys will realize what's up.

We're not saying Duds is the best thing since sliced bread, sure he has problems and he is far away from being a first pick in competitions. At high level footsies are essential and he just doesn't have it. Still regular play he is a ton of fun... if I was betting money or was going to a huge event where winning would nab me a good chunk of hard cold cash... yeah maybe he wouldn't be the first choice. But that's just because there are more rounded chars like Ruy that can handle almost any situations...

Duds is not the only char in this situation, there are tons of chars that are not viable at high level play. Sure people will say any char has a chance, but fact remains that two people at equal level of skills will have a clear advantage in picking some chars versus others.

Edit : Add to that the fact that he has some really bad matchups doesn't help making him a top choice for high level play. Honda, Chun, Dhalsim, Boxer, Dictator can really be a problem when you take two players of equal skill.

cHaotix8

DarkoMaledictus said:
We're not saying Duds is the best thing since sliced bread, sure he has problems and he is far away from being a first pick in competitions. At high level footsies are essential and he just doesn't have it. Still regular play he is a ton of fun... if I was betting money or was going to a huge event where winning would nab me a good chunk of hard cold cash... yeah maybe he wouldn't be the first choice. But that's just because there are more rounded chars like Ruy that can handle almost any situations...

Duds is not the only char in this situation, there are tons of chars that are not viable at high level play. Sure people will say any char has a chance, but fact remains that two people at equal level of skills will have a
clear advantage in picking some chars versus others.

I understand that. But I'd like to think of myself as a somewhat competitive player.I travel to all the local tournaments and went to evo and all that shit. It really just agitates me to receive such condescending attitudes from people when they don't even know the more important factors of my character's meta-game.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
cHaotix8 said:
I understand that. But I'd like to think of myself as a somewhat competitive player.I travel to all the local tournaments and went to evo and all that shit. It really just agitates me to receive such condescending attitudes from people when they don't even know the more important factors of my character's meta-game.
i dont think the guy asking for a ryu like uppercut for full cross counter invincibility should be talking about the metagame.

seth is supposed to be the boss character here. :lol

gibration

Anyone see this?
http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/7/18/new-ryu-glitch-discovered.html
J. HP, S. MP xx FADC (forward) leads to a "teleport" to the other side of the opponent, a very tricky mix up at the cost of two ex bars.

With so many people playing Ryu it should really come as a suprise that something so interesting wouldn't be discovered for so long. This should encourage you to test and post your own ideas! SF4 is a realatively new game and just like all fighting games it is filled with little gems such as this that are only discovered when time and effort are invested.
Time to hit the training room.

DarkoMaledictus

Tier Whore
cHaotix8 said:

Personally I wouldn't pick Duds for competitions. People will just counter pick you and when they do its going to sting a lot worst than when people counter pick your Ryu lol =)!

If you get to face Mike Ross's Honda its lights out, you are fighting on a very steep hill and the big boulder at the top is Honda ;p!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom