• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rocwell said:
Changes for Dhalsim in arcade edition:

Improved frame advantage on drills/mummy
Yoga blast hits standing opponents and has invincibility frames
Forward dash is faster

No longer able to stretch his limbs and hit opponents across the screen.

:lol :lol :lol

I look forward to you murdering me with Mak in AE. :(

TimeKillr

cHaotix8 said:
Isn't his close fierce/EX Falling sky/Ultra II/cr. lk(I think?) a better anti air anyway? It's not like people are gonna be able to jump all over him.

I don't see why they just didn't nerf his cancel recovery. It's not hard to get out of at all and is by no means unfair if you know how to punish it.

Close fierce is only useful against neutral jump.

Ex Falling Sky requires meter, can still trade and only works at very specific angles.

U2 is not anymore since it doesn't have armor.

c.mk is good, but it leads to less damage.

Learning how to time a proper c.fp AA was a nice part of Abel's game, because it leads to either f.CoD -> EX Falling Sky or f.CoD -> Ultra 1.

We still don't know how much they learned it, but it *feels* like it won't be able to AA off the 2nd hit anymore. I don't understand why, to be honest. It's not like it's a huge part of Abel's game, and actually made jumping in against him less free.

I really, REALLY don't understand that nerf. The others, maybe. U2 is pretty powerful, and while it doesn't affect high level play (because top players use U1 except in 2 matchups) it feels more like a nerf for the "general" population that doesn't play tournaments and finds it overpowered. It's like Rufus' U2 - when I use it against people here, they find it cheap because it pretty much counters everything, and they suck at baiting it. It's the same with U2 - they don't know how to deal with it, so they say it's cheap.

U2 is now 100% useless. The armor was a huge component of how it was balanced - you could EASILY break it. I can't use it as AA against people who have a fast reversal because they can just jump in and mash their quick reversal and it breaks.

the_log_ride said:
I look forward to you murdering me with Mak in AE. :(
I just hope AE comes to consoles and isn't relegated to arcades.

Capcom is pretty good about this, but I'm not counting my chickens yet.
Didn't Ono say something about Inafune "getting" fighting games and he'd have a harder time with Capcom's new leadership?

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
_dementia said:
I just hope AE comes to consoles and isn't relegated to arcades.

Capcom is pretty good about this, but I'm not counting my chickens yet.
Didn't Ono say something about Inafune "getting" fighting games and he'd have a harder time with Capcom's new leadership?
I don't see how it can't. like, really, how could it not. like, for serious. This is me being mad serious over here. :I

Ono always keeps saying shit like "ohh I hope I can get 6 new characters in super. Please speak up and let your voices be heaaarrdddd" all the while the leaked list had the full roster pegged. Dude loves to troll with his little blanka tweets.

XenoRaven

Hitokage said:
Don't they mean U2 still has armor when you are holding kicks?
That's correct. I assume it'll catch most jabs but would lose to longer range pokes on the dash which is good. You can't mash, but at least you can stick something out to stop it if your timing is good.

USD

With the Claw, Abel, and Rufus UC2 nerfs, it seems like Capcom isn't overly fond of anti-air Ultras (unless it's specifically designed to be such).

USD

Team Sp00ky is going to be re-streaming the BBC×NSB qualifer,, which starts this Wednesday morning (Eastern Time). Not sure of the match lineup yet or exactly when the matches start yet (NSB TV starts at 7 AM EST, but the only mention so far is that the matches will be some time during the broadcast).

In somewhat related news, Sp00ky is also going to be streaming the "Stay Free or Step Up" tournament in Toronto Dec. 17-18. I believe Arturo is going as well.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
So now that the afterglow has worn off, I wonder how much Makoto buffs will really matter if they didn't increase the speed on her U2 enough. It needs to be at least 10 frames faster to be useful against fireballs without being on some jedi shit.

Anyway, is there anyone who doesn't play Rose that can come up with a good reason why her U2 shouldn't have been nerfed?

cHaotix8

hikarutilmitt said:
Which is easily beaten clean by a simple jump-in OS like a variety of of specials or even a simple sweep.

Her U2 was a get out of jail free card.

Not sure about most of the cast but only 1 of dudleys OS's catch roses backdashes. Any competent player will recognize a safe jump OS anyway and will simply block, which is never a bad option. She also has EX spiral.

cHaotix8 said:
Not sure about most of the cast but only 1 of dudleys OS's catch roses backdashes. Any competent player will recognize a safe jump OS anyway and will simply block, which is never a bad option. She also has EX spiral.

Blocking isn't a reversal option, at least not in this context. Can't EX spiral be beaten by a fair amount of moves that some of the cast use for jump-in OS, anyway? I know I've beaten it with raida a lot.

cHaotix8

hikarutilmitt said:
Blocking isn't a reversal option, at least not in this context. Can't EX spiral be beaten by a fair amount of moves that some of the cast use for jump-in OS, anyway? I know I've beaten it with raida a lot.

You're safe jumping her. Depending on the setup (for how many frames is this setup truly safe), not many characters can do anything except block. Only 3 framers and some ultras will beat a safe jump OS on a untechable knockdown. This has nothing to do with a character's defensive capability. EX spiral is still good as a reversal during a block string or when she's getting pressured, as is her backdash.

Hitokage said:
Speaking of option selects, wouldn't a focus backdash prevent the sweep from coming out?

Focus xx backdash messes up a lot of option selects but it loses to grabs.

Here's something we can all agree on. Abel's U2 was an awful design choice.

I would have rather Capcom given Abel a completely new ultra than make Breathless useless. Of course this is coming from a Guy player who gets 2 useless ultras to choose from.

That still isn't a reason for her to have pretty much the only Ultra in the game that completely flips the momentum of the match. One could argue that others like Rufus' utterly retarded U2 are similar, but those at least don't leave the user in a fully capable state afterward if blocked or hugely safe if merely avoided.

generic response to nerf whining; 'how to learning ze blocking'... other characters don't have get out of jail free options, os that punish rose backdash, or corner escapes. As such those things are first hit by nerf bat.

XenoRaven

hikarutilmitt said:
That still isn't a reason for her to have pretty much the only Ultra in the game that completely flips the momentum of the match. One could argue that others like Rufus' utterly retarded U2 are similar, but those at least don't leave the user in a fully capable state afterward if blocked or hugely safe if merely avoided.
Dhalsim's does but he can be thrown out of it. I think Rose's U2 should have similar properties on activation.

What's to stop a Rose from hitting Ultra them immediately backdashing? Too much recovery to stop the first OS command? If the second command comes out, the orbs should hit the sweep during the invincibility frames of the backdash.

USD

XenoRaven said:
Dhalsim's does but he can be thrown out of it. I think Rose's U2 should have similar properties on activation.

What's to stop a Rose from hitting Ultra them immediately backdashing? Too much recovery to stop the first OS command? If the second command comes out, the orbs should hit the sweep during the invincibility frames of the backdash.
Yeah, it seems like they want Soul Satellite to be Rose's version of Yoga Catastrophe (though Rose's is quite a bit more versatile).

USD said:
Yeah, it seems like they want Soul Satellite to be Rose's version of Yoga Catastrophe (though Rose's is quite a bit more versatile).

They should give Ibuki one that's just Don running around her like a freak that just shreds the opponent when it hits them. :lol

Don Satellite!

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
My deal with Rose's U2 is that it resets the situation and there's nothing you can do about it. It could do 1 damage for each orb and scale combo damage 99% and I'd still hate it.

I'm cool with it being similar to Sim's U1 tho.

Kadey said:
Do you play the character or does the character really play you?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=whdt8I7JBZc#t=0m18s

hikarutilmitt said:
They should give Ibuki one that's just Don running around her like a freak that just shreds the opponent when it hits them. :lol

Don Satellite!

You have good ideas. Why don't you work for Capcom?

Axis

Lost Fragment said:
So now that the afterglow has worn off, I wonder how much Makoto buffs will really matter if they didn't increase the speed on her U2 enough. It needs to be at least 10 frames faster to be useful against fireballs without being on some jedi shit.

Anyway, is there anyone who doesn't play Rose that can come up with a good reason why her U2 shouldn't have been nerfed?

jlai plays rose and will admit to u2 being bullshit lol...hopefully he only plays mak now ;o

jlai

Rose U2 = ultimate bailout. Can't even tell you how many rounds I've won because of it. Rose has always been my business character and Makoto my fun character.. perhaps Mak full time when AE hits?

Anyone on XBL want to play some games? GT: jlai

PhatSaqs

Banned
So it seems they nerfed Rose back to Vanilla status lol. U2 needed nerfing for sure IMO. But it sucks that here wake up is now free again.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I beat someone's ass in Japan and got a Home shirt. ???

1zz25b9.jpg

Mmmm...egg rolls.

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
Edgeward said:
Shout-outs to MarkMan, got my TE stick keychain in the mail today. :D

Cool.

I'm sick from NCR8.

Night all.

Haters keep hating. I'm still going to support even if you hate.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom