• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lost Fragment said:
Neither does Viper,

Iuno, I always thought viper wake up EX feint was mad good.

Raging Spaniard said:
Real quick, Im looking for a particularly awesome combo video. In it Ibuki finishes a match with some straight up ninja shit like, a hit,a dash to the other side, another hit, another dash,etc, it looked totally rad and I cant find it on the youtubes.

Thanks!

Hmm, not from a combo video, but is >>this<< what you're looking for?

USD

Checking Shoryuken, the BBC×NSB qualifier starts tomorrow at 8 AM EST (14 hours from now). We get A Block action, which is Eita, Uryo, Zangi-tan and Haneyama.

Apparently the top 2 from each block will advance to the final block, instead of just the top player. No problems with that, more matches for me to watch. With the change, the tournaments is now even more like a mini-ONGODS.

USD

I missed the GUILE AMERICAN COMBO (jump to the second marker) when it happened live. Here's an exact breakdown of the combo:

(In the corner) Lvl.2 Focus Attack &#8594; meaty B+HK &#8594; cl.HP xx LP Sonic Boom &#8594; DF+HK &#8594; DF+HK &#8594; EX Flash Kick
413 damage (473 damage with a Lvl.3 FA)

The first key point is the meaty B+HK. Reverse Spin Kick is only +4 on hit, while Guile's close Fierce has a 5-frame startup. It is possible because of the FA, however, to land this attack meaty on some characters (at the very least, it works on Dhalsim and Ryu, and probably a significant number of the cast). Of course, you could do a variation without Focus Attack (on wake-up, for example; 463 damage), particularly easy-to-do since B+HK has 6 active frames; or without the FA and a counter-hit B+HK (493 damage).

The second is the close Fierce. The Fierce forces stand, which allows you to connect the first High Kick, which whiffs on crouching opponents. This isn't important in this exact combo, since Focus crumple forces stand as well. When trying to do a variation of this combo without the Focus crumple, however, this hit is potentially critical. It also maximizes damage, since cl.HP does a massive 120 damage unscaled.

The last key point is the second High Kick. Double High Kick on a standing opponent is very character-specific. Combined the first point, this exact combo probably only works on Dhalsim.

I have to say, it's probably the sickest combo I've even seen in a tournament.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
USD said:
snip american combo

is it bad im laughing at my own commentary? :lol

seriously though I gotta dig up that match.. there was a bunch of cool stuff that went down in ssf4 teams... sooo much footage..

side note, im thinking about rebroadcasting a lot of this stuff in high def via our new justin.tv channel maybe later this week. would any of you guys tune in to watch?

depths20XX

"I thought those combos only existed in Thailand" :lol

On a side note, I've always enjoyed Darry and Magus on the mic. People in chat just take shit way too seriously.

haunts said:

seriously though I gotta dig up that match.. there was a bunch of cool stuff that went down in ssf4 teams... sooo much footage..

side note, im thinking about rebroadcasting a lot of this stuff in high def via our new justin.tv channel maybe later this week. would any of you guys tune in to watch?

HD? Yes, sir.

That was an awesome combo, btw, with exceptional commentary :lol

XenoRaven

haunts said:

If I'm not busy, I'll be there.

Speaking of which, I heard Spooky complain about Ustream a lot during Canada Cup, I think you guys had some Ustream issues during NCR, and the Ustream chat is well known for randomly just not loading up. I use jtv to stream my stuff, and while it's only like 12 viewers usually at most, it's given me no problems and has been really easy to use. Is there a reason you guys don't use jtv instead? Does Ustream offer functionality on your end that jtv doesn't?

Threi

notag
apparently jtv isn't friendly to international viewers when over 1000 people are watching. I can vouch and say that isn't true for canada at the very least, but i'm not sure about EU.

USD

Threi said:
apparently jtv isn't friendly to international viewers when over 1000 people are watching. I can vouch and say that isn't true for canada at the very least, but i'm not sure about EU.
It's definitely true. Funny enough, this morning Gama no Abura was talking about possibly using the Japanese version of justin.tv, since you can get significantly higher quality. If you don't have a Pro account though, there's some sort of limit on international viewers. It's pretty much why no one uses justin.tv for major streams.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
XenoRaven said:
If I'm not busy, I'll be there.

Speaking of which, I heard Spooky complain about Ustream a lot during Canada Cup, I think you guys had some Ustream issues during NCR, and the Ustream chat is well known for randomly just not loading up. I use jtv to stream my stuff, and while it's only like 12 viewers usually at most, it's given me no problems and has been really easy to use. Is there a reason you guys don't use jtv instead? Does Ustream offer functionality on your end that jtv doesn't?

Cant really get intot he nitty gritty right now but I'll say they are rolling out some cool stuff and they removed the viewer cap nonsense, so just makes sense to make the move now.

and yeah, ustream has been geeking out lately on a number of different levels.

you guys can find us here: http://www.justin.tv/iplaywinner

USD

Andre challenging MarlinPie to a Cammy mirror? I don't think that's a good idea. :lol

Aulord did beat Kyohei convincingly at the last Guard Crush, maybe Andre's onto something. :lol

Saw a lot of posts for juicebox in this thread and the ncr one. I hope cali enjoys the wierdness that is juicebox. Wish him the best of luck over there, I have no grudge against the guy but our community definitely won't miss him.

USD

Looks like there's going to a EMP VS Canada 5-on-5 showdown some time in the future. KillaCam and JSMaster are in the stream chat, with Triforce still trolling. :lol

Apparently JS, KillaCam, and some other Canada players are going to West Coast Warzone.

USD

Dieminion calling out Vangief and F.Champ, saying they don't make top 8 at NEC (if they are indeed going). Uh oh.

Die talking about doing walk-forward Sonic Booms on a modded pad. :lol

DR2K

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
Neither does Viper, Makoto, and like half the cast. Give them some shit they can just mash out with 0 risk to force people to back off too then.

Well, Makoto can do that with super, but Makoto, like, never has super ^_^;

Viper has ex seismo at the very least. Besides Makoto and Viper are about getting in and staying in, Rose is about keeping out and playing footsies. Ultra 2 gave her 1 or 2 chances to get out safely. I guess it had too much invincibility, but completely removing it to the point where you can jab out of it is ridiculous. (reports say Rose U2 was jab fodder in AE)

haunts

Bacon of Hope
God's Beard said:
Is Juicebox moving to socal or norcal?

he said he was moving like 5 minutes away from me here in daily shitty, but i guess he realized there is only room for one white guy in this town and is now looking at the san jose area.

edit: bleh think i got a cold at NCR. feeling sick for the first time in YEARS! *_*

uploading crackfiend vs marn right now. just what the dr ordered

zlatko

Banned
It feels like every character I like in SF4 is either getting nerfed or not buffed. (Abel, Cody, Rose, Akuma, Adon)

I pray Rolento is still a secret in the works for Arcade Edition, because no matter where he is tier wise I could play him non stop. I'll settle for Yang being good though in case Rolento doesn't make it.

USD

NSB stream is up. Still an hour until the actual start of the qualifier matches. Gama, Kokujin, Kindevu, and Choco on the stream. Right now they're doing the Choco coaching sessions they've been doing every week.

Team Sp00ky stream is also up.

Today is Block A action: Eita, Uryo, Zangi-tan and Haneyama. Still not sure who is facing who yet.

EDIT: Since Gamerbee couldn't get a stable connection to Japan, he will be replaced in Block B (Kindevu, Momochi, Sako). His replacement hasn't bee confirmed yet.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
depths20XX said:
People in chat just take shit way too seriously.

IMO people streaming should just turn chat off entirely. It's pointless noise that has bad apples sitting there being annoying and a distraction from the window.

zlatko said:
It feels like every character I like in SF4 is either getting nerfed or not buffed. (Abel, Cody, Rose, Akuma, Adon)

Wait, Cody's getting nerfed? WTF, Capcom. :|

USD

TheSeks said:
IMO people streaming should just turn chat off entirely. It's pointless noise that has bad apples sitting there being annoying and a distraction from the window.

Wait, Cody's getting nerfed? WTF, Capcom. :|
It depends on the stream really. People get far too hung up on trolls. If you're tuning out the chat during Sp00ky or the Break streams, you're missing out.

And Cody is not getting nerfed, but he's only getting very slight buffs.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
USD said:
And Cody is not getting nerfed, but he's only getting very slight buffs.

Oh thank god. I nearly had a heart attack over something I'm missing with Cody that made him broken. :lol

USD

Here are his notable changes:

CODY

Normals
-cr.LK is now 3 frames (1 frame faster). It doesn't have more frame advantage (+2), so the only thing you can do after is cancel into a special, but since it has good reach and hits low, it's more useful than before.

Unique Attacks
-The juggle for Crack Kick (F+HK) has been improved. Before, when doing Crack Kick > EX CU, the first hits of EX Criminal Upper wouldn't hit. Now they all will connect.
-The pick-up range for the knife is increased.

Kadey said:
Do you play the character or does the character really play you? Changes, changes. Bring it on!

Anyway, I've uploaded all character themes. You can just dl specific ones if you want. Enjoy!

http://www.mediafire.com/?d9mgeetdd56kx
Thanks for the link, Kadey. I was missing a few themes.

I wanted to download the Sakura theme, but it just keeps processing or just reloading the page. The others are fine. Is it me?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom