• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hot Blanka actiona!

I wonder why more blanka's don't do st.jab xx fp elec for presure, it leaves you at +10 and you can walk up and do it over and over. Sets you up for 50/50 counterhit or throw mixup. I guess most blanka's just can't piano or something?

Threi

notag
This happened to me the other day :lol

untitled227_1qfqw.gif

Riou

hahaha, yeah that was some hype shit. So i hear from the stream that this is the last guard crush. I hope i didn't hear that right, but does anyone know why this would be the last guard crush?

USD

Riou said:
hahaha, yeah that was some hype shit. So i hear from the stream that this is the last guard crush. I hope i didn't hear that right, but does anyone know why this would be the last guard crush?
This is the last GC at the venue (not the last GC ever). The owner of the venue is moving to Florida. Right now they're just looking for another location to host the event.

Riou

USD said:
This is the last GC at the venue (not the last GC ever). The owner of the venue is moving to Florida. Right now they're just looking for another location to host the event.

ah ok then. Good to hear.

zlatko

Banned
I got more Xbox Live today after a long hiatus without it and put in about 6 hours into SSF4. God I suck at this game. :( Well I wouldn't say suck, but I constantly get blown up by throws. I check the replays and it shows me teching and I know how to option select them, but online throws = I'm free.

The worst is when you know the throw is coming from a mile away, like when someone attempts jump in on wake up, jab, throw attempt, and I tech, but it won't click. Or when you have 80% health, and your opponent is at 15% or less, they get 1 knock down and then begin their walk up throws, neutral jump over heads into throws, to completely bring it back. It'd be one thing if I was just getting blown up, but I hate yelling in my head, "I FUCKING TECHED THAT!"

Awesome moment I had today though was with my 4 hour fresh Guile against some high ass hard core Cammy. I had no health on my screen and she had well over 50%, and I brought it all the way back + I got to put on shades. :lol

Kaako

Felium Defensor
FindMyFarms said:
Hot Blanka actiona!

I wonder why more blanka's don't do st.jab xx fp elec for presure, it leaves you at +10 and you can walk up and do it over and over. Sets you up for 50/50 counterhit or throw mixup. I guess most blanka's just can't piano or something?
FUUU I hate blanka so much. :lol
That was amazing though.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
FindMyFarms said:
Hot Blanka actiona!

Sweet Jesus yes.

Amazing - I'll be taking notes.

Lost Fragment said:
Man, someone who knows Japanese needs to ask the devs if they're gonna fix this shit in AE.

Wow, now it makes sense when I miss Karakusa sometimes even when it should've grabbed with her ridiculously-short range - good find.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
~Devil Trigger~ said:
lol, i was wondering what happen

lovin it, so many sagats today tho sanford is really a step above the rest. li joe and nerdjosh look a little crusty, but you know sanford has been grinding for a while now.

ps: liston is the most underrated EC commentator.

DR2K

Banned
Lost Fragment said:
But yeah, I don't know what it's actually like, but if Rose's U2 only had like 2 frames of recovery so she could be meatied out of it I'd be fine with that too. But Rose is a zoning character, and when you do so much work to finally get her back on the ground but then OOPS U2 BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD...yeah, it's pretty stupid.

You make it sound like she's got stretchy limbs and can teleport across the screen. :lol

It is hard to get in on her, mostly for the lower tier characters which should have been solved by making them better and reducing the invincibility of U2(not totally eliminating it).

Timedog

good credit (by proxy)
USD said:
Nelson on Morgan Webb: "She can have a man-jaw, but that jaw is gonna have my dick on her chin." :lol

Better variant: "She may have a man-jaw, luckily I can't see her jaw when it's covered by my balls"

Also, don't worry DBJ, FMF ain't got nuthin, baby.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
FindMyFarms said:
Sorry for pulling a dementia but yo haunts Buk played N-Groove in cvs2 :p

lol i know. i didnt write those, i also didnt double check them. ;)

i need to update a few things on those actually, but id rather be uploading ncr footage. lol

Oichi

I'm like a Hadouken, down-right Fierce!
haunts should be in japan, chillin with me and markman come Evo Japan. THAT'S WHERE HE SHOULD BE.

Threi said:
actually doing a walk ultra is actually really easy (dash ultra not so much)

problem is that spacing is a HUGE factor. If you aren't right next to them when you cancel into MGU you aren't landing it.

I wouldn't change it though. It's quite an asset if you know it (good damage for a heavily damage-gimped char), DJ would be too easymode if they made it easier. If anything they should work on wtf is up with his U1 (horrible range, barely juggles, doesn't break armor, can't land fully on focus crumple)

I would play DJ lot more if his U1 would be little bit better. Make it more like Rog's U1. It doesn't have juggle as much, but it would be good at least if the last hit would always hit. Then you wouldn't get punished for it.

Also U2 is good, but I would change the recovery on hit. I've gotten hit by something stupid so many times after I landed U2.

Rocky_Balboa said:
I would play DJ lot more if his U1 would be little bit better. Make it more like Rog's U1. It doesn't have juggle as much, but it would be good at least if the last hit would always hit. Then you wouldn't get punished for it.

Also U2 is good, but I would change the recovery on hit. I've gotten hit by something stupid so many times after I landed U2.
How punishable is U2. It always looked to me like there was enough time to reversal SPD Deejay on hit.

LakeEarth

I think you're barely safe with that ultra. In training mode, I've tested it out and you can jump out of a reversal Zangief U1. Still, I always jump or backdash after I land that ultra.

USD

Because of the increasing number of JP viewers watching overseas tournaments and growing interests in HDR, Team NSB is going to have a JP HDR broadcast, "Starting From 1: Street Fighter II HDR Lessons," airing this Saturday at 2 AM EST, on the NSB channel. With a number of JP ST veterans (AniKen, OtoChun, ARG, Akashachi Kancho, and more) as guests, they'll explain the game system as well as how to download the game (since HDR hasn't been officially released in Japan).

Looking forward to it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom