• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

USD

Haneyama showing off why DF+LK is getting nerfed in AE. :lol Zangi-tan was trying to jump in way too often though. He got in a few times, but not enough.

LakeEarth

Next up on the bottom of the tier list, Gen. Strengths............ (time-out buzzer)

EDIT - damn

He does the same joke for Dan's key combo, but that's less funny because its fierce xx roundhouse kick special.

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
Juicebox is Puerto Rican
mind = blown

dude is probably the whitest-looking guy i've ever seen on the stream (well....aside from haunts)

TheSeks said:
IMO people streaming should just turn chat off entirely. It's pointless noise that has bad apples sitting there being annoying and a distraction from the window.
Also kills resources (crappy flash-based chat). But it's nice to have when something awesome happens and you can see the reactions :lol

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Axis said:
dp motion+lp->pause->(when you see the dust start to cloud up) dp motion ending in uf+lp and repeat

it doesn't have to be done very fast...the ex chains are easier(and are done faster) but the best thing to do is just try it out in training mode

perfect, thanks alot ^^

Imm0rt4l

Corky said:
can someone , in layman terms, explain how I can do this with viper? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-GLXMeb36HA&feature=related

( " seismo pressure " )

from srk

seismo.gif

http://shoryuken.com/f254/seismo-xx-seismo-performance-questions-180091/

Their should be some good tips in this thread.

edit: I'm slow

Axis

Corky said:
perfect, thanks alot ^^

also just remember to alternate...if you're trying to do it completely set the dummy to crouch block and do 2 reps of lp seismo, 2 sets of mp seismo then 2 sets of HP seismo(big frame chars)

Wiseblade

I have an idea, lets post one cool thing you did in a match today.

Mine: VS sagat, landing FA+ RSF, then dashing back to bait a TU and landing another FA+ RSF for the dizzy. :lol

Yes, I just wanted an excuse to tell that...

Axis

Wiseblade said:
I have an idea, lets post one cool thing you did in a match today.

Mine: VS sagat, landing FA+ RSF, then dashing back to bait a TU and landing another FA+ RSF for the dizzy. :lol

Yes, I just wanted an excuse to tell that...

random ranked match against a gouken

spiral arrow for the setup...xup lk->c.lp->s.mp->c.mp->HSA into the same setup 3 times for stun(same links every time)...finished off with j.fp->s.mp->c.fp->c.mk->HSA into taunt ;o

then he hits a random ultra before he dies.

Threi

notag
not today but the best thing i've done in this game has been land a slide > ultra on my cousin.

It's not particularly difficult but the look on his face was priceless :lol

Also landing walk ultra does provide some "fuck yea" moments.

Axis

Threi said:
not today but the best thing i've done in this game has been land a slide > ultra on my cousin.

It's not particularly difficult but the look on his face was priceless :lol

threijay...FUCK YEAH

Axis said:
random ranked match against a gouken

spiral arrow for the setup...xup lk->c.lp->s.mp->c.mp->HSA into the same setup 3 times for stun(same links every time)...finished off with j.fp->s.mp->c.fp->c.mk->HSA into taunt ;o

then he hits a random ultra before he dies.
GAF has marn combos?

Axis

_dementia said:
GAF has marn combos?

nah, i can't play dudley to save my life

to be fair to the gouken...he was mindfucked from trying to parry every wakeup and getting baited every single time to do it

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Gen can actually be a really, really annoying footsie character.

But yeah, he still doesn't do any damage.

FindMyFarms said:
Iuno, I always thought viper wake up EX feint was mad good.

Yeah ex feint is actually pretty dirty. It can be exploited for sure, but definitely underused.

DR2K said:
Viper has ex seismo at the very least. Besides Makoto and Viper are about getting in and staying in, Rose is about keeping out and playing footsies. Ultra 2 gave her 1 or 2 chances to get out safely. I guess it had too much invincibility, but completely removing it to the point where you can jab out of it is ridiculous. (reports say Rose U2 was jab fodder in AE)

I guess I probably shouldn't have included Viper in that list because her wakeup options actually aren't completely terrible compared to some characters. Playing Makoto so much has actually made me appreciative of Viper's wakeup options :lol They're all pretty specific to what you think someone's gonna try and do to you on wakeup, though. It's not like DP where you have to completely stop your pressure sometimes because anything but blocking or backdashing gets you tagged. Lots of characters can option select the shit out of Viper's wakeup though. Like Ryu can safejump os dp and Viper has to block because the os dp will beat everything else.

But yeah, I don't know what it's actually like, but if Rose's U2 only had like 2 frames of recovery so she could be meatied out of it I'd be fine with that too. But Rose is a zoning character, and when you do so much work to finally get her back on the ground but then OOPS U2 BACK TO THE DRAWING BOARD...yeah, it's pretty stupid.

Rocwell

Axis said:
nah, i can't play dudley to save my life

to be fair to the gouken...he was mindfucked from trying to parry every wakeup and getting baited every single time to do it
Stun > taunt, drop combo xx into lose the match = marn combo

Axis

Rocwell said:
Stun > taunt, drop combo xx into lose the match = marn combo

lol yeah i know...i won the match tho...fuck goukens random u1

he also did it next round...from 3/4ths of a screen away for some odd reason

MightyKAC

Beat an A ranked Blanka with the title of "Tournament Player" under his name with my scrubby ass Vega to earn myself a B rank.

Afterwards we ran it back and he bodied the shit out of me :p

SUPARSTARX

Threi said:
Crap don't even work on everybody.

I was talking to Skisonic about DJ stuff and bought up walk ultra. He's like, "I talked to Justin about it and he got it in under two minutes"

I'm like damn here I am on 6/50 success rate.

Threi

notag
actually doing a walk ultra is actually really easy (dash ultra not so much)

problem is that spacing is a HUGE factor. If you aren't right next to them when you cancel into MGU you aren't landing it.

I wouldn't change it though. It's quite an asset if you know it (good damage for a heavily damage-gimped char), DJ would be too easymode if they made it easier. If anything they should work on wtf is up with his U1 (horrible range, barely juggles, doesn't break armor, can't land fully on focus crumple)

Wiseblade

Threi said:
actually doing a walk ultra is actually really easy (dash ultra not so much)

problem is that spacing is a HUGE factor. If you aren't right next to them when you cancel into MGU you aren't landing it.

I wouldn't change it though. It's quite an asset if you know it (good damage for a heavily damage-gimped char), DJ would be too easymode if they made it easier. If anything they should work on wtf is up with his U1 (horrible range, barely juggles, doesn't break armor, can't land fully on focus crumple)
Wait, what?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom