• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
_dementia said:
Heh, that's pretty cool.
I wonder if they'll just prefer ST and go back to that though.

I'm sure they'll like it at first. The main issue with the game were the glitches (and not patching Akuma), the okay OC Remix soundtrack and perception of flash-based art.

I think it can get a following there. I'm surprised Capcom didn't do a SF The Movie and take what was there, remix it and release it in the arcades like a KOF UM.

They'd just have to tweak some of the gameplay, remove the retarded Akuma fireball, completely remove the OC Remix music and not sure what they can do with the graphics.

Can someone give me some tips on how to take on Dudley as Cody? i play someone who is really really aggressive, and no matter how much i try to sneak in attacks to stop his onslaught all of my attacks get stuffed or aren't fast enough. He'll do a machine gun blow, I block and try to throw out some kind of reversal and it seems like he can throw out any punch and just stop me. I try to keep my distance and use my ruffian kicks to keep him at bay, but once he is in I just get pushed into the corner until I'm dead. Any advice on this match up would be greatly appreciated, from the most general of strategies to specific moves I can punish/sneak in/stuff/etc.

Thanks a lot in advance

"Can someone give me some tips on how to take on Dudley as Cody? i play someone who is really really aggressive, and no matter how much i try to sneak in attacks to stop his onslaught all of my attacks get stuffed or aren't fast enough. He'll do a machine gun blow, I block and try to throw out some kind of reversal and it seems like he can throw out any punch and just stop me. I try to keep my distance and use my ruffian kicks to keep him at bay, but once he is in I just get pushed into the corner until I'm dead. Any advice on this match up would be greatly appreciated, from the most general of strategies to specific moves I can punish/sneak in/stuff/etc."

Don't use ruffian kicks to keep him out, they're all pretty much unsafe on block/whiff and they bring you closer to him anyway. Use rocks which recover really quickly (and mix in some fake rocks to keep him from ducking mindlessly) and use your normals which have pretty decent range. Don't forget about using Zonk knuckle

LakeEarth

I don't know my Cody, but playing theory fighter, his far standing jab is 3 frames, so you should be able to punish medium MGB (4 frames) or higher.

Rocwell

robotzombie said:
Can someone give me some tips on how to take on Dudley as Cody? i play someone who is really really aggressive, and no matter how much i try to sneak in attacks to stop his onslaught all of my attacks get stuffed or aren't fast enough. He'll do a machine gun blow, I block and try to throw out some kind of reversal and it seems like he can throw out any punch and just stop me. I try to keep my distance and use my ruffian kicks to keep him at bay, but once he is in I just get pushed into the corner until I'm dead. Any advice on this match up would be greatly appreciated, from the most general of strategies to specific moves I can punish/sneak in/stuff/etc.

Thanks a lot in advance
You need to use cody's jab in this situation, after a blocked mgb you'll recover before he does so if you throw out a jab and he tries to continue pressuring you he'll get stuffed, cody's reversals aren't fast enough to punish lp mgb (not sure about other versions) so if you throw one out Dudley can block and punish you for it.

ehh beaten

cHaotix8

robotzombie said:

Thanks a lot in advance

I play Joe's Cody a lot so I know this matchup pretty well. Cody's back+mp also beats all of Dudleys jump clean, forcing him to play a strict ground game which is to your advantage. Using focus attack on Dudleys fierce is a good way to get a crumple and start your pressure. If he thinks you're going to focus and starts using MGB's, you can beat them on reaction with a Zonk Knuckle. You can also bait the MGB, causing it to whiff and punish with a jump in or a ground combo. All of the MGB's are negative on block so you can throw out something like cr. mp for a very nice counter-hit combo if he presses buttons after one.

You can get out of Dudley's pressure using Zonk Knuckle from time to time, so don't feel like you have to sit there and take it.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
robotzombie said:

Thanks a lot in advance

This fight comes down to wether or not you can get the knife. You kneed the extra range to keep him out. I played this one extensively a while back and I can safely say you'll get mauled unless you pick up the knife.

Thanks for all the tips guys, I'll try to apply as much of these as I can. I really need to start paying attention to the knife, I pretty much forget it exists.

I think the major difficulty in playing against my friends Dudley is simply the fact that he doesn't play the way you "should" play, so I can't really expect him to be doing the "right" things and learning how to combat them. Sometimes its almost easier playing someone who really knows the ins and outs of the game, otherwise you get people doing things you can't predict or expect because they don't know the dangers. But I guess that also speaks to my own weaknesses and inability to punish effectively and reliably. Oh well, I'll keep at it with the suggestions you guys made, thanks for all the help.

If anyone ever wants to beat up on a terrible Cody, my PSN is runant83, thanks again!

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
My Turkey day gift to all you bastards

2a7z8yf.jpg

no time to clean up and color, im hungry. SEEYA!!!

USD

Wow, today I wasn't actually dropping Rekkas (lol 360 pad). There's nothing more annoying than catching the early Focus then getting nailed because the second Rekka never came. I'd honestly rather take the CH FA, at least then I know my Rekka was coming out.

Did have a couple of mishaps, like jumping into Chun UC2. Apparently I can't mash out Ultra properly. :lol

~Devil Trigger~ said:
My Turkey day gift to all you bastards

no time to clean up and color, im hungry. SEEYA!!!
Heh, Fuerte going for the Tosada Press. Nicely drawn. For some reason I tend to like sketches more than finished art.

zlatko

Banned
MarkMan said:
I'm going to copy paste that same post in all the threads.

This is how I do my women too.

This comment had me laughing and made me think of this image being something MarkMan would say on a stream:

women-never-date-nice-guys-like-me-i-hate-those-fucking-bitches.jpg

On a different note I started playing Guile today, and I like the change of pace from Abel/Adon. I just dread playing against Ryu's online. 5 fights of Ryu today were non stop boom/hado wars, and each and every single one of them would do walk up throws that option select tech was not teching to cost me the life advantages needed in this match up. :(

i'm using sim for the first time and i have revived my love for this game. where have you been all my life, you indian dreamboat?

he's probably gonna get nerfed for AE. sucks. at least i still have sakura.

Rocwell

_dementia said:
Yun's is superior but damn, I'm kinda bummed they're both chefs.

damn it i wish the twins were in the home version :(
If it makes you feel better you can pretend Yang is a waiter or dishwasher. If he wants to be a chef he better be wearing a hair net. I don't want one of those bad boys in my wanton soup.

hitsugi

anyone want to go a few games on PSN? i know it's early, but someone must be out there..

i'm west coast if that matters because i know PSN is laggy as hell

USD

Updating the Guard Crush results (runner-up in parentheses):

Guard Crush: Dieminion (Ryder)
Guard Crush 2: Arturo (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 3: Arturo (EvilRahsaan)
Guard Crush 4: Arturo (Min)
Guard Crush 5: Sanford (Arturo)
Guard Crush 6: Arturo (Chris Hu)
Guard Crush 7: Arturo (Sanford)
Guard Crush 8: Arturo (Sanford)
Guard Crush 9: Arturo (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 10: Starnab (Arturo)
Guard Crush 11: Sanford, IFC Yipes (Arturo, Chris Hu)
Guard Crush 12: Dieminion (Aulord)
Guard Crush 13: Dieminion (Sanford)

Dieminion's been on rise.

Die has definitely the one waving the Emp flag. Between the Guard Crush and 8onthebreak, he's definitely playing at a high level. But it's not only him, Marlin Pie, Ryder, Rasaan, Andre, Sanford, Art, Doc Chaos, etc are the top players in the Tri-State area.

I still see West Coast as having the advantage right now with Filipino Champ, Vangief, Ricky Ortiz, Justin Wong, Mike Ross, Alex Valle, Marn, Andy OCR, Shizza, Combofiend, etc.

and Dementia, I saw on the stream that it was up to Spooky to stream it but his equipment went down at the last Guard Crush.

USD

USD said:
Updating the Guard Crush results (runner-up in parentheses):

Guard Crush: Dieminion (Ryder)
Guard Crush 2: Arturo (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 3: Arturo (EvilRahsaan)
Guard Crush 4: Arturo (Min)
Guard Crush 5: Sanford (Arturo)
Guard Crush 6: Arturo (Chris Hu)
Guard Crush 7: Arturo (Sanford)
Guard Crush 8: Arturo (Sanford)
Guard Crush 9: Arturo (Dieminion)
Guard Crush 10: Starnab (Arturo)
Guard Crush 11: Sanford, IFC Yipes (Arturo, Chris Hu)
Guard Crush 12: Dieminion (Aulord)
Guard Crush 13: Dieminion (Sanford)

Dieminion's been on rise.
Also, notice the 1:1 correlation of Die winning and Art not making it to Grand Finals. :lol
_dementia said:
Must be the Mickey Mouse ears.

USD, is Battlefield Arcadia 20 going to be streamed this weekend?
Sp00ky said he would if he can get his new PSU in time. If it is streamed, it will be sometime Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom