• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Man I had a dream about this freaking game last night.

I was at some tournament and sitting down to play some casuals, and when the character select screen came up I noticed it was vanilla. I was all like "wtf" and the other guy said "yeah they haven't bought Super yet because they don't give a shit" or something.

Then when the match actually started, I looked down at my stick and the part where the buttons should be was just a bunch of sticky bubble wrap. So I was trying to rip it all off so I could get to the buttons, but the other guy was staring at me like "what the fuck are you doing?" like that's the way the stick was supposed to be.

Lost Fragment said:

I was at some tournament and sitting down to play some casuals, and when the character select screen came up I noticed it was vanilla. I was all like "wtf" and the other guy said "yeah they haven't bought Super yet because they don't give a shit" or something.

Then when the match actually started, I looked down at my stick and the part where the buttons should be was just a bunch of sticky bubble wrap. So I was trying to rip it all off so I could get to the buttons, but the other guy was staring at me like "what the fuck are you doing?" like that's the way the stick was supposed to be.
I analyzed your dream. I means you should stop playing Makoto.

USD

Wow, Daigo using Ultra II against Mago? I'm guessing to beat Chicken Wing on reaction? Haven't watched the full match yet.
Infinite Justice said:
it was 100 bucks? dang.
Yeah, I was expecting $50, since that seems to be the going rate for high rollers tourneys.

USD said:
Wow, Daigo using Ultra II against Mago? I'm guessing to beat Chicken Wing on reaction? Haven't watched the full match yet.

Yeah, I was expecting $50, since that seems to be the going rate for high rollers tourneys.

$100 or bust!

Fighting game players are like, some of the most broke people in the world lol

N4Us

Lost Fragment said:

This probably means that you're nervous about fucking up somehow or things going wrong for you in a major match. Possibly worried about your stick malfunctioning at the wrong time.

(I used to read a lot of books about dreams, I can't help it)

USD said:

same.

though i think the salty suite tourney was $100 too.

FindMyFarms said:
Of course, $100 should be Ft7 :p

Nothing beats that $1 money match that went on in Melty Blood during that Sp00ky stream :lol :lol

He even commented by calling it a "poverty money match"

Yall heard it first! Ibuki vs. cammy is 7-3 ibuki :lol

Rice-Eater said:
I think Filipino Champ just told FMF to STFU when he disagreed with Champ's opinion that Ibuki vs Cammy is 5-5 :lol

Nah champ said it was 7-3, i said it was 5-5 :lol

zlatko

Banned
N4Us said:
This probably means that you're nervous about fucking up somehow or things going wrong for you in a major match. Possibly worried about your stick malfunctioning at the wrong time.

No no no. He's clearly got a phobia of bubble wrap and vanilla.

DR2K

Banned
FindMyFarms said:
Yall heard it first! Ibuki vs. cammy is 7-3 ibuki :lol

Nah champ said it was 7-3, i said it was 5-5 :lol

In Ibuki's favor? :lol I'd go as far as saying 4-6 in Cammy's favor. Then again not many people know Ibuki and you probably play the only person in the world that uses her in tournaments. :lol

OH champ wasn't being serious or nothin, he was just trollin haha.

I'm a little sad at his lack of mastery over the distinguished language of the Philippines *_*

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
N4Us said:

Nah I think it just means turkey overdose + practicing plinking before bed = weird Street Fighter-related dreams.

Papi

Lost Fragment said:
Fuck. I had a dream as well.
I was at my old house and I heard some noise so I went outside and I saw a figure over at my neighbour's house. As I approached the person, it became known that it was Gootecks and he was robbing my neighbour. He had stolen two luxury towels and he was pretending that he lived there. I was like, "You don't live there, cunt. You are Gootecks."
There was a pause and then he bolted as I chased after him. I tackled him down and took the towels off him and started asking him what's up.
Then I said I was going to rob him and he begged me not to. I wrestled with Gootecks and took his iPod and said I'd be keeping it like, "Yo, are you going to tell the cops? Fucking towel-thief!"
Gootecks cried.
Then I woke up.

Sixfortyfive

He who pursues two rabbits gets two rabbits.
Geez, I had a dream last night too, and I almost never have any that I can even remotely remember.

This one was only barely SF-related because in it one of my friends didn't get my message clearly and ended up at a movie studio in Hollywood (that he thought was a campground) instead of the tournament we were planning to go to, and we had to drive cross-country in a pick-up truck (none of us have a truck) to get him because he only had enough money for a one-way ticket.

DR2K said:
In Ibuki's favor? :lol I'd go as far as saying 4-6 in Cammy's favor. Then again not many people know Ibuki and you probably play the only person in the world that uses her in tournaments. :lol

You're right. It's 6-4 in cammy's favor.

Dartastic said:
Damn, that Ryu combo was stylin for sure.

Yeah I'm pretty sure Choi was doing that on purpose because wasting 3 meters for less damage then 1 would be pretty stupid unless you just wanted to show off.

N4Us

Papi said:
Fuck. I had a dream as well.
I was at my old house and I heard some noise so I went outside and I saw a figure over at my neighbour's house. As I approached the person, it became known that it was Gootecks and he was robbing my neighbour. He had stolen two luxury towels and he was pretending that he lived there. I was like, "You don't live there, cunt. You are Gootecks."
There was a pause and then he bolted as I chased after him. I tackled him down and took the towels off him and started asking him what's up.
Then I said I was going to rob him and he begged me not to. I wrestled with Gootecks and took his iPod and said I'd be keeping it like, "Yo, are you going to tell the cops? Fucking towel-thief!"
Gootecks cried.
Then I woke up.

This probably means that you're *shuts up*

Satyamdas

Banned
Rice-Eater said:
Yeah I'm pretty sure Choi was doing that on purpose because wasting 3 meters for less damage then 1 would be pretty stupid unless you just wanted to show off.
If you're talking about the combo where he FADC'd the srk followup to tatsu in the corner, that wasn't stupid at all, because it allowed him to use his ultra and bring Champ down to a pixel of health. It just had the bonus of being flashy as hell.

Satyamdas said:
If you're talking about the combo where he FADC'd the srk followup to tatsu in the corner, that wasn't stupid at all, because it allowed him to use his ultra and bring Champ down to a pixel of health. It just had the bonus of being flashy as hell.

The thing is Dhalsim was already in the corner, John could have just used EX tatsu and then Ultra instead of using 3 bars for for EX SRK, FADC, Ultra after the LK Tatsu. The first time I thought maybe he screwed up the input for EX tatsu. But after doing it the for the 2nd time and hit confirming into it, I can see that John just wanted to style on Champ.

I main Ryu and I've done that combo countless times in the training room just for fun. It looks cool but it's not practical at all. You're wasting a lot more meter for less damage with the extra scaling and the ultra not landing fully.

It's funny. They think the graphics are ugly to and switch back to the classic style. Man, that title screen, music and Udon art were terrible.

USD, could you tell us some of the things they said?

Their footsie is insane.

FMF, that community is getting older and older. I guess Reno would be the only one who can comment and tell us if there's a young contingent over there.

SFIV brought in a lot of new and younger players into the U.S. community.

Thanks everyone for all the great Cody vs Dudley advice the other day! Man, I really regained some ground against my friend. I also happened to switch to Cody's first ultra instead of his second, I seem to be catching him a LOT more with it. Its a great surprise anti-air if I can time it right. I just wish I had any idea how to FADC effectively so I could utilize it better

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom