• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leunam

Shin Akuma is kinda sorta already in the game, he just doesn't have a separate model. The Akuma you fight at the very end can do double air fireballs without meter, for example. But it looks like theyre going to revamp him.

Leunam said:
Shin Akuma is kinda sorta already in the game, he just doesn't have a separate model. The Akuma you fight at the very end can do double air fireballs without meter, for example. But it looks like theyre going to revamp him.

he looks like a mix between this:
fasfbk.jpg

and this:
k4z7s0.gif

That would be awesome if they have an Akuma model without the top of his gi and the Ten mark on his back sort of glowing.

I didn't understand some of those clear achievements.

And GAH, the wait. Is this to indicate that Capcom is going to crap all over arcade owners and release an AE update?

Spiderjericho said:
And GAH, the wait. Is this to indicate that Capcom is going to crap all over arcade owners and release an AE update?
I hope so. I'd love console AE ASAP.

I think the clear achievements are for the specific character depicted.

XenoRaven

Spiderjericho said:
That would be awesome if they have an Akuma model without the top of his gi and the Ten mark on his back sort of glowing.

I didn't understand some of those clear achievements.

I think the clear achievement descriptions leave out the fact that you're supposed to beat it with the character on the picture of the achievement.

Edit: And the first two with Ryu and Akuma are like "beat these guys in Arcade mode" achievements.

Dartastic

_dementia said:
I hope so. I'd love console AE ASAP.
Pretty much. I know I don't have an arcade around me that'll stock SSF4 cabinets, and I won't be able to play these balance updates and new characters unless they release it as DLC. Consoles are a major, major part of their audience and it'd be moronic to not include them. The longer they take to release the arcade content as DLC, the higher the chance of people ignoring it and just moving on to MVC3 becomes.

kitzkozan

Dartastic said:
Pretty much. I know I don't have an arcade around me that'll stock SSF4 cabinets, and I won't be able to play these balance updates and new characters unless they release it as DLC. Consoles are a major, major part of their audience and it'd be moronic to not include them. The longer they take to release the arcade content as DLC, the higher the chance of people ignoring it and just moving on to MVC3 becomes.

DLC is irrelevant imo.

People wishing to play a more offensive game with insane damage will turn toward MvC 3,having evil Ryu or the twins won't change the basic gameplay of IV.I'm gonna play both,but I prefer SF so I'm looking forward the AE.

As for evil Ryu and Oni Akuma,it would definitively make a lot of sense.They aren't officially announced as playable and it's in the tradition of SF to unlock those dudes.I just hope they really play differently and are more interesting to play.I wish evil Ryu could have the donkey kick+ hurricane kick super and ultra being uppercut+fireball while Oni Akuma has fireball ultra or super +demon and this from CvS 2.

Enk

makes good threads.
I haven't been keeping up with the Arcade Edition for a while but I finally looked up the changes made to my main, Gouken.

:D :D :D

So much great stuff there, and thank you so much Capcom for FINALLY fixing the Kongo Counter and hurricane kick. Now I can finally do my Crossup/M.Kick/Hurricane combo without fear of countering instead.

Any word on when this is supposed to be released?

ThatCrazyGuy said:
Will this mean people will stop whining about Blanka now? Especially with his nerfs in AE?

ralphka.jpg

As for the Evil and shin characters. That's just a waste of space. Capcom and Ono will become the GOAT trolls if this happens.

I want Oni Akuma to play like this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_P4nr53_WwE

Enk said:
I haven't been keeping up with the Arcade Edition for a while but I finally looked up the changes made to my main, Gouken.

:D :D :D

So much great stuff there, and thank you so much Capcom for FINALLY fixing the Kongo Counter and hurricane kick. Now I can finally do my Crossup/M.Kick/Hurricane combo without fear of countering instead.

Any word on when this is supposed to be released?
AE comes out Mid-December.

USD

Spiderjericho said:
It's funny. They think the graphics are ugly to and switch back to the classic style. Man, that title screen, music and Udon art were terrible.

USD, could you tell us some of the things they said?

Their footsie is insane.

FMF, that community is getting older and older. I guess Reno would be the only one who can comment and tell us if there's a young contingent over there.

SFIV brought in a lot of new and younger players into the U.S. community.
I haven't actually watched most of it myself, was watching Dreamhack earlier. I'll get around to watch more later.

Aniken (red shirt)
Otochun (brown jacket, Aniken's younger brother)
ARG (blonde hair)
Akashachi Kancho (Jean jacket)
The SuperStar (long hair)
blackadde said:
anyone taking bets on capcom fixing this?

Akuma Unblockable, Fei Long s.MP xx CW

lol. poor poor makoto.
The Fei combo works on around 8 characters, including most of the female cast and the biggest characters.

USD

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
FindMyFarms said:
Similar to Cammy's unblockable on Rufus, you have to block a split second after wake up. If your'e holding a direction on wake up, you'll eat it, but if you block cross up after you've gotten up you'll be fine.

I thought the only way to escape Akuma's setup was to focus the jumpin then pause a little bit before the dash?

I messed around with this a week or so ago and I couldn't get late blocking to work. Might've been doing it wrong though.

edit: nvm I actually watched the video lawl.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
blackadde said:
anyone taking bets on capcom fixing this?

Akuma Unblockable, Fei Long s.MP xx CW

lol. poor poor makoto.
The Blanka vid put me on Cloud 9.
You just had to go and ruin my evening, didn't you :lol

You learn something new every day with this crazy game.
First Yun/Yang, now Shin/Evil Ryu? If true it's not like they don't have a wider pool of awesome characters to consider. However, that Mugen video made me laugh so thank you _dementia!

USD said:

Looks like the usual suspects. Sanford, J.Wong, Ricky Ortiz, Arturo, Japan (INO), etc.

And in regards to including "evil" characters, etc. It's just an easy way to include another character. Evil Ryu just needs some new textures (please Capcom) and a new animation or two plus move properties. I don't see a problem with this.

If they were to include Evil Ryu, Violent Ken, Shin Akuma, Pre-Death Gouken, etc, I wouldn't really have hurt feelings.

The game already has a ton of characters. It's already so overwhelming.

zlatko

Banned
I'm slowly but surely picking up Guile to hopefully make him my main until Yang hits in case Guile nerfs are super bad.

Anyone have some general tips for the Ryu match up? I love watching this fight, but I really hate playing it. So much boom/hado zoning, and I don't think I've fought a Ryu yet who tries to pressure me instead they play lame and turtle me every damn time. I know that if they are stupid enough to jump at the wrong spaces/times to crouch fierce, and down forward RH them, but I seem unable to keep up in the fireball war.

Often the fight comes down to 15 seconds or less left before I'm forced to take desperate actions to get a knock down.

Myomoto

zlatko said:
I'm slowly but surely picking up Guile to hopefully make him my main until Yang hits in case Guile nerfs are super bad.

Anyone have some general tips for the Ryu match up? I love watching this fight, but I really hate playing it. So much boom/hado zoning, and I don't think I've fought a Ryu yet who tries to pressure me instead they play lame and turtle me every damn time. I know that if they are stupid enough to jump at the wrong spaces/times to crouch fierce, and down forward RH them, but I seem unable to keep up in the fireball war.

Often the fight comes down to 15 seconds or less left before I'm forced to take desperate actions to get a knock down.

Are you precharging? Otherwise look it up on youtube, very simple way to optimize charge time for booms, which is essential in fireball wars.

zlatko

Banned
Myomoto said:
Are you precharging? Otherwise look it up on youtube, very simple way to optimize charge time for booms, which is essential in fireball wars.

Yeah I read up on that on Eventhubs, but maybe I'm doing it wrong? I always thought Guile can't keep up in boom vs ryu hado at full screen, because eventually the ryu player will be ahead of you in speed. Usually when I know I won't get a boom to come out to meet the next fireball I neutral jump, but is Guile actually able to stay toe toe no matter what? If so I need to practice the technique more.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
zlatko said:

( ゚ Д゚)

zlatko

Banned
haunts said:

( ゚ Д゚)

Well it's not like I'm trying to rush a Ryu player down as Guile. The difference is if I get a knock down with my Guile I try to keep some kind of pressure on my opponent, but the Ryu's after knock down 100% back off and start chucking plasma my way again.

I'm a combination of lame like Guile is done, but I make most of my opportunities to keep spacing in my favor and not get myself stuck in a corner.

Teach me Haunts-Sensei, WWHD ?

Zlatko just keep working on your zoning. Don't hope the ryu "pressures" (i.e. wrecklessly attacks giving you easy openings is what I think you're asking for, not actual real pressure) just keep practicing on playing safe and opening him up yourself.

People aren't just going to jump at you while you're holding down charge. Also when people DO actually pressure you properly, you're not going to enjoy it so make sure you never put yourself in that situation.

If they back off with a life lead, that's to be expected with the guile match. If you have the life lead when they back off then just keep playing solid, it's a skill you have to master anyhows.

haunts

Bacon of Hope
zlatko said:
Well it's not like I'm trying to rush a Ryu player down as Guile. The difference is if I get a knock down with my Guile I try to keep some kind of pressure on my opponent, but the Ryu's after knock down 100% back off and start chucking plasma my way again.

I'm a combination of lame like Guile is done, but I make most of my opportunities to keep spacing in my favor and not get myself stuck in a corner.

Teach me Haunts-Sensei, WWHD ?

i was just giving you shit. i mean you cant complain 'bout people turtling when you're guile. haha.

really tho, best guiles seem to try their best to boom it out, stop a jump in or two, land a fierce or something then just run away and play super defensive the rest of the match. i mean i play sagat 100% these days and I hate guile more than anyone else. if you play him like a wall, get some early damage, it's hard to stay patient. i usually crack after a while and try to rush in, eating a fierce or whatever else in the process.

remember neutral jumping plasma is really good esp vs turtles, even more so when you've got the life lead.

zlatko

Banned
Good advice guys. I'll just have to keep working on the fundamentals then.

Who are the top 3 Guiles I should look at some videos of? I know Dieminion is a very solid Guile I like to watch play, but who else mains and excels at him?

haunts

Bacon of Hope
zlatko said:
Good advice guys. I'll just have to keep working on the fundamentals then.

Who are the top 3 Guiles I should look at some videos of? I know Dieminion is a very solid Guile I like to watch play, but who else mains and excels at him?

watch Warahk. get gets a lot of shit for the rage quit but his guile is really solid, esp these days.

hitsugi

Really doubt they'd do evil ryu + a different gouken and ANOTHER different akuma. easy for them to do? Yes... but why? D:

hitsugi said:
Really doubt they'd do evil ryu + a different gouken and ANOTHER different akuma. easy for them to do? Yes... but why? D:

Never forget Alpha 2, Alpha 3, CVS1, CVS2...some of the versus titles...why because it's easy.

How about ST Ken? Or Alpha Dictator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom