• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
hitsugi said:
Really doubt they'd do evil ryu + a different gouken and ANOTHER different akuma. easy for them to do? Yes... but why? D:
AUxLQ.jpg

Threi

notag
almost got to 4000PP then lost it all.

did not enjoy one bit of it. Between my crappy execution and the strict timing required to win with deejay, win or lose it is not enjoyable at all.

Worst thing about it is that every other char in this game is irritating to play as well. All of them have some bullshit thing to abuse to get cheap wins, if they don't, they suck.

USD

All the players from the HDR stream are there. ARG's team is all-Balrog Claw. :lol

Also, double elimination.
Threi said:
Worst thing about it is that every other char in this game is irritating to play as well. All of them have some bullshit thing to abuse to get cheap wins, if they don't, they suck.
Rekka and CW combos FTW.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Yeah Warahk's Guile is pretty solid. One of the best in the country probably. He deserves to be up there with Dagger G and Lamerboi.

I tried to learn Guile recently but zoning people all day is boring. I like to be all up in dudes faces.

Threi said:

did not enjoy one bit of it. Between my crappy execution and the strict timing required to win with deejay, win or lose it is not enjoyable at all.

I'm in this cycle of getting to 4kish pp, then dropping down to 2.5k or so because I decide to play a different character.

zlatko

Banned
Threi said:

Cody?

SUPARSTARX

You guys are overanalyzing the achievement icons and going on Eventhubs too much.

Because I'm 110% sure those have been there forever.

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
DERP!!!!!!

I can't for the life of me do that viper seismo xx seismo dealy

I do the input for the first seismo and then as soon as that one gets blocked I do the input for the 2nd one + ending it with an up / upforward motion but 90 out of a 100 times her superjump comes out, 9 out of 100 times nothing happens and 1 out of a 100 times I do it :(

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Corky said:
DERP!!!!!!

I can't for the life of me do that viper seismo xx seismo dealy

I do the input for the first seismo and then as soon as that one gets blocked I do the input for the 2nd one + ending it with an up / upforward motion but 90 out of a 100 times her superjump comes out, 9 out of 100 times nothing happens and 1 out of a 100 times I do it :(

You're canceling the recovery of the seismo into a superjump, then cancelling the superjump into another seismo. Turn the dummy on "block all" and seismo over and over again without trying to cancel it, so you can get a feel for when the recovery starts.

If you get a superjump, you're probably doing it too fast. Like a lot of things with Viper, you have to do the inputs more slowly than it might seem.

B-Genius

Unconfirmed Member
Lost Fragment said:
You're canceling the recovery of the seismo into a superjump, then cancelling the superjump into another seismo. Turn the dummy on "block all" and seismo over and over again without trying to cancel it, so you can get a feel for when the recovery starts.

If you get a superjump, you're probably doing it too fast. Like a lot of things with Viper, you have to do the inputs more slowly than it might seem.
Yup, like Lost Fragment said, if SJ comes out then you're definitely doing it too fast.
Or rather, doing it too early. You have to perform the actual input quite quick.

I'm still practicing myself, and while I can do like 5 in a row in training mode (so satisfying), I tend to rush in a match and can manage 2 or 3 tops. You just gotta chill it out a bit. Good luck!

Corky

Nine out of ten orphans can't tell the difference.
Lost Fragment said:

alright man, thanks will try it out :)

Myomoto

zlatko said:
Yeah I read up on that on Eventhubs, but maybe I'm doing it wrong? I always thought Guile can't keep up in boom vs ryu hado at full screen, because eventually the ryu player will be ahead of you in speed. Usually when I know I won't get a boom to come out to meet the next fireball I neutral jump, but is Guile actually able to stay toe toe no matter what? If so I need to practice the technique more.

If you fit in your EX-booms at the right timing, you should be able to keep up the fireball war. This was a large reason for Guile's charge time being reduced in super.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
The hell? :lol

I've only been using an avatar of my face for several months back in vanilla. It's not hard to figure out what I look like. There are faces of me all over the place I frequent or use to.

And no, that isn't me. I've only ever cosplay Orta. Probably pics of it online somewhere.

Kadey said:

I've only been using an avatar of my face for several months back in vanilla. It's not hard to figure out what I look like. There are faces of me all over the place I frequent or use to.

And no, that isn't me. I've only ever cosplay Orta. Probably pics of it online somewhere.

Our memory sucks.

: (

KS Seven X said:
Our memory sucks.

: (

No, you weren't here during the Markman wars. We all fought for her attention but Markman came in here with a picture of himself with Heihachi hair and a diaper...and that was pretty much it.

Let's not go down that road again. My heart can't take it.

USD

USD said:
There's a JP ST 3-on-3 late tonight starting at 1 AM EST Sunday (6 hours from now). Will be streamed here:

http://www.justin.tv/kasugai50
This tourney was pretty hype. Lots of nasty Ryus; Futachan, ShootingD, and TatsumakiRYU (with the S.Ryu) all performed strongly for their respective teams. Otochun has a really impressive Chun. ARG's all-Claw team got reverse OCV'd twice in the winner's league (first by Otochun, then by Futachan). :lol

After the tourney they had a GODSGARDEN-style FT10 match between Ito's Dee Jay and Otochun's Chun. Have to say, Ito is amazing.

Threi

notag
Spiderjericho said:
No, you weren't here during the Markman wars. We all fought for her attention but Markman came in here with a picture of himself with Heihachi hair and a diaper...and that was pretty much it.

...i don't remember any of this

*edit* apologize for the salty rant yesterday...again. I have too high standards of myself...even the slightest mistake can get me raging.

USD said:
After the tourney they had a GODSGARDEN-style FT10 match between Ito's Dee Jay and Otochun's Chun. Have to say, Ito is amazing.

:O

link?

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Threi said:
...i don't remember any of this

*edit* apologize for the salty rant yesterday...again. I have too high standards of myself...even the slightest mistake can get me raging.

I don't either. :lol

Shoutouts to Kuma for getting himself banned.

Spiderjericho said:

I was a lurker for a while before I joined gaf a year ago. Also, Kuma got banned? How?

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
_dementia said:

Oh hells. Please don't link Faye/ibuki in here again :|

Kadey said:

Hi Kadey.

---

Everyone else.

Stay free.

I didn't win nothing.

Kadey made me her bitch.

LakeEarth

Kadey said:
Sore losers these days. :lol
Yesterday someone bitched at me for having a playstyle where "I just stand there and counter what the other person does". Why the fuck wouldn't I if the person is playing stupidly unsafe?

LakeEarth said:
Yesterday someone bitched at me for having a playstyle where "I just stand there and counter what the other person does". Why the fuck wouldn't I if the person is playing stupidly unsafe?

Hate mail: "Stop making me look stupid.!! Grrr!!!" :lol :lol

LakeEarth said:
So basically, he mad at you for playing SF?

_dementia said:
Daigo is so fashionable.
Are there any really strong players in Kuwait?

There will be once Daigo leaves. There's always been a decent fighting-game community in Kuwait. There's been Kuwait representation at Evo. There's no streams or tournament result threads, so it's hard to know what's going in their community. Hopefully, someone is able to stream or record videos during Daigo's visit.

Cool that Daigo, in the last year, has gotten to visit the US a few times, Canada, Europe and now Kuwait. Truly a world warrior.

Imm0rt4l

Spiderjericho said:
There will be once Daigo leaves. There's always been a decent fighting-game community in Kuwait. There's been Kuwait representation at Evo. There's no streams or tournament result threads, so it's hard to know what's going in their community. Hopefully, someone is able to stream or record videos during Daigo's visit.

Cool that Daigo, in the last year, has gotten to visit the US a few times, Canada, Europe and now Kuwait. Truly a world warrior.
Didn't Daigo go to Kuwait last year? I could have sworn he's competed there before.

edit: I am mistaken

USD

_dementia said:
Daigo is so fashionable.
Are there any really strong players in Kuwait?
I was watching part of the B3 Alpha 2 tournament, and 3 of the players there were randomly from Kuwait. I guess there's been some sort of a fighting game community there for a long time.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
LakeEarth said:

Funny thing is, I was playing Honda as aggressive as you can play him. If anything, he had all of the opportunity to punish me.

I gues BFA isn't going to be streamed? Sucks. It's Sunday and I want something to watch :(

It will be. Just running on Empire time.

P.S- Kuma got banned because of One Piece.

If anybody hasn't seen it yet. Blah, blah, blah.

I made a video of the Femme Fatale pack.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NihPXdC2oy8&fmt=22

haunts said:
Yeah they have some monsters out there, I think I posted about this like a month ago.. One of their players did a cool write up for us, check it out:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/9/15/white-tower-kuwaits-fighting-game-scene-by-7ayat.html

Good job on the link. I never saw this. I like this feature on the community out there. I wish other sites (cough, cough SRK) would do stuff like this.

The Sagat and Dictator were good in the second video. And the Honda was pretty decent. It would be interesting to know how they did at the last SBO.

I wouldn't be surprised if some beat Daigo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom