• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Spiderjericho said:
There will be once Daigo leaves. There's always been a decent fighting-game community in Kuwait. There's been Kuwait representation at Evo.

Yeah, iirc, the winner of the guilty gear tournament in 09 was from kuwait.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
haunts said:
Yeah they have some monsters out there, I think I posted about this like a month ago.. One of their players did a cool write up for us, check it out:

http://iplaywinner.com/news/2010/9/15/white-tower-kuwaits-fighting-game-scene-by-7ayat.html

Interesting article.

One of those guys has a pretty mean Sakura. Love this shit :lol

B-Genius said:
Yup, like Lost Fragment said, if SJ comes out then you're definitely doing it too fast.
Or rather, doing it too early. You have to perform the actual input quite quick.

Yeah, what he said. The actual input you still have to do about as fast as you would a regular seismo, but you can't immediately do the motion right after the first seismo. Has to be a pause in there.

So I decided to pickup dat playboy Ken as a secondary. He's mad fun to play with...I've been using him my endless battle matches lately. I need to work on my BnB combos, but otherwise I'm better than most of the scrub ass Ken's out there.

~Devil Trigger~ said:
NO HE'S NOT!!!

Are those salty tears?

He's got some set ups, mix ups and combos. I didn't even know you could link the ultra from low short.

I don't get the hate for Blanka. If you know the matchup, it's not THAT bad (not to say it's still not lame or annoying). If Blanka was so bad, he would've been winning tournaments during Vanilla and Super. He wasn't a tank like Sagat or has 101 ultra setups. We just saw a video that showed how to punish his balls. It's not like he's CVS2 Blanka.

I thought people would be more irritated by the army of Ryu/Kens they face online, which Black Vegeta is now proudly a member of.

GGs Threi.

I think you should do much more cross-up mk mixed with short hops on my wake-up since Rog's wake-up options aren't that great. Also it's good to block those overheads ;). Although the connection was a little bit laggy, so maybe you would have blocked some of those in offline games.

Sorry about trolling with my godlike Blanka. :lol

Threi

notag
gg man.

Balrog is my demon in this game as deejay. I pretty much lost the match before the round begins :lol

Other Deejay players say it isn't so hard, i find it almost impossible. Probably my playstyle. I will try to mix up my air game on wakeup like you said.

Also kinda surprised that I completely forgot how to play bison at all...random psycho crushers D:

I hate Ono and his trolling. But applaud his efforts to keep my favorite game series alive.

Keits said:
More than a few users took time out of their day to ask Super Street Fighter 4 producer Yoshinori Ono if the recently rumored Xbox 360 achievement list was fake or not. Ono's responses are hard to gauge, but he seems surprised by the images. Judge for yourself from the three tweets after the break.

Tweet 1
In response to being linked to the images and asked if they are real, Ono said "I'll see the picture it tomorrow(JPN Monday)

Tweet 2
In response to finally seeing the images, Ono replied with "yipe! What the hell was that? ;O"

Tweet 3
In response to being begged to say the images are fake, Ono said "Is it almost completed for 360 ?! I'll check it to R&D room."

Tweet 4
"Now, power on my PC. This is a disaster !" "It's a crisis ! ;O I take a closer look at the situation. I think I'll be fired soon..... Orz"

Threi

notag
i think i've given up on trying to tech throws in this game. I always get thrown. I've tried before the throw comes, during the throw, a millisecond after, mashing throughout...absolutely NEVER techs.

Threi said:
i think i've given up on trying to tech throws in this game. I always get thrown. I've tried before the throw comes, during the throw, a millisecond after, mashing throughout...absolutely NEVER techs.
Online?
Yeah I get scooped all the time online.

SmokeMaxX

Threi said:
The best way to tech throws is to mash DP.

SePhoBroth

Neo Member
Threi said:
gg man.

Balrog is my demon in this game as deejay. I pretty much lost the match before the round begins :lol

Other Deejay players say it isn't so hard, i find it almost impossible. Probably my playstyle. I will try to mix up my air game on wakeup like you said.

Also kinda surprised that I completely forgot how to play bison at all...random psycho crushers D:
Threi, you've always been random! jk Too tech throws pretend you're the one doing the block string and tap lp and lk along with them. If you ever want to try it send me a message on live and we can practice teching.

SePhoBroth said:
Threi, you've always been random! jk Too tech throws pretend you're the one doing the block string and tap lp and lk along with them. If you ever want to try it send me a message on live and we can practice teching.

That's a good way to get blown up :p

Threi said:

If it's online then yeah GL TECHING lawlz. If it's offline, then you're timing is obviously off. Your perception of when you're teching is off from what you're actually doing. What I'd reccommend is going to training mode, have a record the dummy as doing a cr. jab then throw. Put it on replay and just practice techin that shit until you get it down.

USD

I have come to the conclusion that: 1) I suck at this game and 2) I can't properly mash out reversals.

Fuck it, let the PP bleed.

Threi

notag
time for another "i didn't know that worked" moment

apparently ryu can punish ex sobat with hk tatsu on hit if only the tip hits.

punishing fireballs from long range: bad idea.

*edit*

down another 800pp, time to give this game a rest.

once a week doesn't seem to be cutting it.

Rocwell

biosnake20 said:
wv8mll.jpg

SePhoBroth

Neo Member
FindMyFarms said:
That's a good way to get blown up :p

If it's online then yeah GL TECHING lawlz. If it's offline, then you're timing is obviously off. Your perception of when you're teching is off from what you're actually doing. What I'd reccommend is going to training mode, have a record the dummy as doing a cr. jab then throw. Put it on replay and just practice techin that shit until you get it down.
That's just how I do it. It seems to work ok for me. How do you it?

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Playing this game offline has ruined online for me :(

I wish I could hire a Japanese lady to live in my basement and play fighting games all day and get really good and be at my beck and call when I want to play. If you know what I mean.

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Lost Fragment said:
Playing this game offline has ruined online for me :(
I wouldn't mind as much if my connection weren't crap, but yeah, learning how to react offline makes you get blown up online by bullshit.

SmokeMaxX

SePhoBroth said:
Eh, first off, you want to do delayed crouch tech (so you're a few frames behind the end of the blockstun on each of their moves; basically you're imitating their blockstring much later than they do it). Second, you want to make sure you're not predictable with your crouch teching as frame traps will eat you alive.

SePhoBroth said:

Do it when you think a throw is coming, don't do it rythmically between each poke or else you'll eat counterhit setups. Usually when i'm offense i'll cut a block string short to look for 2 things 1 - if the other player is doing cr. tech non stop 2- what timing they use for it (early tech, mash tech, delayed tech, etc.) Once you get those 2 things down, it's counterhit city.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Today I was chillin' out with Daigo.

In my dreams.

It was pretty damn cool :D

Threi said:

*edit*

Yeah, Dee Jay has way too much unsafe stuff. Sure some characters can't punish everything, but most popular of them can. I think the main thing that make me give up on Dee Jay was that so many moves are so specific. Also the lack of good pokes makes me very sad as a Rog player. :(

Threi said:

*edit*

Really, I did not know that. Finally no more free EX Sobat from Dee Jay players. Now I can't wait to play Dee Jay against just so I can try to punish that next time.

Joekage

So I just got done with a ranked session with Gootecks. His Rog is nasty as hell, the meaty setups he uses against me were crazy and my reactions weren't sharp enough to successfully keep my anti air game up against him tonight resulting in me getting hit by a million counter hit jump roundhouses.

Balrog matchup is so stupid when it comes to Cody. Reaction Bingo to rush punch is next to impossible online as well. Back strong getting beat by jump roundhouse at certain angles doesn't help matters either. And his sweep and backdash are godlike.

Oh well, just takes time and practice which is why I lost like 700PP straight constantly rematching him haha. Long as I get the experience, I'm fine since hopefully the information I'm gathering will help me be a better player in the long run.

zlatko

Banned
Joekage said:
So I just got done with a ranked session with Gootecks. His Rog is nasty as hell, the meaty setups he uses against me were crazy and my reactions weren't sharp enough to successfully keep my anti air game up against him tonight resulting in me getting hit by a million counter hit jump roundhouses.

Balrog matchup is so stupid when it comes to Cody. Reaction Bingo to rush punch is next to impossible online as well. Back strong getting beat by jump roundhouse at certain angles doesn't help matters either. And his sweep and backdash are godlike.

Oh well, just takes time and practice which is why I lost like 700PP straight constantly rematching him haha. Long as I get the experience, I'm fine since hopefully the information I'm gathering will help me be a better player in the long run.

Upload some of the matches or save some replays and maybe someone on Gaf could upload them for you. That way I'm sure people on here can toss out some good things you may have missed to up your game.

I never played Cody at a god like level or against a beast Balrog like Gootecks', but I never found that match up a 6-4 for Balrog. It's very 5-5, and early on I even felt Cody might have the edge to make it 6-4 for himself.

SePhoBroth

Neo Member
FindMyFarms said:
Do it when you think a throw is coming, don't do it rythmically between each poke or else you'll eat counterhit setups. Usually when i'm offense i'll cut a block string short to look for 2 things 1 - if the other player is doing cr. tech non stop 2- what timing they use for it (early tech, mash tech, delayed tech, etc.) Once you get those 2 things down, it's counterhit city.
Thanks, I understand that. I was just talking about the timing itself.

dragonballjoseph said:
Yeah. PP loss is crazy in this game. I remember that I lost 600 PP. Then I stopped choosing random select. :D
The solution is to stop caring about PP.
I have no idea how much I have now, and no idea how much I had yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom