• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
So Rog only got nerfs and the motion for the U2 changed which basically doesn't make any difference. Oh yeah, standing close mp has been changed, but still this is not very exciting. At least Dee Jay is getting some love.

If I understood correctly:
Airslasher recovery is 3 frames faster.
Jackknife got some invincibility so you can antiair with HK Jackknife (?).
Slide (worse) got some changes and far MK too (better).
Sobats got better.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I'm gonna wait for better translations than Google Translate, because even though I can guess what they mean, it really looks like gibberish.

Any Dee Jay improvements are fine in my book, but I'd really want an easier link from LP to MP - that would be huge enough for me in my book.

And if this translation is correct, it says Seth's health went up to 900, which is also pretty huge, even if his jumping stretching HP is still gone from the JP arcade tests.

cHaotix8

zlatko said:
I never played Cody at a god like level or against a beast Balrog like Gootecks', but I never found that match up a 6-4 for Balrog. It's very 5-5, and early on I even felt Cody might have the edge to make it 6-4 for himself.

As a former Rog player, I feel that Cody-Rog is 6-4 in Boxer's favor. Even though Cody can Bingo dash punches, it's really easy for Rog to keep him out and get in when he wants to. Not to mention he can backdash out of Cody's pressure pretty much whenever he wants.

Joe needs to master that RH. Ruffian.

Skilotonn said:
I'm gonna wait for better translations than Google Translate, because even though I can guess what they mean, it really looks like gibberish.

Any Dee Jay improvements are fine in my book, but I'd really want an easier link from LP to MP - that would be huge enough for me in my book.

And if this translation is correct, it says Seth's health went up to 900, which is also pretty huge, even if his jumping stretching HP is still gone from the JP arcade tests.
Looks like Seth got a small boost to his stun rating too.
Online Tony for Evo 2011 top 8?

Well, I guess we have to see how big a nerf the loss of j.HP is.

According to that leaked list

Sagat

*Tiger uppercut does 20 more damage
*Angry scar input is now the kick button (fuck yeah auto correct TU)
*Standing light kicks second hit now does 30 damage instead of 10?

I fucking hope they don't touch high TS recovery, goddamn. What I played at TGS was fucking ridiculous.

USD

Rocky_Balboa said:
So Rog only got nerfs and the motion for the U2 changed which basically doesn't make any difference. Oh yeah, standing close mp has been changed, but still this is not very exciting. At least Dee Jay is getting some love.

If I understood correctly:
Airslasher recovery is 3 frames faster.
Jackknife got some invincibility so you can antiair with HK Jackknife (?).
Slide (worse) got some changes and far MK too (better).
Sobats got better.
According to the post:

-Air Slasher has three less frames of recovery
-MK Jack Knife is hit invincible on startup; you can combo anti-air MK JK > HK JK
-cr.HK has more active frames (making it better), the first hit of st.MK has a 5-frame startup and can link from crouching light normals
-His dash is bufferable (if I'm reading it correctly)
-Sobats have more frame advantage, can now do first hit of Sobat > FADC combos

USD

We already knew that Makoto's dash was faster, but they specifically mention that it's 16 frames. She's now tied for 2nd (with Abel, Gouken and Fuerte) for the fastest forward dash.

USD

Leunam said:
Really? How fast is Fei Longs dash?
17. A frame or two faster than the average dash speed. Tied for 6th (with Juri and M.Bison).

EDIT: Speaking of Fei Long, the first two EX Rekkas are now safe on block.

Threi

notag
wait

air slasher recovering so much faster will make his zoning game a LOT better

...and his corner pressure

and his offense will improve because sobats are getting better frame advantage so they will be better on both block and hit

fuuuuuuu

i have a deejay-sized grin on my face right now :D

USD

A few random things I see (only a fraction of the changes for each character):

-Ken's cr.HK is now 7 frames, so you should be able to combo into sweep.
-Seth lost his jump HP, but now has 800 health/900 stun.
-Dudley's new EX Ducking has faster movement and faster followups (Straight, Upper).
-Zangief EX Banishing Flat (Green Hand) is now +1 on hit against grounded opponents (doesn't knock down), and he can now manipulate UC2
-Akuma's cl.HP > Teleport > UC2 now hits on crouchers
-Rose's Soul Satellite has no invincibility, but now the orbs have a 4-frame startup (formerly 7)
-Adon's wakeup time has been changed

Wiseblade

USD said:
A few random things I see (only a fraction of the changes for each character):

-Ken's cr.HK is now 7 frames, so you should be able to combo into sweep.
-Seth lost his jump HP, but now has 800 health/900 stun.
-Dudley's new EX Ducking has faster movement and faster followups (Straight, Upper).
-Zangief EX Banishing Flat (Green Hand) is now +1 on hit against grounded opponents (doesn't knock down), and he can now manipulate UC2
-Akuma's cl.HP > Teleport > UC2 now hits on crouchers
-Rose's Soul Satellite has no invincibility, but now the orbs have a 4-frame startup (formerly 7)
-Adon's wakeup time has been changed

My word. Zangief got BUFFED. even without U2, he can just use HK to mess with people. WorstGiefEver might start beating me now...

RE Adon: Yes, finally!

USD

Hitokage said:
Soul Satellite startup is listed as 1+4, though.
I'm just going by what they wrote.

Hakan
-Oil Slide now has a kick follow-up, which gives you enough time after the oil to do wakeup attacks
-Oil Shower no longer overwrites, can have up to 30 seconds of oil
-st.LP → cr.LP or F+LK → LP Oil Slide now connects
-st.HP, F+LP seem to work well as anti-airs

USD

Brobzoid said:
Did Adon get any buffs/nerfs that are notable outside the wake-up timing?
Adon
-cl.MP has 8 more frames of hit stun, can cancel into LK Jaguar Kick and link into Rising Jaguar
-st.MK hitbox buffed, can now be used as an anti-air
-EX Jaguar Tooth has more projectile invincibility, and doesn't flash until he hits the wall (so you can't tell whether it's EX or not until he bounces off the wall)
-Wakeup time changed

Rocwell said:
What does it say about Dan? I think they gave him some faster normals and nerfed damage on mk/hk dankicks?
Dan
-cl.MP is +8 on hit, cl.HK is +6 on hit, cr.LK → st.LK → Koryuken now connects
-Koryuken is considered mid-air after the invincibility frames
-MK and HK Dankukyaku do less damage
-nj.HP now juggles against mid-air opponents

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Cheers USD. The EX jagga toof change is nice and the MK buff is probably a good one too. Would have liked cr.MP/cr.MK to get a little better tho. footsies keep me out to well :c

USD

Hawk's change list is short (and is pretty much the same as the loketests) so I'll just list it:

T.Hawk
-EX Condor Dive can now be done as an individual attack, performed with all three kicks; is projectile invincible and can be done on a back jump
-UC2 has a faster startup, better hitbox

Thanks for the translations USD. I really like the Adon changes.

I also can't wait for the Yun and Yang footage in 2 weeks. I hope they're competitive.

USD

M.Bison
-UC2 is now a charge command, now does 450 damage (up from 420)
-Knee Press Nightmare (SC) is now projectile invincible
-st.HK does 110 at the base, but only 80 at the tip
_Xenon_ said:
It seems these changes are from ARCADIA No.128, which is not released yet. http://www.arcadiamagazine.com/

No idea how legit they are ... they missed Juri's walk speed buff.
It's not a complete changelog, and also doesn't go into deep detail on some of the changes.

Finally starting to work on improving my reaction time. Setting the dummy to random block, random counter hit, and doing cLP xx Short Swing Blow FADC Ultra 2 on reaction.

I'm not going to be able to play Dudley like Marn and rush constantly to do long-form meter building combos, so I'm working on making sure my reactions and option selects are on point because I won't have as many chances to do block strings. I'm going to try playing Dudley closer to how most people play Balrog, I still think Ducking Straight is better than people are willing to give it credit for as a cancellable dash punch. Lame it out, break in, option select high/low attacks, mixup gimmicks, back off and lame it out.

Rather than build meter, I'm trying to conserve it, which is hard for Dudley because his EX moves are so good that it's easy to burn through everything. It's kinda heartbreaking, but cLK xx MK, LP, RH xx jab Uppercut, Fierce Uppercut doesn't seem to work. cLK xx MK, LP, LP, MP xx short Ducking is a pretty fun reset, though.

The psycho punisher command change is super perplexing to me :(
There are other anti-fireball ultras like Soulless and Jaguar Sleepover that are motion commands and also do more damage

Threi

notag
_dementia said:
The psycho punisher command change is super perplexing to me :(
There are other anti-fireball ultras like Soulless and Jaguar Sleepover that are motion commands and also do more damage
Bison isn't a char who really needs an anti-fireball ultra in the first place. Also his can cross up, recovers faster, and can be controlled (if you change your mind you can hold back and it won't go near them)

What he does need though is an anti-guile ultra :lol

Threi said:
Bison isn't a char who really needs an anti-fireball ultra in the first place. Also his can cross up, recovers faster, and can be controlled (if you change your mind you can hold back and it won't go near them)

What he does need though is an anti-guile ultra :lol
Jaguar Sleepover can be steered with the joystick also.

recovery is still shit though.

Rocwell

Wiseblade said:
My word. Zangief got BUFFED. even without U2, he can just use HK to mess with people. WorstGiefEver might start beating me now...

RE Adon: Yes, finally!
Gief got a range and damage buff on lp spd also apparently. D:

USD

Dudley
-EX Ducking added, has faster movement and faster followups (Straight, Upper)
-cr.MK had more active frames; F+MK has a faster startup
-EX Short Swing Blow has less recovery

Zangief
-EX Banishing Flat (Green Hand) is now +1 on grounded opponents (doesn't knock down)
-UC2 can now be manipulated
-LP SPD has more range, does more damage

Dhalsim
-Normal damage has been revised
-Backdash is improved
-cr.MP buffed, can link into itself (and other moves)

PhatSaqs

Banned
Not sure whats worse right now. Having Gief go into crossup 50/50 with EX GH knocking down or having him right next to you standing up with it not?

Rocwell

Oichi at Versus City had a different translation on Dudley changes, here's what he said.

Dudley
※ EX Ducking has been added, all moves that come out of EX Ducking are very fast.

※ Crouching MK can be linked.

※ Foward+MK comes out faster.

※ EX Short Swing blow reels back less.
Can't say who's right myself since my Japanese is pretty garbage :lol

Ninja edit:

The kick lariat thing was a mistranslation. I think that was the lp spd range/damage buff.

" Crouching MK can be linked."

Aww yeah. I'm hoping on far standing LP, cMK.

Wait, if it can be linked, then that means the startup has to be faster, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom