• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Leunam

USD said:
Zangief
-EX Banishing Flat (Green Hand) is now +1 on grounded opponents (doesn't knock down)
-UC2 can now be manipulated
-LP SPD has more range, does more damage

2jeu63t.gif

M. Bison
※ Ultra 2 combo command has been changed, but damage upped to 450.
※ Super combo has projectile invincibility.
※ Heavy kick does 110 damage up close, 80 at the tip.

Wow... that would explain why I never go threw fireballs...

>_>

Threi said:
i have a deejay-sized grin on my face right now :D

Happy for you, man :D

USD said:
A few random things I see (only a fraction of the changes for each character):

-Ken's cr.HK is now 7 frames, so you should be able to combo into sweep. YES
-Seth lost his jump HP, but now has 800 health/900 stun.
-Dudley's new EX Ducking has faster movement and faster followups (Straight, Upper).
-Zangief EX Banishing Flat (Green Hand) is now +1 on hit against grounded opponents (doesn't knock down), and he can now manipulate UC2 JESUS
-Akuma's cl.HP > Teleport > UC2 now hits on crouchers So U2 hits crouchers now, eh?
-Rose's Soul Satellite has no invincibility, but now the orbs have a 4-frame startup (formerly 7)
-Adon's wakeup time has been changed Would be hilarious if they sped it up even more :lol

USD said:
Dudley
-EX Ducking added, has faster movement and faster followups (Straight, Upper)
-cr.MK had more active frames; F+MK has a faster startup
-EX Short Swing Blow has less recovery

Zangief
-EX Banishing Flat (Green Hand) is now +1 on grounded opponents (doesn't knock down)

Dhalsim
-Normal damage has been revised
-Backdash is improved
-cr.MP buffed, can link into itself (and other moves)

Fear the 'gief.

'Wonder what revised damage means? Probably means it's reverted back to Vanilla numbers. Anything else on Dhalsim, USD? Thanks for all the translations!

USD

biosnake20 said:
any new cody news?
The only thing I see is that they expanded on the Crack Kick (F+HK) juggle. We knew you can do Crack Kick → EX Upper for full damage, you can also connect with MK and HK Ruffian.

USD

Seth
-j.HP doesn't stretch
-Hyakuretsu (Chun Legs) does more damage
-Tanden Stream (UC1) can be blocked by projectiles (if I'm reading it right, don't quote me on that)
-Tanden Storm (SC) is invincible on startup, juggles against air
-Now has 800 health/900 stun

DR2K

Banned
PhatSaqs said:
I dont think anyone can word this to where we understand how it actually works now lol.

Probably won't get stuffed as much if it comes out faster. That's what I assume.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
USD said:
Seth
-j.HP doesn't stretch
-Hyakuretsu (Chun Legs) does more damage
-Tanden Stream (UC1) can be blocked by projectiles (if I'm reading it right, don't quote me on that)
-Tanden Storm (SC) is invincible on startup, juggles against air
-Now has 800 health/900 stun

Makoto: "Here i Come!!!"

USD said:
The only thing I see is that they expanded on the Crack Kick (F+HK) juggle. We knew you can do Crack Kick → EX Upper for full damage, you can also connect with MK and HK Ruffian.

crack kick into mk or hk ruffian? nice

USD

Some specific numbers:
-Chun-Li's DF+LK now has a 12 frame startup (2 frames slower)
-Fuerte's UC2 is now 4 frames (one frame slower)
-Blanka's EX Electricity has a 5 frame startup (5 frames faster)
-Ibuki's Kunai does 30 damage (down from 50), Neckbreaker does 120 damage, 200 stun (down from 140/250)

Damage changes I'm honestly fine with. Kunai dropping 20 points since it tends to be blocked or smacked out of the air anyway and 20 damage on neckbreaker isn't terrible because it still leads to lots of setups and stun combos, but the stun drop of 50 points is a LOT when you consider how much stun a character has and how hard it can be to get in on some characters (Guile, decent Ryu, etc). I guess it's because just a couple of combos with neckbreaker can stun easily, plus she's getting faster s.lk and s.mk (YES!), but maybe a 20 point drop in stun would have been better than cutting it down by 20%.

Either way, I'm looking forward to this stuff, because I'm sure it won't affect her too terribly.

There's a lot of players signed up for NewEgg's Wanfest SSFIV online tourney, I think it's the mostly ever signed up now. 500+ players like Alex Valle, Dieminion, Marn.

SephirothRK said:
There's a lot of players signed up for NewEgg's Wanfest SSFIV online tourney, I think it's the mostly ever signed up now. 500+ players like Alex Valle, Dieminion, Marn.
May the laggiest Blanka win!

But seriously, this must be unprecedented for an online turnout in a fighter. It'll be interesting.

cHaotix8

250 stun on neck breaker is a LOT. No wonder she was stunning fools so quickly.

If Dudley has both a faster cr. mk and fwd. mk I will rejoice to the heavens. I can finally play footsies/whiff punish instead of throwing out st. HP, hoping to counter poke an attack that doesn't go under it. So good. :D

kitzkozan

It seems Daigo will finally drop Ryu in SSFIV AE.Think he's going to try out Ken,Makoto and Yun.We will see if he actually switch or if he end up sticking with Ryu anyway.

I have this feeling that Makoto will be top tier,if not the best character in the game.Ken will possibly become the best shoto since he got buffed and he still has the defensive air tatsu.I'm seeing Dee Jay near the top along with Zangief and Yun or Yang (perhaps Hakan as well).Let's not forget Gouken which also received nice buffs. :D Bring on the AE already,I wanna see that crazy Oni Akuma or whatever he's called. :lol

cHaotix8

kitzkozan said:
I have this feeling that Makoto will be top tier,if not the best character in the game.Ken will possibly become the best shoto since he got buffed and he still has the defensive air tatsu.I'm seeing Dee Jay near the top along with Zangief and Yun or Yang (perhaps Hakan as well).

Akuma will remain the best Shoto.

MIMIC

Banned
Zangief

Holy fucking shit! :lol

Anyway, I was playing Zangief against a Rose player last night......EX Banishing Flat destroys her U2. :D Too bad I don't play him that often though, but it was amusing every time I did it.

And another thing: Bison is TOO good. Every time I play him, I feel like I'm cheating :lol I played some of him last night. The man has pretty much an option for everything, incredible speed, great normals and specials (which are fast, easy to combo into, etc) and a great Ultra 2 (which can punish things easily and you can escape if you know that it won't connect).

KNEEL BEFORE YOUR ABORTION

MIMIC said:
And another thing: Bison is TOO good. Every time I play him, I feel like I'm cheating :lol I played some of him last night. The man has pretty much an option for everything, incredible speed, great normals and specials (which are fast, easy to combo into, etc) and a great Ultra 2 (which can punish things easily and you can escape if you know that it won't connect).

KNEEL BEFORE YOUR ABORTION
Bison is a really strong character assuming you play him well. He'll run in to problems if you're trying to mount a comeback against someone though.

MIMIC

Banned
I was using all of the tricks people always did to me online: dash throw, c.LK (3x) > scissor kick, throw then slide then c.LK (3x) then scissor kick OR throw (SHENANIGANS!)

I just didn't know how to to his devil's reverse off of the top of my head (and I forgot about his teleport).

I really like him since you can walk up to characters and do the c.LK to your heart's desire since it comes out so fast. With Fuerte....ugh. The amount of effort to pull that off requires strict timing, canceling into the run at some point, and a small range. But I still love him :)

His U2 is literally a buffed version of Fuerte's Ultra 1 that hits instead of grabs.

Rocwell

kitzkozan said:
It seems Daigo will finally drop Ryu in SSFIV AE.Think he's going to try out Ken,Makoto and Yun.We will see if he actually switch or if he end up sticking with Ryu anyway.

I have this feeling that Makoto will be top tier,if not the best character in the game.Ken will possibly become the best shoto since he got buffed and he still has the defensive air tatsu.I'm seeing Dee Jay near the top along with Zangief and Yun or Yang (perhaps Hakan as well).Let's not forget Gouken which also received nice buffs. :D Bring on the AE already,I wanna see that crazy Oni Akuma or whatever he's called. :lol
Yo, calm the eff down man. :lol Daigo may pick up other characters to deal with bad matchups but I doubt he would ever drop Ryu entirely (Especially considering he wants to play console as long as that's where the action is). Makoto will be high-mid tier at best because she's still free on defense. Yun won't be the same beast he was in 3s since he can't build super every 10-15 seconds. Gief will still have bad matchups against zoning characters. Hakan... is Hakan, hopefully we'll get to see more of him and other characters at high level play.

LakeEarth

MIMIC said:
Anyway, I was playing Zangief against a Rose player last night......EX Banishing Flat destroys her U2. :D Too bad I don't play him that often though, but it was amusing every time I did it.
I'm pretty sure the Rose player could've just blocked it.

MIMIC said:
So if Rose blocks, the orbs stay alive?
I think EX Galactic tornado is the only move in the game that remotely kills orbs.
Otherwise it's either hit Rose to make them go away, block the orbs, get hit by orbs, or let them run out.

def sim

Those orbs are going to hit him and Rose would land a fat combo off of it. Nothing but a meaty throw (possibly fireball) or point blank block can beat Rose's U2 right now.

LakeEarth

Since Rose can do anything after the ultra freeze, nothing is a sure-fire punish against it. As an Abel player, I can EX tornado throw the ultra immediately after the freeze, but it will only work if she sticks something out or just stands there. If they backdash (which is what Gootecks does for most of his defensive ultra activations), you can't do much with most characters.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
I still don't get the point of changing Bison's U2 motion, at all. Something that starts that slow and goes vertical like that shouldn't be a B,F,B,F motion, plus it was barely useful as it was before. I've never had to use it, but now I surely won't be using U2 with Bison anymore. 30 more damage is nothing.

And Fuerte's U2 start-up is just 1 frame slower, while I'm glad that it got slower in the small way possible, the hitbox and damage are worse still on top of that.

I've been playing Ken for the last week just because no one else in my circle plays with him and I've been having fun and winning nonstop with him as well - so that's nice to read about his improvements.

Zangief's buffs are well-deserved for real though.

kitzkozan said:

Now now, Ryu, even though he's weaker damage-wise, still has that versatility with his links, and comboing into full Ultra, and insane zoning game.

And as nice as these changes are, I don't know if they're enough to shoot Makoto and Dee Jay to the top like that - I played them despite their faults, and there has to be more changes for them to conquer the rest of the characters in the game like that.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
Rocwell said:
He lost his stretchy jumping fierce.

Was about to say this. That was like 50% of his offense and the main reason why he's such a bad match up for Zangief and annoying in general. I still beat Art though. :lol

Ken got buffed. Yay!
Ken and Bison are my most used characters in Super. I still have yet to try the rest of the cast beyond Hakan. Anybody whom played me knows I use a bunch of characters. :D

Hitokage

Setec Astronomer
Skilotonn said:
And as nice as these changes are, I don't know if they're enough to shoot Makoto and Dee Jay to the top like that - I played them despite their faults, and there has to be more changes for them to conquer the rest of the characters in the game like that.
It remains to be seen either way, I think. I know a couple Fei Long fans who swore up and down that his buffs going into super were utterly inadequate. *clears throat*

Threi

notag
Anyone want to chip in on those Hawk changes?

As for DeeJay personally it's a hell of a lot more than I asked for. He still has punishable normals (but got the "one good long range poke" he needed) but at least his specials make up for it big time. And making his U2 setup easier? Improving his slide? Safer sobats?

I am more than happy if even half of what is promised is actually true. :D

Only thing I don't like is they still haven't seemed to do anything about his U1. IMO his U2 was fine the way it was and his U1 needed tweaking, but they pretty much are saying "DON'T USE THAT ULTRA"

Wiseblade

USD said:
Some specific numbers:
-Chun-Li's DF+LK now has a 12 frame startup (2 frames slower)
-Fuerte's UC2 is now 4 frames (one frame slower)
-Blanka's EX Electricity has a 5 frame startup (5 frames faster)
-Ibuki's Kunai does 30 damage (down from 50), Neckbreaker does 120 damage, 200 stun (down from 140/250)
2i7biu1.jpg

Meh. One frame shouldn't be the end of the world. Jumps still have four frames of recovery should still be effective as an anti-air. As a reversal, I can't think of anything that can't be punished now based off frame data, but things might still change in practice. as a punish it should be just as good.

Now it's just a case of finding out the damage nerf. Please be >450...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom