• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.
SephirothRK said:
There's a lot of players signed up for NewEgg's Wanfest SSFIV online tourney, I think it's the mostly ever signed up now. 500+ players like Alex Valle, Dieminion, Marn.

I signed up and I'm on the registered players list, but I'm not on the brackets?

52. Angelo Infanto (GodsBeard)

How do I find out when to fight?

zlatko

Banned
I love the theory fighter going on in here. The Makoto will be top tier comments are the best because they remind me of when everyone thought Dudley was going to be the new Sagat in SSF4. :lol

I'm glad Adon didn't get mauled other than his wake up time, sad about Abel, sad about Cody not getting more love(he's a crowd favorite he deserves it), and I'm okay with the Guile changes.

I'm really curious how they plan to fix Guy.

~Devil Trigger~

In favor of setting Muslim women on fire
zlatko said:
I love the theory fighter going on in here. The Makoto will be top tier comments are the best because they remind me of when everyone thought Dudley was going to be the new Sagat in SSF4. :lol

I'm glad Adon didn't get mauled other than his wake up time, sad about Abel, sad about Cody not getting more love(he's a crowd favorite he deserves it), and I'm okay with the Guile changes.

I'm really curious how they plan to fix Guy.
Guy:
- c.LK's damage decreased, and its start-up is 3f now
- Far version s.MK has faster start-up and less recovery
- Far version s.MP's hitbox is buffed a bit
- F+MP overhead now does 2 hits, and is even on hit
- His EX run follow-up timing is now same with his non-EX versions. Also, his EX run -> slide has projectile invincibility, while his EX run -> stop has Armor. Since EX Run can focus 2 hits to begin with, you can now focus all of Akuma's HP Shakunetsu Hadouken by timing your EX Run -> Stop (QnA translation). (<- Not sure what they meant on "EX run follow-up timing" stuff)
- Super Combo damage increased, and fixed some issues of it whiffing on some characters if done after a combo

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Wallach said:
I would guess target combo.

Huge brainfart, makes sense. Imagine not having to use close HP or HK for punishing anymore? The more they make Ken like 3s the better. /theory fighter I'm hoping that Ken's new juggable Jab Shoryu could be FADC'able into full U1 since both hits connect on an EX-Hado now. We'll see.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Hitokage said:
It remains to be seen either way, I think. I know a couple Fei Long fans who swore up and down that his buffs going into super were utterly inadequate. *clears throat*

That's true yeah.

BotoxAgent said:
lol, no!! :D

Nah he really needed some though, he should be a beast when close, especially against certain characters that can play run-away too good against him...

Satyamdas

Banned
LeMaximilian said:
I'm hoping that Ken's new juggable Jab Shoryu could be FADC'able into full U1 since both hits connect on an EX-Hado now. We'll see.
I've always thought it was bullshit that he only gets the full ultra on counterhit. The amount of damage he gets for the non-full ultra after FADC is just pathetic. Why they don't just scale the full ultra damage a bit more and let him connect it every time is beyond me, but I have a feeling it will remain unchanged from Super.

Which reminds me, when Ken connects a full ultra 1 for the kill and the game pauses for like 20 seconds, I want to punch things. For the love of God, please speed that shit up Capcom!!

zlatko said:

I'm curious why Daigo has a interest in Makoto though. He's no low tier warrior.

MIMIC

Banned
Wiseblade said:
2i7biu1.jpg

Meh. One frame shouldn't be the end of the world. Jumps still have four frames of recovery should still be effective as an anti-air. As a reversal, I can't think of anything that can't be punished now based off frame data, but things might still change in practice. as a punish it should be just as good.

Now it's just a case of finding out the damage nerf. Please be >450...

What's the # of frames of start up for Ultra 1?

As long as Ultra 2 is faster, I'll be a happy Mexican cook :)

LeMaximilian

Alligator F*ck House
Satyamdas said:
Which reminds me, when Ken connects a full ultra 1 for the kill and the game pauses for like 20 seconds, I want to punch things. For the love of God, please speed that shit up Capcom!!

XBOX: FIRE INDEED HOT /3 fps

Wiseblade

MIMIC said:
What's the # of frames of start up for Ultra 1?

As long as Ultra 2 is faster, I'll be a happy Mexican cook :)

frame data has it at the obviously wrong 5 frames, but according to SRKWiki it's actually 10 frames. But even that sounds a little generous to me.

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
* TC hits crouched and has increased damage.
I will main Ken because of this. 3s-style Ken, bitches!

El Sloth

Banned
~Devil Trigger~ said:
Guy:
- c.LK's damage decreased, and its start-up is 3f now
- Far version s.MK has faster start-up and less recovery
- Far version s.MP's hitbox is buffed a bit
- F+MP overhead now does 2 hits, and is even on hit
- His EX run follow-up timing is now same with his non-EX versions. Also, his EX run -> slide has projectile invincibility, while his EX run -> stop has Armor. Since EX Run can focus 2 hits to begin with, you can now focus all of Akuma's HP Shakunetsu Hadouken by timing your EX Run -> Stop (QnA translation). (<- Not sure what they meant on "EX run follow-up timing" stuff)
- Super Combo damage increased, and fixed some issues of it whiffing on some characters if done after a combo
SEX. I've really been getting into Guy and Cody lately, so these changes please me. I always do Run->slide against my friends thinking it would go under fireballs. SMH

I wonder what Capcom's game plan is with AE. Release a home version after it being in arcades for a while to not piss off the arcade owners? If so, how long? 3 months? 6 months?

A friend of mine was also wondering if they would add any extra characters(other than Yun & Yang) and whether they would include some of the alt costume DLC if they made a home version . In his scenario, to justify a $60 price tag.

I personally think we'll see AE on consoles eventually, but as DLC not a disc.

Degen

Gotta try AE Hawk. Those can't be all of his updates, although the EX Dive is definitely a game changer. sonicboom that!

One thing I want to know is just how effective Ultra 2 will become. I've never taken it seriously.

Are there any videos of people using Gen's stance parry or Hakan's crisco combos effectively in a match? You'd think there'd be some high-execution nut doing that kind of stuff out there.

El Sloth

Banned
God's Beard said:
Are there any videos of people using Gen's stance parry or Hakan's crisco combos effectively in a match? You'd think there'd be some high-execution nut doing that kind of stuff out there.
Wildcat815, maybe?

~Devil Trigger~

God's Beard said:
armor cancel to stances? weird have'nt seen that

went to a tourney Saturday, saw SpabRog(Fuerte) armor canceled to U2 once.

Wiseblade

~Devil Trigger~ said:
armor cancel to stances? weird have'nt seen that

went to a tourney Saturday, saw SpabRog(Fuerte) armor canceled to U2 once.
Pfft, anyone can do that. ¬.¬

Never done it in an actual match before...

N4Us

Degen said:
Gotta try AE Hawk. Those can't be all of his updates, although the EX Dive is definitely a game changer. sonicboom that!

That was probably the best thing I read in the updates.

Enk

makes good threads.
God's Beard said:
My theory fighter tier list:

Top:
Gen
Hakan

High:
Makoto
Zangief
Guile
Akuma
Balrog
Fei Long

Mid, mid-low:
Everyone else

I think with the extensive amount of buffs and much need move changes Gouken is getting he could probably contend with the high tiers.

Gouken Changes said:
Normal Moves
• All of Gouken's normal moves have been improved.
• Close Standing Hard Punch and Close Standing Hard Kick have more frame advantage.
• Close Standing Medium Kick has 3 frame start up start-up, so it'll be easier to compete against some of the other fighters.
• Neutral Jump Hard Punch and diagonal Jump Hard Kick have pursuit properties, and will slam opponents into the ground.
• Ranges on his normal moves haven't changed.
• Back grab has been changed to deal gray damage, so the combo damage from the grab has been decreased. (Translator's note: They're probably saying that the back grab deals 0 gray damage, so it'll get scaled as a combo as well.)

Special Moves
• In specials, Light Punch Running Palm (Senkugoshoha) has been drastically changed, so it will connect from weak attacks (Light Punch/Light Kick), and EX Hurricane Kick locks opponent, making it easier to combo.
• Recovery of the Demon Flip Focus has been significantly decreased, making it easier to utilize.
• Kongo (Counter) is changed as well. To be precise, it can only be activated now by using Punch buttons and the strength of the Punch changes where it sets up a counter hit at. Light for low attacks, Medium for middle attacks, and Hard for upper body attacks.

Other Stuff
• During backdash, Gouken is now considered airborne right after invincibility ends.

Overall
• His normal and special moves have been changed, and he will be able to do new things while retaining old tactics.
• As a result, his 'easiness' might have been changed, but you will be able to enjoy strategies different from Ryu and Akuma.

Lost Fragment

Obsessed with 4chan
Makoto's not gonna be top tier. She'll be mid tier at best because she's still gonna be super free on wakeup, + her offense is still gonna be risk-based.

I'm not even that sure she's gonna be mid tier. IMHO, one of the only reasons she's low tier right now is because so many characters beat her simply because they have a fireball. A lot of her buffs seem to be focused around making her more dangerous up close, but she's already dangerous up close. I think her tier placing in AE is gonna depend a lot on how much faster U2 is.

U2 is mad slow for a anti-fireball ultra. HK version is 19 frames of startup, and has 11 active frames. And most of those active frames are when she's in the air. So, it's nearly 30 frames to tag someone's fireball recovery. For comparison: Abel's U1 is 16 frames. U2 needs to be a lot faster for it to be useful. It's still gonna be useless if it's not like 10 frames faster. At least 10 frames faster.

But I could be wrong. Guess we'll find out pretty soon. Either way, I will continue to beat all your asses with Makoto :)

SLYspyda

Banned
lol, I just beat an A Ken player, tranboy08, with my newly B level Ryu. I think he got cocky and I capitalized.

Either way, I mainly use Ryu, to those who want to fight and don't mind when someone uses the same character everytime, add me, SLYspyda.

~Devil Trigger~

Makoto's status will all depend on how good her "new" dash is. Basically if she has less problems getting the Fireball crew thats a move up, and its not her biggest problem now.

If U2 is awesome in AE, than she'll have both a bail out and an Fireball killer, hell even an AA.

As for Gouken, he's still free on wake up so im still not gonna put em near anyone on top. But im pretty excited about the changes.

vg260

Wonder why the damage decrease on Guile's Sonic hurricane. It didn't do a whole lot of damage already, did it? Maybe they mean chip damage. Been off him a while testing other characters, so I forget.

Dartastic

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Makoto's status will all depend on how good her "new" dash is. Basically if she has less problems getting the Fireball crew thats a move up, and its not her biggest problem now.
I'm just wondering what her air punch is gonna do now. Really curious. That's potentially huge as well, because I almost NEVER use it now.

hitsugi

it's hilarious that people are surprised with Akuma's U2 now asking about it being a meter-less combo...

it always has been :lol it just never worked properly and whiffed in the dumbest scenarios due to a severely fucked hit box. makoto players know all about that issue

USD

The newest SSFIV blog post is up, I'm going to post all the translations in one shot, however. Only have Dudley left right now.

USD

ZANGIEF

Normals
-st.HP has longer range

Specials
-LP and HP SPD do more damage, LP has slightly more range
-EX Banishing Flat doesn't knockdown on normal hit against grounded opponents, but it leaves you in range for LP SPD (according to Arcadia magazine, it's +1 on hit)
-No changes to either Lariat

Ultra Combos
-After the UC2 Ultra flash and until active frames, you can manipulate the Ultra forward or backward. The forward movement is considerably greater than before, so it's easier to catch opponent back jumps
-UC2 has greater landing recovery

SAGAT

Normals
-st.LK does more damage when both hits connect (we already know the 2nd hit does 30 damage, up from 10)
-st.LK is still only cancellable on the first hit

Specials
-Tiger Uppercut does more damage on deep hits (reported to be 120, up from 100)
-Angry Charge now done with kick commands

DAN

Normals
-cl.LK startup is 3 frames (1 frame faster), cr.MP startup is 5 frames (2 frames faster)
-cl.LK, cl.MP, cl.HK, st.LP, cr.LP, cr.MK all have less recovery, allowing for new combos
-Examples: st.LP &#8594; cr.MK; cr.MP &#8594; cr.MP
-nj.HP now juggles (can do follow-up attacks), knocks opponent to ground

Specials
-The damage distribution on MK, HK Dankukyaku has been changed, HK does less total damage
-Is considered mid-air on Koryuken trade

Ultra Combos
-UC2's invincibility has been reduced to 8 frames after the Ultra flash. It's now possible to stuff the Ultra, preventing the fireball from releasing at all

DUDLEY

Normals
-cr.MK now has 5 active frames (up from 3)
-st.HK has less recovery; no greater advantage on hit, but is +0 on block (improved from -3)
-j.HK knocks air opponents to the ground, is easier to use air-to-air

Unique Attacks
-Stomach Blow (F+MP) now has a 7-frame startup (2 frames faster), improved hitbox; can now hit some characters' low attacks
-Dart Shot (F+HK) has an improved hitbox, making it easier to land from a distance

Specials
-EX Ducking added. In contrast to normal Ducking, it has complete upper body invincibility during movement, follow-ups can be done on the 3rd frame
-Light normal &#8594; EX Ducking &#8594; Ducking Straight/Upper is now possible

Other
-On blocked Jet Upper FADC forward, Dudley is now -2
-The issue that some characters had when trying to throw a stunned Dudley has been fixed

Next week is Guile, Seth, Dee Jay and Hakan.

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Thanks again for the timely translations, USD.

EDIT: I am not looking forward to having to deal with that Gief change (back? Azrael always cited it as something insane from the original vanilla loc test) to Banishing Flat.

LakeEarth

Yeah, the no-knockdown banishing flat is gonna be a killer for Abel. At first I thought he could spam tornado throw to beat any SPD followup, but with jab SPD increasing range, Abel's jab TT might not reach it. We'll have to wait and see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom