• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

TimeKillr

~Devil Trigger~ said:
Hayate was faster and had better range

Kara had better range, i forgot the properties though(vs throw and such)

st. MP is better now

Oroshis are slower, i would have problem with that but EX version not only slower in SSF4 but loses to stupid shit

Fukiage is more useful in SSF4 as an AA, but 3S version was a bag of stun

Tsurugi Axe kick was actually an Air-to-air option, and was an overhead(all of them as i remember), SSF4 version has such a shitty hitbox.

Her Super did more damage when activated is 3S

You cant combo into Abare anymore :(, and Abare does'nt do stun damage anymore

recovery from fwd and back dashes, now more.

Well, the huge difference is parries. You can actually get in with her when you have parries, whereas in SSF4, which is a lot more defense, it's VERY difficult to get in.

IIRC in 3s you couldn't karakusa -> Seichuzen. You could, however, link a seichuzen after a jab hayate (I loved doing c.lk -> jab hayate -> seichuzen).

XenoRaven

cHaotix8 said:
It really just agitates me to receive such condescending attitudes from people when they don't even know the more important factors of my character's meta-game.
I read that whole conversation. You are highly sensitive. I didn't see anything even remotely condescending directed toward you. You may want to step back, take a deep breath, and then consider that when people tell you they don't agree with you, it's not necessarily meant to be taken personally.

I'm not trying to be a dick either, which means how you receive and respond to this post will say a lot about your willingness do take the above advice into consideration.

Brobzoid said:
uuuuuuuuuuuuuuurgh.... motherfucking 360 pad is doing my head in.

How is the madcatz pad compared to the sega saturn USB pad? I used to play on the latter on SF4 PS3, but since my PS3 broke I've been playing on xbox and I don't have any sort of proper input device so I'm using the stock controller. Lately though I've been struggling like all hell because it's so difficult to stay on top of my spacing while making sure that my inputs register.

I don't think I have enough money to import a heavy-ass stick so my best bet is to spring for a madcatz pad, no?

I just wanted to chime in and say I fucking love the MadCatz pads. I own several, and I rotate between that and my TE S stick depending on what character I'm using. For certain characters I actually find I perform better with the FightPad, whereas I find the dualshock or 360 pad utterly impossible. I recommend it if you can't afford to drop the cash on a stick.

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
EraldoCoil said:
Me and Panda with our MOE powers combined are gonna take this....

Don't sleep on Log Or Gib either.....
rhikhw.gif

yea, there aren't going to be any free second rounds in this tourney. :p should be fun.

APZonerunner said:
I just wanted to chime in and say I fucking love the MadCatz pads. I own several, and I rotate between that and my TE S stick depending on what character I'm using. For certain characters I actually find I perform better with the FightPad, whereas I find the dualshock or 360 pad utterly impossible. I recommend it if you can't afford to drop the cash on a stick.

How do the diagonals on your pad work for you? I'm having a hard time adjusting to mine. It feels really unresponsive at times. Wanna see if others have the same issues or if it's a matter of breaking in and adjusting.

gibration said:

I dunno, almost looks intentional to me.

Gyrian said:
Final Roster

01. Gibration
02. Floyd
03. Panda
04. Eraldo Coil
05. Gyrian
06. Seph RK
07. Lyte Edge
08. Ploid
09. gundamkyoukai
10. Devil Trigger
11. the_log_ride
12. biosnake20
13. Arstal
14. Mikeeb13
15. Rapid Cancel
16. Digimish

There are a few more players on standby.
If you're not in when we begin, you will be replaced by one of them.

For those without SSFIV GAF chat access, send me a friend request and I'll send you an invite.

This is our meeting point.

See you in some 2 hours! :]

wha~?! I'm on your friends list and you couldn't ask me if i wanted in? I'm appalled. >:/

riceandbeans said:
How do the diagonals on your pad work for you? I'm having a hard time adjusting to mine. It feels really unresponsive at times. Wanna see if others have the same issues or if it's a matter of breaking in and adjusting.

The d-pads definitely get better with use - there's a bit of breaking in to be done with them to be sure, they got better with age for me. One of the best ones I own was actually bought preowned and had probably seen a bit of use before I bought it. After picking up that one cheap to test it I picked up some new ones and noticed the d-pads were stiffer and less responsive, but with more use they loosened and became far better.

If you're using a charge character I'd say these pads are harder to use with them, though. Charge characters are the one case where I have to use my stick or bust - I can't do that stuff right on the pad.

SmokeMaxX

cHaotix8 said:
I understand that. But I'd like to think of myself as a somewhat competitive player.I travel to all the local tournaments and went to evo and all that shit. It really just agitates me to receive such condescending attitudes from people when they don't even know the more important factors of my character's meta-game.

Just pick Bison. You know you want to.

Gyrian

Tiger uppercut said:
wha~?! I'm on your friends list and you couldn't ask me if i wanted in? I'm appalled. >:/

Haven't seen you in the chat or this thread lately. ;_;
Get online, I've got a feeling there'll be a couple of no-shows.

micrometaru.gif

Rentahamster

Rodent Whores
God's Beard said:
I need to retake this shot without flash and frame it.

http://imgur.com/gMyku.jpg[IMG]

This might be the most dramatic moment to happen to my Dudley.

By the way, I passed the 1000 fight milestone while I fought you :D[/QUOTE]
lol, I can screencap that for you if you'd like :)

dragonballjoseph said:
You've finally realized he will EX fireball once he gets the meter?

More like I am not being as stupid rushing into cr.mk's or sudden jump ins *he tends to jump back a lot but if I go after him the next jump is likely incoming instead, well that or cr.mk* but yeah I noticed that trend, and if I was more awake maybe I would have ex-scissored through more of them.

In short me being more patient was paying off.

stabicron7 said:
More like I am not being as stupid rushing into cr.mk's or sudden jump ins *he tends to jump back a lot but if I go after him the next jump is likely incoming instead, well that or cr.mk* but yeah I noticed that trend, and if I was more awake maybe I would have ex-scissored through more of them.

In short me being more patient was paying off.
Doing stand roundhouse after scissors works very effectively against Timedog. He usually stays out of range for EX Scissors as well. So you might want to do an EX psycho since it'll absorb both versions of the fireball to get in for damage.

Relix said:
You and Black Vegeta rip poor TimeDog to shreds :lol :lol
It's not ripping if it's true.
I've taught myself to not focus attack against his Ryu because I get blown up by the EX fireball. =(

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
I am so salty right now...

...But not at the game. I was playing Sephiroth in the PSN mini-tourney bracket #1 semis, and my wife walked in, turned off the fan, started talking to me, AND GOT RIGHT IN FRONT OF THE TV. FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

Whatever "zone" I was in, gone. :lol Seph got me that round than beasted in the final. Am cry.

But it was a good match. Fun tourney!

cHaotix8

XenoRaven said:
I read that whole conversation. You are highly sensitive. I didn't see anything even remotely condescending directed toward you.

God's Beard said:
I don't about you guys, but if you spend half the round recovering from knockdown, there are other things you should be fixing with your Dudley strategy.

Sounds pretty condescending to me.

XenoRaven said:
You may want to step back, take a deep breath, and then consider that when people tell you they don't agree with you, it's not necessarily meant to be taken personally.

I'm not trying to be a dick either, which means how you receive and respond to this post will say a lot about your willingness do take the above advice into consideration.

I'm really trying not to take any of this personally but when you have people shitting on my posts like this :

Pandaman said:
i dont think the guy asking for a ryu like uppercut for full cross counter invincibility should be talking about the metagame.

seth is supposed to be the boss character here.

it starts to irk you.

The reason why I said Dudley should have SOME kind of invincibilty on his dp is because he doesn't have any at all. In certain situations and angles , cross counter and normal anti airs don't activate in enough time for you to counter them. If he had Ryu mp. DP invulnerability or even lp invulnerability, he would be able to at least trade, which is all I'm really asking for. Normal cross counter is useless because it gets stuffed on activation. It was active on the first frame in 3rd strike, I believe, and that game had parries.Either give the dp some invicibility so it can trade, or give cross counter invincibility on start up. How is this broken?

Personally I wouldn't pick Duds for competitions. People will just counter pick you and when they do its going to sting a lot worst than when people counter pick your Ryu lol =)!

If you get to face Mike Ross's Honda its lights out, you are fighting on a very steep hill and the big boulder at the top is Honda ;p!

I know this better than anyone man. This is probably one of the worst match ups in the game. That's why I have Balrog for bad matchups, and a Ken in the works. :p

SmokeMaxx said:
Just pick Bison. You know you want to.

Never!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
winners are bolded.

first bracket:

Panda (hakan) vs sovmish (Ken)
kobunkun (chun) Vs Callmehgod (guile)
Lyte Edge (chun) Vs cydonian (mak)
Seph (Viper) Vs Exuro45 (chun)

semi finals:
Kobunkun vs panda (disconnect at loading screen)
Seph (viper) Vs Lyte Edge (chun)

finals:
Seph (viper) Vs kobunkun (chun)

seph to finals.

second bracket:
Gundamkyoukai (guy) Vs Ploid (rufus)
Floydnova (dudley) Vs Dave1988 (juri)
Qistoptier (hakan) Vs Gyrian (mak)
Gibration (bison) Vs Eraldo_Coil (Balrog)

semi finals:
Floydnova (???) Vs gundamkyoukai (guy)
Gibration (Bison) Vs Qistoptier (???)

Finals:
Floydnova (abel) Vs Gibration (bison)

GRAND FINALS:
Floydnova (abel) Vs seph (viper)

SEPH WINS, VIPER AM GAWD.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Pandaman said:
I HATE YOU COGECO.
SO MUCH.
DISCONNECTED ME IN THE SEMIFINALS.

;_;

coil, you are all that moe has left now.

MOE HAS FAILED YOU

Everyone should join my group, the OOO. That's "Oppai Oshiri Organization." All Chun, Cammy, Juri, Rose, and of course Rufus and Honda users may apply!

Pandaman

Everything is moe to me
cHaotix8 said:
it starts to irk you.

The reason why I said Dudley should have SOME kind of invincibilty on his dp is because he doesn't have any at all.
and? he's not alone in that regard, he's not being singled out and hell, having a dp at all is an anti air and wakeup bonus in and of itself anyway. lots of characters would love to have your problem.

In certain situations and angles , cross counter and normal anti airs don't activate in enough time for you to counter them. If he had Ryu mp. DP invulnerability or even lp invulnerability, he would be able to at least trade, which is all I'm really asking for.
a trade isn't a small thing to ask for. a trade means you get for cheap, a trade dp means people have to approach you completely differently, a trade dp heavily buffs dudleys non ex wakeup game.

so yeah, that is too much to ask for.

Normal cross counter is useless because it gets stuffed on activation. It was active on the first frame in 3rd strike, I believe, and that game had parries.Either give the dp some invicibility so it can trade, or give cross counter invincibility on start up. How is this broken?
because this isn't third strike.

Not to mention those other characters don't get trade combos like Dudley does. Does chaotix think Dhalsim should get an invincible reversal? How about all the other characters that wish they had EX Jet Uppers?

As for Cross Counter, I think the delay is fine because this is a much slower game than 3s, but I don't think a move that requires you to take damage should be able to be armor broken. It makes me sad, but I know that taking that away would probably completely change half the Dudley match ups. It would be way overpowered, even more than an invincible dp.

I just think that there should be some utility added for moves that lack it. Dudley basically has 3 moves that are the equivalent of Cammy's Spin knuckle in vanilla: Back Swing Blow, Thunderbolt, and Victory Rose. If anything should be upgraded, it's these 3.

bistromathics

facing a bright new dawn
God's Beard said:
Not to mention those other characters don't get trade combos like Dudley does. Does chaotix think Dhalsim should get an invincible reversal? How about all the other characters that wish they had EX Jet Uppers?
you can get laughed out of sakura's wakeups :(

Fuck that shit, i teched that fucking throw....FUCK!

I didnt play anywhere near my best, dropping links and combos...... but i teched that mother fucking throw!!!

Dudley doesn't need to have his normal uppahcuts with an invincibility property. His EX needs to be invincible until he stops rising and it needs some horizontal range.

What he needs is some move with super armor frames on it and for back swing blow to be throw invincible.

and the rose to do chip damage

gibration

EraldoCoil said:
Fuck that shit, i teched that fucking throw....FUCK!

I didnt play anywhere near my best, dropping links and combos...... but i teched that mother fucking throw!!!
I played like shit too but ggs anyways. <3

DigiMish

Good shit Panda - haven't fought a decent Hakan since forever, so I totally forgot the matchup. We should get some more games in sometime.:D

cHaotix8

Pandaman said:
and? he's not alone in that regard, he's not being singled out and hell, having a dp at all is an anti air and wakeup bonus in and of itself anyway. lots of characters would love to have your problem.

a trade isn't a small thing to ask for. a trade means you get for cheap, a trade dp means people have to approach you completely differently, a trade dp heavily buffs dudleys non ex wakeup game.

so yeah, that is too much to ask for.

First off, thanks for answering my post with a intelligent response. Cammy, Ryu, Ken, Akuma, Adon, Dan, Guile, Seth, Cody and Balrog all have some form of invincibility on their reversals. The thing that separates them from Dudley is that they also have a way to zone, turtle, or beat you on the ground with superior footsies. Dudley can't do any of that. When fighting characters that have good anti airs, you're pretty much forced to fight them on the ground where they dominate. The least you can ask for is some kind of reversal so that they don't dominate you in the air too without meter.

because this isn't third strike.

You seem to miss the point of why I brought up third strike. In third strike, CC was invincible on startup, but no one used it because you could just parry and take the momentum. In this game, it starts up slower, has no upper body invuln on startup, and loses to armor breakers. That seems kind of backwards. What made Dudley good in third strike was the range on his normals and parry, so he didn't need invincibility on his uppercut. Now, they've taken all that away and just gave him high damage, which just isn't enough.

In SF4 when I'm playing a good Ryu and finally get the knockdown, I get scared to even go for the uppercut just because it can lead to me having to fight my way in all over again. I shouldn't have to worry about that too as well as getting jumped in on, where the best I can hope for is blocking the jump in and getting stuck in a block string.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom