• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Super Street Fighter 4 |OT2| BACK OF THE BUS, SAGAT!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aruarian Reflection

Chauffeur de la gdlk
Kadey said:
Thanks.
Yeah. Flowchart. T.Hawk. Too busy mashing 360s, flying condor and tomahawk but doesn't know how to block properly.

This is the last weekend for a major and big tournament. After that, it's the "offseason" for the FGC. I expect some good stuff. And everybody should enjoy while they can. :D

Are you going to NEC? It's in your city and you're staying home? :(
Pretty funny that normally Kadey responds to Markman posts within minutes but when he pleads for her to go, she completely ignores him :lol

Protocol Snow said:
Are you going to NEC? It's in your city and you're staying home? :(
Pretty funny that normally Kadey responds to Markman posts within minutes but when he pleads for her to go, she completely ignores him :lol

Yeah, Kadey. I really think you should go. It'll be a great experience. And I'm sure you'll get mad love from the community. Plus, we can cheer for you on the stream.

Sako came to the US. It's time for Kadey to leave Team NAH or Team AAH or whatever.

Skilotonn

xbot xbot xbot xbot xbot
Yeah for real Kadey, you should go - share the camera with MarkMan too.

FindMyFarms said:
I played Makoto before people played makoto! And then I quit her before people played makoto!

Pfffft - I played Makoto before everyone else did, AND still stuck with her till today, so yeah!

But it's alright, once people play with her, they'll see that not too much changed with her so they'll hop right off the bandwagon again and leave her with the handful of us once again... :lol

Watching the AE trailer again, it really was good to see Dee Jay combo low short into upkicks - it still boggles me how a character can go from how he was in ST to how he is now, but then I remember Sean's jump to 3rd Strike.

Kadey

Mrs. Harvey
I'd like to see all these posts where I'm responding to him in a matter of minutes. :lol

For the uninformed. I don't actually live in Philly. Haven't so for a while. I'm a good 2 hours away from it, where the tournament is being held. I have some friends that are probably going to be there though. People don't know that I do/did go to tournaments. Just haven't gone to a major yet.

Another thing is I'm working. Sucks when most people take vacation this time of the year. I won't be able to watch the stream itself till late at night as usual these days.

The scene needs more love than an individual. They'll be hate no matter how nice of a person you are. People will be people. Don't do anything and expect to get something. Do it because you love it.

I'll be rooting for ♥Team Sp00ky♥ people. Hopefully they'll be wearing my gear. :D

I was playing on xbl last night, playing endless with one of the local. The room was set at 8 man lobby no private slot. After we played some matches, back to the lobby. The room is full of players now, and they all pick Dan and troll the hell out of us. I check their profile and friend list and they were all friends with each other. But after a couple matches, host kicked everyone out. Dan Troll Army:lol

El Sloth

Banned
SephirothRK said:
I was playing on xbl last night, playing endless with one of the local. The room was set at 8 man lobby no private slot. After we played some matches, back to the lobby. The room is full of players now, and they all pick Dan and troll the hell out of us. I check their profile and friend list and they were all friends with each other. But after a couple matches, host kicked everyone out. Dan Troll Army:lol
:lol That's awesome. Would love to try something similar one of these days.

haunts said:
Haha I know thats wack. Im getting them to add in the NeoGAF shout out if that means anything. LOL. This is the fourth time ive asked them to add more names down there.

We have been shouted out! All is forgiven. Hawt pic.

haunts said:
cant a man be salty?! denying one a salty runback is the worst man. :lol

i think you should stick with dudley tho. try sticking your ground more. you tend to walk back into a corner a lot i think.

Yeah, I was trying to stay just outside your forward dash range since it seemed like your gameplan was basically random axe kick/random focus/forward dash mixups, the latter being the scariest. When I got about halfway to the corner, I would start doing random ducking straights to beat your focus, with some success. Plus, far standing Fierce is a really good anti air against Makoto. You're right, though, I could have held my position by showing focus, but I was afraid of karakusa and backdash punishes with how quick Mak is.

I'm more mad at my poor reactions than anything, normally I should be able to CSC Axe kicks and EX MGB back jumps every time, but I was really off. Probably because I've been spending too much time fucking around with Gen and Sagat. I missed a lot of easy hit confirms, too.

Wiseblade

I think it's time for another round of...

Chart your SF4 character history!

for me:

Main: El Fuerte -> El Fuerte U2

Secondary: None

GDLK Day One: Sakura, Guy

Relix said:
Man I haven't played this game in eons. Daaamn. =P

yeah, GT5 has been making play SSFIV less

plus, I moved into a new apartment and they won't let me install Fios so I'm back to shitty lag fighter IV, which don't help :-(

edit:

Wiseblade....my maining history: SFIV: Rog-->Sim--> Chun-->Cammy

SSFIV - Chun, Cammy --->Guy

Guy is awesome

hitsugi

shit, I've been through most of the cast as "mains"

..now it seems to be akuma, seth, ryu, guy, sakura, ibuki, cammy, rufus.

hard to pick a main when your favorite character is Guy..

Yoshichan

And they made him a Lord of Cinder. Not for virtue, but for might. Such is a lord, I suppose. But here I ask. Do we have a sodding chance?
Vanilla: Ryu -> Guile -> Abel

Super: Abel

AE: Guile

Mine is pretty uninteresting but oh well

Main: SF4 Ryu -> SF4 Ken -> SSF4 Ryu

When I was still using pad, I picked up Ken and found that I was getting better results with him then I did with Ryu. But when I learned how to play on a arcade stick and could actually do 1-2 frame links, I went back to Ryu as my main.

Secondaries: Ken, Seth, Cammy, Adon(just started trying him)

My Ken is pretty close to my Ryu as you can imagine. But my Cammy and Seth are soooo free. I'm just begging to lose when I play those two :lol . The funny thing is although I just started trying Adon and have barely played him, I get better results with Adon just because of his odd jump arc.

Wish I could play: Viper, Guy

I like the two, but they're pretty hard to play as. Plus I'm lazy and don't want to put the work into these two to bring them up to the same level as my mains or even secondaries.

AE: Evil Ryu

Be afraid, be very afraid :p

ExMachina

Unconfirmed Member
Vanilla: Cammy
Super: Cammy
AE: ...Cammy

Sense a pattern? I just don't have time to play the game because of school... :( I've used El Fuerte as a secondary and picked up Makoto when Super came out, but I always default to Cammy when I get the chance to play in locals.

Vanilla: Abel/Gen (main was Abel to begin with, switched to Gen then switched back to Abel upon hearing of the Super nerfs) > Ryu

Super: Abel > Rose >>>>>>>> Adon

No idea about AE I'm not liking the nerfs my guys are getting but I'll need to wait and see how they'll play out against the rest of the cast. Though if I do switch I'm sure I'll still manage to counter-pick Wiseblade in the end :D

jlai

SFIV: Dabbled with alot of the cast really but spent most of my time with Balrog and Chun
Super: Rose Makoto Random select
AE: Prob sticking with Mak

I have character ADD

El Sloth

Banned
I feel like a newb for never getting into Vanilla.

SSIV: Makoto-->Cody-->Guy

I've dabbled with Dan and Dudley, but I didn't really put any effort into them. I still use Cody as an alt. I'll probably be sticking with Guy for AE.

Edit: Will definitely be trying out the twins in AE, though.

Rocwell

Oh are we doing this again? :lol

I never played fighters competitively with people other than my friends before SFIV, I know it's weird but I probably spent most of my time playing arcade mode vs the cpu since SF2 on the SNES.

SFIV:
Main- Ryu to get a grip on fighting a real person and learn the game systems
Sub- Fei Long because I've been playing him since Super SF2. I also felt he was higher on the tier list than people gave him credit for in that game even with his shitty chickenwing. I also toyed around with Fuerte and Chun a bit.

Super:
Main- Makoto
since day 1
, Fei, Ryu
Sub- Chun, Dan, and I might start playing Sakura with a little more frequency.

AE:
I'm more interested in Yun than Yang at this point but I will probably give both a shot and see if either grabs me. I might drop Ryu for Evil Ryu if he got some REALLY fun new toys to play with such as things I have mentioned in other posts.
SF3 sidekick

I need to start working on the C 2 shining C trophy, I just need that and all the Colors/Taunts for the platinum now. Maybe I'll find another character to keep in my back pocket. :lol

Brobzoid

how do I slip unnoticed out of a gloryhole booth?
Vanilla: Balrog (before everyone was doing it damn it!) then switched to Abel
Super: Adon (mak on second)
AE: Adon (mak on second)

I'm interested in Yang as well, but I don't think he'll surpass either adon or makoto for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom